Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I feel massive. The pregnancy has started to push up under my ribs.

Getting more and more uncomfortable too. Yay.

Something to look forward to :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Thanks girls xx

That horrible feeling went away, but alas, here I'm up again with another dose!

OH is starting to call bean "goosebump" now cause I seem to be only up in the night,

Hospital said if I'm goin 3 times in 24 hours or if I eat and I go straight away to come in... Yesterday I was fine during the day, I dunno. I'm so tired....

I had a headache before bed and couldn't find paracetamol so just tried to sleep on it.... Still there though!

Hope all is well.... Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Thanks girls xx

That horrible feeling went away, but alas, here I'm up again with another dose!

OH is starting to call bean "goosebump" now cause I seem to be only up in the night,

Hospital said if I'm goin 3 times in 24 hours or if I eat and I go straight away to come in... Yesterday I was fine during the day, I dunno. I'm so tired....

I had a headache before bed and couldn't find paracetamol so just tried to sleep on it.... Still there though!

Hope all is well.... Xx

The headache could be from dehydration - keep sip, sip sipping away at fluids constantly. Lucozade sport is good for rehydration. You poor thing - nothing as unpleasant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

hi girls.

isn't this a magical time :) is anyone else getting restless legs at night time?
    i'm really struggling to fall asleep and constantly jumping out of bed to do a lap of the house. its hard to describe to someone thats never had it . its not sore as such, but legs get very jittery. i'm going around like a zombie from lack of sleep.

nikpmup wrote: »
    The headache could be from dehydration - keep sip, sip sipping away at fluids constantly. Lucozade sport is good for rehydration. You poor thing - nothing as unpleasant :(

Just called into my friends house so grabbed a lucozade and a scone, so fingers crossed everything will be ok today!!

Mondaymonday would love to have energy again, im not used to this :(

• Advertisement

hi girls.

isn't this a magical time :) is anyone else getting restless legs at night time?
    i'm really struggling to fall asleep and constantly jumping out of bed to do a lap of the house. its hard to describe to someone thats never had it . its not sore as such, but legs get very jittery. i'm going around like a zombie from lack of sleep.

I only get them when I'm really tired, but once I stretch out in bed I'm okay....yes, a totally magical time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

i thought at 24 weeks i was meant to be full of energy and feeling fantastic!!! i am EXHAUSTED!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

hi girls.

Tonic water and a body pillow has worked wonders for me. Was getting wicked leg cramps and restless legs but started having a few glasses of tonic water a day and it's totally gone. Didn't drink any for the last three days and got a leg cramp last night so it's definitely the water thats helping.

livinsane wrote: »
    Tonic water and a body pillow has worked wonders for me. Was getting wicked leg cramps and restless legs but started having a few glasses of tonic water a day and it's totally gone. Didn't drink any for the last three days and got a leg cramp last night so it's definitely the water thats helping.

Be careful with the quinine - I'm not sure how much of it you can have while pregnant?

Getting summer holidays today. So delighted. Am wrecked the last few days and feel hungover this morning! Meeting my new class for an hour too today. Hope they are as nice as the current crew. If they aren't I won't have them for long when I go back I suppose! Another teacher asked my class yesterday had I told them my big news. Was really annoyed as I wasn't planning on telling them unless I was asked. I know it shouldn't bother me but I felt very on the spot. Told them I'd tell them today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I don't care if you can't get covers for it, that Ikea body pillow is the best 8 euro I ever spent. My god. Slept like a log on a cloud. :D

I'm getting my last wear out of some of my favourite t-shirts at the moment. Looking forward to being back in them in the new year all going well.

How is everyone doing? Anyone had the glucose tolerance test yet if they're having it? I have mine on Monday.

I don't care if you can't get covers for it, that Ikea body pillow is the best 8 euro I ever spent. My god. Slept like a log on a cloud. :D

I'm getting my last wear out of some of my favourite t-shirts at the moment. Looking forward to being back in them in the new year all going well.

How is everyone doing? Anyone had the glucose tolerance test yet if they're having it? I have mine on Monday.

My friend is going to ikea today and picking one up for me! Can't wait ;)

Glucose Tolerance test hasn't been mentioned to me yet. Have a scan on the 9th of July and back with the consultant on the 1st of August must ask then. Das Kitty, you mentioned being rhesus negative before. Am slightly confused about what they do at 28 weeks, is it that they test for antibodies or are you given anti-d? Thought they just tested but a friend of mine reckoned you are automatically given anti-d at that stage.

Roesy wrote: »
    Glucose Tolerance test hasn't been mentioned to me yet. Have a scan on the 9th of July and back with the consultant on the 1st of August must ask then. Das Kitty, you mentioned being rhesus negative before. Am slightly confused about what they do at 28 weeks, is it that they test for antibodies or are you given anti-d? Thought they just tested but a friend of mine reckoned you are automatically given anti-d at that stage.

Depends on the hospital. In Galway they test the baby after and if they're rhesus positive they'll give you anti-d. In Galway they give the GTT to any woman over 30 at 26 weeks.

Depends on the hospital. In Galway they test the baby after and if they're rhesus positive they'll give you anti-d. In Galway they give the GTT to any woman over 30 at 26 weeks.

Am over 30 so I must ask one of my friends who has had a baby recently what the protocol for the glucose testing is in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Am over 30 so I must ask one of my friends who has had a baby recently what the protocol for the glucose testing is in Cork.

I got a letter at the 13 week appointment in CUMH for the glucose test to be done during weeks 24 and 28. Maybe check your hospital folder?

I did the test last Friday in CUMH as my GP wanted 25 € for doing the test.
    Fasting from 10 pm the night before, then blood test, then about a pint or so of lucozade, wait two hours and then another blood test.
    The whole fasting and not even being allowed water was tough, so glad when it was over.

They said they'd ring by Wednesday if the results were high, haven't heard from them, so guess my levels are ok :-)

Wooha wrote: »
    I got a letter at the 13 week appointment in CUMH for the glucose test to be done during weeks 24 and 28. Maybe check your hospital folder?

I did the test last Friday in CUMH as my GP wanted 25 € for doing the test.
    Fasting from 10 pm the night before, then blood test, then about a pint or so of lucozade, wait two hours and then another blood test.
    The whole fasting and not even being allowed water was tough, so glad when it was over.

They said they'd ring by Wednesday if the results were high, haven't heard from them, so guess my levels are ok :-)
    Nope, nothing about it. Asked a couple of friends who have had babies here in the last 1-3 years and one did have it, one didn't. Am seeing midwife next week or week after before seeing consultant on the 1st of August so will ask then as I'm 23 weeks Monday.

I haven't had it mentioned to me either - the midwife did say at my booking appointment that I'd be checked; esp given that both of my sisters had GD but there's been no mention since. I assume I'll be told in time!

i got mine today..... napped for over an hour, im in love

i got mine today..... napped for over an hour, im in love

I can't quite get on with mine.... It usually ends up either kicked out of the bed or wrapped around the duvet! Maybe I'm doing it wrong! :D

Got a letter from Holles St to say that I'm anaemic and have to start taking galfer.... I've bought in some steak, spinach, broccoli etc in the hope that I'll be able to eat it, and some OJ to wash it down - here's hoping my delicate tum doesn't rebel!!

• Advertisement

I can't quite get on with mine.... It usually ends up either kicked out of the bed or wrapped around the duvet! Maybe I'm doing it wrong! :D

Same as that!

I feel kind of hungover the last few mornings. Not nice! Have had pms/hangovery type urges for junk food today too. Resisted the urge to have McDonalds for lunch and had an orange instead of an orange aero. Maybe its because I feel tired that I'm craving the crap food.

Same as that!

I feel kind of hungover the last few mornings. Not nice! Have had pms/hangovery type urges for junk food today too. Resisted the urge to have McDonalds for lunch and had an orange instead of an orange aero. Maybe its because I feel tired that I'm craving the crap food.

Whenever I had PMS/PMT I craved junk - I normally have a fairly healthy diet, except for since I've been pregnant! Although I'm doing well today, had cornflakes for brekkie (fortified!) sardines on toast for lunch and I'm now having a beef & broccoli stirfry for dinner, all washed down with OJ, as long as I don't gag I'll be doing alright! I WILL be having chocolate later - cant be a saint all the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

[QUOTE=Roesy;Am slightly confused about what they do at 28 weeks, is it that they test for antibodies or are you given anti-d? Thought they just tested but a friend of mine reckoned you are automatically given anti-d at that stage.[/QUOTE]

Im in the same boat, im in the rotunda but what i gathered was that i get the anti d at 28 weeks and then they test babys blood when shes born and see if shes positive or negative. Ive that clinic and my glucose tolerance test on the same day. have to be in for the gt at half 7 and negative blood clinic and half 1. going to be a looong day!!!

The glucose tolerance test went grand on Monday. The drink tastes like a blue Mr. Freeze. :D

I'd be astounded if I have diabetes.

I went into town after and got my hurr did and bought some ickle things for baby Chip. I also washed all the old stuff we kept from James and his chest of drawers is now stocked. :D

Is anyone else finding their stomachs fill awful quickly? I was stuffed this morning after my usual bowl of porridge. All I could eat for dinner last night was an orange without getting that uncomfortably full sensation.

The glucose tolerance test went grand on Monday. The drink tastes like a blue Mr. Freeze. :D

I'd be astounded if I have diabetes.

I went into town after and got my hurr did and bought some ickle things for baby Chip. I also washed all the old stuff we kept from James and his chest of drawers is now stocked. :D

Is anyone else finding their stomachs fill awful quickly? I was stuffed this morning after my usual bowl of porridge. All I could eat for dinner last night was an orange without getting that uncomfortably full sensation.

Yep! I have a gastric band, so I get full after a small amount anyway, so getting enough grub in has been a challenge - I'm piling on weight though, so I must be doing something right! 13st at the minute - I was about 11st 8/9lbs when I got pregnant.

Yep! I have a gastric band, so I get full after a small amount anyway, so getting enough grub in has been a challenge - I'm piling on weight though, so I must be doing something right! 13st at the minute - I was about 11st 8/9lbs when I got pregnant.

That's about right to gain at this stage. I've put on more bit I'm still all bump. :) the extra blood, fluid and baby adds up. You're supposed to have the biggest gain during weeks 17 to 30.

I've only put on about 7lbs, and all on the bump. Is this enough at this stage?

Actually I lost a couple of pounds in the first trimester so I'm probably closer to 10lbs on. Am about 7lb heavier than my pre pregnancy weight.

I've only put on about 7lbs, and all on the bump. Is this enough at this stage?

Depends on your start weight. If you were overweight the gain is supposed to be less.

• Advertisement

Depends on your start weight. If you were overweight the gain is supposed to be less.

Suppose I would have been a little over the recommended weight for my height to begin with. Baby has been growing away fine in the scans all along and I'm feeling plenty of movement so I suppose everything is okay. Have another scan Tuesday. Haven't been weighed since my first appointment but have recently started weighing myself weekly at the pool.

Advertisement