Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

How many bags are you girls bringing ? Is it a small bag for the baby and a bigger one for me? Or is the smaller bag for the labour ward and then my boyfriend can bring in the bigger bag for the few days in hospital ?

Small holdall (gym size) for labour, and small case for hospital ward. I'll have my labour stuff and baba's first outfit in labour bag, and everything else in the case

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If your plan is to breastfeed don't forget the following:

Multimalm or Lansinoh nipple cream
    Breast shells (these are vital if you get engorged and great to prevent sore nips rubbing)
    Your breastfeeding book.
    Button down tops or nighties
    Nipple shields as backup in case you get too sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

That's the plan anyway das kitty. I feel a bit worried about trying to get the hang of bf in the hospital and having visitors coming in on top of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Apparently you can get small tubes of the lansinoh cream in the hospital for a few euro so think I'll wait to buy it there as it is quite expensive in shops, and the tubes are bigger that what one would hope to need.

Forgot about the breast feeding book, thanks. I got Clare Byam Cooks one second hand for 2e. Its excellent and seems to cover every possible scenario.

That's the plan anyway das kitty. I feel a bit worried about trying to get the hang of bf in the hospital and having visitors coming in on top of me!
    You could do what I did, tell the visitors you'll see them when you get home and take the couple of days to get used to everything.
    livinsane wrote: »
    Apparently you can get small tubes of the lansinoh cream in the hospital for a few euro so think I'll wait to buy it there as it is quite expensive in shops, and the tubes are bigger that what one would hope to need.

Forgot about the breast feeding book, thanks. I got Clare Byam Cooks one second hand for 2e. Its excellent and seems to cover every possible scenario.
    You can't get that in most hospitals. Amazon is brill for baby supplies. All you need is a visa debit. Free delivery for orders over 25 pounds too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Under 10 weeks left.......
    Tired, sore, headachey,......roll on 11th oct..... have hospital bag ready to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

nikpmup wrote: »
    Small holdall (gym size) for labour, and small case for hospital ward. I'll have my labour stuff and baba's first outfit in labour bag, and everything else in the case

I have a shoulder bag for labour and small bag with everything else in it.... my oh can bring in extra stuff if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

8 Weeks tomorrow... Well that's scary...

And no, I do not have my bag packed... I have a packet of new born nappies though...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

8 Weeks tomorrow... Well that's scary...

And no, I do not have my bag packed... I have a packet of new born nappies though...

9 weeks tomorrow, how time flies...
    I havent got anythink packed either yet... I did get two button down nighties on friday though - have to get organised :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Haven't slept too badly the last two nights(its been a long time!) but I am still shattered tired the last couple of days. Last week I was up the walls helping my parents move house but I've been taking it easy the last few days so really shouldn't be feeling that wrecked now. My left hip is also fairly sore. OH has been painting around the house and I'm playing dodge the fumes. The pregnancy bloodhound sense of smell is still in action. Moan, moan, moan!

Have been looking at changing bags online this evening. There are some lovely ones out there. Thinking I don't want anything too 'girly' looking though. Any recommendations ladies?

• Advertisement

I'm not bothering with a changing bag as such, I got a cute change mat thing in a wee pouch from TKMaxx, I'll shove that in my handbag! Couldn't be bothered lugging about a changing bag! If I find I need one I can get it at a later stage. JJ Cole do nice ones as far as I remember.

I'm quite tired as well, if I have a busy day I find it takes it out of me for a couple of days afterwards. And I'm starting to have intermittent hip/sciatica type pain - I've a hospital appointment on Thursday, I'm going to mention it to them, see what they recommend.. I've been religiously wearing a belly band in work which helps support my tum, it's made quite a difference when I'm on my feet all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Im just looking for navy bag to match the pram... In no rush yet to get one.

Have the hospital tomorrow for a scan. Im assuming il see the midwife too. My partners mam is coming with me to see the scan but i dont want her to come in to the midwife with me. Will i just be blunt with her? Shes not my favourite person at the minute...

Im really starting to slow down now.... I do the dishes and i have to sit down after it.... Its driving me mad!

We're certainly coming into the home stretch now!

I think with all the things I've had to think about..... It hasn't really hit home yet that I'm going to be a mum. Me, someone's mammy!

I think with all the things I've had to think about..... It hasn't really hit home yet that I'm going to be a mum. Me, someone's mammy!

I feel like that too, im really excited but im still scared at the fact a tiny person will be relying on me... Its weird as i already love this person and i love every movement (like now) but im going to be a mammy!!!!

I feel like that too, im really excited but im still scared at the fact a tiny person will be relying on me... Its weird as i already love this person and i love every movement (like now) but im going to be a mammy!!!!

Isn't it weird to be so completely in love with someone and you don't know the first thing about them :)

Im up since 6.30 sorting washing and ironing, cleaned the inside and outside of dryer and washing machine.... I think the nesting started...

I've been one for 3 and a half years, and it still hasn't hit me. :pac:

Actually it is sort of now that he understands so much. The whole emotional parenting bit is hard. :)

No nesting here. I'm so lazy. :P

My nesting is coming in fits & starts! I'm sure it'll come together and turn into proper nesting at some stage, rather than me half-heartedly starting to clear out a wardrobe and then abandoning it halfway through :P

, rather than me half-heartedly starting to clear out a wardrobe and then abandoning it halfway through :P

haha that is so me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Finally found a pair of maternity jeans. Yay! Also bought my first babygro. Little steps :p

• Advertisement

My mam bought me a pack of Sesame Street sleep suits; that got the ball rolling for me on buying stuff. They. Are. So. Frikkin. CUTE!!

My mam bought me a pack of Sesame Street sleep suits; that got the ball rolling for me on buying stuff. They. Are. So. Frikkin. CUTE!!

Any chance of a photo for me to squee over them?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Any chance of a photo for me to squee over them?

Coming up!!

Coming up!!

*is dead*

Adorable!

They're just ridiculous, aren't they? On tescos uk website they have Elmo sets, I'll be taking a spin up to newry soon I think!!

Lookie here!! http://www.clothingattesco.com/sesame-street-elmo-4-piece-set/invt/aq312702/&bklist=icat,4,shop,character-collections,sesame-street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

They're just ridiculous, aren't they? On tescos uk website they have Elmo sets, I'll be taking a spin up to newry soon I think!!

Lookie here!! http://www.clothingattesco.com/sesame-street-elmo-4-piece-set/invt/aq312702/&bklist=icat,4,shop,character-collections,sesame-street

If you want to order any of the stuff on Tesco that cannot be delivered to Ireland then set up an account with Parcel Motel and get them delivered that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

I tried on lovely loafer esk shoesies and my friend just said "they're like shoes someone's mom would wear"

Excellent - that's me, I'm someone's mom! Nearly had a conniption fit with the realisation...

I don;t dig on elmo, but I'm so excited with the amount of giraffes my little guy or girl will be covered in... ALL the time mommy lovesssssss giraffes...

I had my 30 week check up in hospital today.... They mixed my file up with another girl who has the same name as me... I was sent into the doctor to talk about delivery, Im pushing for a Csection because of my hips are so bad, but he was very natural birth and because my MIL was there she kept saying go for natural birth and I was just cracking up! And whats worse shell tell everyone what was said in with the doctor..... I had the scan then, and the sonographer would not give me a picture i had to beg her for one.... did not like her attitude...

im just relaxing for the night now because im wrecked :(

*hugs*

How come your Mother in Law went with you? No one comes to my hospital appointments except my OH. I'd rather go alone than with anyone else. I do go alone actually, it's grand.

I deffo wouldn't go with someone who wasn't on my side. If she's willing to squeeze the baby out her hooha for ya then maybe she gets a say. Otherwise she should shut the feck up.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    *hugs*

How come your Mother in Law went with you? No one comes to my hospital appointments except my OH. I'd rather go alone than with anyone else. I do go alone actually, it's grand.

I deffo wouldn't go with someone who wasn't on my side. If she's willing to squeeze the baby out her hooha for ya then maybe she gets a say. Otherwise she should shut the feck up.

Haha thanks Das that cheered me up :)
    My own mam came with me the last time and i felt it was fair to ask mil. Also OH had to travel to Limerick... The next time it will be only the 2 of us though. Il need a weeks break now from her. Shes not the worst in fairness.... Shes just overbearing and not realise it.

My eyes are closing now, im so tired. Also beans head is down. I can feel it as im getting kicked like crazy :)

Advertisement