Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I have put on 9 pound since i got pregnant, i was a bit worried about it but doc said dont worry as bean is measuring as it should be....

I went to physio today and she said its looking like a combination between my own hip problems and pelvic girdle pain... She said to try not to walk or stand too long and do most of my stretches in the pool... She gave me that attractive girdle belt too, gona model it for OH tonight ;)

Im off to get bloods checked now for thyroid and heading to Penneys afterwards. Im already melting ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Im off to get bloods checked now for thyroid and heading to Penneys afterwards. Im already melting ;-(

It is roasting alright! I feel like a pincushion since yesterday. Went to get my thyroid checked in the morning and nurse decided to check my iron and anti bodies too. Roll on to yesterday evening when myself and himself were bringing my parents silly German shepherd for a walk and she got excited and jumped on me. She is massive and her paws landed right on my bump. She is normally so good but I think the idea of a walk and a swim sent her giddy. I rang the hospital over being rhesus negative and they told me to go in. Arrived around 8, got a Bloodtest an hour or two later. Then I had to wait for a quick scan. It was after 12 when I got home. Shattered now. Have to go back for anti d this afternoon. Also already had a 3d scan booked with my consultant for today. Between seeing the gp Friday, the nurse and the hospital yesterday and the sonographer and hospital today I feel like I'm living with the medical profession!

Oh and there were two people in labour in the emergency room. I have never heard such sounds in all my life! Myself and himself were like two rabbits in the headlights listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy wrote: »
    It is roasting alright! I feel like a pincushion since yesterday. Went to get my thyroid checked in the morning and nurse decided to check my iron and anti bodies too. Roll on to yesterday evening when myself and himself were bringing my parents silly German shepherd for a walk and she got excited and jumped on me. She is massive and her paws landed right on my bump. She is normally so good but I think the idea of a walk and a swim sent her giddy. I rang the hospital over being rhesus negative and they told me to go in. Arrived around 8, got a Bloodtest an hour or two later. Then I had to wait for a quick scan. It was after 12 when I got home. Shattered now. Have to go back for anti d this afternoon. Also already had a 3d scan booked with my consultant for today. Between seeing the gp Friday, the nurse and the hospital yesterday and the sonographer and hospital today I feel like I'm living with the medical profession!

Jaysus, glad you're okay!
    I'm melting too, I'm a right cranky knickers with himself. My sister had a minor op yesterday, so I was minding her kids all day and I'm shattered today after not a great nights sleep. I like the sunny weather, but can we dial it down to 18-20 degrees please?!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh and there were two people in labour in the emergency room. I have never heard such sounds in all my life! Myself and himself were like two rabbits in the headlights listening to it.

Ha ha. You see some women make rakes of noise and some make none. I was on the quiet end of it until they gave me the Gas and Air and I let rip with some brilliant moos. Yes moos. They should rename it from laughing gas to nutter gas. :pac:

I'm in bits with my neck today, had to ring in to work (which I hate doing as it's really keeping me sane at the moment). Then I went back to sleep and started dreaming some bad dreams and I'm in a sorry state of emotions at the moment. Had 3 big sobby cries already. Jaysus. Hormental.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Ha ha. You see some women make rakes of noise and some make none. I was on the quiet end of it until they gave me the Gas and Air and I let rip with some brilliant moos. Yes moos. They should rename it from laughing gas to nutter gas. :pac:

I'm in bits with my neck today, had to ring in to work (which I hate doing as it's really keeping me sane at the moment). Then I went back to sleep and started dreaming some bad dreams and I'm in a sorry state of emotions at the moment. Had 3 big sobby cries already. Jaysus. Hormental.

Funny you should say that. Husband reckoned they sounded like cattle!

Ah Rosey, glad your better! My mams German shepherd is gone mad in this heat so they put him in the run when I'm in the house. Very nervous around him!

DasKitty, I was crying all weekend because oh was just been a pain... Better to leave it out.... I did a complete uturn today, and I'm being some b!tch... I made him clean the house and sent him to the butchers, he has work at 2.... I really do believe men get pregnancy horomones too.... He's never annoying...

I went to penneys and got cotton short dungarees they're perfect for this weather, but conscious they are too short in the back, ah well.

Back at hospital waiting for anti d injection. Heat in the waiting room is unreal. No air conditioning/fans etc and the water unit has no cups. One of the women looks like she is about to melt from the heat yet she is still wearing a cardigan.
    3d scan was odd but cool. Yet again our little fecker was playing dodge the camera so we only got one 3d picture. We had said we'd leave finding out the sex, even if we wanted we wouldn't have been able to though, legs were crossed all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

In the rotunda now with pains in my back and stomach and loads of discharge. Waiting to see the doc to see if my waters broke. So nervous and sooo FRICKIN WARM

• Advertisement

Madisson wrote: »
    In the rotunda now with pains in my back and stomach and loads of discharge. Waiting to see the doc to see if my waters broke. So nervous and sooo FRICKIN WARM

Hope it's all okay Madisson.

Hope alls okay Madisson, hopefully it's just the heat x

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Hope all went ok Madisson.
    How is everyone finding the heat? I have air con in work thank god don't know how I would manage otherwise. My stomach is so itchy though and the skin is gone all dry and flaky. Was really hoping to be one of the lucky one to avoid stretch marks but I don't think it going to happen. I already have them on my inner thighs and love handles from puberty so I suppose it was inevitable. Still applying my coco butter though!

Hope everything is okay Madisson. I've been thinking about you today.

I'm enjoying the heat I have to say. The cocoa butter can't help though I'd imagine. It clogs my pores anyway.

Never thought of that maybe that's why my belly is so itchy!

I use almond oil from the chemist. But coconut is grand too (I'm not a huge fan of the smell). Then the bio-oil is light as well.

Cool must try those instead thanks :)

Almond oil is yummy, l'Occitane do a lovely almond oil range. I've been using it on my belly and boobs :)

Madisson, hope all is okay

Hope everythings ok xx

Im trying to enjoy the heat but its hard.. Today is the worst as i have swollen feet and a headache... Been lying on the bed since 1 with just a tshirt on and my mam brought me over a fan.... Starting to come round now...

Oh is off tomorrow til Saturday and hes dyng to get to the beach. I really dont think id cope :( hopefully his family will be going, and i can get out of it.

Would like to go to the beach but am too lazy to go through the ordeal of driving and parking. Any beaches within an hours drive of me are choc-a-block on sunny days.
    Baby is kicking the bejesus out of me this evening, lots of big, strong stomach moving ones. Am amazed by how strong he/she is getting considering the fact that they are usually only around 1.5lbs at this stage. Isn't the whole pregnancy thing fascinating/weird!

• Advertisement

Would like to go to the beach but am too lazy to go through the ordeal of driving and parking. Any beaches within an hours drive of me are choc-a-block on sunny days.
    Baby is kicking the bejesus out of me this evening, lots of big, strong stomach moving ones. Am amazed by how strong he/she is getting considering the fact that they are usually only around 1.5lbs at this stage. Isn't the whole pregnancy thing fascinating/weird!

1.5lbs is a fairly decent sized puppy, and you know how wriggly they can be on your lap!:p My babas the same, loads of strong kicks over the last few days - maybe the heat makes them more active? One of the girls in my job is three weeks ahead of me, and her baby only seems to gently "flutter" - she's getting frustrated that I can feel and see huge kicks, but I reminded her that it may bode well, her baby could be a placid, gentle girl while mine could be a wee monster! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Hope all ok Madisson and you got to head home.

Thank god have air con in work. Finding it hard to sleep at night but think that's just trying to get comfy with ever expanding bump!

Is there anyone else getting freaked out about how quickly the weeks are flying by?! I still haven't bought anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Literally been asleep all day. Ended up sitting in the waiting room for 8 hours yestersay and id say it ws the only place with no air con!!! Eugghhh. Everything was ok just need to start relaxing a bit more.. They said I was over doing things, so facials, massages and using my family as slaves from here on haha :) thanks everyone :)

Great to hear Madisdon - now make sure you follow the advice to the letter!! You are now on docs orders to do NOTHING strenuous!

As for getting freaked out... Er, a little!! I bought loads of little bits at the beginning, but the impetus has now slowed down a bit, need to get my arse in gear - it's hard to buy when you're not sure what you need. I think we'll wait until this hot spell is over then start looking & planning in earnest

Still haven't bought a single bit! Have the promise of a cot so I suppose that's something. We did go look at travel systems too but to be honest we are still baffled. A couple we know have a baby due just under three weeks ahead of us and they have everything sorted. We get scared and run away when we hear things like that!
    Delighted everything is okay Madisson x

Still haven't bought a single bit! Have the promise of a cot so I suppose that's something. We did go look at travel systems too but to be honest we are still baffled. A couple we know have a baby due just under three weeks ahead of us and they have everything sorted. We get scared and run away when we hear things like that!
    Delighted everything is okay Madisson x

So glad to hear you're okay Madisson.

Roesy, I have nothing to buy this time as I have everything. Buggy/travel system shopping is the worst. It's harder than buying a new car. Seriously!

In the end we got a bebe confort one (4 years ago) as it was practically a maxi cosi (carseats interchangeable etc) and it was much cheaper. Kiddicare.co.uk at the time.

I washed all the tiny things from the attic and have them in the chest of drawers now for Chippo.

I'm feeling a little crampy this morning. I'm sure it's nothing, but it's got me thinking about my hospital bag. Need to get that thing sorted... :eek:

Massive granny knickers ahoy. Things I'm packing this time I didn't last: Senna and a laundry bag.

I just have a few small bits bought like baby monitors, bottles, nappies etc. Waiting to go off somewhere for the day to get the cot and buggy. Will go off on a Sunday but not when the weather is nice like this! A couple of people have said to me 'Oh you will get loads of stuff from your families they might all go together to buy a cot' but to be honest no one has asked me do we need anything and anyway its our baby we shouldn't be relying on someone else to cover the expense(as nice and handy as that would be though ;-))
    I'm getting very freaked out though at how fast the weeks are flying its all becoming so real. Sent away my maternity benefit form this week!

Well they're going to get you something loldammers, better something useful than a mountain of tiny baby outfits that you'll feel you have to dress the baby in and take a picture. :)

My brother got me a feeding chair last time and my Mam bought the cot (we chose it in Ikea and when she saw how inexpensive it was she insisted on paying for the chest of drawers with the changing unit on top too.)

Literally been asleep all day. Ended up sitting in the waiting room for 8 hours yestersay and id say it ws the only place with no air con!!! Eugghhh. Everything was ok just need to start relaxing a bit more.. They said I was over doing things, so facials, massages and using my family as slaves from here on haha :) thanks everyone :)

Glad your feeling better Madisson xx I say book in for a massage straight away!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

great you are all sorted Madisson - must have been scary!

I was in A&E in Cork last night for nearly 5 hours - my GP was a bit worried about this rash that I got, but turned out to be nothing. At least CUH A&E has air condition - it was actually nice and cool :-)

Really can't stand this heat - no air con at work - it was at least 29 C in the office the last few days, so working from home today which is making me feel so much better already.
    nikpmup wrote: »
    1.5lbs is a fairly decent sized puppy, and you know how wriggly they can be on your lap!tongue.png My babas the same, loads of strong kicks over the last few days - maybe the heat makes them more active? One of the girls in my job is three weeks ahead of me, and her baby only seems to gently "flutter" - she's getting frustrated that I can feel and see huge kicks, but I reminded her that it may bode well, her baby could be a placid, gentle girl while mine could be a wee monster! biggrin.png

Could be depending on where the placenta is - I was told that my placenta is between the baba and my tummy, which explained why I was feeling the first flutters and kicks quite late...

Got a high-5 from the baba :-) OH was feeling my tummy yesterday and he thought he could feel something, so this morning I was feeling the bump and pressing in a little bit and I got a high-5 back :-) It was so cool - OH tried too and he also got a high-5 - the smile on his face - priceless!!

Advertisement