Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

decided to start packing my hospital bags yesterday. 25 mins i was trying to decide what babys first outfit should be. i was standing there thinking how ridiculous i was being but at the same going "oh put the hat doesn't go with the sleepsuit"..
    then of course theres the sizing of the clothes. the newborn size says up to 7.5lb but what if my baby is bigger ?? will the 0-3 month clothes not be too big..
    this packing of the bags could take a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

then of course theres the sizing of the clothes. the newborn size says up to 7.5lb but what if my baby is bigger ?? will the 0-3 month clothes not be too big..
    this packing of the bags could take a while :)

I had the same thoughts but I think the newborn stuff would still do a 9lb baby [albeit for a short time]. I bought the babygros in 0-3 months [have a few donated newborn ones] and have vests in both newborn and 0-3. I figure once the vest is snug, and with a pair of socks on over, it wont matter if the babygro is a little loose.

H&M have some really cool multi coloured clothes for newborns and very cheap. I've attached a pic of an adorable [if a little cheesy!] suit I got for €6.95, and there are separate socks to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Woke around 8.15 this morning. Was starving so I had some lovely mango and pineapple and decided to try and go back for awhile. Forgot that hunger wakes mammy but fruit certainly wakes baby. Little fecker was like an octopus! Did manage to get back to sleep for a while after it though. Not long after being rudely awakened by a ferocious leg cramp. Have Physio in a couple of hours then I'm getting my hair done. It seems like its growing mad at the moment. Nails are still fairly soft and break easy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Are ye guys not concerned about things getting stale or dusty in your hospital bags? I need to wash all the vests, sleep suits etc I've gotten but I'm like, whats the point I'll have to wash them again before baby arrives, so whats the point in putting them in the bag... Or am I being very paranoid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Are ye guys not concerned about things getting stale or dusty in your hospital bags? I need to wash all the vests, sleep suits etc I've gotten but I'm like, whats the point I'll have to wash them again before baby arrives, so whats the point in putting them in the bag... Or am I being very paranoid...

If the bag is closed they won't get dusty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

livinsane wrote: »
    I had the same thoughts but I think the newborn stuff would still do a 9lb baby [albeit for a short time]. I bought the babygros in 0-3 months [have a few donated newborn ones] and have vests in both newborn and 0-3. I figure once the vest is snug, and with a pair of socks on over, it wont matter if the babygro is a little loose.

H&M have some really cool multi coloured clothes for newborns and very cheap. I've attached a pic of an adorable [if a little cheesy!] suit I got for €6.95, and there are separate socks to match.

oh they're very cute.
    i was holding up the newborn vests thinking "surely i couldn't get anything bigger than that out of me". i might pack a few bits of both sizes. i feel i'm overthinking this.

I've washed and put them back into the plastic packets that they came in.

oh they're very cute.
    i was holding up the newborn vests thinking "surely i couldn't get anything bigger than that out of me". i might pack a few bits of both sizes. i feel i'm overthinking this.

You're not alone. It took me hours to sort mine out. I suppose we should just enjoy the fact that we now have the time to be overthinking this stuff cos in a few months it'll be a case of whatever's clean!

If the bag is closed they won't get dusty?

I dunno maybe stale is a better word,

I'm probably just being a crazy person but I dunno im just worried about the iddy biddy baby clothes not being ready...

I guess, washed, in a bag in a bag lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

So, so tired. So tired. Had hospital appointment this morning. They upped my dose of iron. Did I mention I'm tired?! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

nikpmup wrote: »
    So, so tired. So tired. Had hospital appointment this morning. They upped my dose of iron. Did I mention I'm tired?! :P

You poor thing :( xx

You poor thing :( xx

Lol, typed that then passed out on the sofa until now!! Nothing a years sleep won't fix :) baba's well and looking good, that's the important thing. Head up still - little fecker would want to start heading south soon :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I got my section date this morning.

September 30th.

So I'm a bit of a fraud in this thread now. :D

My due date is still October though.

Ooh!! Wow, that brings it all home!! Exciting!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I got my section date this morning.

September 30th.

So I'm a bit of a fraud in this thread now. :D

My due date is still October though.

Thats so exciting :-)

Wow, that sounds so near Das! The pregnancy app I have says 81 days until due date. I still have a feeling I'll end up in November though.

Baby woke me during the night with some super strong kicks and punches up by my ribs on one side and down lower towards my hip on the other side. Have felt the baby move on two sides at the same time once or twice but never at that strength! Little fecker is at again now. It's just about cheering me up after a really crappy evening yesterday. My oh got some not so great news at a hospital appointment. Consultant has referred him to one of his colleagues about where to go from here but it is potentially looking like a fairly big surgery. We're in limbo for a bit now waiting for this second opinion. Had been feeling a bit emotional and teary prior to this but am trying not to be too weepy in front of himself as I feel he is trying to keep his mind off it until what's next.

Hugs Roesy - that must be tough xx

Hugs Roesy - that must be tough xx

Thanks. It's fairly difficult to get our heads around at the moment. There are a lot of what ifs until we see this second consultant.

Bought some cute babygros today which definitely helped lift my mood. Also got a gorgeous hooded baby towel and mitt for €3 in Penneys.

Popped into penneys today for said hooded towels, all sold out in gender neutral colours, so got a red and a blue one, ill pass the other along... or you know not card...

packing my hospital bag now

3 nightdresses
    pjs
    amazing slippers
    robe
    maternity pads
    breast pads
    hilariously large underwear!
    toiletries
    nappies
    baby wipes
    creams etc
    cotton will
    muslins (99c a square in guineys)
    towels
    baby vests
    grows
    hat and mits

ehhhhhh what obvious extras do i need

Popped into penneys today for said hooded towels, all sold out in gender neutral colours, so got a red and a blue one, ill pass the other along... or you know not card...

packing my hospital bag now

3 nightdresses
    pjs
    amazing slippers
    robe
    maternity pads
    breast pads
    hilariously large underwear!
    toiletries
    nappies
    baby wipes
    creams etc
    cotton will
    muslins (99c a square in guineys)
    towels
    baby vests
    grows
    hat and mits

ehhhhhh what obvious extras do i need

Flipflops for the gicky showers.

• Advertisement

Lol - I started to get my stuff together over the last few days; I bought a nightdress in Penneys for €4 that will do nicely to give birth in; I can chuck it out afterwards...l. On my way home, I started to (over)think - what if, when I'm having a shower after the birth, I've only got my labour bag with me, what if my ward bag is still in his car? What will I change into after the birth; I should have bought 2 of the nightdresses! I won't get a chance to get near the shops all weekend, and I'm busy on Monday, I'll forget, and then I'll be stuck in the shower with nothing to change into......

I need help. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

What are these muslin things people are all talking about??? Ahhh I have bought so much clothes cause I literally cant help myself but im a disaster with all of the practical stuff!!!!

Madisson wrote: »
    What are these muslin things people are all talking about??? Ahhh I have bought so much clothes cause I literally cant help myself but im a disaster with all of the practical stuff!!!!

For all your mopping up of baby bodily fluid needs!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=baby+muslin+squares&tag=googiehydra-21&index=aps&hvadid=30932587315&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6178063421949983087&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6fvappjd35_b

And swaddling.

I've bought a quare stack of them, but only cos I've heard you need them....I'm not entirely sure what they're for!! :P

3 nightdresses -1, need one more at least
    pjs-check
    amazing slippers-check
    robe-check
    maternity pads-check (although I only got 2packs, it says on the pack you need 48 for five days!!!:eek:)
    breast pads-check
    hilariously large underwear! -ten pairs of disposable underwear!
    toiletries-check
    nappies-check
    baby wipes-cotton wool, cos I was told the midwives eat you over using wipes (although I'll prob use them at home)
    creams etc-check; Vaseline, almond oil (for cradle cap) and bepanthen
    cotton will-check
    muslins (99c a square in guineys)-check
    towels-check
    baby vests-check
    grows-check
    hat and mitts-check

Good list!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I've bought a quare stack of them, but only cos I've heard you need them....I'm not entirely sure what they're for!! :P

My understanding is that they are just weird face cloths? Haha

Went into this baby accessories kinda shop today and couples there picking out all the baby furniture for their nurseries!!! A cot and a changing table were 1200 quid!!!!!' where are people finding this money... Soo thankful for my hand me downs

I know, it's mental! Ikea all the way!!

My understanding is that they are just weird face cloths? Haha

Went into this baby accessories kinda shop today and couples there picking out all the baby furniture for their nurseries!!! A cot and a changing table were 1200 quid!!!!!' where are people finding this money... Soo thankful for my hand me downs

I hear ya! It's crazy!

Anyone got any magic solution to help me avoid sleeping on my back? I go to sleep on my side and a lot of the time when I wake up during the night I'm on my back.

Had one of the worst nights sleep in a long time last night. Woke loads. The first time was like a weird waking dream. My parents dog(who despite being a massive German shepherd thinks she's my baby!) was sitting looking scared beside my bed. Her collar was caught up over her ears. I was convinced she was there and wanted help but I couldn't reach her or manage to turn on the lamp to see her better(and prove to himself she was there!). My poor suffering husband had to get up and turn on the light to show she wasn't there. Eventually got back to sleep for maybe 30-40 mins when I woke with knee pain and pain down the back of my thigh. Spent ages trying to get comfortable with it and just ended up getting up to stretch in the end. Again took ages to get back to sleep after that. Also had the usual bathroom trips. Shattered now :-( Might try and shop and use the list above in an attempt to be somewhat productive today.

• Advertisement

I sleep on my back too. It's grand still. I wake up for the loo 2-3 times a night though.

I know they say you shouldn't sleep on your back but I think your body knows best and will wake you if it's time to turn. I have to put a small pillow under my bump now as I get a horribly painful cramp next to my hip.

I'm afraid to say a crap night's sleep is a feature of the third trimester.

Advertisement