Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Madisson wrote: »
    All in all 4th june is not a good day for anyone. Me and my partner of 6 years broke up today :(

Just poking my nose in from the july thread. I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you're ok *hugs* xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

All in all 4th june is not a good day for anyone. Me and my partner of 6 years broke up today :(

Oh no - I'm so sorry to hear that. Big hugs xx

I'm back from the vet, very weepy but I know I did the right thing for my poor doggie. He went out eating chicken & wagging his little tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Sorry to hear that Madisson. Take care of yourself.

nikpmup wrote: »
    I'm back from the vet, very weepy but I know I did the right thing for my poor doggie. He went out eating chicken & wagging his little tail.

nikpmup, was thinking about you and your poor dog earlier. Never an easy thing to do but at least you were with him and he's not in any pain anymore. Had to do it myself a couple of times over the years. Getting teary now thinking about it. Hope you're okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Madisson so sorry to hear that, hope you are ok. Take care of yourself and bump

Nikpump that's hard going having to say bye to your dog, but it sounds like he must be out of a lot of pain now.
    Take care ladies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

ahhh f**k it ill get there, got a baby to be thinking about, if he wants to be a pig and walk away from that its his loss not mine. MEN!

Haven't felt any kicks or wiggles today..... Am I panicking over nothing, or should I ring Holles st in the morning?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Haven't felt any kicks or wiggles today..... Am I panicking over nothing, or should I ring Holles st in the morning?

You're not supposed to start counting them until 28 weeks because the baby can just be hanging out in a different position that you can't feel. That said, give them a ring and see what they say. If it were me I'd drink a can of coke and wait a half hour.

Some days I barely feel mine and others my tummy is hopping.

Thanks DK - I know I'm probably panicking over nothing, but I've felt movement of some sort every day, and nothing at all this evening. I ate a load of ice cream about an hour ago, nothing yet (I don't drink fizzy drinks) If I don't get a wiggle by tonight, I'll ring in the morning.

Thanks DK - I know I'm probably panicking over nothing, but I've felt movement of some sort every day, and nothing at all this evening. I ate a load of ice cream about an hour ago, nothing yet (I don't drink fizzy drinks) If I don't get a wiggle by tonight, I'll ring in the morning.

Lie on your side. That can work when gravity gets them.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Lie on your side. That can work when gravity gets them.

Rolling over now!

Hope you got some wiggles going nikpmup. There's no pattern to my movements at all. I did get what I'd nearly describe as a jab yesterday when I crouched down in P.E. must have been squashing the poor fecker. Also got some moves when I was listening to the latest daft punk album the other day. I can't decide yet whether they were approving or disapproving wiggles :)

Had the worst night sleep in ages and I was shattered going to bed. Not good when I have 2 extremely mental days ahead at work.

Roesy wrote: »
    Hope you got some wiggles going nikpmup. There's no pattern to my movements at all. I did get what I'd nearly describe as a jab yesterday when I crouched down in P.E. must have been squashing the poor fecker. Also got some moves when I was listening to the latest daft punk album the other day. I can't decide yet whether they were approving or disapproving wiggles :)

Had the worst night sleep in ages and I was shattered going to bed. Not good when I have 2 extremely mental days ahead at work.

Had the phone in my hand this morning to phone Holles street, and got two indignant jabs! Panic averted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I had my 20 week scan this morning ;) everything looks great, we were told to look away at the start as we didnt want to find out!!

We got so many photos its great!! Theyre concerned about my hip but again all i can do is physio and rest!!

Off to enjoy the sun now!!

I had my 20 week scan this morning ;) everything looks great, we were told to look away at the start as we didnt want to find out!!

Yeah, it's pretty obvious when it's a boy on certain measurements!

Im convinced its a boy but we arent finding out :)

Our 20 week scan is Wednesday. Looking forward to it. Will be resisiting the urge to peek at the screen so. Think we are keeping it a surprise.

Really tired today and it wasn't as mental as I expected at work but tomorrow will be. Had to go to bed for an hour when I came home which is most unlike me. Not long awake and I feel hungover and wooly headed!

Mines on Thursday :) Really can't wait!!

mine is on tuesday but ill be 22 weeks then. Im definitely finding out. i keep seeing outfits and wanting to get them but then realise i cant because i dont know the sex. i cant wait that long haha im too impatient. are any of you going to get a 3d scan??

mine is on tuesday but ill be 22 weeks then. Im definitely finding out. i keep seeing outfits and wanting to get them but then realise i cant because i dont know the sex. i cant wait that long haha im too impatient. are any of you going to get a 3d scan??

We want to get one - we were looking at ultrasound dimensions in blackrock. I think they recommend you are about 28-32 weeks.

• Advertisement

We want to get one - we were looking at ultrasound dimensions in blackrock. I think they recommend you are about 28-32 weeks.

ye thats where my sister went for it, they were really good and so friendly in there. Its a nice thing to have i think but if you get it there is no escaping the sex of your baby.

ye thats where my sister went for it, they were really good and so friendly in there. Its a nice thing to have i think but if you get it there is no escaping the sex of your baby.

Really? I was hoping they could avoid telling us - a friend of mind got one done a few yrs ago and she didn't find out. I think I'll email them and see what they say

Really? I was hoping they could avoid telling us - a friend of mind got one done a few yrs ago and she didn't find out. I think I'll email them and see what they say

I just figured it would be so clear that you would automatically see... could be completely wrong.. ye id email them just to make sure. I wouldnt be able to wait to find out though... id be doing my nut haha

I just figured it would be so clear that you would automatically see... could be completely wrong.. ye id email them just to make sure. I wouldnt be able to wait to find out though... id be doing my nut haha

My OH is adamant he doesn't want to find out, and I had always said I didn't mind, but of late I feel like I really want to know! I won't find out if he doesn't want to (mainly cos I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself!) but I'll be itching to know!

id be itching to find too.. haha.. does anyone know how long the 20 week scan in the rotunda usually takes? will it be the 3 hours like the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Good luck with all your scans ladies, we had ours last week and it was great. Not sure if she didn't show us certain parts so as to avoid us seeing the sex but we definitely wouldn't have had a clue what we were looking at! Maybe cos it was moving around too much. I would imagine a 3d one would be clearer though. Would be interested to hear if they can avoid showing you in the 3d scan. We went to ultrasound dimensions for our early scan and they were great.

Not sure about the rotunda Madison but the scan in holles street was really quick, in and out in the hour.

Am annoyed this morning. I take eltroxin for an under active thyroid. Dose is best taken on an empty stomach. Since becoming pregnant I have started taking it at about 5/5.30am as it is when I wake for the bathroom. Earlier on in the pregnancy I was just throwing it up if I took it when I got up. Now this morning I can't remember whether I took the dose at all. Was very tired last night and zombie walked my trips to the bathroom and have no idea the times i went. I'm about 60% sure at this stage I didn't take it but its driving me mad. Am sure one missed dose won't make a massive difference but I'll ring the pharmacy in a minute and see what they say.

Am annoyed this morning. I take eltroxin for an under active thyroid. Dose is best taken on an empty stomach. Since becoming pregnant I have started taking it at about 5/5.30am as it is when I wake for the bathroom. Earlier on in the pregnancy I was just throwing it up if I took it when I got up. Now this morning I can't remember whether I took the dose at all. Was very tired last night and zombie walked my trips to the bathroom and have no idea the times i went. I'm about 60% sure at this stage I didn't take it but its driving me mad. Am sure one missed dose won't make a massive difference but I'll ring the pharmacy in a minute and see what they say.

Rosey, i take 150mg eltroxin a day, it was upped from 125mg when i found out i was expecting. Youll be fine if you miss a dose just take it as soon as you can, if you didnt take it for a week then you should worry! A few months ago i kept forgetting to take it and told doc. She said, the same as yourself really, leave it in the bathroom so when i go first thing il see and remember it and now i always take it!

I went to beach yesterday, it was lovely. When i woke up this morning my hip is not as bad as it was so hooray for the sun!!!

Rosey, i take 150mg eltroxin a day, it was upped from 125mg when i found out i was expecting. Youll be fine if you miss a dose just take it as soon as you can, if you didnt take it for a week then you should worry! A few months ago i kept forgetting to take it and told doc. She said, the same as yourself really, leave it in the bathroom so when i go first thing il see and remember it and now i always take it!

I went to beach yesterday, it was lovely. When i woke up this morning my hip is not as bad as it was so hooray for the sun!!!

Thanks! Was afraid to take it this morning just in case I was taking a double dose. Thats what I was thinking though, one missed dose shouldn't be an issue. How often are your levels being checked during the pregnancy? I'm on 175mg now. Consultant said I could end up on anything up to double that by the end! Now, he did also say that 175 could be sufficient too. I have another blood test Friday.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't reckon one missed dose will do any harm, just carry on as normal tomorrow.

Having my first overheated preggo day today, baking!!! Am currently sitting on the couch (coolest room in the house) in just my fetching mat knickers fanning myself! I'm some sight, I assure you! Going to a BBQ later - I'll be competing with the chicken wings for sizzle!

Advertisement