Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Finished packing my hospital bag tonight.

Had a bit of a moment over it!

My little boy is starting níonra tomorrow too. So emotional!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

nikpmup wrote: »
    Just saw a trailer for TV3's autumn schedule, which includes Midwives - filmed in Holles Street. Do I watch or do I avoid like the plague?! I've seen posters up in Holles St saying there's filming going on at the minute, didn't realise it would be airing so soon.

I cried watching the advert.... Can imagine what i will be like watching the full programme!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

So I managed three hours sleep before waking up with a sore back. Am currently sitting on my own on the couch with a hot water bottle and a turkey sandwich. Grrrr! Thank god I'm signed off work. If I had to get up in 4 and a half hours I'd cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

So I managed three hours sleep before waking up with a sore back. Am currently sitting on my own on the couch with a hot water bottle and a turkey sandwich. Grrrr! Thank god I'm signed off work. If I had to get up in 4 and a half hours I'd cry!

Ow, you poor thing! Think I'm just having a bout of insomnia :-( Its been happening pretty regularly since I got pregnant. I'm signed off too thankfully. Hope this whole taking it easy thing doesn't increase my bouts of middle of the night waking though!

Roesy wrote: »
    Ow, you poor thing! Think I'm just having a bout of insomnia :-( Its been happening pretty regularly since I got pregnant. I'm signed off too thankfully. Hope this whole taking it easy thing doesn't increase my bouts of middle of the night waking though!

I spent much of the night googling insomnia in pregnancy, making hot water bottles, getting into bed, getting out of bed, lying on the couch, walking around the house.... Grrr!! My sciatica was giving me gyp and my back was killing me as well; I'm hoping it is just one of those nights and I get some sleep later. I'm going to try to stay busy today and get an early night (cos that plan worked so well last night!!) Discovery home & health channel had baby shows on all night; they must know there's a pregnant insomniac audience!!!

• Advertisement

I spent much of the night googling insomnia in pregnancy, making hot water bottles, getting into bed, getting out of bed, lying on the couch, walking around the house.... Grrr!! My sciatica was giving me gyp and my back was killing me as well; I'm hoping it is just one of those nights and I get some sleep later. I'm going to try to stay busy today and get an early night (cos that plan worked so well last night!!) Discovery home & health channel had baby shows on all night; they must know there's a pregnant insomniac audience!!!

Thankfully for me I only seem to go through patches of where I wake for hours. Most other nights its just waking regularly but falling back to sleep pretty fast. At the antenatal course the midwife said there wasn't really much you can do unfortunately other than the usuals; warm bath before bed, milky drink or chamomile tea and trying to be as relaxed as possible before going to sleep.

Bleedin knackered today. Legs and back still sore. Want the good painkillers. Actually, want it to be Oct 30th and to not be pregnant anymore... I always feel like a whinging fraud when I complain about pregnancy symptoms, it took me over a decade to actually get pregnant and there was a period of time when I thought I would be childless...... But this is is hard work! I just want the baby now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Help!! I actually think its trying to get out my bellybutton,,,, stomach is up and down like I dunno what and seriously feel like Im going to wee my pants (TMI I know LOL)

Lol, I know the feeling.... It's like they are punching down into your nether region!! My OH likens the belly movements to the scene in Alien where John Hurt's stomach explodes!

Lol, I know the feeling.... It's like they are punching down into your nether region!! My OH likens the belly movements to the scene in Alien where John Hurt's stomach explodes!

HAHAHA Oh god if only it wasn't so uncomfy!! In November we might find it as hilarious as they do.
    At least Im not alone, my god it is uncomfortable though... reckon the bump must be running out of space or something, the studio apartment that is my womb no longer satisfies it:p

• Advertisement

HAHAHA Oh god if only it wasn't so uncomfy!! In November we might find it as hilarious as they do.
    At least Im not alone, my god it is uncomfortable though... reckon the bump must be running out of space or something, the studio apartment that is my womb no longer satisfies it:p

I'm finding that I'm getting digs not only in the front, but around the side and back near my hipbone - it feels like I'm getting a little finger poking into my hip. So sore!

I'm a major grump bag today, not even the thought of breaking bad is cheering me up. I'm so friggin tired, and my hip/leg/back is still killing me; I fear another sleepless night is on the cards!

I'm finding that I'm getting digs not only in the front, but around the side and back near my hipbone - it feels like I'm getting a little finger poking into my hip. So sore!

I'm a major grump bag today, not even the thought of breaking bad is cheering me up. I'm so friggin tired, and my hip/leg/back is still killing me; I fear another sleepless night is on the cards!

Have you tried Physio nikpmup? Did a couple of sessions a few weeks ago and that and the Pilates helped my hip, back and sciatica no end. Have to give the Pilates class a break at least until I go back to the consultant so I've booked a Physio session for thurs because my knee and back are starting to grumble again the last couple of days. I blame the full day of sitting at the antenatal class Saturday.

major grump bag here too, no sleep, no appetitie, and now its little footloose session... this baby has an evil side to it for sure.

15 days of work to go...If I don't go into labour in work itl be a miracle.

Baby Chip has dropped low today. The blouse I was wearing yesterday is unwearable today as the bottom of my tummy is hanging out.

Constant need to pee and I'm finally waddling like a proper preggo.

I blame the huge walk I had on Saturday.

The baby seems pissed off with the situation too.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Baby Chip has dropped low today. The blouse I was wearing yesterday is unwearable today as the bottom of my tummy is hanging out.

Constant need to pee and I'm finally waddling like a proper preggo.

I blame the huge walk I had on Saturday.

The baby seems pissed off with the situation too.

when are you due? I was wondering will I notice when it drops or not.

when are you due? I was wondering will I notice when it drops or not.

5 weeks. There was no drop at all on my first.

Most people say that their ribs finally get a break in exchange for the horrible groin pressure. My ribs didn't get it at all yet. Babies can engage and disengage on subsequent pregnancies apparently. Hope so!

lol so these are the options, groin pressure or rib kicking, yay ;)

getting near now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Im finding sitting at my desk is so sore cause the baby seems to be lodged in my ribs.

I'll take the ribs, please! I would not appreciate any groin goings-on!! :P

I'm carrying quite high, as in my bump is up off my pubic area; the problem is I have a load of loose skin from losing weight; it's all kind of dangling off the bottom of my bump!! Sexy!! :P

Have you tried Physio nikpmup? Did a couple of sessions a few weeks ago and that and the Pilates helped my hip, back and sciatica no end. Have to give the Pilates class a break at least until I go back to the consultant so I've booked a Physio session for thurs because my knee and back are starting to grumble again the last couple of days. I blame the full day of sitting at the antenatal class Saturday.

Think I'm going to have to have physio, my leg and butt is still throbbing, I can't get comfortable at all.

• Advertisement

Im with you on ribs..... any bit of anything in my groin and Im convinced Im in labour!

last night I did give out to it, it was having great craic kicking my bladder and successfully maken sure I got no sleep.

Oh yes, baba has been called a few choice names today!!

Bring men to 1 ante natal class an they think their a qualified midwife or something... frustrating!!!!

Ah jaysis lads. In bits today and had the worst luck all day.

Cuddles and a good cry can only go so far. I can't wait to draw a line under the day.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Ah jaysis lads. In bits today and had the worst luck all day.

Cuddles and a good cry can only go so far. I can't wait to draw a line under the day.

:(:( Chin up, ducky x

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Hate days like that das kitty. Chin up xx

Aww Das! hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Was starving for my lovely steak, salad and baked potato and then stuffed after about 6 bites. Oh stomach, why do you play these tricks on me :-( Bet I'll be hungry again in half an hour.

Aww Das! hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Was starving for my lovely steak, salad and baked potato and then stuffed after about 6 bites. Oh stomach, why do you play these tricks on me :-( Bet I'll be hungry again in half an hour.

I'm bloody starving too, late dinner tonight cos we were busy all day... I WILL be going back for seconds (and thirds, and fourths!)

Same here, starving and then cant eat!!

So ladies when are we all done in work?? I think I am in major countdown mode now.

• Advertisement

Same here, starving and then cant eat!!

So ladies when are we all done in work?? I think I am in major countdown mode now.

I'm done now, got signed off by consultant on Thursday and told take it easy. Should have been there for another 6 weeks!

Advertisement