Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I had those dreams after James was born Rosey. The only dreams I had before he was born was that he was pushing out so much my skin went transparent and I could see him in there!

I had that dream last week, dreamt I could see hands pushing out of my belly!!

Naughto, welcome (and mrs naughto!)

And yes, my hips and back are very sore this weather; I have sciatica and general aches everywhere! Also have a very painful right shoulder this past three weeks :( 10 more weeks, 10 more weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chicita

Hi ladies,

Not been on to post on ages but I have been following the thread. I just wanted to add myself to the list:

Livinsane -- 3rd October -- Surprise -- ?
    monday monday-- 3rd October -- Surprise -- Holles St
    Das Kitty -- 5th October -- Boy -- UCHG [Section date: 30th Sept]
    Wooha -- 7th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    Knock13 -- 10th October -- Surprise -- ?
    freudiangirl -- 11th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    trinz23 -- 13th October -- Surprise -- ?
    inlikeflynn86 -- 18th October -- Surprise -- WRH
    Madisson -- 22nd October -- Girl -- ?
    DoctorBoo -- 26th October -- Surprise -- ?
    Roesy -- 27th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    nikpmup -- 30th October -- Surprise -- Holles St
    chicita -- 30th October -- Surprise -- Limerick
    naughto misses--20th october-- surprise

I have not been having too many dreams but my sleep is very disturbed. I just cannot get comfortable as my bump is huge. I have taken to sleeping in the spare room to give myself and DH a good nights sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

How are you guys fairing with stretch marks?

I thought mine were normal but when I was with the midwife last week she said you poor thing your stretch marks, and so soon...

so I said that to mam and she said that she didn't get any until she was preggers with my brother, ie number 5! My 2 sister in laws dont have any, one has had one baba and one is due in 2 days for baba number 3 and mammy said I seemed to have alot...

Is my skin just really tight, I'm still quite tidy I'm terrifed I'll be torn to pieces over the next 6 weeks (and 1 day ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

How are you guys fairing with stretch marks?

I thought mine were normal but when I was with the midwife last week she said you poor thing your stretch marks, and so soon...

so I said that to mam and she said that she didn't get any until she was preggers with my brother, ie number 5! My 2 sister in laws dont have any, one has had one baba and one is due in 2 days for baba number 3 and mammy said I seemed to have alot...

Is my skin just really tight, I'm still quite tidy I'm terrifed I'll be torn to pieces over the next 6 weeks (and 1 day ;) )

I have some on the right cheek of my bum and discovered one on my inner thigh last night grrrr
    Im hoping im not destroyed in the next few weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chicita

Ah puddinhead, don't be worrying about them as they say that there is not much you can do about it. If your skin is not very elastic you will get them no matter what you do. Having said that are you smothering yourself with moisturiser a few times a day?

I have none so far and I am using bio oil every night. In the morning and middle of the day I use the Palmers. My skin is tearing itchy as my bump is so tight. I got Le Roche Poséy cream today which is supposed to be a moisturiser for dry itchy irritated skin. So now I will be on the moisturiser 4 times a day!
    The girl in the chemist told me to put use moisturiser from my neck down as far as the top of my thighs and bum. So far I have just been doing the bump but she said that you can get the stretch marks on the thighs and bum too. :eek:

I have gotten stretch marks in the past on my thighs and hips (from fast weight gain) so I would say its only a matter of time for me!

• Advertisement

Yea I'm using some stretch mark cream mam got me and palmers (mmm cocoa butter :) )

Apparently bio oil would do the job, but the texture makes my skin crawl!!! blehhh Ah well I was never one for bikiki's anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

No stretch marks as of yet but there's still time. Its probably more down to genes but I'd say keeping hydrated helps too. I've been using Body Shop body butter because it works absolute wonders for my skin normally so decided to stick to what I know instead of buying anything else. Don't be too worried, a lot of women say most of the marks fade after.

I feel like Im growing a tail! My tailbone is killing me the last few days. I'll have to bring a little cushion to work. Google tells me its normal. Have to say this pregnancy is getting to be hard work and Im due to sit my driving test the week before Im due so Im split between dreading the time passing and dying to reach the end....ahhhh the pressure.

Brave girl, I was too scared to book my test before having the baby... probably for the best I fair cant concentrate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I was happily driving a motorbike for years with no desire to ever own a car but knew once I got pregnant I had to get sorted so literally got licence in March, bought a car in May, did the 12 hours lessons as quickly as possible and booked the test. My six months probation on licence is only up middle of Sept and due on 3rd Oct so tiny window. If I pass this, the relief will be immense. I decided if I left it go till after the baby arrives, I'd put it off too long. I can't even get nervous about the labour with the test on my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

My partner got let go from work today and I am also unemployed :-\ Not the start we were hoping to give our baby...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

My partner got let go from work today and I am also unemployed :-\ Not the start we were hoping to give our baby...

Oh Dr Boo.... That sucks. Hope he'll pick something up soon :(

Stretch mark wise; I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago, I had loads of loose skin afterwards. It seems that it's just filling back up again with bump! I've no new stretch marks (yet!) I'm also very lucky to not get heartburn - I had a gastric band fitted and one of the side effects is that I never get heartburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Sorry to hear that Dr Boo.

I haven't got any stretch marks yet. I'm thinking its just a matter of time though as I got them a few years ago when I put on weight. Thankfully they are quite faint and light since I lost the weight. Am hoping I won't add too many to my collection. As for heartburn, I had it a little in the first trimester and got it again the night before last. Hopefully it won't become a regular feature in the last few weeks of the pregnancy. Am now officially in the single weeks countdown. 9 weeks 6 days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

now let me word this carefully... does anyone else have a very painful hoo jaa? and the junction of my leg and said hoo jaa, the bikini line i guess is awful sore. i'm limping around the office.

now let me word this carefully... does anyone else have a very painful hoo jaa? and the junction of my leg and said hoo jaa, the bikini line i guess is awful sore. i'm limping around the office.

Top of my thigh/bikini line were killing me Monday. I was hobbling for a while. Seemed to loosen out over the last couple of days after doing Pilates Monday night.

Literally cant sleep with it. Its pain there and on my sides. Asked the physio at the parenting classes and she said its normal cause your pelvis widens and ligaments loosen. She advised use a ice pack down below

these are the things they don't tell ye about. the noise of me turning around in bed. as for putting my trousers on in the morning...agony. but its all good at the same time. when they hand me that grey gooey little human(was watching that midwives programme last night..yikes) it'll be sooo worth it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'd definitely talk to your doctor monday monday. A physio appointment might help you manage it a bit better or give you exercises to improve it.

It's something I get very rarely, but if it went on for more than a day or two I'd be going to the doctor.

More fun with migraines for me this morning. I feel like I'm down a well at the moment.

My aunts decided to do the ring on a string 'test' on me today. They decided based on the results that I was having boy/girl twins first as the ring was going in circles first then started going side to side. On a repeat go it started going distinctly side to side. Based on that and the fact I'm only carrying on my bump it has been decided that bubs is a boy. Gotta love the science :p

Roesy wrote: »
    My aunts decided to do the ring on a string 'test' on me today. They decided based on the results that I was having boy/girl twins first as the ring was going in circles first then started going side to side. On a repeat go it started going distinctly side to side. Based on that and the fact I'm only carrying on my bump it has been decided that bubs is a boy. Gotta love the science :p

Lol, you know if it is a boy nobody will ever convince them that it was a coincidence - it's only a 50:50 chance!!

Mondaymonday, I have sciatic pain and pain in my hip joint.. It's been particularly bad this week, I'm going to the doc on Thursday and I'm going to ask if I can get certed for a week off; doing 13 hr shifts of physical work isn't helping.

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Lol, you know if it is a boy nobody will ever convince them that it was a coincidence - it's only a 50:50 chance!!

Mondaymonday, I have sciatic pain and pain in my hip joint.. It's been particularly bad this week, I'm going to the doc on Thursday and I'm going to ask if I can get certed for a week off; doing 13 hr shifts of physical work isn't helping.

well i suppose i'm lucky in that i'm sitting down all day. some days the pain is bad and other days its fine. i'm off to the clinic this avo so i might mention it. i've only 4 weeks left in work so i might be able to put up with it for that long. then its couch here i come.

Boots have 3 for 2 on nearly all baby stuff at the moment except formula/food/medications. I picked up a few bits yesterday but will definitely going back in once I get my head around all the stuff I still need to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Boots have 3 for 2 on nearly all baby stuff at the moment except formula/food/medications. I picked up a few bits yesterday but will definitely going back in once I get my head around all the stuff I still need to get.

I was in there yesterday and i think my hospital bag is done. 3 for 2 is brilliant :-)

I was in there yesterday and i think my hospital bag is done. 3 for 2 is brilliant :-)

I got a big box of nappies, a nappy bin and a pack of 3 refills for it. Great value, got the nappies for free. Will definitely go back armed with a list!

Thank youuuuu :D

Was in tesco and they have 2 packs of 45 new born pampers for 15 :)

Ooh! I must head in and pick up some bits - I bought one big pack of nappies, but by the time I packed enough for the hospital (I guessed 6 per 24hrs - no clue if that's enough/too much!) most of them were gone!!! I have no intention of leaving the house for at least a week after I get home!!!

Had mad dreams last night - dreamt I got home from the hospital with the baby (who looked about five months old!!) but for some reason I hadn't got round to feeding the baby in the hospital so my milk was all dried up and I had no formula; had to go shopping for formula (which for some reason was really hard to find!) and bottles. I was really pissed off that my milk was gone!!

Ooh! I must head in and pick up some bits - I bought one big pack of nappies, but by the time I packed enough for the hospital (I guessed 6 per 24hrs - no clue if that's enough/too much!) most of them were gone!!! I have no intention of leaving the house for at least a week after I get home!!!

Had mad dreams last night - dreamt I got home from the hospital with the baby (who looked about five months old!!) but for some reason I hadn't got round to feeding the baby in the hospital so my milk was all dried up and I had no formula; had to go shopping for formula (which for some reason was really hard to find!) and bottles. I was really pissed off that my milk was gone!!

Usually youre only in for a day anyways so im sure you have plenty :)

My sister was in Holles st for five days on her 1st - home in 24hrs on her 2nd.

Just remembered, I picked up Moses basket fitted sheets buy one get one half price in smyths yesterday, cot sheets were the same :)

My sister was in Holles st for five days on her 1st - home in 24hrs on her 2nd.

Just remembered, I picked up Moses basket fitted sheets buy one get one half price in smyths yesterday, cot sheets were the same :)

I was told I can be let go after 6 hours if everything is ok!! Just heard of long stints after sections!

5 days would be nice though, get food handed to you and have time to get into the wing of things!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

5 days is not nice in a noisy hospital with no privacy. :)

I asked to be released after 4 last time. I was so miserable in hospital. And the food was horrid.

Ladies, I've not been feeling too good this week. I've been getting painful braxton hicks all week in the evenings. I think I have it sussed though becuase I started to get them this morning when I got stressed out at work (which is rare enough for me).

So once I realised that and one of the lads had a chat with me and we worked out some of the things that were stressing me the pain went away.

I've been stressed at home about my car which failed its NCT and trying to make a decision, which would explain the evening pain. Meditation for me tonight and maybe a little yoga.

Advertisement