Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

nikpmup wrote: »
    Madisson I'm similar in that I work with patients all day - they need all aspect of their care done for them, so I'm 13 hours doing baths, changing beds, making and serving food, changing clothes, and nappies in some cases, and anything else that needs doing. It's knackering, and it can involve cleaning up soiled pants etc, so yes.... Time to go! Good practice for October though! Dirty nappies won't phase me in the slightest!

how can you possibly do that while heavily pregnant. i was sweeping last night and just getting the dust onto the pan and brush. the noise of me. was a struggle. i'm not gonna complain anymore. i sit at a desk all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I've 20 days left, taking into account the fact that I work shifts so I'm only in 3/4 days a week

how can you possibly do that while heavily pregnant. i was sweeping last night and just getting the dust onto the pan and brush. the noise of me. was a struggle. i'm not gonna complain anymore. i sit at a desk all day.

With great difficulty!! The people I work with have learning disabilities, Down's syndrome etc; I have one of them taught to follow me around and pick up anything I drop! I'm always dropping my keys! Another chap has been promoted to laundry handler, I get him to help me pull the laundry bags out of the bathroom and down to the big bins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I've 20 days left, taking into account the fact that I work shifts so I'm only in 3/4 days a week

If i get signed off on the 20th instead of 2 weeks later when my mat leave starts ive only 12 and a half days cause ive 2 and a half days annual leave and then my antenatal classes and the likes!!! dunno if i can even manage 12 days haha

I'm officially in love with my GP. Two week cert, with the option of extending it over the phone. I'm not going to be back in work for nearly 9 months! I feel like I've won the lotto!

• Advertisement

I'm officially in love with my GP. Two week cert, with the option of extending it over the phone. I'm not going to be back in work for nearly 9 months! I feel like I've won the lotto!

JEALOUS!! I may do the same now haha

Madisson wrote: »
    JEALOUS!! I may do the same now haha

Do it! Esp considering your work colleagues are such a rotten bunch!

Do it! Esp considering your work colleagues are such a rotten bunch!

Im going to ring gp tomorrow. Im going to see cats tonight :D

Good woman :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Pubic bone is aching today. :mad:

They're supposed to have a replacement for me at work soon. LOL. Hope I get to meet them and show them the ropes the poor things.

For some reason yesterday I read a whole load of things about torture and war crimes. So I had such lovely dreams last night as you can imagine. :rolleyes:

I'm going to get heaps of work done today I hope. It's my version of nesting.

:P

• Advertisement

Something just happened that I forgot completely from the first pregnancy until I heard it just now.

Baby's joints cracking. :eek:

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Something just happened that I forgot completely from the first pregnancy until I heard it just now.

That sounds scary!' whats that?

That sounds scary!' whats that?

You know the popping sound when you crack a knuckle or your neck?

That, but coming from the baby. It's lighter and slighly higher pitched than your own bones.

You know the popping sound when you crack a knuckle or your neck?

That, but coming from the baby. It's lighter and slighly higher pitched than your own bones.

Holy moly!! Havent experienced that yet thank god

:eek: :eek:
    Weird enough having a human inside you without hearing that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Had this with my little man and he still cracks from time to time freaked me out to no end though

Yeah I remember James was a cracky little guy after he was born too. Looks like I'll have another on my hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

ok, I feel a little stupid asking but Im starting to get creeped out. Ive been getting LOTS of pressure the last few days down low Im now at a stage where Im afraid about going back to work because Ive had to kneel down a few times at home to ease whats happening. I cannot stay still for long periods, definitely cannot walk very far and part of my work commute is a walk.

Are you guys experiencing this?? Im starting to panic.

ok, I feel a little stupid asking but Im starting to get creeped out. Ive been getting LOTS of pressure the last few days down low Im now at a stage where Im afraid about going back to work because Ive had to kneel down a few times at home to ease whats happening. I cannot stay still for long periods, definitely cannot walk very far and part of my work commute is a walk.

Are you guys experiencing this?? Im starting to panic.

Firstly, don't panic. The baby might be lying very low causing the symptoms. If you don't feel able to go back to work, don't. Get signed off.

+1 - don't suffer unnecessarily. If you're worried, put a call in to your midwife, they'll be able to set your mind at ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I was back to work yesterday and feeling good about being back in the classroom even if my tailbone and hip weren't thanking me for it! I had the consultant this afternoon and now I'm signed off for the rest of the pregnancy. Bubs stomach size is a bit behind. He said that by itself he'd be keeping an eye but coupled with the fact that my amniotic fluid levels are lower than what he'd like them to be for where I am in the pregnancy he'd prefer if I was off and resting a bit more. I'm back to the GP next week and back to him in a fortnight for another growth scan. He's hoping that the fluid levels don't drop and that growth picks up a bit otherwise he said that we might be looking at meeting our little bundle a little earlier than we expected.

Roesy wrote: »
    I was back to work yesterday and feeling good about being back in the classroom even if my tailbone and hip weren't thanking me for it! I had the consultant this afternoon and now I'm signed off for the rest of the pregnancy. Bubs stomach size is a bit behind. He said that by itself he'd be keeping an eye but coupled with the fact that my amniotic fluid levels are lower than what he'd like them to be for where I am in the pregnancy he'd prefer if I was off and resting a bit more. I'm back to the GP next week and back to him in a fortnight for another growth scan. He's hoping that the fluid levels don't drop and that growth picks up a bit otherwise he said that we might be looking at meeting our little bundle a little earlier than we expected.

Hopefully the rest will do it's job, Roesy - feet up x

Getting signed off from the 11th of sept. Have 2 and a half days annual leave to take and 3 half days for appointments so after tomorrow only 2 full days left :D ahhhhh I'm so excited. I cant wait to relax and take my time doing the bits and pieces around the house that need to be done :)

Getting signed off from the 11th of sept. Have 2 and a half days annual leave to take and 3 half days for appointments so after tomorrow only 2 full days left :D ahhhhh I'm so excited. I cant wait to relax and take my time doing the bits and pieces around the house that need to be done :)

We all seem to be hitting the home stretch now! It's getting exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

So excited, I'm off today and tomorrow, back in work Sunday - using the last 3 days of my annual leave to go away (we're going to the stillorglen park hotel thanks to his mum and dad and them being in the late late show audience last year :)

then I've my second antenatal class on Thursday, work from 2 til 8 and have 2 more days off woo... Then just 68 more hours... the 16th of September cannot come fast enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

So excited, I'm off today and tomorrow, back in work Sunday - using the last 3 days of my annual leave to go away (we're going to the stillorglen park hotel thanks to his mum and dad and them being in the late late show audience last year :)

then I've my second antenatal class on Thursday, work from 2 til 8 and have 2 more days off woo... Then just 68 more hours... the 16th of September cannot come fast enough

I stayed there last year, when we were going to The Late Late Show. Its gorgeous. Didnt have time to go to the spa but remember thinking wow!!! Enjoy yourselves xx

Paid off things i had on layaway today and then i ended up ordering the carseat and base to go with pram( i previously said i wasnt getting it) and paid off half of that. OH is not impressed so giving him the cold shoulder. I was having a nice, pain free and heartburn free day till i told him...

Just lying down and enjoying bean dancing... Will really think il miss the bump :-(

I stayed there last year, when we were going to The Late Late Show. Its gorgeous. Didnt have time to go to the spa but remember thinking wow!!! Enjoy yourselves xx

Paid off things i had on layaway today and then i ended up ordering the carseat and base to go with pram( i previously said i wasnt getting it) and paid off half of that. OH is not impressed so giving him the cold shoulder. I was having a nice, pain free and heartburn free day till i told him...

Just lying down and enjoying bean dancing... Will really think il miss the bump :-(

Yeah, I think I'll miss it too :( It's nice having him or her squiggling away in there

Meant to add as well... When your OH is back in work, and you are out and about with the nipper...well, it'll be you fiddling about with seatbelts etc trying to put a carseat into the back of the car in the miserable November weather, so tell him you've earned the base!! I bought one for that exact reason - cant be coping with messing about with seatbelts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

we got baby elegance beeb push char set of a friend but there was no base with it,can they be got seperatly as i dont want to be doing what the hassel either with the seat belts/p1ssing rain ect.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    we got baby elegance beeb push char set of a friend but there was no base with it,can they be got seperatly as i dont want to be doing what the hassel either with the seat belts/p1ssing rain ect.

What car seat is it? Is it a maxi cosi, or is it a baby elegance one?

Advertisement