Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Getting stronger kicks this evening (after eating a magnum mini!) I called OH in because I felt it with my fingertips. I put his fingers exactly on the spot and lo and behold - a big dig, and he was able to feel it! I'm so thrilled he could feel it so early on, I'm only 18 weeks. It's such a lovely sensation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I said id have an early night and fell asleep. I woke up at 12 with these piercing cramps.... Have had a dose since and been in the bathroom more then the bedroom. No vomiting thank god. Cramps are dying down andi have a bit of heartburn. Im after drinking 2 bottles of water and they have stayed down. The cramps were something else.... For a minute i was terrified i was in labour. OH wanted to call the hospital but i didnt see the point...

At 3am i got a message saying my cousin went into labour at midnight. i would have been due in the next few weeks, so now im wide awake waiting to hear news!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I said id have an early night and fell asleep. I woke up at 12 with these piercing cramps.... Have had a dose since and been in the bathroom more then the bedroom. No vomiting thank god. Cramps are dying down andi have a bit of heartburn. Im after drinking 2 bottles of water and they have stayed down. The cramps were something else.... For a minute i was terrified i was in labour. OH wanted to call the hospital but i didnt see the point...

At 3am i got a message saying my cousin went into labour at midnight. i would have been due in the next few weeks, so now im wide awake waiting to hear news!

I've had that a few times this pregnancy. I used to suffer badly with IBS but it cleared up a few years ago. So I'm familiar with the pain of bowel spasms. Not nice at all.

Hope all goes well for your cousin!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I've had that a few times this pregnancy. I used to suffer badly with IBS but it cleared up a few years ago. So I'm familiar with the pain of bowel spasms. Not nice at all.

Hope all goes well for your cousin!

Thanks Das Kitty ;)

She had a little boy an hour ago, 8.4 ounces so will be calling out to her later... Im a mixed bag of emotions here :/

Oh and it feels like nothing happened last night now!!

Thanks Das Kitty ;)

She had a little boy an hour ago, 8.4 ounces so will be calling out to her later... Im a mixed bag of emotions here :/

Oh and it feels like nothing happened last night now!!

Congrats to your cousin - mixed emotions for you I'm sure.

Hopefully this morning was just one of those things - keep the fluids up and rest as much as poss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Anyone else getting leg cramps at night? Mother of god. Legs locking up and toes going all funny. Its really painful. Tonic water is supposed to help.

Had 20 week scan in CUMH yesterday. Almost 5 hours waiting in total! All other appointments changed to St Finbarrs which is supposed to be much quieter thankfully. All well anyway and baby facing head downwards so hopefully it's nice and comfy and will stay in that position till the end!

livinsane wrote: »
    Anyone else getting leg cramps at night? Mother of god. Legs locking up and toes going all funny. Its really painful. Tonic water is supposed to help.

Don't go overboard with the tonic water as quinine can cross the placenta. A few glasses are grand though.

Bananas are good for spasms too. If you can stomach them on the green side, they're better.
    Had 20 week scan in CUMH yesterday. Almost 5 hours waiting in total! All other appointments changed to St Finbarrs which is supposed to be much quieter thankfully. All well anyway and baby facing head downwards so hopefully it's nice and comfy and will stay in that position till the end!

Wow, that's a lot for a scan! Babies normally keep flipping around up until the 7th month. I was watching my fella spin on my 20 week scan (shouldn't have drank that coke :) ). They mostly do end up head down though because their heads are heavier and gravity and all that.

Not getting leg cramps but getting cramps in the arches of my feet! So weird...

Went to the beach this morning with OH just to get air, only getting into bed now am wrecked from last night... It's a sin though, the day is gorgeous!

My hip is in bits again. I think il be using my crutches soon!

Hope everyone is out getting a bit of sun xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Don't go overboard with the tonic water as quinine can cross the placenta. A few glasses are grand though.

Bananas are good for spasms too. If you can stomach them on the green side, they're better.

Thanks for that, I'd have gone apesh!t on the tonic water otherwise. Will try out a few bananas instead.

Thanks for that, I'd have gone apesh!t on the tonic water otherwise. Will try out a few bananas instead.

I still drink tonic water sometimes. I was having a pint of half fruit juice half tonic.

You'd need to be drinking a lot for any ill-effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

My midwife told me to take magnesium tablets at night at it has completely stopped my leg cramps :) bought my first maternity jeans... WOW... The comfort is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Back is quite sore the last couple of days, was putting it down to a lot of bending and crouching in work helping with art projects. The joys of being 5'10 and working with mostly dinky 6 year olds. Bit stomach crampy today now too today :-(

I bought a couple of belly/bump bands today, I'm hoping they'll take the pressure off my back. I saw a thing called a bump bra in bella baby in dundrum a while ago, it looked really supportive - might be worth investing in?

In other news, I fainted in Dunnes today while holding a twin pack of maternity knickers. Collapsed in a heap into a rail of granny pants. The glamour.

nikpmup wrote: »
    I bought a couple of belly/bump bands today, I'm hoping they'll take the pressure off my back. I saw a thing called a bump bra in bella baby in dundrum a while ago, it looked really supportive - might be worth investing in?

In other news, I fainted in Dunnes today while holding a twin pack of maternity knickers. Collapsed in a heap into a rail of granny pants. The glamour.

Jaysus are you okay?

Are you having low blood pressure problems?

Jaysus are you okay?

Are you having low blood pressure problems?

I'm grand now, just a bit hot & bothered earlier. Once I sat down & had a scone & a cuppa I was grand. My BP has always been fine - just one of those things I guess.

I'm grand now, just a bit hot & bothered earlier. Once I sat down & had a scone & a cuppa I was grand. My BP has always been fine - just one of those things I guess.

Nothing scarier ;( glad you came around. You cant beat a cup of tea! It was really warm today!
    Were you on your own!

Nothing scarier ;( glad you came around. You cant beat a cup of tea! It was really warm today!
    Were you on your own!

I was, I sent a rail of granny pants flying everywhere! The staff were very good, they got me the cuppa & scone, I was grand after about ten mins. I didn't lose consciousness, my legs just gave way and I went down!

I was, I sent a rail of granny pants flying everywhere! The staff were very good, they got me the cuppa & scone, I was grand after about ten mins. I didn't lose consciousness, my legs just gave way and I went down!

Its stil scary, glad your ok!

Glad to hear the staff were good to you!

Hi girls,

I called out to see my cousin earlier today. Hes a little buster, i fell in love with him straight away. I think I built it up too much in my mind that I was going get upset, but it was the opposite. I was her first visitor today and no one else there so it was grand.

Im more excited now. I went to the doctor, not my usual one and he just told me to do light physio and rest up. At my scan next week I will mention it again.

Im lying here watching tv with a hot water bottle on my hip and bean kicking away :D

I plan on getting up early and going for a swim with OH so hopefully i may get relief from that..

Who else has still to get 20 week scans?

Any plans for the bank holiday?

Hi girls,

I called out to see my cousin earlier today. Hes a little buster, i fell in love with him straight away. I think I built it up too much in my mind that I was going get upset, but it was the opposite. I was her first visitor today and no one else there so it was grand.

Im more excited now. I went to the doctor, not my usual one and he just told me to do light physio and rest up. At my scan next week I will mention it again.

Im lying here watching tv with a hot water bottle on my hip and bean kicking away :D

I plan on getting up early and going for a swim with OH so hopefully i may get relief from that..

Who else has still to get 20 week scans?

Any plans for the bank holiday?

I'm due my 20 week scan in two weeks time, can't wait! I'm working this weekend so no plans, but I'm off all next week :D Hope the weather is good!

• Advertisement

I've my 20 week scan on the 12th of June(my birthday!). Can't wait to see Junior again even though its only been a couple of weeks. Still undecided about finding out the sex, husband isnt as definite about wanting to find out now and that suits me. I kind of want it to be a surprise(but i could have my arm twisted easily too :p )No real plans for the weekend. Back is still quite sore so I'd say I'll be taking it easy.

Im really looking forward to mine too! We arent finding out the sex! Cant believe we are halfway there!

OH is on 2-10 today and hes going to a hurling match tomorrow. So im just going to sort through things today and getting some dinner in mams tomorrow.

Just wondering to anyone thats feeling movement, do you feel it at anytime during the day or at the same time?
    Im feeling it mostly in the evening/night and 4am this morning!

Im really looking forward to mine too! We arent finding out the sex! Cant believe we are halfway there!

OH is on 2-10 today and hes going to a hurling match tomorrow. So im just going to sort through things today and getting some dinner in mams tomorrow.

Just wondering to anyone thats feeling movement, do you feel it at anytime during the day or at the same time?
    Im feeling it mostly in the evening/night and 4am this morning!

I'm feeling it mostly in the evening too, when I'm sitting quietly on the couch after running about all day. As I'm typing this (sitting down in work) I can feel little movements. Yesterday I had a cake and iced tea in costa coffee, I leaned forwards in my chair and I got a right good jab! I reckon I must've been squashing the poor little 'un, and was getting a dig to get me to move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

I definitely feel the movements a lot more in the evening and going to bed! I hope it's not the sign of a night owl!!
    My belly has suddenly sprouted a lot in the past few days! How are all our bumps coming along?

knock13 wrote: »
    I definitely feel the movements a lot more in the evening and going to bed! I hope it's not the sign of a night owl!!
    My belly has suddenly sprouted a lot in the past few days! How are all our bumps coming along?

Mine too....my sister was humungous on her last pregnancy, I'm hoping I don't follow suit!
    Got loads of jabs and wiggles all day today -s/he is an active fecker!!

Yeah, mine kicked my toddler in the back as he was sitting on my knee today. He was most annoyed!

Mine is still being a lazy beggar most of the time. Have had some movement/flutters over the last few day/ week then got a couple of big jabs this afternoon. Don't think he liked me watching television. Someone recommended I watch Revenge. Not sure myself or junior can get into it :p

I'm such a panicker - haven't had any kicks or wiggles yet today and I'm worrying myself stupid :o Baba's probably just snoozing :)

I have the horrible task of taking my poor doggie to the vet this evening to be pts - he's 13, he has arthritis, diabetes, he's blind and has cancer - it's got to the stage where he's really uncomfortable and I can't allow him to become worse. I was almost wailing while talking to the vet nurse on the phone - bloody hormones :( (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) So not a happy day in nikpmup towers :(

I'm such a panicker - haven't had any kicks or wiggles yet today and I'm worrying myself stupid :o Baba's probably just snoozing :)

I have the horrible task of taking my poor doggie to the vet this evening to be pts - he's 13, he has arthritis, diabetes, he's blind and has cancer - it's got to the stage where he's really uncomfortable and I can't allow him to become worse. I was almost wailing while talking to the vet nurse on the phone - bloody hormones :( (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) So not a happy day in nikpmup towers :(

Ahhh nikpmup :( im so sorry, i know its heartbreaking but you have to do whats right for doggie xxx im crying here thinking of you xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

All in all 4th june is not a good day for anyone. Me and my partner of 6 years broke up today :(

Advertisement