Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Roesy wrote: »
    Boots have 3 for 2 on nearly all baby stuff at the moment except formula/food/medications. I picked up a few bits yesterday but will definitely going back in once I get my head around all the stuff I still need to get.

you beat me too it, was just going to post it. Apparently this 3 for 2 is going on for another 3 weeks or so, so will be stocking up :-)
    They have a brochure too with some more offers of money off is you spend a certain amount and bits and pieces that they have online or only in the big Boots.

Just updated my info below - it's a boy - and by the kicks I'm getting he's currently trying out for the gymnastic team :-)

Livinsane -- 3rd October -- Surprise -- ?
    monday monday-- 3rd October -- Surprise -- Holles St
    Das Kitty -- 5th October -- Boy -- UCHG [Section date: 30th Sept]
    Wooha -- 7th October -- boy -- CUMH
    Knock13 -- 10th October -- Surprise -- ?
    freudiangirl -- 11th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    trinz23 -- 13th October -- Surprise -- ?
    inlikeflynn86 -- 18th October -- Surprise -- WRH
    Madisson -- 22nd October -- Girl -- ?
    DoctorBoo -- 26th October -- Surprise -- ?
    Roesy -- 27th October -- Surprise -- CUMH
    nikpmup -- 30th October -- Surprise -- Holles St
    chicita -- 30th October -- Surprise -- Limerick
    naughto misses--20th october-- surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Das Kitty wrote: »
    5 days is not nice in a noisy hospital with no privacy. :)

I asked to be released after 4 last time. I was so miserable in hospital. And the food was horrid.

Ladies, I've not been feeling too good this week. I've been getting painful braxton hicks all week in the evenings. I think I have it sussed though becuase I started to get them this morning when I got stressed out at work (which is rare enough for me).

So once I realised that and one of the lads had a chat with me and we worked out some of the things that were stressing me the pain went away.

I've been stressed at home about my car which failed its NCT and trying to make a decision, which would explain the evening pain. Meditation for me tonight and maybe a little yoga.

same happens me, i got stupid abusive texts off my ex yesterday and had loads of pains last night cause i was stressed out. going to go for a swim today :)

Anyone starting to crave sugary stuff??? im suddenly wanting fizzy drinks and chocolate all the time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

[QUOTE=Madisson;

Anyone starting to crave sugary stuff??? im suddenly wanting fizzy drinks and chocolate all the time now.[/QUOTE]
    can't get enough of chocolate, Terry's chocolate orange bars were on offer in the local shop, I got a 4 pack and ate 2 last night and this morning I noticed the other 2 were gone :-( I have ate a lota fruit today though ;-)

I'm going to a debs thing tonight and I know the food there will be yummy!! People turn into some feeders when they know your pregnant!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh god yeah the fizzy cravings!

I got a 6 pack of the St Pelligrino lemonade. It really hits the spot (thinking it will become my gin mixer after baba arrives).

I also get sparkling water and mix it half and half with fruit juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh god yeah the fizzy cravings!

I got a 6 pack of the St Pelligrino lemonade. It really hits the spot (thinking it will become my gin mixer after baba arrives).

I also get sparkling water and mix it half and half with fruit juice.

Half juice half sparkling water is lovely and refreshing alright. Haven't tried the Pellegrino lemonade but the st Pellegrino blood orange drink is very nice. Must give the lemonade a try.

• Advertisement

San%20Pellegrino-limonata-500x500.jpg

mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

God, thought it was just me! Last night I got a big bag of pick and mix from the oatfields shop; I normally hate sweets!

Funny, my belly has been tight and sore the last two days, but it's constant, not coming and going - feels like stretching tbh.

I'm just leaving ikea after picking up a cot for €30 :) Offer is over tomorrow or Sunday, move quick ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

30 bucks! that's awesome!

30 quid? Thats amazing!! Id love to me someone like u that finds bargains. Im more the person that spends 70 quid on a lovely dress in topshop and see pretty much the exact same one in penneys for 20 a week later!!! Boohoo haha

It's this one: http://m.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/art/00115751/

It's only €45 full price! I think the mattresses start at about €50

• Advertisement

Am wrecked this morning. Seem to have spent the night tossing and turning and having mental dreams. In the first one a painter covered our tiled bathroom in garish paint sample colours and stole our toilet! The second one I remember was more nightmarish. My husband, family, consultant and a few medical staff were gathered around my bed and the consultant was telling me that even though I was only 32 weeks he was going to have to deliver the babies by c-section because I had pre-eclampsia. Before I had a chance to say 'what do you mean babies, I'm only having one!' someone gave me a general anaesthetic and the next thing I know I'm waking up choking because the nurse is pulling out some tube. That's when I really woke up. Took ages to go back to sleep after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

That's mental Rosey. I seem to be avoiding the bizarre dreams so far. Tossing and turning last night too though. My back is killing me. It's seems to be fine within a few minutes of me getting out of bed but it's disrupting my sleep I hope it doesn't get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

hey just wondering where you guys picked up baby blankets?? I see argos have some, but just said Id ask.

That's mental Rosey. I seem to be avoiding the bizarre dreams so far. Tossing and turning last night too though. My back is killing me. It's seems to be fine within a few minutes of me getting out of bed but it's disrupting my sleep I hope it doesn't get worse.

I tend towards periods of sleep talking and vivid dreams anyway. Does seem to be worse during the pregnancy though. I find a heated wheat bag good when my back is sore.
    hey just wondering where you guys picked up baby blankets?? I see argos have some, but just said Id ask.

Dunnes have some. Think they were about €8 each. Also saw them in Boots, Tony Kealys but I think they were more expensive. A friend of mine said Guineys have them too.

I find my back kills after a lot of activity or being on my feet/walking a lot. My ass is killing me this evening! Sciatica's a cruel mistress. Don't know what to do to relieve it.

nikpmup wrote: »
    I find my back kills after a lot of activity or being on my feet/walking a lot. My ass is killing me this evening! Sciatica's a cruel mistress. Don't know what to do to relieve it.

Ah it's horrible isn't it :-( I've my heat pack in microwave now but that isn't lasting relief... Stretches also gives me title relief. Have physio tomorrow so hopefully she can do something else with me.

6 weeks left in work. Dont know if ill last it the tiredness and the aches and pains and spend more time on the toilet these days emptying my bowels than I do anywhere else.

Ah it's horrible isn't it :-( I've my heat pack in microwave now but that isn't lasting relief... Stretches also gives me title relief. Have physio tomorrow so hopefully she can do something else with me.

I'm going to have to go see a physio, I think, I work long shifts and after two shifts back to back I'm killed.

I'm going to have to go see a physio, I think, I work long shifts and after two shifts back to back I'm killed.

Try and go as soon as you can just for relief for the last few weeks. When you finishing work??

Not for 6 weeks :( it feels very long!

• Advertisement

6 weeks? that seems like ages you poor thing.

I've got 3 weeks left in work, between using my holiday balance and doctors appointments it's only 10.5 days... so happy

6 weeks? that seems like ages you poor thing.

I've got 3 weeks left in work, between using my holiday balance and doctors appointments it's only 10.5 days... so happy

4 weeks for me. I could technically leave in 1 or 3 though... I won't though. I want that time on the other end.

I'm working from home today and the table etc are not optimal heights. Hmmm.

I think a few of the below got lost along the way.

1st October -- PuddingHead -- Surprise -- CUMH
    3rd October -- livinsane -- Surprise -- CUMH
    3rd October -- monday monday -- Surprise -- Holles St
    5th October -- Das Kitty -- Boy -- UCHG [Section date: 30th Sept]
    7th October -- Wooha -- Boy -- CUMH
    10th October -- groucho marx -- Surprise -- ?
    10th October -- Knock13 -- Surprise -- ?
    11th October -- freudiangirl -- Surprise -- CUMH
    13th October -- trinz23 -- Surprise -- ?
    14th October -- schoolhouse -- Surprise -- Cavan
    18th October -- inlikeflynn86 -- Surprise -- WRH
    20th October -- naughto's misses -- Surprise -- ?
    22nd October -- Madisson -- Girl -- ?
    26th October -- DoctorBoo -- Surprise -- ?
    27th October -- Roesy -- Surprise -- CUMH
    30th October -- nikpmup -- Surprise -- Holles St
    30th October -- chicita -- Surprise -- Limerick

I have 6 and a half weeks when I go back before I finish up. Saying that I'm only back to work Wednesday after 2 months summer holidays so I can't really complain I suppose. Did a lot of standing and sorting the junk room yesterday. My coccyx and hip were pretty sore last night after it. Just hoping the combination of the physio exercises and Pilates will see me through the few weeks at school. Thankfully I had the sense to sort my classroom before finishing up so I won't have to be up on desks hanging displays and dragging furniture anyway!

Good thinking Rosey, do you have SPD or whatever it's called, or are your hips just taking the toll? I had to call in sick yesterday myself, couldn't sit or stand unaided...

currently in work and afraid to stand up for fear I can't...

Good thinking Rosey, do you have SPD or whatever it's called, or are your hips just taking the toll? I had to call in sick yesterday myself, couldn't sit or stand unaided...

currently in work and afraid to stand up for fear I can't...

I'd say its just pregnancy taking its toll on an already banjaxed back.

You poor thing! Have you seen someone about it?

Not for 6 weeks :( it feels very long!

Thats ages away you poor thing :-( try and see someone as soon as !!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

4 weeks of work to go and 6 weeks until the rascal arrives – it's getting serious…

Went pram shopping yesterday – oh the confusion…
    Thought we'd like the Quinny Buzz, (reduced price on the mother care online shop), but quite disappointed with the space under the seat. Then saw the Uppababy Vista and really like that one, but kinda pricey, liked a few others, but not as much as the Vista… Ensue frantic googling of any offers, review sites and other buggies…
    So of course dreamt of buggies all weekend…
    Also caught the cold off one of my colleagues, so spent the remainder of the weekend on the couch coughing and sneezing and feeling miserable – can't wait until I can take proper medication again :-)

Booked flights for Christmas, so he's not even born yet or has a passport, but he has a flight ticket – had put down that he was already born, as the system wouldn’t allow a birth date in the future. So once he's out, we have to contact the airline company and have the birthday changed.
    I kept joking that what if it is actually a girl and we also have to change the name :-)

Ohh apparently this just happens some women when the babies head has moved into the right position and there's more pressure on the pelvis...

swear to god I feel like I've been kicked between my legs... several times... who knew babies were so strong

How my mother had 7 kids I'll never know!

• Advertisement

Omg I'm getting the buggy this weekend woo!

What did you end up getting, or anything?

Also can't believe you booked the flight, ha, I wouldnt be able to do that without solid details!

Advertisement