Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

Madisson wrote: »
    11 weeks and 3 days left in work and then im freeeee hahaha

9 weeks and 2 days. but sure who's counting :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm not counting down at all. I'm not looking forward to finishing up. I have a big project I'm working on and tbh, work is keeping me sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm not counting down at all. I'm not looking forward to finishing up. I have a big project I'm working on and tbh, work is keeping me sane.

I wish i liked my job haha!!

i don't mind my job but i'm finding the commute more tiring than usual. i'm also just eager to get the show on the road. only so much thinking i can do about being pregnant and having a baby and making lists and assembling furniture. briing it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I love my job, suppose its easy to say that when I'm not even half way through the summer holidays though! Usually by the end of August I'm excited to go back but I have a feeling I'll be a little apprehensive this year. Should only be back for 5/6 weeks before maternity leave starts but the first few weeks with an infant class are usually hard.

Just back from Physio. She is hopeful that if we get on top of it now with some stretches/exercises I might not have too much trouble with my hip/pelvis for the rest of the pregnancy. She is recommending that belt for me for days when I know I will be busy/on my feet a lot. She thinks that she will be able to loan me one though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

OH was on late shift yesterday so i decided to watch the film What to Expect when Your expecting. Id watched it before i was pregnant but this time it was different.... OH came in on the last half hour and i was just bawling. He laughed at me until he started watching it and i think it dawned on him that that will be us in 3 months....

Now im nervous about it all!! Im awake all night with heartburn but the whole time i swear bean thought my bladder was a trampoline as the movement was constant as were the toilet trips. It was like i was being told ready or not beans a-coming.. Im a bit more calm today and sorting out stuff. We bought a chest of drawers and a single bed for beans room yesterday so hopefully it will be finished by august ;)

Ive gone swimming in the sea a fewtimes in the last 2 weeks. It was gorgeous. I feel more energetic after them and hip is not been as bad!!

Must go and make lunch.... Im a bit lazy today and craving some strawberries but just not in humour to leave the house. I think when im done cleaning il sit out with the dog in the back and read ;)

im starting to get so tired everyday. there was around 8 weeks where i was flying and now im just drained and exhausted again!! half 5 cannot come soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

im starting to get so tired everyday. there was around 8 weeks where i was flying and now im just drained and exhausted again!! half 5 cannot come soon enough

+1,000,000 - starting to reeealy feel it!!

nikpmup wrote: »
    +1,000,000 - starting to reeealy feel it!!

Prob the weather too, swollen feet are not fun. On the train home and standing while everyone looks me up and down and then goes back to their kindles grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Me too so tired the past week, really has hit me. I was doing great and not feeling too tired lately aNd just since last week have been so shattered getting up for work every morning. I'm wondering is this the way it will be for the next 3months! Probably the weather too just not sleeping well at all. Also had to move out of our house as getting some work done on it before baby arrives so not sleeping in own bed doesn't help either.

Has anyone signed up for any antenatal classes yet?

• Advertisement

knock13 wrote: »
    Me too so tired the past week, really has hit me. I was doing great and not feeling too tired lately aNd just since last week have been so shattered getting up for work every morning. I'm wondering is this the way it will be for the next 3months! Probably the weather too just not sleeping well at all. Also had to move out of our house as getting some work done on it before baby arrives so not sleeping in own bed doesn't help either.

Has anyone signed up for any antenatal classes yet?

Ye im doing them in the rotunda. Had my first one around 6 weeks ago andy next one is 18th of august I think and theyre every week then for 5 weeks

We're doing a one day intensive antenatal course at the end of August. Hopefully it'll be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Hi, I'm new here! Due the 1st of October for my first! Terrified! Started getting my hospital bag ready today... Apparently the list of things I need is longer than I though!

I'm public and got a letter saying my Antenatal classes are on the 29th of August and 5th of September...

Anyone know how long they take?

Took a chance and tried on a pair of shorts from my honeymoon last year. They still fit, can't vouch for how attractive they look! Really need to find a couple of maternity pairs, have a feeling I'll be opening the button on these later :P Am rotating through the same few summer dresses since this good weather started. Am starving today. Already after an apple and a bowl of muesli this morning and I could definitely eat again.

found out yesterday i'm rhesus negative. she said when baby is born(this is my first) i will get an anti-d injection. are you not supposed to get one around the 28 week mark too? anyone any experience of this?

found out yesterday i'm rhesus negative. she said when baby is born(this is my first) i will get an anti-d injection. are you not supposed to get one around the 28 week mark too? anyone any experience of this?

Hi,
    I found that out at about 9 and a half weeks into this pregnancy. This was after having a miscarriage on my last and an early bleed at 8.5 weeks this time. I should have been given anti d on both those occasions but nobody mentioned the fact, nor did I know I was rhesus negative. I did have to get the shot last week when a dog jumped up on me and hit me in the bump. From my understanding now you should be tested for antibodies at 28 weeks and will be given a shot when the baby is born if it is rh positive. Were you given a leaflet about it when you found out?

Roesy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I found that out at about 9 and a half weeks into this pregnancy. This was after having a miscarriage on my last and an early bleed at 8.5 weeks this time. I should have been given anti d on both those occasions but nobody mentioned the fact, nor did I know I was rhesus negative. I did have to get the shot last week when a dog jumped up on me and hit me in the bump. From my understanding now you should be tested for antibodies at 28 weeks and will be given a shot when the baby is born if it is rh positive. Were you given a leaflet about it when you found out?

i only found out yesterday at 29 weeks. the midwife is sending me a leaflet in the post. she took blood yesterday so i guess thats them checking for antibodies. the blood results had been in my chart for a while i think but yesterday was the first time it had been said to me.

Depends on the hosp. I wont ve getting one either untill after birth and only if baby is positive! Make sure if u fall or hit your bump u go to hosp within 72hours though :)

Hi,
    I found that out at about 9 and a half weeks into this pregnancy. This was after having a miscarriage on my last and an early bleed at 8.5 weeks this time. I should have been given anti d on both those occasions but nobody mentioned the fact, nor did I know I was rhesus negative. I did have to get the shot last week wohen a dog jumped up on me and hit me in the bump. From my understanding now you should be tested for antibodies at 28 weeks and will be given a shot when the baby is born if it is rh positive. Were you given a leaflet about it when you found out?

I had a miscarriage too and was told that you only need it after 11 weeks so I never got it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Depends on the hosp. I wont ve getting one either untill after birth and only if baby is positive! Make sure if u fall or hit your bump u go to hosp within 72hours though :)

Same. My baby is also rH neg though.

My husband and I are both negative so genetics dictate Chip is too. My toddler is O neg.

• Advertisement

Argh, going demented. Took a mad fall earlier. Had to go in to get checked out. After last weeks incident with the dog jumping up on me hospital will be thinking I'm doing it on purpose. Here over 3 hours. It's packed. Hopefully baby is ok. Have felt a couple of movement since. Hip, ribs and side are sore :-(

Argh, going demented. Took a mad fall earlier. Had to go in to get checked out. After last weeks incident with the dog jumping up on me hospital will be thinking I'm doing it on purpose. Here over 3 hours. It's packed. Hopefully baby is ok. Have felt a couple of movement since. Hip, ribs and side are sore :-(

Ah Roesy, hope your ok :) hope your not waiting too long more!

Ah Roesy, hope your ok :) hope your not waiting too long more!

Just home now. Baby was in an even more ridiculous position than usual for the scan! He or she looks ok but I'm quite sore. Had the anti d 9/10 days ago but might have to go back for more depending on Bloodtest results or if i have any bleeding, worsening pain or baby isn't moving as much. I am wrecked.

Just home now. Baby was in an even more ridiculous position than usual for the scan! He or she looks ok but I'm quite sore. Had the anti d 9/10 days ago but might have to go back for more depending on Bloodtest results or if i have any bleeding, worsening pain or baby isn't moving as much. I am wrecked.

Ah you poor thing, Try and get some rest tonight, hopefully you will get some sleep with this heat xx

Hope you're okay Roesy, not fun x

Omg I hope youre ok rosey.this weather is tiring enough u dont need hours of waiting on top of it. Now u have to start RELAXING :)

Feel a little more human today. Took a long shower with all my favourite lotions and potions and dried my hair properly. Definitely feel a bit battered and baby is being a bit quiet but other than wishing that he or she would be a little more active to reassure me I'm not too bad.

Feel a little more human today. Took a long shower with all my favourite lotions and potions and dried my hair properly. Definitely feel a bit battered and baby is being a bit quiet but other than wishing that he or she would be a little more active to reassure me I'm not too bad.

I'm convinced they do it to annoy us! As soon as you get to the point where you're reeeaaly worried, you'll start getting lumps kicked out of you :)

nikpmup wrote: »
    I'm convinced they do it to annoy us! As soon as you get to the point where you're reeeaaly worried, you'll start getting lumps kicked out of you :)

Thankfully the little messer has given a few big kicks this evening!

• Advertisement

Thankfully the little messer has given a few big kicks this evening!

There ya are!! There's a very funny Billy Connolly sketch about babies pretending to stop breathing when you're listening to them on baby monitors; I did a YouTube search but couldn't find it - it's exactly the same thing - the second you are in a panic, they start gurgling and giggling!

Advertisement