Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

nikpmup wrote: »
    What car seat is it? Is it a maxi cosi, or is it a baby elegance one?
    its the baby elegance beep prob about 3 yrs old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Meant to add as well... When your OH is back in work, and you are out and about with the nipper...well, it'll be you fiddling about with seatbelts etc trying to put a carseat into the back of the car in the miserable November weather, so tell him you've earned the base!! I bought one for that exact reason - cant be coping with messing about with seatbelts.

That was one of my arguments! Also with my dodgy hip, i cant be bending/reaching over or running around to the other side..

He apologised and just said he wasnt thinking.... I have him out buying me ice cream now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Good woman :)

naughto wrote: »
    its the baby elegance beep prob about 3 yrs old

I'm not sure - your best bet would be to call into a baby elegance store and ask; I had a look on the website but it doesn't seem to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Bubs is having a right old party tonight. Fierce dancing going on. Have a feeling the slice of Oreo cheesecake I demolished might be slightly responsible :p I finally sent off my mat leave forms and had a chat with my boss so I'm feeling a bit better today even if I did sleep badly last night. Antenatal class tomorrow!

• Advertisement

The sugar definitely gets them going, doesn't it?!

The sugar definitely gets them going, doesn't it?!

Indeed it does!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Apples here.

He goes ape after I have one. :)

My little boy laid his head on my tummy today and said, "I love you all the time, Chip. Even when you sneeze, I still love you because you're my brother."

Sob, sob.

Ah jaysus. *explodes*

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Its amazing what kids do isnt it. My niece has told everyone in her creche that I have her baby in my belly and she doesnt run to give me kisses anymore, she kisses my belly instead. Then I was putting her to bed and in the corner of her room she had a load of her old toys and she told me she was keeping them there to share with the baby.. Shes only 3 haha!

• Advertisement

Madisson wrote: »
    Its amazing what kids do isnt it. My niece has told everyone in her creche that I have her baby in my belly and she doesnt run to give me kisses anymore, she kisses my belly instead. Then I was putting her to bed and in the corner of her room she had a load of her old toys and she told me she was keeping them there to share with the baby.. Shes only 3 haha!

Aww...my 3 yr old nephew does the same, runs up to me and says "oh, I didn't say hello to the baby!" and puts his head on my belly, to which I have to say in a muffled voice "hello Leo!" Adorably cute! Although he does draw the line when I suggest we give the baby one of his trains as a pressie ;) My nine yr old niece is very excited about the baby - she's felt a few kicks and she nearly danced with glee when she felt it :) She has four cousins, two on our side and two on her dads, but they all live overseas - she tells everyone who'll listen that she's getting a cousin who's going to live here!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

naughto wrote: »
    we got baby elegance beeb push char set of a friend but there was no base with it,can they be got seperatly as i dont want to be doing what the hassel either with the seat belts/p1ssing rain ect.

The lady from the RSA that came to our antenatal class last week said they don't recommend the bases for the first 6 weeks because the of the angle and the babies next strenght or something but you can buy the bases seperately.

this is the one made by babyelegance,

http://www.babyelegance.org/products/isofix

They only have the isofix one's so make sure your car is suitable, as some cars even newer ones aren't isofix compatible.

theres an info email and number on the above page, so you could give them a call just to confirm if that one is compatible with the beep.

:)

I got my beep twist yesterday, and a crib, and a baby "man carrier" for himself to carry around baby! I'm in a world of excitement.

The lady from the RSA that came to our antenatal class last week said they don't recommend the bases for the first 6 weeks because the of the angle and the babies next strenght or something but you can buy the bases seperately.

They only have the isofix one's so make sure your car is suitable, as some cars even newer ones aren't isofix compatible.

theres an info email and number on the above page, so you could give them a call just to confirm if that one is compatible with the beep.

I got my beep twist yesterday, and a crib, and a baby "man carrier" for himself to carry around baby! I'm in a world of excitement.

My OH bought a Stokke sling for himself at the baby show in the RDS in April! It was the first thing we bought :)

Ha is he very excited, my OH has been looking forward to getting one for about 6 months, when he spotted one of his buddies with one! I have a feeling it'll be like the fathers in "what to expect when your expecting" lol

Okay, so I'm beginning to freak out just a little...

I'm 36 weeks on Tuesday, as 37 weeks is considered a full term and pregnancies generally last between 37 and 42 weeks I'm all of a sudden a whole lot more aware how close le baby's arrival is...

I swear to god last night my braxton hicks were far more frequent than normal (all day yesterday) and then last night i had to go to bed because 1. i was sleep and thats where you go and 2. they were beginning to feel a little sore.

Now I was all calm in that, arah I know when I'm in labour my waters will break, but my sis-in-law advised me yesterday that her waters didn't so much as break but "dripped" and she never realized they'd broken at all.

Today I think I was feeling period esk cramps, however I could have been a. imagining it or b. over thinking the pains ie. could have been hungry.

As well as that, period pains/cramps well I'm only guessing as to what they feel like too because I'm that person whom has never had a period pain in their life, actually not exaggerating.

So I've the moses basket and crib made up (one for upstairs one for downstairs) labour ward bag packed, post natal ward bag packed and baby bag packed. "Spare bag" for if I end up having a section and require more things

Stirilizer has been added to my kitchen shelf and we've educated ourselves on how to use it, we can both fit le car seat and now im sitting here thinking "woo xfactors back and holy crap... are my waters going to break in work tomorrow"

Today getting up to go to the bathroom I could hear the baby humming "break on though to the other side" there was so much pressure on my pelvis!

/rant!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Trust me pudding, you'll know when you're in labour.

No harm being prepared though.

Yea it doesn't exactly sound like I'll cough and the baby will pop out but I'm getting nervous I guess... and very excited eeeeep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

bad period type pains here the last hour. Was doing a lot today overdid it I think.

We were told that too when we bought our travel system in Tony Kealys.

We had the ante natal course today. It was a long but interesting day. It addressed everything we had been wondering about. Made everything seem a bit more real!

I think it was the antenatal classes for me... so real now eeep

• Advertisement

bad period type pains here the last hour. Was doing a lot today overdid it I think.

Awh goucho cup of tea and a book now bit of rest would do wonders if say

Generational differences noticed today with my dad's visit.

OH won't allow me to lift the wash basket/bend down to the washing machine, so that's now his area...

Daddy cool got me to help him lift the lawn mower in and out of the van and was trying to convince me to go up the ladder to grab some wire cause my hands were smaller and they'd reach lol!

Just saw a trailer for TV3's autumn schedule, which includes Midwives - filmed in Holles Street. Do I watch or do I avoid like the plague?! I've seen posters up in Holles St saying there's filming going on at the minute, didn't realise it would be airing so soon.

Just saw a trailer for TV3's autumn schedule, which includes Midwives - filmed in Holles Street. Do I watch or do I avoid like the plague?! I've seen posters up in Holles St saying there's filming going on at the minute, didn't realise it would be airing so soon.

Don't know really. Thought I was being brave watching an episode of 'one born every minute' but I probably shouldn't have. Would probably be curious to see an Irish hospital though, especially if it was the one I was going to.

Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccine? One of the other girls from work who is due the week after me was told that it was recommended for all pregnant women but it hasn't been mentioned to me yet.

Saw that too and was wondering the exact same.

Ive been doing the garden and washing floors and windows all weekend. My back hurts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

So I've the moses basket and crib made up (one for upstairs one for downstairs) labour ward bag packed, post natal ward bag packed and baby bag packed. "Spare bag" for if I end up having a section and require more things

Heh, nesting :)

When you start cooking madly (and possibly picking up kittens in your teeth by the scruff of their neck), think about getting into a nice warm relaxing bath to ressssssst before the big push. It's not called 'labour' for nothing! Holding you both/all3 in the light!

Roesy wrote: »
    Don't know really. Thought I was being brave watching an episode of 'one born every minute' but I probably shouldn't have. Would probably be curious to see an Irish hospital though, especially if it was the one I was going to.

Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccine? One of the other girls from work who is due the week after me was told that it was recommended for all pregnant women but it hasn't been mentioned to me yet.

Have never heard anything about the whooping cough vaccine! I'll mention it at my next appointment.

Midwives starts on Wednesday.

Saw that too and was wondering the exact same.

Ive been doing the garden and washing floors and windows all weekend. My back hurts :(

Mine does too even though I've been doing nowt!

Mine does too even though I've been doing nowt!

Lying on the couch with a heat pack :)

• Advertisement

Lying on the couch with a heat pack :)

Gave up and took a paracetamol and went to bed - I neeeeed sleep!!

Advertisement