Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

http://babycar.eu/... thats the site for the prams. My friend got one and said theyre brilliant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Yeah its madness.... OH thought they came with engines looking at the price!! Have you your eye on anything yet?

To be fair, he has a point. My first car didn't cost much more than that(even though that was nearly 12 years ago!) I hadn't looked or even thought properly about it until my 5 minute dash through mothercare on Wednesday. Then we looked up the bugaboo online on our friends recommendation. Really haven't a clue. Will start researching properly in the next week or two.

In other news I nearly fell flat on my face at the cinema this evening. Was just walking along and went flying. So embarrassing! Just righted myself before I hit the ground. Gave my arm a fine bang off the handrail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Ouchy! Hope it's not too sore :(

nikpmup wrote: »
    Ouchy! Hope it's not too sore :(

Think it's as much my pride that's hurt as anything. Had a fairly big audience for my performance! Just glad I righted myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Roesy wrote: »
    Think it's as much my pride that's hurt as anything. Had a fairly big audience for my performance! Just glad I righted myself.

Everyone will have forgotten by now, so dont worry ;) I dropped a €2 coin in Tesco the other day. Between bump and my hip i couldnt quite manage to pick it up, neither did anyone in the queue behind me ;(

• Advertisement

Junior gave 4-5 decent kicks or nudges there and stopped moving the minute my husband put his hand on my stomach. Did the same to me this morning. Was lying on my side and felt 3-4 in a row, the minute I put my hand on my stomach to see could I feel it from the outside he or she went quiet.

Junior gave 4-5 decent kicks or nudges there and stopped moving the minute my husband put his hand on my stomach. Did the same to me this morning. Was lying on my side and felt 3-4 in a row, the minute I put my hand on my stomach to see could I feel it from the outside he or she went quiet.

Mine does the same - I jiggle my belly where the last kick was to encourage another one, much to my OH's chagrin! I can feel them from the outside and OH has felt a few too :) it's weird, but amazing!!

Ugh. Randomly had a MS moment yesterday, upchucked my lunch, and now my entire face and throat is covered in a speckly rash - broken blood vessels from vomiting. Attractive!

Ugh. Randomly had a MS moment yesterday, upchucked my lunch, and now my entire face and throat is covered in a speckly rash - broken blood vessels from vomiting. Attractive!

Ugh, you poor thing! Am thankful the vomiting seems to have stopped completely for me and the nausea really only occurs if I'm very tired or let myself get hungry.

Got some bits from New Look online and they arrived today. All fit nicely. Only thing that annoyed me was that a three piece set of leggings, vest and bellyband arrived containing only the bellyband. That was the piece I wanted the least. Have emailed them so hopefully they'll send on the other bits soon. Speaking of these bellyband things, do any of you use them? They look a little restrictive.

Had my first swim in a few weeks today. My stomach felt really odd in the water. It almost felt like it was weighing me down:eek: The last time I swam I was only 8 weeks and it felt completely normal.

Ugh, you poor thing! Am thankful the vomiting seems to have stopped completely for me and the nausea really only occurs if I'm very tired or let myself get hungry.

Got some bits from New Look online and they arrived today. All fit nicely. Only thing that annoyed me was that a three piece set of leggings, vest and bellyband arrived containing only the bellyband. That was the piece I wanted the least. Have emailed them so hopefully they'll send on the other bits soon. Speaking of these bellyband things, do any of you use them? They look a little restrictive.

Had my first swim in a few weeks today. My stomach felt really odd in the water. It almost felt like it was weighing me down:eek: The last time I swam I was only 8 weeks and it felt completely normal.

I use a belly band pretty much all the time now - they have them in Dunnes for a tenner. I find they give great support to the bottom of my belly and my back. My sister had SPD so I'm mindful of overstretching things, so to speak. I don't find it restrictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Feeling a bit crampy today. Hope it goes away I will ring the hospital if they get stronger. They are like mild period pains at the moment.

Feeling a bit crampy today. Hope it goes away I will ring the hospital if they get stronger. They are like mild period pains at the moment.

Could be just ligaments stretching, but yes, ring the hospital to set your mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

HEARTBURN.......eughhhhh it will be the death of me hahaha!!!. started around 4 days ago and will not go away no matter what!!! I am not loving this side of pregnancy. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Can't believe I'm almost 25 weeks.

I have done nothing and bought nothing. I had a weensy freakout last night.

Hope the cramps have eased off. Had this a week or two ago along with back pain. Rang the hospital, they were very reassuring. They said first port of call would be to try and see my gp that day and that if she couldn't see me or the cramps got any worse to come straight in. Also reminded me that I could take paracetamol. Saw my gp and all was fine. Was just a combination of over doing it an round ligament pain. Would definitely give a ring or try and see your gp if you are in anyway worried.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm almost 25 weeks.

I have done nothing and bought nothing. I had a weensy freakout last night.

Am 21w 3d but think we'll definitely leave it 2-3 weeks before starting to get sorted. Do you have much to get or do you have a lot of it from your first? Had a bit of a panic in the wee hours a couple of nights when I was wide awake and thinking about how I was going to cope with sleepless nights/breastfeeding etc.

Am 21w 3d but think we'll definitely leave it 2-3 weeks before starting to get sorted. Do you have much to get or do you have a lot of it from your first? Had a bit of a panic in the wee hours a couple of nights when I was wide awake and thinking about how I was going to cope with sleepless nights/breastfeeding etc.

I have a lot, yeah. I wrote a bit of a list today though to start with.

I think I'm stressing over how my boy is going to react and how hard it was first time around with just me and my OH to worry about.

Once I've ticked off a few things on the list I reckon I'll feel much better.

Feel like crap today. Completely and utterly exhausted. Think it's just the result of a mental couple of weeks at work and being out late-ish last night. I'm in bed now but my stomach feels tight/uncomfortable whichever way I turn. Here's hoping for a good nights sleep.

I was like that on Thursday and yesterday - shattered. Was really looking forward to a lie in this morning, but was woken at 5am by a drop kick to my bladder :) Hope you get some sleep - try tucking a pillow under your bump to support it if its uncomfortable.

I was like that on Thursday and yesterday - shattered. Was really looking forward to a lie in this morning, but was woken at 5am by a drop kick to my bladder :) Hope you get some sleep - try tucking a pillow under your bump to support it if its uncomfortable.

Thanks, feel more human today definitely. Had an okay nights sleep. Even with the pillow I woke a few times and then a fly invaded the room at about 4.30/5. Still better than the night before!

Husband wants to book to go away next weekend to Portugal or Spain for a week. It'll be grand for him to get ready on such short notice, all his summer clothes still fit :-p

• Advertisement

There could well be sales already, I was in Mothercare in blanchardstown SC two weeks ago and picked up a few bits, all around a fiver! New look as well. Penneys is worth a look, they have a-line short jersey dresses that do the job really well.

I was awake all night running to the loo, and feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning, so OH gave me his credit card :) Got a few bits including jeans and tops and bands, i love the bands on New Look. Bought a pair of jeans in Mothercare last week. Theyre nice, need to get a hem on them, im a 28-29 in the leg and they only had 32 leg :( theyre falling nicley over my converse though!

Im going to be thrown on the sofa watching the hurling. OH was in at 2 til 10 so was a bit jealous leaving haha... My dad is going to get a few bits for me in Tescos so happy out now... :)

DFDSAFEahrewJESUSjwoirewankolkih!!!!!

Just got up, not even quickly and one of my tummy muscles decided to spasm. It was all I could do not to scream and wake the toddler. Holy fcuk!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    DFDSAFEahrewJESUSjwoirewankolkih!!!!!

Just got up, not even quickly and one of my tummy muscles decided to spasm. It was all I could do not to scream and wake the toddler. Holy fcuk!

Fcukin ow! Hows it now? Im still not used to my limited movements, had one lying onvthe couch last week. Doorbell rang and i got up with a fright, and bam!

I'm a crabby, cranky woman today.
    For the second time in a couple of weeks our road has been closed with no notice to residents. The road is windy, narrow and bumpy to begin with but the one they divert to is a couple of miles away, narrower with grass growing up the middle and one car wide. If you come against anything going faster than 10kmph its pretty nerve wracking. Felt like such a git after but ended up going on a bit of a (polite)rant to the roadworks guy controlling the traffic.
    Tired out but my thyroid and iron both came back okay. Baby is wiggling like mad so at least one of us has energy :D Roll on Friday and school holidays!

I was still getting diarrhea and wasnt feeling well at all yesterday and drinking water like there was no tomorrow.... I woke up at 2 and felt horrible. It was like bile in my stomach. So i gave in and rang the hospital (it takes alot for me to give in like that but i have bean to think about now) the nurse was lovely, she asked me loads of questions and said because im keeping down water i dont sound dehyrated. I am to wait til the morning and ring if its still the same.

I came back to bed with hot water bottle and OH was wide awake. So we were chatting away and bean started to kick. OH was delighted. It went on for 5 minutes. I told him to get sleep because hes up at 5.30 for work. Im just lying here now listening to his snores and feeling the kicks. The kicks make this horrible feeling bearable.

Only 17 more weeks ahhhhh!!

I was still getting diarrhea and wasnt feeling well at all yesterday and drinking water like there was no tomorrow.... I woke up at 2 and felt horrible. It was like bile in my stomach. So i gave in and rang the hospital (it takes alot for me to give in like that but i have bean to think about now) the nurse was lovely, she asked me loads of questions and said because im keeping down water i dont sound dehyrated. I am to wait til the morning and ring if its still the same.

I came back to bed with hot water bottle and OH was wide awake. So we were chatting away and bean started to kick. OH was delighted. It went on for 5 minutes. I told him to get sleep because hes up at 5.30 for work. Im just lying here now listening to his snores and feeling the kicks. The kicks make this horrible feeling bearable.

You poor thing :(

Hope you feel better soon.

:( hope it gets better for you. The kicking does make anything feel better though :)

Junior is being very quiet today, I know it's probably normal but is making me uneasy after he/she has been so active the last few days.

Inlikeflynn, hope you are feeling better!

• Advertisement

I feel massive. The pregnancy has started to push up under my ribs.

Getting more and more uncomfortable too. Yay.

Advertisement