Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Im working on the reception in my office for the day cause we have no staff in today eughhhh... the smell of stale smoke from people coming in is disgusting. I know im partial to the odd ciggy but jayyyysus these people smell disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I know posting here is THE last thing on her mind, but I am soooo dying to hear how Puddinghead is getting on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    I know posting here is THE last thing on her mind, but I am soooo dying to hear how Puddinghead is getting on!!

I know! She's popped into my head a few times today now.

Have an annoying headache and am wrecked tired despite sleeping so well last night. Also, thought I was back with the midwife today and planned my day accordingly only to discover I'm not back until tomorrow.

Had the worst day ever in work, so stressful! Off work for tomorrow and friday so going to the gp on fri morning to be signed off ahhhh :D

Had the worst day ever in work, so stressful! Off work for tomorrow and friday so going to the gp on fri morning to be signed off ahhhh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Madisson wrote: »

were dropping like flies ;), I plan on getting signed off Monday.
    Any of ye struggling to walk? I mean very short distances very slowly, I am having to stop in agony every few minutes.

Anyone watching Midwives on Tv3? Can't decide whether to turn over.

Any of ye struggling to walk? I mean very short distances very slowly, I am having to stop in agony every few minutes.

Im the same. Im lying on the couch with a heat pack on my back. Its so sore :(

Roesy wrote: »

watching here,.,... have a feeling its going to terrify me

Yep! Waddling like a duck, if I walk too fast the bottom and sides of my bump hurt and I get breathless very quickly. I also get backache. It's funny, when I got signed off I had a big dose of the guilts, but thinking about it over the last few days - there's no way in hell I'd manage two or three back to back 13 hr shifts. I'd be in bits. I went to the blanchardstown centre for an hour or so today to pick up a few bits (boots has 3for2 on all baby stuff) and by the time I got home, I was wrecked - sore, knackered and just fit for the sofa.

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »

Watched it - it wasn't too scary tbh. My sister had two kids there, she'll fill me in on anything they don't tell me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Best of luck pudding head dying to hear how things are going, first baby of the board perhaps!!
    Very exciting but it's scared the crap put of me to go get some baby stuff and the bits for the hospital bag sorted! I have a very long list of things to do and get and definitely running out of energy for proper shopping! Went to blanchardstown myself the other day to try and get some things but ran out of energy and had to head home. Feeling very sore around pubic bone if I walk around much or am on my feet for long a lot of pressure down there!. Defo not able for long walks anymore.
    3 more weeks in work and 5 weeks til due date flying by!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I have total highs and lows. Scorching around town on my lunch break and bouncing around work feeling marvelous....then slow duck like movements when it feels like there are seventeen people inside me. I'd say I'll be in work right up my official maternity start [two weeks before due date]. I prefer to be out and about. It did occur to me today that if I go two weeks overdue, that's a whole month of maternity leave gone before the baby even arrives. That would be awful!

I do dread going to bed though, lying down is incredibly uncomfortable. I've finally made the move to the spare bed, which is much firmer than our own and Im getting a half decent night sleep again.

Anyone bouncing on an exercise ball? Its nice and comfy even just to balance on it. I was on it for while this evening and man I can feel baby's head really pressing down after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Well hello ladies,

Well first of all I feel back to sleep last night so grand.
    Woke up damp at 8 and we drove back to Cork... I started getting cramping like pains by ohhh urlingford lol.

We drove to our house rather than the hospital and when these strange pains were 5 or so mins apart I said we'll go check it out.

Still not believing I was in labour by the by. Got to the emergency room in the cumh was seen straight away. Was told by one doctor that there was no evidence I was in labour.

A midwife then examined me, 3cm dialated...

Off to the labour Ward had me some epidural (fair play to anyone who goes without) and my beautiful son was born a mere 2 hours later. Weighing 4lbs and 8oz and heres the best part.
    Not in neonatal cause he's perfectly healthy just tiny...
    So I'm a fraud to this thread. 27 days early lol.

He's the cutest pudding I've ever seen

Well hello ladies,

Woke up damp at 8 and we drove back to Cork... I started getting cramping like pains by ohhh urlingford lol.

We drove to our house rather than the hospital and when these strange pains were 5 or so mins apart I said we'll go check it out.

Still not believing I was in labour by the by. Got to the emergency room in the cumh was seen straight away. Was told by one doctor that there was no evidence I was in labour.

Off to the labour Ward had me some epidural (fair play to anyone who goes without) and my beautiful son was born a mere 2 hours later. Weighing 4lbs and 8oz and heres the best part.

Congratulations Puddinghead! Was wondering would you make it back to Cork.

Knew two nights sleep in a row was a fluke. Very uncomfortable tonight. Managed an hour and a half and now I'm wide awake :( Getting the most annoying non painful spasms in my foot and leg too. Baby was having a quieter day today and the minute I got to bed started going mad.

Well hello ladies,

Yay!!! Our first thread baby!! Many, many congratulations Mr & Mrs Pudding and welcome to the world baby Pud!! I'm so thrilled for you xxx

(You've put the heart crossways on me though - myself and OH were thinking of heading down to inchydoney for a couple of nights R&R, but after reading your story - I think we'll be sticking a little closer to home :P)

Roesy, I'm awake since 5am with sciatica, my leg is throbbing. I've to be on a bus at 7.15am anyway to go to a hospital appointment. The next 8 weeks can't go in quick enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Well hello ladies,

Huge congrats on the little pudding, so very exciting!

You'll be our honorary october mammy :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congrats Pudding!

I was wondering if he'd need neonatal all right. So glad he didn't.

I had zero doubt you were in labour. :)

Hospital appointment today. I have a cold and have been sweating like a banabh all night. Yeuch!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Congratulations Pudding!! So exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

congrats pudding. :)

• Advertisement

1st October -- PuddingHead -- Surprise -- CUMH - boy (born 4th September)
    3rd October -- livinsane -- Surprise -- CUMH
    3rd October -- monday monday -- Surprise -- Holles St
    5th October -- Das Kitty -- Boy -- UCHG [Section date: 30th Sept]
    7th October -- Wooha -- Boy -- CUMH
    10th October -- groucho marx -- Surprise -- ?
    10th October -- Knock13 -- Surprise -- ?
    11th October -- freudiangirl -- Surprise -- CUMH
    13th October -- trinz23 -- Surprise -- ?
    14th October -- schoolhouse -- Surprise -- Cavan
    18th October -- inlikeflynn86 -- Surprise -- WRH
    20th October -- naughto's misses -- Surprise -- ?
    22nd October -- Madisson -- Girl -- ?
    26th October -- DoctorBoo -- Surprise -- ?
    27th October -- Roesy -- Surprise -- CUMH
    30th October -- nikpmup -- Surprise -- Holles St
    30th October -- chicita -- Surprise -- Limerick

Figured we might as well start keeping track now that our first 'October' baby has arrived. So exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Congratulations puddinghead, so lovely to hear. He really wanted to get out! Great that neo natal not required. Hope ye get home nice and fast.

Congrats pudding head :D he must be swimming in all the new born clothes :D glad it all turned out well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Massive congratulations puddinghead xxx

So delighted for you xx

Soooo.... I probably have gestational diabetes!!

Had a glucose challenge test this morning, it came back as 10.5 - the normal is around 6 I believe. I've to go back in tomorrow for a glucose tolerance test; it'll show whether I have diabetes or not. I reckoned I was a shoe-in for it, both my sisters had it on all of their pregnancies. It can lead to big babies - my nephew was 10lbs! :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Had a glucose challenge test this morning, it came back as 10.5 - the normal is around 6 I believe. I've to go back in tomorrow for a glucose tolerance test; it'll show whether I have diabetes or not. I reckoned I was a shoe-in for it, both my sisters had it on all of their pregnancies. It can lead to big babies - my nephew was 10lbs! :eek:

Jaysus that's late for the test. I thought they were supposed to do it between 24 and 28 weeks.

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Make sure to bring a book!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Jaysus that's late for the test. I thought they were supposed to do it between 24 and 28 weeks.

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Make sure to bring a book!

I thought that too; they never mentioned it until today. I will definitely bring a book, I remember my sister attending the diabetes clinic, snooze-o-rama!

Thats feckin mad that they didnt do it untill now! Eugh, I feel your pain, I was a 10 pounder, im hoping it doesnt follow that my baby will be :/

Congrats Puddinghead!!! Delighted for ya :)

I thought mine was going to come out under the desk in work today, was squirming around like it was ready to get out.
    didn't pluck up the courage to go get signed off work yet, will be doing though, today was not good and they are definitely trying to get the last drops out of me before I go.

• Advertisement

Baby is being quite sedate yesterday and today. I'm feeling some movement/little flickers rather than the usual big kicks, punches and rolls that I've gotten used to. I'm trying to reassure myself that bubs has just changed position. Had the midwife Thursday and my blood pressure and the heartbeat were fine. I'm just afraid I'm being hyper about it because of yesterday being a very emotional day for me. It was that day last year I had my miscarriage. Sometimes wish I had a little window in my bump to see what's going on in there!

Advertisement