Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    I wouldn't reckon one missed dose will do any harm, just carry on as normal tomorrow.

Having my first overheated preggo day today, baking!!! Am currently sitting on the couch (coolest room in the house) in just my fetching mat knickers fanning myself! I'm some sight, I assure you! Going to a BBQ later - I'll be competing with the chicken wings for sizzle!

Ha, that was like me yesterday afternoon. Husband came home to find me panned out on top of the bed in just a sleeveless(and now ill-fitting!) vest and knicks. Normally love the heat but had been out in the sun all day at sports day at work and I was just wrecked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Roesy wrote: »
    Thanks! Was afraid to take it this morning just in case I was taking a double dose. Thats what I was thinking though, one missed dose shouldn't be an issue. How often are your levels being checked during the pregnancy? I'm on 175mg now. Consultant said I could end up on anything up to double that by the end! Now, he did also say that 175 could be sufficient too. I have another blood test Friday.

Theyre getting checked every 4-6 weeks really,in saying that they were last done at 12 week scan, but before that she had done 2 sets of bloods. im getting them done on monday again! Doc said the highest shed see me on would be 175mg because my blood have always been right so shes not too worried. She told me she went to a lecture about underactive thyroid and pregnancy and as long as your monitored everything will be fine!

Just back from the beach and i feel so dizzy, sent oh off to get a scone or something. It was so nice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

If anyone's interested I found a lovely maternity swimsuit in Dunnes yesterday. It's a simple black and white style, but has loads of boob support and I think it's quite flattering! I thought I was going to have to order off the internet, but I have no idea what size I am, so it was great to be able to try it on! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

DoctorBoo wrote: »
    If anyone's interested I found a lovely maternity swimsuit in Dunnes yesterday. It's a simple black and white style, but has loads of boob support and I think it's quite flattering! I thought I was going to have to order off the internet, but I have no idea what size I am, so it was great to be able to try it on! ;-)

I got one as well, they're nice. I had to get a size 16 though (I'm normally a 12) as the 12 and 14 were too short in the body and not big enough in the chest - granted, my boobs are huge at present! It was great not having to buy a really pricey one from Mothercare or jojo Maman bebe. Now, if I can just convince my other half to shave my legs and bikini line I'm all set for my hols :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Now, if I can just convince my other half to shave my legs and bikini line I'm all set for my hols :D

hahahahahahaha....BRILLIANT

• Advertisement

Where is this dunnes! None in Waterford! Sounds ideal ;)

Blanchardstown or St Stephens Green SC have them, don't know about anywhere else.

My mam picked me up one in dunnes on henry street. bit of a distance from waterford though haha

I got mine in the Dublin area too. Don't see why they wouldn't have them in Waterford! You could get them to send one down from another shop, but if you do, make sure to go up one or two sizes - my maternity clothes are all size 8 or 10, but I needed a 12 in this swimsuit.

I got mine in the Dublin area too. Don't see why they wouldn't have them in Waterford! You could get them to send one down from another shop, but if you do, make sure to go up one or two sizes - my maternity clothes are all size 8 or 10, but I needed a 12 in this swimsuit.

Waterford dunnes isnt great, my mam said shed come up to dublin with me next week and maybe go to henry street/ mary street/ o connell street. Want to have a look in penneys too! My aunt bought me a swim suit in mothercare but the chest seems too big ( i know il grow into them!) but i need to pick up a few things!!

Got a spurt of energy today so went with it. I can see the end of the laundry basket now :-)

• Advertisement

just home from my scan, it was amazing and im having a GIRL :D. i was convinced it was a boy, got a shock when she said a girl. absolutely thrilled though :)

Madisson wrote: »
    just home from my scan, it was amazing and im having a GIRL :D. i was convinced it was a boy, got a shock when she said a girl. absolutely thrilled though :)

Congrats Madison. I'm kind of getting curious myself, but I think I'll wait to find out til it's born.

Madisson wrote: »

Many congrats :D

Congrats Madison. I'm kind of getting curious myself, but I think I'll wait to find out til it's born.

i couldnt help myself, i looked in a shop window and saw myself with a huge smile on my face... people must have thought i was crazy walking around the place. that scan was just unbelievable, fingers and chambers of the heart and all, i couldnt stop crying it was amazing

Many congrats :D

I can safely say this is the happiest day of my life so far. never witnessed anything like that before.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

That's brilliant Madisson! A daughter!

I liked finding out myself. It's nice to get part of the surprise 'early'. After all the agony of the first trimester, it's something to look forward to.

I found that on the day of my last birth, I wouldn't have cared had I given birth to a piglet I was that wrecked. :D

Had the 20 week scan this morning. Everything looks good. So cool to see all the organs etc. Little fecker was head down and in an awkward position for pictures and we wouldn't have even been able to tell the sex if we wanted to. Glad we had decided to leave it because we would have probably been disappointed if we had finally made the decision to find out.

Ours is tomorrow, can't wait! Lil' kicker seems to be lying across my belly today, back facing my front so I hope s/he moves into a good position before tomorrow! Gonna eat a dairy milk on the way into hospital :) We had a long conversation about finding out the sex, OH is ADAMANT he doesn't want to know, whereas I kinda do... However, as he said, he's only asked me two things of this pregnancy - one, that I kept it to myself for the first 12 weeks (done - nearly killed me!) and that we don't find out the sex. After that, I'm the boss... He may come to regret saying that :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Have a can of coke beforehand. Got my dude doing somersaults. :)

I can feel the outline of him in there now. His head is mostly over to my left and legs to the right, just like my other son. :)

My kingdom for a long length, non low riding pair of maternity jeans or jeggings.

• Advertisement

Just on way home from scan - wow! Everything looks good, ten fingers & toes, heart beating, long legs! All measurements good. A big relief, and so frikkin exciting!!! A couple of tears were shed and I've a pain in my face from smiling :)

Just on way home from scan - wow! Everything looks good, ten fingers & toes, heart beating, long legs! All measurements good. A big relief, and so frikkin exciting!!! A couple of tears were shed and I've a pain in my face from smiling :)

Delighted for you :-) did you find out???

yaaaay thats great, we're all getting good news.. makes it all so real doesnt it :D

Delighted for you :-) did you find out???

No.....when she asked, himself shook his head emphatically!!! I was holding out hope that he'd change his mind at the last second! (And yes, I know you're subscribed to this thread, mister :P )

My kingdom for a long length, non low riding pair of maternity jeans or jeggings.

Next for jeans, H&M for leggings - leggings are quite long esp. Also, asos.com have a great maternity range

My (.)(.)'s are bloody KILLING me today - in tesco earlier, the fridge section near killed me - the cold makes the nips hurt like bejaysus! I hope I'm not in for another growth spurt (generally what happens after they've been sore for a day or two) - I can't afford them to get any bigger!!!

My (.)(.)'s are bloody KILLING me today - in tesco earlier, the fridge section near killed me - the cold makes the nips hurt like bejaysus! I hope I'm not in for another growth spurt (generally what happens after they've been sore for a day or two) - I can't afford them to get any bigger!!!

Hit mine with a blast of the shower the other day and nearly went through the roof mine were so sensitive that day. Hadn't happened since quite early on.

Mentioned to a friend how baffled I was walking through the buggy section of mothercare. She started extolling the virtues of her bugaboo. Looked it up there, €1200. Holy mother of God! It was the first one I looked at. So expensive!

Hit mine with a blast of the shower the other day and nearly went through the roof mine were so sensitive that day. Hadn't happened since quite early on.

Mentioned to a friend how baffled I was walking through the buggy section of mothercare. She started extolling the virtues of her bugaboo. Looked it up there, €1200. Holy mother of God! It was the first one I looked at. So expensive!

Yeah its madness.... OH thought they came with engines looking at the price!! Have you your eye on anything yet?

Bugaboos are a shocking price, I'd refuse on principle to buy one even if I could!

Eurobaby has the Quinny buzz on sale this weekend: http://eurobabynursery.com/ie/product/super-saturday/quinny-buzz-blue-scratch Free delivery, and you can fit a maxi cosi car seat and a pram attachment to the chassis

• Advertisement

Quinny buzz are meant to be brilliant too because they are so light so they will last you as a normal buggie when baba is older. still around 8/9 hundred though. I got a silvercross 3 in 1 from my sister. its a bit heavy but will last untill shes 1 and ill get something else then :)

A friend of mine bought a pram and car €300 on ebay and its a really nice one. Id have a look there.. ill get the name of the place that sell them on it :)

Advertisement