Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Anyone see the pic of Michael buble's son? But more importantly, in the photo see how amazing his wife looks just after giving birth?? NOT FAIR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Madisson wrote: »
    Anyone see the pic of Michael buble's son? But more importantly, in the photo see how amazing his wife looks just after giving birth?? NOT FAIR

Did you see her pink nails haha!

loubian wrote: »
    Did you see her pink nails haha!

Ye and the midwife told me I couldnt have mine done for labour cause they need to test oxygen levels... Well ms. Midwife, if bubbles' misses can have hers nice SO CAN I !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Ye and the midwife told me I couldnt have mine done for labour cause they need to test oxygen levels... Well ms. Midwife, if bubbles' misses can have hers nice SO CAN I !!! :D

My sister thought the same - got a pedicure a few days before she went in; in the hospital a midwife announced "we can't have that!" and scrubbed it off!! She was left with manky looking half-removed nail varnish - she was raging!!:p

Edit : just googled Michael Buble's picture; she does look great..... Wagon!!:p The kids hairdo is pretty on trend as well, looks like its highlighted!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It's yer toes you can't have painted. :)

Fair play to her. She's just naturally gorgeous. To me though he just looks like a lad you'd encounter down the local pub. :D

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »

Fair play to her. She's just naturally gorgeous. To me though he just looks like a lad you'd encounter down the local pub. :D

Jaysus.... I think I'd rather drink in your local than mine, you wouldn't encounter the like of him round here!!! :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

trinz23 wrote: »
    Have had 2 doses of steroids which are not at all pleasant!!! I am just screaming out for sleep now....that is all I want...

Hope all is well with baby and you get home soon.

He looks more wrecked than her!

Had the ante natal class today in CUMH. Well worth going especially the midwife simulating the delivery using a doll and a plastic pelvis! The set up involved in an epidural was more than I expected. Never knew a catheter would be needed if you had one. I suppose you wouldn't care if it came to it.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Jaysus.... I think I'd rather drink in your local than mine, you wouldn't encounter the like of him round here!!! :D:P
    you're blinded by his winning personality, impeccable dress sense, and wild singing skills. :p
    livinsane wrote: »
    The set up involved in an epidural was more than I expected. Never knew a catheter would be needed if you had one. I suppose you wouldn't care if it came to it.

Yeah, I didn't know I had one in til they told me they were taking it out! Felt nothing in either direction.

The hand cannulas drove me crazy. One got caught on my nightie and came out. The replacement was pulled out by the newborn and by the time I noticed we were both all bloody. LOL!

Thats ok then, ive a weird foot phobia so nobody touches my feet haha. No risk of me having a pedicure!!

Where is your local? Any nice Michael buble look alikes interested in a ready made family?:P hahaha

you're blinded by his winning personality, impeccable dress sense, and wild singing skills. :p

:D:D:D:p

Yeah, I didn't know I had one in til they told me they were taking it out! Felt nothing in either direction.

The hand cannulas drove me crazy. One got caught on my nightie and came out. The replacement was pulled out by the newborn and by the time I noticed we were both all bloody. LOL!

My sister yanked hers out in the throes of labour, sprayed blood all over the walls, the ceiling, the midwife, the anaesthetist, (who was attempting to give her an epidural that she didn't end up getting as her son was in too much of a hurry!) her partner, the instrument tray and anything else that got in the way! It was like a Saw movie!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Am I the only one clueless to this nail varnish thing??? How does nail varnish affect labour?

Am I the only one clueless to this nail varnish thing??? How does nail varnish affect labour?

Apparently you're not allowed nail varnish in labour in case you need an emergency section; they need to be able to see your nail bed to check for oxygenation

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

livinsane wrote: »

Had the ante natal class today in CUMH. Well worth going especially the midwife simulating the delivery using a doll and a plastic pelvis! The set up involved in an epidural was more than I expected. Never knew a catheter would be needed if you had one. I suppose you wouldn't care if it came to it.

I was there too :-)
    I think everybody was a bit shocked at the amount of things you re hooked up to for the epidural...

Have been awake all night. That is all. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Have been awake all night. That is all. :mad::mad:

Ugh, me too :-(

Me too and over at my gp and my appointment was at 9 and he still hasnt arrived eugh

Ugh is right! I rang in sick today, went back to bed and managed to get about 3hours broken sleep. Going to my GP today, going to hope she signs me off, at least for a while. I'm done with work!

Ugh is right! I rang in sick today, went back to bed and managed to get about 3hours broken sleep. Going to my GP today, going to hope she signs me off, at least for a while. I'm done with work!

My gp said he would sign me off whenever i want. Really tempted to ring and say DO IT NOW!

came into work with my certs from the doctor, gave them to my line manager to give to hr. walked away and came into her officer 10 mins later and her and another person were actually reading what was said on my certs and discussing it. I went absolutely mad and told them id be giving them to hr from now on. who the hell do they think they are, thank god my gp always just writes pregnancy complications as a reason.

You take time off work because youre ill and when you come back youre made feel like you lied about being sick!!!! im sick of this place. need to finish up now before i go on a killing spree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

My gp said he would sign me off whenever i want. Really tempted to ring and say DO IT NOW!

came into work with my certs from the doctor, gave them to my line manager to give to hr. walked away and came into her officer 10 mins later and her and another person were actually reading what was said on my certs and discussing it. I went absolutely mad and told them id be giving them to hr from now on. who the hell do they think they are, thank god my gp always just writes pregnancy complications as a reason.

You take time off work because youre ill and when you come back youre made feel like you lied about being sick!!!! im sick of this place. need to finish up now before i go on a killing spree

What? its none of their fricking business. I hope you let loose all your horomones on them. Cheeky cows!! Try finish up as soon as you can xx

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

if you get signed off work do you have to start your maternity leave earlier?

• Advertisement

I'm aghast at your colleagues, Madisson - the cheek of them! I'd be taking your doc up on that offer! (Ps, can I please have your doctor?!)

I think you start your mat leave at the pre-approved date, regardless of sick leave, but I could be wrong; it could also depend on your company policy.

I'm aghast at your colleagues, Madisson - the cheek of them! I'd be taking your doc up on that offer! (Ps, can I please have your doctor?!)

I think you start your mat leave at the pre-approved date, regardless of sick leave, but I could be wrong; it could also depend on your company policy.

Ye its just certified sick so if u dont get paid for sick but get signed off early u can only get your normal illness benefit as far as I know!

Ye my doctor is amazing :D

Literally couldnt believe them when I saw it. Thank god I didnt have a boil on my bum or something haha

nothing worse than working with muppets.
    i've only 3 weeks left in work. it seems like an eternity.
    i hate taking sick leave for that exact reason. even though i would be sick i feel when i come back to work that i have to make my sickness sound worse than it was or people will think i was "pulling a sickie".
    and my team leader...if she says once more " oh i was soooooooooooo big when i was pregnant, you're so small" . granted she's trying to be nice but she says it to me so often that i'm not sure what response she wants.

nothing worse than working with muppets.
    i've only 3 weeks left in work. it seems like an eternity.
    i hate taking sick leave for that exact reason. even though i would be sick i feel when i come back to work that i have to make my sickness sound worse than it was or people will think i was "pulling a sickie".
    and my team leader...if she says once more " oh i was soooooooooooo big when i was pregnant, you're so small" . granted she's trying to be nice but she says it to me so often that i'm not sure what response she wants.

ive 5 weeks left now in work, really want to just get signed off now! First time i took sick leave in 3 years was in january when my dad died and i was off for 3 weeks, granted since then ive been in and out cause im tired and sick and stressed from pregnancy but its not like im someone who takes the piss taking monday and fridays off like the other people i work with!

I was in getting my anti d and my gtt done so i was off for a whole day one day a few weeks back and it was on my appointments card and they actually tried telling me that I had to have a doctors note saying why i needed the whole day off...CAUSE THE DOCTOR SAID SO!!! none of their feckin business.

I came back in yesterday from being off for 2 weeks cause i was in hospital for a week of it with a kidney infection and not even an "are u ok", feel like i need my limbs to be missing for any of them to give a ****!

ive 5 weeks left now in work, really want to just get signed off now! First time i took sick leave in 3 years was in january when my dad died and i was off for 3 weeks, granted since then ive been in and out cause im tired and sick and stressed from pregnancy but its not like im someone who takes the piss taking monday and fridays off like the other people i work with!

I was in getting my anti d and my gtt done so i was off for a whole day one day a few weeks back and it was on my appointments card and they actually tried telling me that I had to have a doctors note saying why i needed the whole day off...CAUSE THE DOCTOR SAID SO!!! none of their feckin business.

I came back in yesterday from being off for 2 weeks cause i was in hospital for a week of it with a kidney infection and not even an "are u ok", feel like i need my limbs to be missing for any of them to give a ****!

its crazy how work places can differ. mine have been grand with me taking appointments off. i think i have it the opposite way to you. if you come back in from sick i'm bombarded with questions and concern. and doesn't matter WHAT i have my team leader knows someone who had that or she had it and theres some big long story about her great aunt betty who nearly died from it..
    i sound like an awful b%tch.

I've come to the conclusion that you get no thanks for struggling on - I'll be making a case for finishing early later on! I've just realised that I've only had 4 days off sick this pregnancy, and not one minute off for antenatal appointments. I've been in my job 12 years, and before my pregnancy I had absolutely no sick leave (apart from occupational injury) for years. If my doc okays it, I'm outta there!!!

if you get signed off work do you have to start your maternity leave earlier?

No, it's certified sick leave.

Worked it out. I have one day off and 2 half days to take in the next week or so. 15 working days remaining...

and theres some big long story about her great aunt betty who nearly died from it..
    i.

hahahahahahaha!!!!

thing about it is I work with the public on a daily basis and get abuse from them on a daily basis which is just sooo tiring and although im behind glass you get people with all diseases coming into you and im scared that i could get something cause im pregnant. I had a girl yesterday telling me how she was diagnosed with HIV and she was there handing me documents and the likes and i felt like i was crawling after.

You get no thanks for all the cr*p you put up with here so i just want to run away and never come back booo :(

No, it's certified sick leave.

Worked it out. I have one day off and 2 half days to take in the next week or so. 15 working days remaining...
    snap..ish. taking out docs/clinic appointments i've 14.5 days left.:)

• Advertisement

Madisson I'm similar in that I work with patients all day - they need all aspect of their care done for them, so I'm 13 hours doing baths, changing beds, making and serving food, changing clothes, and nappies in some cases, and anything else that needs doing. It's knackering, and it can involve cleaning up soiled pants etc, so yes.... Time to go! Good practice for October though! Dirty nappies won't phase me in the slightest!

Advertisement