Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm already done :) I'm off sick, officially I'm not on maternity leave until the second week in October but I'm not going back :)

I had a minor panic last night about the fact that d-day is closing in! I had back pain, it was coming in waves, and the thought fleetingly crossed my mind, what if I'm in early labour.... My hospital bag is about as organised as the rest of my life, which is to say - not very! Must sort it out for once and for all this week, set my mind at ease!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

aww I am so jealous that you guys are done already!!
    Do you get paid if your out on sick leave??.... Idea creeping in, Im struggling A LOT to keep going to work

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Just 3 more weeks for me and its going ok at the moment thank god! Energy levels are good as are my mood swings!! Not looking forward to surviving on €262 a week but I'm sure I will manage.

Just 3 more weeks for me and its going ok at the moment thank god! Energy levels are good as are my mood swings!! Not looking forward to surviving on €262 a week but I'm sure I will manage.

yea 3 weeks here too...id say as brutal as the energy levels are, the moods are way worse. The slightest thing and the bitchiness emerges.. I blame the baby, its so catty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Do you get paid if your out on sick leave??.... Idea creeping in, Im struggling A LOT to keep going to work

We get paid for sick leave alright. Would have been a struggle otherwise. Really thought I'd be there until October 11th as planned. One of the parents was asking how I was and did I have long left. Was telling her I grand and had six more weeks and ended up gone the next day! Probably better for my class in the long run I suppose, not to have to get a new teacher after 6 weeks.

• Advertisement

I do, but it does depend on your company whether sick leave is paid or not. My sister was off sick for months on her last pregnancy and only got the social welfare payment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I got my section date today, scary stuff! Not telling anyone as I want to be calm and relaxed going in !! I couldnt do that if my family or inlaws were outside in the waiting room! I cant say it here either as too many people know on here!!

Bean is weighing 4 Pound 13!

Its getting a bit real now!

I got my section date today, scary stuff! Not telling anyone as I want to be calm and relaxed going in !! I couldnt do that if my family or inlaws were outside in the waiting room! I cant say it here either as too many people know on here!!

Bean is weighing 4 Pound 13!

Its getting a bit real now!

:eek: scary stuff! But at least you know the date, I think my OH is going to lose his hair when we get to the "will it be tonight?" stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Ha I think the same. When I say to my OH it's time to go to the hospital he may pass out!!

Ha I think the same. When I say to my OH it's time to go to the hospital he may pass out!!

Hehe :-) OH is panicking since, but I think he has to get it out of his system!! At least il have some motivation to get everything done!!

I want to have 1 last romantic night with him before bean comes :-) it sounds corny but sure feck it ;-)

• Advertisement

No panics set in here yet, I think we both somehow think its going to come as planned on the due date ... we really are in denial. Don't even have the bag packed yet.
    Will be looking into this longer term sick leave though.

Hehe :-) OH is panicking since, but I think he has to get it out of his system!! At least il have some motivation to get everything done!!

I want to have 1 last romantic night with him before bean comes :-) it sounds corny but sure feck it ;-)

Yeah, we'd love to have a night in a really nice hotel, spend hours having a lie in, and, er, cuddling ;) We're very aware that the days of sumptuous lie-ins are numbered!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Currently lying awake in the stillorgan park hotel...

Either I pi55ed myself or my waters broke. This was accompanied by a mucua plug (fyi gross)
    Also getting a slightly painful cramping sensation every 15 mins lasting 45 seconds ish.

36 weeks yesterday.
    I believe either there's a lot of coincidence or stuffs getting real...
    Wish I brought my bags to Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Either I pi55ed myself or my waters broke. This was accompanied by a mucua plug (fyi gross)
    Also getting a slightly painful cramping sensation every 15 mins lasting 45 seconds ish.

36 weeks yesterday.

Call the hospital for advice. Never mind about the bag - someone can bring it to you.

It's kind of exciting! Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

36 weeks yesterday.

Sounds like something could be happening! Good luck and let us know how you are :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

nikpmup wrote: »
    Yeah, we'd love to have a night in a really nice hotel, spend hours having a lie in, and, er, cuddling ;) We're very aware that the days of sumptuous lie-ins are numbered!!

They're not. They'll just be rarer for a few years.

Also, last time we tried "cuddling" it was awkward and annoying :(

36 weeks yesterday.

Good luck! Sounds like things are happening! Hope you got someone to ferry your bag up for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Either I pi55ed myself or my waters broke. This was accompanied by a mucua plug (fyi gross)'

36 weeks yesterday.

Soo exciting, good luck with everything :D

Ooh Puddinghead!! Could you be our first mama on the thread?!! Exciting stuff!! Dying to hear, will be glued to boards!!

Das Kitty, the aul cuddling has been fairly consistent throughout (with some accommodations made for the belly!) so I'm hopeful it'll continue! The 4-6 week cuddling hiatus after the birth will be a challenge for himself ;)

Oh Puddinghead!! This could be it xxx

Ah nikpmup!!! Making me jealous here!! We tried "cuddling" last week and the pain was too much. I really miss it though, cant imagine what hes like, but try to make it up to him in other ways ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

a mini pudding on the way hopefully.
    i am sooooo over work but finished up tomorrow forthnight so not too long to go.
    went for a little walk last night and thought the baby was gonna drop out at one point. my fella thought he'd have to carry me back to the car.
    bags are packed(i feel theres at least one unpack and re pack left in me though) and the 'to do' list for mr monday is getting longer. i added clean the oven to it yesterday. :P

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Das Kitty, the aul cuddling has been fairly consistent throughout (with some accommodations made for the belly!) so I'm hopeful it'll continue! The 4-6 week cuddling hiatus after the birth will be a challenge for himself ;)

Was like that last time. This time it's been awful. :(

Ah well. It's a relatively short space of time in a person's lifetime.

Tell your OH about those of us who have been pretty much the full nine months on hiatus and he won't feel as sorry for himself. :P

. i added clean the oven to it yesterday. :P

Dont start me on the oven. I bought oven pride a few weeks ago for oh, and its still in the box to do.... Grrr id do it myself only il be in bits from bending and its meant to be very strong so dont want to be breathing it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

this is my last full day in work woooohoooo :) off tomorrow and friday, half days mon,tues and wed and then my gp is signing me off yaaaay im soo happy. cant wait to start properly cleaning the house. ive been going mad at the weekends trying to get it all done but now i have time to do it bit by bit.... EXCITEMENT hahaha.. what has my life become

Dont start me on the oven. I bought oven pride a few weeks ago for oh, and its still in the box to do.... Grrr id do it myself only il be in bits from bending and its meant to be very strong so dont want to be breathing it in!

http://www.pigsty.ie/search/oven-cleaning/waterford/all

You're welcome. :)

I don't think I'll ever clean my own oven again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

i asked OH yesterday how he was getting on with the list. he's leaving things,like the oven, as late as possible. his theory is that the later he does it now the longer it will be till he has to do it again after the baby arrives.

Madisson wrote: »
    this is my last full day in work woooohoooo :) off tomorrow and friday, half days mon,tues and wed and then my gp is signing me off yaaaay im soo happy. cant wait to start properly cleaning the house. ive been going mad at the weekends trying to get it all done but now i have time to do it bit by bit.... EXCITEMENT hahaha.. what has my life become

I know the feeling, before my GP signed me off, I didn't really have much in the way of free time between now and the due date - now I have the luxury of time to get everything done. Just as well, we've been really busy, OH's mum has been in hospital all week and will be going into a nursing home for a fortnight to recuperate; when she gets out of the nursing home she's going to need a lot of help.

I feel like I've an endless list of tasks, our bedroom needs pulling apart and putting back together, the spare room is full of junk, the cot is bought but not assembled, no mattress bought for it either, the hospital bags need serious attention..... I've a feeling this kid will be sleeping in a shoebox for a week or two :P

i asked OH yesterday how he was getting on with the list. he's leaving things,like the oven, as late as possible. his theory is that the later he does it now the longer it will be till he has to do it again after the baby arrives.

Procrastination disguised as practicality! My OH's speciality! If it was up to him we'd go out the week the baby is due and buy everything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

We've been very inconsistent with the cuddling of late :(

Best of luck Puddinghead! Am I right in thinking you are a fellow CUMH mammy?

I'm very impressed with myself. Got to bed around 10.45 and only woke once during the night and once when himself went to work but fell back to sleep both times. Only awake since 9.30!

How's the bump today Das?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    http://www.pigsty.ie/search/oven-cleaning/waterford/all

You're welcome. :)

I don't think I'll ever clean my own oven again. :D

Wowser :-) thank you !!!

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    How's the bump today Das?

Much better. Baby has gone back into his usual groove and is no longer killing me. Also the number work problems has gone down dramatically. Mostly to do with the fact that they won't have a particular thing fixed until after I go on maternity leave. Ah well!

Advertisement