Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm finishing up 2 weeks before my due date too. Can't afford to go out on sick leave earlier unfortunately. I found last week very tough even though it was a short week with the bank holiday.
    Does anyone know if there is a higher dose of iron a gp can prescribe ? I'm so tired and just taking the galfer iron but I'm gonna ask him is there anything else I can take.

Galfer is a pretty high dose. I'm finding it harder to keep hydrated at the moment and that makes me very sluggish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Started pregnancy Pilates tonight. It was tough! I had my last intermediate Pilates class in February, the week I got my positive pregnancy test. I just assumed a pregnancy class would be easy, I was wrong. I enjoyed it though.

I went to buy a steriliser and bottles today even though I plan on giving breastfeeding a go. In the end I left with neither. Couldn't decide whether the Dr. Browns bottles/Mam bottles were a gimmick or worth it. I also need to find out whether they fit easily in the Avent steriliser is a good price in Sam McCauleys at the moment. Anyone shed any light on this? I did pick up 2 cellular blankets for €8 each in Dunnes after seeing them for €24 and €15 in Tony Kealys and Smyths. About to watch Breaking Bad now...yay!

Roesy wrote: »
    Started pregnancy Pilates tonight. It was tough! I had my last intermediate Pilates class in February, the week I got my positive pregnancy test. I just assumed a pregnancy class would be easy, I was wrong. I enjoyed it though.

I went to buy a steriliser and bottles today even though I plan on giving breastfeeding a go. In the end I left with neither. Couldn't decide whether the Dr. Browns bottles/Mam bottles were a gimmick or worth it. I also need to find out whether they fit easily in the Avent steriliser is a good price in Sam McCauleys at the moment. Anyone shed any light on this? I did pick up 2 cellular blankets for €8 each in Dunnes after seeing them for €24 and €15 in Tony Kealys and Smyths. About to watch Breaking Bad now...yay!

We used Tommee Tippee CTN bottles last time. You can get the anti-colic type too. They were good and we're using them again. We got the steriliser on Amazon for like 11 euro.

I have a hemorrhoid. It's gi-normous and I feel like crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I'm finishing up 2 weeks before my due date too. Can't afford to go out on sick leave earlier unfortunately. I found last week very tough even though it was a short week with the bank holiday.
    Does anyone know if there is a higher dose of iron a gp can prescribe ? I'm so tired and just taking the galfer iron but I'm gonna ask him is there anything else I can take.

How many tablets a day are you taking?

I was advised by the hospital to start taking Ferrograd, two tablets a day [one in the morning, one in evening - don't take them together or it negates the effects] and it has made the world of difference. I was having alot of dizzy spells and weakness, which I put down to low blood pressure, but turns out it was the low iron. Have been on them about twelve weeks but I noticed the improvement very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

livinsane wrote: »
    How many tablets a day are you taking?

I was advised by the hospital to start taking Ferrograd, two tablets a day [one in the morning, one in evening - don't take them together or it negates the effects] and it has made the world of difference. I was having alot of dizzy spells and weakness, which I put down to low blood pressure, but turns out it was the low iron. Have been on them about twelve weeks but I noticed the improvement very quickly.

I'm just taking one a day must have a look at the leaflet see if two a day is ok. To be honest I think I may just suck it up at this stage. I have a long commute each day and the weather is so humid that could be what's taking its toll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I've had my dose of galfer increased to 2 a day, I don't think they're agreeing with me - I've a dodgy tummy and this morning I dry retched for ten minutes after brushing my teeth! I might ask if I can switch to something else that might be gentler.

Started to pack my hospital bag/labour bag this morning and took all the baby gros etc out of the packs and into the washing machine :) The mitts are so tiny!! I have still got a load of stuff to get-I thought I was more or less sorted, not at all..... The house is still upside down as well, I'm going to start dedicating weekends to just knuckling down and tackling it all.

Also - how good was breaking bad?! Dean Norris was amazing in that final scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I've heard Galfer can cause constipation so they might be rough on the system.
    I haven't had any problems with the Ferrograd, apart from some heartburn but maybe the old wives tale is true and I just have a baby with a thick head of hair!

No Breaking Bad spoilers pleeease!!!!!!!!!!

livinsane wrote: »
    I've heard Galfer can cause constipation so they might be rough on the system.
    I haven't had any problems with the Ferrograd, apart from some heartburn but maybe the old wives tale is true and I just have a baby with a thick head of hair!

No Breaking Bad spoilers pleeease!!!!!!!!!!

My lips are sealed..... Suffice to say you won't be disappointed!

Washed all the sleep suits and baby gros and hung them on the line..... Had to drag himself out to the garden to look at the cuteness of a line full of teeney weeny clothes. Have spent much of the afternoon squee'ing!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Washed all the sleep suits and baby gros and hung them on the line..... Had to drag himself out to the garden to look at the cuteness of a line full of teeney weeny clothes. Have spent much of the afternoon squee'ing!

Roughly how many babygros and sleepsuits did you buy nikpmup? People seem to be advising me not to buy too many as we don't know the sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Roughly how many babygros and sleepsuits did you buy nikpmup? People seem to be advising me not to buy too many as we don't know the sex.

People are telling me not to buy untill after I see what presents I get. I know my sister is preparing my hospital bag and she has a pack of 7 vests and baby gros Hmm

I've about 15 each of both sleepsuits and vests, in neutral colours - white, grey and beige. Half of them newborn size and half 0-3 months.. They come in packs of three or five generally. People generally buy little outfits as gifts, I figure plain babygros/sleepsuits won't go to waste - I hate doing laundry so it suits me to have too many rather than too few!

Cutest line ever!

<3 nikmup

I have all my moses basket covers washed now. It's so lovely and fresh.

We also sorted out the first week with people to look after James, so everything feels like it's falling into place now.

It feels so soon all of a sudden this morning. In 7 weeks my baby will be 2 days old.

Ugh, have a rotten taste in my mouth this morning. Reminds me of the first few months of pregnancy. Hope it's not coming back full time. It really turned me off food last time. Sorting through some paperwork at home and 'one born every minute' is on in the background. Am teary, fascinated and terrified all at the same time! Bubs is squiggling away almost like a reminder that this is going to be us in a few weeks :-)

Ugh, have a rotten taste in my mouth this morning. Reminds me of the first few months of pregnancy. Hope it's not coming back full time. It really turned me off food last time. Sorting through some paperwork at home and 'one born every minute' is on in the background. Am teary, fascinated and terrified all at the same time! Bubs is squiggling away almost like a reminder that this is going to be us in a few weeks :-)

It's funny, it's like they know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

It's funny, it's like they know!

I think they do.... Bean stops kicking when anyone touches my stomach.... I think we have a stubborn one here!!

I think they do.... Bean stops kicking when anyone touches my stomach.... I think we have a stubborn one here!!

Anytime my OH tries to feel my belly, the little fecker plays statues! Other times s/he's doing loop-the-loops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Cutest line ever!

That looks mad, the neighbours will know your secret now :D

Did you use the sensitive fairy powder in the white bottle?? Think that's the one someone told me to get to wash all the baby stuff.

That looks mad, the neighbours will know your secret now :D

Did you use the sensitive fairy powder in the white bottle?? Think that's the one someone told me to get to wash all the baby stuff.

Fairy liquitabs and fairy conditioner - they were on special offer in tesco a few weeks ago :p Neither me nor OH are particularly sensitive to detergents so I'm hoping babas the same. They smell lovely :)

As for the neighbours..... If they haven't worked out my secret from the ever-worsening waddle from the door to the car they never will :p

• Advertisement

Im being kept in hospital with this infection. Havent had a wink of sleep yet, women on my ward all been rushed off to labour ward. I want to go home to my own bed :(

Madisson wrote: »
    Im being kept in hospital with this infection. Havent had a wink of sleep yet, women on my ward all been rushed off to labour ward. I want to go home to my own bed :(

Ah Madisson, you poor thing! Hope you got some sleep eventually. Feel better soon.

Feel better soon Maddison.

*remembers to pack a good set of earplugs in her hospital bag*

James put his baby doll into the moses basket last night and sang him to sleep. <3.

Ah no, you poor thing - I hope you have a quick recovery x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Ah Madisson, ya poor thing. Any sleep at all? Hope you will be home soon :-)

Livinsane -- 3rd October -- Surprise -- ?
    monday monday-- 3rd October -- Surprise -- Holles St
    Das Kitty -- 5th October -- Boy -- UCHG [Section date: 30th Sept]
    Wooha -- 7th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    Knock13 -- 10th October -- Surprise -- ?
    freudiangirl -- 11th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    trinz23 -- 13th October -- Surprise -- ?
    inlikeflynn86 -- 18th October -- Surprise -- WRH
    Madisson -- 22nd October -- Girl -- ?
    DoctorBoo -- 26th October -- Surprise -- ?
    Roesy -- 27th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    nikpmup -- 30th October -- Surprise -- Holles St

Feel free to add/update. :)

Ah Madisson, ya poor thing. Any sleep at all? Hope you will be home soon :-)

Got 20 mins. 5 people went into labour on my ward. As soon as one was brought to delivery another one was in. Girl here screaming at the moment. I WANT MY BED!

Thanks everyone. :)

Asked the midwife about this sleeping on your right hand side myth. She said its a load of s**te :D that your baby dictates the way you sleep. :)

Das Kitty wrote: »

Lots of little surprises :) I'm guessing a boy for myself at the moment even though we scrutinised the scan dvd one night to see could we find some evidence of the fact and didn't see anything so my husband is guessing a girl now. I went shopping for some more clothes today. Still fitting into some of my pre pregnancy clothes and have a few maternity bits but we are not allowed wear denim at work so that limits my current pickings a lot when I go back. Cork seems to have a very limited selection of non horrible stuff at the moment so I ordered a few bits from New Look online. Here's hoping they are nice on so I don't have to send them back. Got some vests, bibs, onesies, muslins and moses basket sheets for baby today. His/her little wardrobe consists of more than 5 things now.

Top of my bump is very tight this evening and I'm eating all around me today. Maybe baby is having a growth spurt(or maybe I'm just having a piggy day :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Das Kitty wrote: »

Groucho Marx--10th October--Surprise :)

Advertisement