Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Ive been sleeping grand untill last night. Was up half the night tossing and turning and as soon as I started falling back asleep I needed to pee.

Then got a text off my ex in the middle of the night asking me how I am. Felt like throwing my phone out the window, he was clearly on a night out enjoying himself and all the lovely non pregnant women of Dublin city... AM I OK??? No I cant sleep, im hormonal, im getting big, im exhuasted, im spending all my money preparing for baby with absolutely no help from him... While he sluts about and spends his money on alcohol and feckin protein shakes!!!!What the hell does he expect me to say.... MEN!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Ah Rosey you poor thing, emm regarding sleeping on your back, tie a tennis ball to the back of your pj top. oh used to make me do it prior to getting pregnant cause i used to snore when I slept on my back...

when you roll onto the ball you'll just go back the way you came rather than ending on your back...

muslins are used mostly for spit ups and sometimes rather than bibs with newborns. They're soft and dry VERY quickly. (Also great to use for making stock or making turkey! :P )

Where does one get flipflops? Can't find any in dunnes, penneys, heatons and guineys. well guys filpflops... I dont even have old pairs cause I hate them!

Also reading the maternity mag I got from the CUMH and it says that your bags shouldn't be bigger than a cabin bag... got my stuff into one bag, but baby's stuff isn't gunna fir into one of those bags :( Nappies are massive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

another October baby to be here.
    Finding it tough going at this stage.... not getting any sleep with the bump moving around and having to get up to go to the loo.
    Finding work to be a struggle.. a BIG struggle!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Puddinghead, they expect you to get your towels, robe, all the baby's gear into a cabin bag? They're having a laugh. I've my big suitcase and it's stuffed. Sure the 3 packs of maternity pads would fill cabin luggage.

Welcome groucho marx!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

The magazine say's one cabin bag for mum and one for baby... but like the maternity towels and the nappies etc fill up one lol. think imma get bigger bags...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My labour bag is smallish, about the size of a gym bag - small holdall. My ward bag is a medium sized trolley case - I do own a very small cabin sized case but its very small, and this is the only other case I own. I'm not forking out for another case just for three days on the ward, and as everyone says, maternity pads and nappies take up a lot of space, so they'll just have to lump it!!

another October baby to be here.
    Finding it tough going at this stage.... not getting any sleep with the bump moving around and having to get up to go to the loo.
    Finding work to be a struggle.. a BIG struggle!!

Me too... 13 hour shifts are not fun at nearly seven months pregnant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

nikpmup wrote: »
    Me too... 13 hour shifts are not fun at nearly seven months pregnant!!

Yep crazy overtime here too! and whats worse is the patience has wore more than thin come the 10 hour mark, then I feel bad for snapping.

Ach, I've given up even pretending to be glad I'm there!! I do as little as humanely possible, come 4pm I remain seated for as long as possible!!! Feck it - I've got 8 weeks left in work, I don't intend to be a martyr!!

I had such trouble getting in any way comfy last night. I stupidly decided to have a little run yesterday with my toddler and everything hurts since. :o

On the plus side, lying awake last night I could feel the little dude practising his breathing. Baby's got a breathing reflex. <3

• Advertisement

Going for a 3D scan today :D Hoping s/he is the right way round so we can see his or her little face! Very very excited - I didn't get much sleep either, but tonight that was purely down to being like a giddy child at Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Ooh nikpump that's exciting!
    Haven't got my bag packed yet will have to do that this week.

Can't wait!!! Also, breaking bad final episodes starting tonight on Netflix!!! I'll be like a five year old all day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Can't wait!!! Also, breaking bad final episodes starting tonight on Netflix!!! I'll be like a five year old all day!!!

Can't wait for Breaking Bad either!

3D scan is fairly cool. Would love another one as our little messer was in a terrible position. Our sonographer did a quick measurement scan in 2D and then changed to 3D. Be prepared, first 3D shot can be a little weird. Almost alien looking! We only got 1 or 2 3D pics but we got a 10 min DVD about 7 of that is in 2D but still amazing.

Roesy wrote: »
    Can't wait for Breaking Bad either!

3D scan is fairly cool. Would love another one as our little messer was in a terrible position. Our sonographer did a quick measurement scan in 2D and then changed to 3D. Be prepared, first 3D shot can be a little weird. Almost alien looking! We only got 1 or 2 3D pics but we got a 10 min DVD about 7 of that is in 2D but still amazing.

Where did you go? We're going to ultrasound dimensions in Blackrock; they say on their site that if they can't get good pics that they'll have you back for a second go at no extra cost, so I'm hoping if baba is camera-shy that they'll honour that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Where did you go? We're going to ultrasound dimensions in Blackrock; they say on their site that if they can't get good pics that they'll have you back for a second go at no extra cost, so I'm hoping if baba is camera-shy that they'll honour that!

Mine was just an extra thrown in at the consultants at 24 weeks. Baby was very close to the placenta which isn't ideal for 3D but we got a couple of looks at his or her little face. We also got a long look at his or her big feet :-) Ah, now I want to look at the DVD again! Enjoy.

Roesy wrote: »
    Mine was just an extra thrown in at the consultants at 24 weeks. Baby was very close to the placenta which isn't ideal for 3D but we got a couple of looks at his or her little face. We also got a long look at his or her big feet :-) Ah, now I want to look at the DVD again! Enjoy.

Nice extra!!!!

Just back from my gp cause I had a urinary tract infection that I was given anti biotics for at my last hosp appointment. I still have the infection cause they gave me the wrong type tablets AND they prescribed me double the tablets I should have been taken. My gp rang up fuming with them and im all scared and worried now :(

Madisson wrote: »
    Just back from my gp cause I had a urinary tract infection that I was given anti biotics for at my last hosp appointment. I still have the infection cause they gave me the wrong type tablets AND they prescribed me double the tablets I should have been taken. My gp rang up fuming with them and im all scared and worried now :(

Jeez that's awful. What did they prescribe?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Jeez that's awful. What did they prescribe?

4 tablet a day of some form of anti biotic but they werent the right ones for the infection I had and my gp said that the max I should have been on is two a day.

• Advertisement

4 tablet a day of some form of anti biotic but they werent the right ones for the infection I had and my gp said that the max I should have been on is two a day.

That's terrible! I'm glad your GP gave them hell. Try not to panic though, easier said than done I know x.

Just back from our 3D scan - worth every penny! I'd have one every week if I could! Baby definitely looks like dad! His nose and his scowl!! We did get a smile too though :) lots of pics and a DVD. Still don't know what it is though, but I'm thinking boy :)

That's terrible! I'm glad your GP gave them hell. Try not to panic though, easier said than done I know x.

Just back from our 3D scan - worth every penny! I'd have one every week if I could! Baby definitely looks like dad! His nose and his scowl!! We did get a smile too though :) lots of pics and a DVD. Still don't know what it is though, but I'm thinking boy :)

I know everything is ok my gp did a full check on everything but im just so annoyed that they could be so stupid!! eugh

Thats amazing :) everything feel super real now?? :D

I know everything is ok my gp did a full check on everything but im just so annoyed that they could be so stupid!! eugh

Thats amazing :) everything feel super real now?? :D

Yeah - it makes you feel like you have to double check everything.

Does feel real, yes.... There's a person in there, with a personality and a mushed up face and long fingers & toes!!

Yeah - it makes you feel like you have to double check everything.

Does feel real, yes.... There's a person in there, with a personality and a mushed up face and long fingers & toes!!

ye just lucky i have an amazing gp!

eeeeeh so exciting itsnt it!! :D

How long before are you all taking maternity leave? Im finding work really exhausting now dunno if ill last untill 2 weeks before! Is there anyway of getting your doctor to sign u off for a 3 day week or something?

I'm on maternity leave from the 14th October and a weeks annual leave before, so I'll be finishing up around the 4th - I'm beginning to develop sciatica though, so I may be gone before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

ye just lucky i have an amazing gp!

eeeeeh so exciting itsnt it!! :D

How long before are you all taking maternity leave? Im finding work really exhausting now dunno if ill last untill 2 weeks before! Is there anyway of getting your doctor to sign u off for a 3 day week or something?

i'm finishing up on the 19th sept. exactly 2 weeks before my due date. finding work a struggle too. some days my back is fine and other days i'm in agony sitting at my desk all day. spend more time walking about than doing work. plus i can't seem to concentrate. constantly thinking of lists i need to make. maybe i'll make a list of lists i need to make...

i'm finishing up on the 19th sept. exactly 2 weeks before my due date. finding work a struggle too. some days my back is fine and other days i'm in agony sitting at my desk all day. spend more time walking about than doing work. plus i can't seem to concentrate. constantly thinking of lists i need to make. maybe i'll make a list of lists i need to make...

im the same im just exhausted and my office is so busy and dealing with the public all day every day. Wanted to see if i could get a letter from my doctor to say that i can just work 3 days or something. hmmm

Ive my forms for maternity benefit in my bag :/ should really sort them out ha! i suppose ill put down the 4th and then if i need to leave earlier i will :)

They'll let me work til the 20th of September, which is a week before he's born (and 2 weeks before my due date).

Hopefully I'll manage up til that point. It's not too far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I'm finishing up 2 weeks before my due date too. Can't afford to go out on sick leave earlier unfortunately. I found last week very tough even though it was a short week with the bank holiday.
    Does anyone know if there is a higher dose of iron a gp can prescribe ? I'm so tired and just taking the galfer iron but I'm gonna ask him is there anything else I can take.

• Advertisement

I'm finishing up 2 weeks before my due date too. Can't afford to go out on sick leave earlier unfortunately. I found last week very tough even though it was a short week with the bank holiday.
    Does anyone know if there is a higher dose of iron a gp can prescribe ? I'm so tired and just taking the galfer iron but I'm gonna ask him is there anything else I can take.

I want something else too galfer is doing nothing but my gp is really against prescribing stuff so when I asked him today he just said to eat a better diet and take power naps.

Advertisement