Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Wooha wrote: »
    I was in A&E in Cork last night for nearly 5 hours - my GP was a bit worried about this rash that I got, but turned out to be nothing. At least CUH A&E has air condition - it was actually nice and cool :-)

They must have fixed it since Monday/Tuesday. Was there both days and it was stifling!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Anyone starting to feel uncomfortable. When I eat at all I get so stuffed and moving around is an effort. Feel like im 10 years pregnant haha

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Madisson wrote: »
    Anyone starting to feel uncomfortable. When I eat at all I get so stuffed and moving around is an effort. Feel like im 10 years pregnant haha

I'm uncomfortable for a while now. Nearly 28 weeks.

Bit worried tonight. I'm seeing spots and having a lot of discomfort. Back, tummy, etc. baby's going mental as usual though.

Having a rest and hoping it goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hmmmm. Have one burnt shoulder, from driving with the window down imagine. It's cooler tonight so I'm gonna wash & blow dry my hair properly, it's been a bit of a haystack the last week or so!!
    DK, hope you feel better soon / remember to stay well hydrated.

Wooha wrote: »

....Could be depending on where the placenta is - I was told that my placenta is between the baba and my tummy, which explained why I was feeling the first flutters and kicks quite late...

Got a high-5 from the baba :-) OH was feeling my tummy yesterday and he thought he could feel something, so this morning I was feeling the bump and pressing in a little bit and I got a high-5 back :-) It was so cool - OH tried too and he also got a high-5 - the smile on his face - priceless!!

I was told my placenta is at the back and top, so yeah, you could be right.
    The little jabs/high fives are cool, aren't they?! If I stroke my belly in a certain way I generally get a jab back! OH gets them too, but he doesn't like to press my belly too much in case baba doesn't like it - I reckon there's still enough room in there for the baby to move away from any prods he doesn't like!

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    I was told my placenta is at the back and top, so yeah, you could be right.
    The little jabs/high fives are cool, aren't they?! If I stroke my belly in a certain way I generally get a jab back! OH gets them too, but he doesn't like to press my belly too much in case baba doesn't like it - I reckon there's still enough room in there for the baby to move away from any prods he doesn't like!

Heh heh. I remember last time he'd just shove his foot out at my rib and leave it there. I'd be in agony until I'd push it back in. :) Fun times ahead ladies!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Heh heh. I remember last time he'd just shove his foot out at my rib and leave it there. I'd be in agony until I'd push it back in. :) Fun times ahead ladies!

Just a second after I said this, the baby stretched out (currently lying transverse with his back out.) Ouch, bum and head poking out both sides, had to nudge him back in it was so sore! LOL.

Feeling much better today. Sleeping was difficult, but I got some. No cramping today so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Just a second after I said this, the baby stretched out (currently lying transverse with his back out.) Ouch, bum and head poking out both sides, had to nudge him back in it was so sore! LOL.

Feeling much better today. Sleeping was difficult, but I got some. No cramping today so far.

Thats good Das Kitty.... :)

I still done think im ready to see the bum move or an elbow sticking out just yet...

Ive 14 weeks left.. Ahhh

Ive 14 weeks left.. Ahhh

...it suddenly is flying in very, very fast! The first 18 weeks or so were torturously slow!! Now it's panic time!!

I've asked my husband to get my suitcase out of the attic. Time to pack. :)

• Advertisement

I've asked my husband to get my suitcase out of the attic. Time to pack. :)

Ooh God!! I'm gonna have to get that stuff organised in the next few weeks - I have a small suitcase and a small holdall, for ward and labour, but NO CLUE what to start putting in it! I won't even know what size babygros to pack until nearer the time, when I have some idea of what size the baby will be measuring! I've been fairly easygoing about the whole thing up till now but the last week or two has seen me go into full panic mode :p

Ooh God!! I'm gonna have to get that stuff organised in the next few weeks - I have a small suitcase and a small holdall, for ward and labour, but NO CLUE what to start putting in it! I won't even know what size babygros to pack until nearer the time, when I have some idea of what size the baby will be measuring! I've been fairly easygoing about the whole thing up till now but the last week or two has seen me go into full panic mode :p

The scan measurements are crap. Just get the 0-1 month ones. It's okay if they're a bit big. The hospital should have a leaflet on what to bring. But there's some good lists if you search here too. Lemme see if I can find a good one.

Edit -- here you go: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80445891

Lots to consider, so what I did last time was have my suitcase open in the spare room with a list on top which I ticked off as I put stuff in.

Thanks DK, I'm gonna have a good read of that thread later and start writing a list! I've also been trying to get through to the antenatal classes phone number for Holles St all morning with no joy, I'm going to be in Merrion Sq later so I might just pop in and physically go to the relevant department, see if I can book them that way. Also need to have a good look at what stuff I have and what stuff I need - time to get this baby stuff sorted one way or another!!!

The scan measurements are crap. Just get the 0-1 month ones. It's okay if they're a bit big. The hospital should have a leaflet on what to bring. But there's some good lists if you search here too. Lemme see if I can find a good one.

Edit -- here you go: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80445891

Lots to consider, so what I did last time was have my suitcase open in the spare room with a list on top which I ticked off as I put stuff in.

Stupid question but roughly up to how many lbs are the 0-1 month babygros?

Roesy wrote: »
    Stupid question but roughly up to how many lbs are the 0-1 month babygros?

I think 10... I'm not sure, but my 8.5lb lump had it a bit loose on him. He wore them up to a month old. Better too big than too small and the maternity ward is roasting so they won't be cold. :)

I think 10... I'm not sure, but my 8.5lb lump had it a bit loose on him. He wore them up to a month old. Better too big than too small and the maternity ward is roasting so they won't be cold. :)

My sisters in law had great craic reminding me yesterday that the smallest of my nephews and nieces was 9lb 8oz and the biggest was 10.5lbs. Hoping my husbands side were a bit smaller. Must ask his mother next time I see her!

http://www.nextdirect.com/help/en/IE/Section.aspx?ItemId=21625

That's the next sizing guide. TBH, I think my guy was grand in 0-1 month until he was closer to 11lb.

I think the stuff I have all goes up to about 10-12lbs so that's grand - I'll stock up on fairy non-bio this weekend, get washing :) My mam bought me a v cute cardigan & booties and my sisters partner is crocheting me a baby blanket, so they'll be first in the bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

That sounds painful but really cool at the same time!

Back in work today after a week off, it's only 11.30 and my feet are cooking, I'm knackered and have lost any motivation to move..... Roll on 9pm!

• Advertisement

Back in work today after a week off, it's only 11.30 and my feet are cooking, I'm knackered and have lost any motivation to move..... Roll on 9pm!

Hope you survived your shift okay. It was very warm. We went to the cinema to hide from the heat yesterday evening.

It's our one year wedding anniversary today. Himself is up in the kitchen making breakfast. Think we are going to go somewhere for a nice walk and dinner later. Can't believe how much has changed in a year!

Hope you survived your shift okay. It was very warm. We went to the cinema to hide from the heat yesterday evening.

It's our one year wedding anniversary today. Himself is up in the kitchen making breakfast. Think we are going to go somewhere for a nice walk and dinner later. Can't believe how much has changed in a year!

We went on Tuesday, it was gorgeously cold!! I went home an hour early yesterday, couldn't cope at all - it's a bit cooler today thank god.

Happy anniversary! Hope he spoils you rotten :)

We went on Tuesday, it was gorgeously cold!! I went home an hour early yesterday, couldn't cope at all - it's a bit cooler today thank god.

Happy anniversary! Hope he spoils you rotten :)

Happy Anniversary Rosey :)

I slept a full 7 hours last night because it was cooler happy days ;) im starving and for some reason all we seem to have is chocolate.... I may treat myself to a fresh roll from superquinn and fruit.... I now just need motivation to go out... The thoughts of getting into the furnace, i mean car, is not too fortcoming :/(

Had a lovely day, thanks! First anniversary is paper. Was in stitches when I opened my present. He had gotten some of our favourite photos of the wedding printed and put into lovely black frames. I nearly ended up doing exactly the same thing. I changed my mind last minute and searched out the first picture of us as a couple and some my favourite photos from our time together and put them in lovely black frames! The funny thing was that 3 out of the 4 wedding pics that he got done were ones I had out on a USB key to develop.
    Baby had gone very lazy over the last day or so, only felt a few kicks. Was reassuring myself that he or she was just in a different position but in the back of my mind was getting slightly anxious. The little messer certainly made up for its lazy day or so at 3 and 6am this morning with loads of big kicks!

Had a lovely day, thanks! First anniversary is paper. Was in stitches when I opened my present. He had gotten some of our favourite photos of the wedding printed and put into lovely black frames. I nearly ended up doing exactly the same thing. I changed my mind last minute and searched out the first picture of us as a couple and some my favourite photos from our time together and put them in lovely black frames! The funny thing was that 3 out of the 4 wedding pics that he got done were ones I had out on a USB key to develop.
    Baby had gone very lazy over the last day or so, only felt a few kicks. Was reassuring myself that he or she was just in a different position but in the back of my mind was getting slightly anxious. The little messer certainly made up for its lazy day or so at 3 and 6am this morning with loads of big kicks!

Great minds think alike :) glad you had a great day!!

My bean is gone very lazy too. Im getting light movements like it was at the start (swear i have an octopus inside me) but trying not to worry too much. As you said, prob new position!!

People are going to hate me for saying this but when i woke up and saw clouds and it feels cooler, i never felt so happier. Also got 7 hours sleep last night :) dog walked breakfast done.... Debating on hoovering now!

Those gifts sound lovely Roesy!

My beanie is going balubas in the heat! I'm lying on my bed, and my whole stomach has just shifted from side to side, and I swear I saw a knee stick out :D Although yesterday I only felt tiny flutters - as long as we're feeling something, and regularly, I guess it's okay.
    Enjoy the cloud cover ladies, it's to hit up again later!

Baby is a lot busier again yesterday and today! My hip is killing me on and off the last few days. Going to go see my physio later and see what she says.

Baby is a lot busier again yesterday and today! My hip is killing me on and off the last few days. Going to go see my physio later and see what she says.

My sister had to wear a big support belt for a lot of her last pregnancy, it helped a lot. Physio prescribed it

My sister had to wear a big support belt for a lot of her last pregnancy, it helped a lot. Physio prescribed it

I'd try anything to stop it getting worse. Am off for the summer, wouldn't like to be going back to work in September the way it is now. Will see what physio says later. Meanwhile anytime I bend today my stomach goes hard. Very strange feeling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

11 weeks and 3 days left in work and then im freeeee hahaha

Advertisement