Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

monday monday-- 3rd October -- Surprise -- Holles St
    Das Kitty -- 5th October -- Boy -- UCHG [Section date: 30th Sept]
    Wooha -- 7th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    Knock13 -- 10th October -- Surprise -- ?
    freudiangirl -- 11th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    trinz23 -- 13th October -- Surprise -- ?
    inlikeflynn86 -- 18th October -- Surprise -- WRH
    Madisson -- 22nd October -- Girl -- ?
    DoctorBoo -- 26th October -- Surprise -- ?
    Roesy -- 27th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    nikpmup -- 30th October -- Surprise -- Holles St
    Groucho Marx--10th October--Surprise
    Schoolhouse -- 14th October -- Surprise -- Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Officially in the single digit countdown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

livinsane -- 3rd October -- Surprise -- CUMH

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

livinsane wrote: »

PuddingHead -- 1st October -- Surprise -- CUMH

All very exciting isnt it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Just wondering October mommys, are you guys going back to work and using crèches or private child-minders or relatives? 1st baby here so just thinking about this stuff now.

• Advertisement

Just wondering October mommys, are you guys going back to work and using crèches or private child-minders or relatives? 1st baby here so just thinking about this stuff now.

Ill prob put her in the creche my niece is in but theyre 150 extra a month for under 1yo so I may prive a child minder and see if it works out cheaper, just for the few months before she turns 1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Creche again.

Have had a brilliant experience with our creche for the toddler, so not going to mess with that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Because of the way my shifts work, if I take parental leave on one day a fortnight, it means that I'll only actually be in work for two weekdays. My mam is just up the road; she minded my sisters two kids and it was great for her and the kids to be able to spend so much time together. I've asked her if she'd do the two days, she'd love to. I'll pay her the going childminder rate, it shouldn't be too steep for two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

At the moment my mother is hoping to do 2-3 days a week for us for the first while. We are in limbo for the other couple of days. I think I'll price the crèches near both of our workplaces. If for some reason it doesn't work out that the mammy is able to mind him/her( she won't be sure until bubs is 2-3 months) then I'll also look at a childminder for a year.

I pretty much slept from 11.30 until about 7.30 with only one bathroom trip. That's the most undisturbed sleep I've had in ages. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Roesy wrote: »
    At the moment my mother is hoping to do 2-3 days a week for us for the first while. We are in limbo for the other couple of days. I think I'll price the crèches near both of our workplaces. If for some reason it doesn't work out that the mammy is able to mind him/her( she won't be sure until bubs is 2-3 months) then I'll also look at a childminder for a year.

I pretty much slept from 11.30 until about 7.30 with only one bathroom trip. That's the most undisturbed sleep I've had in ages. Yay!

Oh god Roesy that was a really good night!! I would love to be knocked out for a full night to get a good sleep.

• Advertisement

If I never have to pee again I'll die a happy girl :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

nikpmup wrote: »
    If I never have to pee again I'll die a happy girl :P

I hear ya !

Same...

Think childminder in their home, its cheaper than a creche and our relatives live too fair away, trying to arrange a set shift in work so I can sort out this nonsense... Think I'll ask for Monday to Friday 8 to 5...

I just wanna stay at home! :(

I just wanna stay at home! :(

Me too :( A girl I work with is due 3 weeks before me; she's just been signed off sick for the remainder of her pregnancy, and will be taking unpaid leave - which means she won't be back to work until September 2014! I. Am. So. Jealous! My OH has vowed to send me back to work pregnant so that I can continue working in the quieter section that I'm in now :)

Im off work next week too sick and then only 6 weeks left in work. May be signed off sick before that though, too frickin tired for this work nonsense haha :)

Oh and question... I havent really had any ante natal app with my gp yet, my first is Wednesday week. He said that ill need to bring my chart to him cause hes to sign off saying all that he has done in the app but I asked the rotunda and they said they werent giving it to me?? Anyone else know what happens in that case? Surely of my gp is to do a proper ante natal check he needs to know exactly what the story is from the rotundas side?

Madisson wrote: »
    Oh and question... I havent really had any ante natal app with my gp yet, my first is Wednesday week. He said that ill need to bring my chart to him cause hes to sign off saying all that he has done in the app but I asked the rotunda and they said they werent giving it to me?? Anyone else know what happens in that case? Surely of my gp is to do a proper ante natal check he needs to know exactly what the story is from the rotundas side?
    Do you have a combined care card? It's white and has details about each of your visits on it. That's what the GP meant.

If you don't, give the rotunda a ring and explain it to them. They won't give you your chart to even look at without a freedom of information request (well the consultant might give you a look). They don't let the charts off the hospital grounds (or archive facility) ever.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Do you have a combined care card? It's white and has details about each of your visits on it. That's what the GP meant.

If you don't, give the rotunda a ring and explain it to them. They won't give you your chart to even look at without a freedom of information request (well the consultant might give you a look). They don't let the charts off the hospital grounds (or archive facility) ever.

I've had my own chart since the very first visit with the consultant. I don't have a combined care card. I have to bring my chart for gp visits and antenatal appointments whether its with the nurse in my gp surgery or with the consultant. Probably just a different system in Cork though.

Ye ive a white appointments and admissions card! So he just signs that is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I have a white card too and my gp notes my blood pressure urine etc and the midwife in the hospital used it at my last appointment in the hospital 3 weeks ago so it's all on the one card.

• Advertisement

Same Rosey, if you have a read of it it states that it should not be removed from the hospital, which I thought was hilarious because they won't see you if you don't have it... Which doesn't make sense, we were in a car crash a couple of months ago and had to go to maternity A&E and they told me get someone to drop up the folder as they cannot see me without it... (luckily it was saturday and there was a 9 hour wait anyway :/ )

God I had such trouble getting a look at my chart for James' birth. It was like Fort Knox.

Yeah, in Galway anyway they have the white combi-care card and you can be seen by your GP with that. It gets filled in at your hospital appointments too. You hand it in at the start of your appointment and they retrieve your chart based on it, then the consultant fills it in at the end of your appointment and hands it back to you.

I packed more of my bag today. I need more jammies/ night gowns, but that's about it. No labour bag this go, just a little outfit for the ickle man. I think I'll just put it in a zip-loc bag. I wonder do I just wear a gown for the surgery or do I need to have a nightie? I must ask.

Same Rosey, if you have a read of it it states that it should not be removed from the hospital, which I thought was hilarious because they won't see you if you don't have it... Which doesn't make sense, we were in a car crash a couple of months ago and had to go to maternity A&E and they told me get someone to drop up the folder as they cannot see me without it... (luckily it was saturday and there was a 9 hour wait anyway :/ )

I noticed that alright. It was the same the day I fell a few weeks ago. I wasn't at home when it happened and had to get a lift out to pick up my file and then go all the way back to the hospital(about 40-50 mins from where I live).

Holles st give me my file to take home with me after each visit, except if I have bloods taken (I presume so they can file the results)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

my wife is due the 20th of october,have being reading this thread since we found out so i though i would introuduced my self.
    Livinsane -- 3rd October -- Surprise -- ?
    naughto misses--20th october-- surprise

Feel free to add/update. :)

nikpmup wrote: »
    Holles st give me my file to take home with me after each visit, except if I have bloods taken (I presume so they can file the results)

Ye thats what my gp said that rotunda should be doing especially cause ive been in hospital for a few days he wants to know exactly what I was treated with!!! Eugh confusion, ill ring him today and ask him to request it!

Anyone else getting pains in back and at your hips? I woke up 3 times last night with it and no matter how I sleep it gets sore :(

I'm afraid I'll be divorced before baby arrives for disturbing my oh with my weird sleep antics. I'm having the maddest dreams again since I hit the third trimester. I jumped out of bed during the night convinced that the baby was asleep somewhere in the bed. I turned on the light out to look for him or her and thats when I realised junior is still in situ. My husband woke when the light came on and asked me what was wrong so I babbled out some random excuse.

Oh Rosey you seem to be getting every random thing the baby books say! I was hoping for the intense dreams, but alas I maintain dreamless sleep...

@Madisosn, yes sore hips and back, mainly when i first get out of bed the rest of the day is mostly okay tho!

I had those dreams after James was born Rosey. The only dreams I had before he was born was that he was pushing out so much my skin went transparent and I could see him in there!

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'll be divorced before baby arrives for disturbing my oh with my weird sleep antics. I'm having the maddest dreams again since I hit the third trimester. I jumped out of bed during the night convinced that the baby was asleep somewhere in the bed. I turned on the light out to look for him or her and thats when I realised junior is still in situ. My husband woke when the light came on and asked me what was wrong so I babbled out some random excuse.

im getting crazy dreams too.. had a dream about being in labour and the baby came out black and my ex was there screaming at me cause i left him because he cheated at the beginning of this pregnancy so he was saying i was just like him. disaster haha

Advertisement