Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Roesy wrote: »
    Baby is being quite sedate yesterday and today. I'm feeling some movement/little flickers rather than the usual big kicks, punches and rolls that I've gotten used to. I'm trying to reassure myself that bubs has just changed position. Had the midwife Thursday and my blood pressure and the heartbeat were fine. I'm just afraid I'm being hyper about it because of yesterday being a very emotional day for me. It was that day last year I had my miscarriage. Sometimes wish I had a little window in my bump to see what's going on in there!

i think bubs is just getting bigger and has less to move around. But if your worried get it checked out.

I miscarried on my birthday last year and going by the due date, i would have a 12 week old baby now. The pain never goes away. I wont be looking forward to my birthday this year but at least bean will be here and itl be easier.

Hope your ok Roesy xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Thanks inlikeflynn. Think yesterday nearly was worse than the due date for me. This little bub had me worried enough to ring the hospital and they said it was good that I was feeling some movement and that I was to lie on my left side and have a sugary drink or coffee. Had a coffee and lay down for a bit and felt a couple of more decent ones thankfully. I had tried that earlier with a can of San Pellegrino lemon but maybe it wasn't sugary enough because I didn't really get much of a reaction to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hugs Roesy and inlikeflynn x I can't imagine how devastating a miscarriage is - my sister had 9 of them in between trying to conceive her 2 girls, it nearly finished her. I will always admire her determination at carrying on, and getting pregnant again and again in the hope one would stick. It was really tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

1st October -- PuddingHead -- Surprise -- CUMH - boy (born 4th September)
    3rd October -- livinsane -- Surprise -- CUMH
    3rd October -- monday monday -- Surprise -- Holles St
    5th October -- Das Kitty -- Boy -- UCHG [Section date: 30th Sept]
    7th October -- Wooha -- Boy -- CUMH
    10th October -- groucho marx -- Surprise -- ?
    10th October -- Knock13 -- Surprise -- ?
    11th October -- freudiangirl -- Surprise -- CUMH
    13th October -- trinz23 -- Surprise -- ?
    14th October -- schoolhouse -- Surprise -- Cavan
    18th October -- inlikeflynn86 -- Surprise -- WRH
    20th October -- naughto's misses -- Surprise -- MGH
    22nd October -- Madisson -- Girl -- ?
    26th October -- DoctorBoo -- Surprise -- ?
    27th October -- Roesy -- Surprise -- CUMH
    30th October -- nikpmup -- Surprise -- Holles St
    30th October -- chicita -- Surprise -- Limerick

nikpmup wrote: »
    Hugs Roesy and inlikeflynn x I can't imagine how devastating a miscarriage is - my sister had 9 of them in between trying to conceive her 2 girls, it nearly finished her. I will always admire her determination at carrying on, and getting pregnant again and again in the hope one would stick. It was really tough.

9! I can't imagine the pain and upheaval she went through. One is bad enough. She must be a very strong lady.

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    9! I can't imagine the pain and upheaval she went through. One is bad enough. She must be a very strong lady.

She's a very determined lady! They were all early mc's, around the 8/9 weeks mark - on the the two pregnancies that 'stuck', she was treated with hormone injections; she's angry that they wouldn't prescribe the injections for her for all the pregnancies, but now that she has her two beautiful girls she's philosophical about it. It was tough for her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

some support at home really wouldn't go astray. The form is not good today, not good at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

some support at home really wouldn't go astray. The form is not good today, not good at all.

Hope your ok xx

:( ((hugs))

Thanks ladies. Just wasn't getting any help today so did too much and ended up hurting my stomach.
    some days it feels like I dont have a partner, upsetting.

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies. Just wasn't getting any help today so did too much and ended up hurting my stomach.
    some days it feels like I dont have a partner, upsetting.

There's an easy cure for that - don't do anything for him! Cook your dinner and not his, wash your clothes and not his, etc etc.... He'll VERY quickly cop on!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Urgh.

My three year old had the worst night's sleep. Wet his bed around half four, then woke up screaming from a nightmare at 6. We had to bring him into our bed and he fell asleep holding my hand. I ended up cancelling my alarm for work as I hadn't been asleep since 4.30.

Poor lad.

Poor mama.

Daddy got a good oul rest though!

How are you lovely ladies (and naughto)?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Urgh.

My three year old had the worst night's sleep. Wet his bed around half four, then woke up screaming from a nightmare at 6. We had to bring him into our bed and he fell asleep holding my hand. I ended up cancelling my alarm for work as I hadn't been asleep since 4.30.

Poor lad.

Poor mama.

Daddy got a good oul rest though!

How are you lovely ladies (and naughto)?

Yuk, poor wee lad, not fun. I hate having to get through a day with no sleep. :(

I have a very stuffy cold and am trying hard not to feel sorry for myself. Have my antenatal class at 11am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Monday morning and not having to go to work... BLISS

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

in work and losing the will to live. i'm tempted to take a half day, half asleep at my desk. but i'm trying to keep all my annual leave for post baby. feel like crying. just want to crawl into bed.

in work and losing the will to live. i'm tempted to take a half day, half asleep at my desk. but i'm trying to keep all my annual leave for post baby. feel like crying. just want to crawl into bed.

My boss told me I had to take a weeks annual leave the week before my ML started, but now that I'm certed off, I'll be able to claim it back at the end.... Would a trip to the doc be in order?!!

My boss told me I had to take a weeks annual leave the week before my ML started, but now that I'm certed off, I'll be able to claim it back at the end.... Would a trip to the doc be in order?!!

i didn't really want to get signed off. was at the docs last week and she asked me a good few questions about work, it was like she was just waiting for me to ask her to be signed off.
    theres nothing major wrong with me. i'm not sick as such. just tired, fed up and uncomfortable sitting at the desk all day.

i didn't really want to get signed off. was at the docs last week and she asked me a good few questions about work, it was like she was just waiting for me to ask her to be signed off.
    theres nothing major wrong with me. i'm not sick as such. just tired, fed up and uncomfortable sitting at the desk all day.

That's good enough for me! My doc was adamant that tiredness was reason enough, and while I would normally baulk at taking unnecessary sick leave, I jumped at it - they've had 12 years out of me, and I've taken very little sick leave in that time. Time for me and baba to take it easy :)

That's good enough for me! My doc was adamant that tiredness was reason enough, and while I would normally baulk at taking unnecessary sick leave, I jumped at it - they've had 12 years out of me, and I've taken very little sick leave in that time. Time for me and baba to take it easy :)

i've taken 3 sick days during the pregnancy. got cert for 3 days. you're almost made feel guilty if you're off sick. i'll probably stick it out but whinge and moan the whole way through. make everyone else miserable while i'm at it. :D

i've taken 3 sick days during the pregnancy. got cert for 3 days. you're almost made feel guilty if you're off sick. i'll probably stick it out but whinge and moan the whole way through. make everyone else miserable while i'm at it. :D

I've developed a remarkably thick skin with regards to the barbed comments from my boss about being out sick :D fúckit, not my problem who covers my shift - I've covered for other girls who were out sick or on mat leave plenty, it's my turn :)

Just back from my first antenatal class, it went well - there was a physio there who gave great tips on exercises to stretch tired backs and cramped ribs.
    Also got results of my GTT - I'm not diabetic!! Big sigh of relief!

• Advertisement

Changing bag arrived today-yay!

Got a phone call from occupational health today. Apparently all pregnancy related sick leave is referred to them. Lady was very nice but I felt like I was trying to justify my consultants decision to sign me off to her :mad:

Went to the supermarket to pick up a couple of bits for dinner. On the way out a couple of idiot teenage boys made a comment about the size of me. Felt like crap after it. Was tempted to say something to them but these days one of two things would have happened, I either would have lost the head in the most monumental fashion or started crying! Its funny, I've spent the last few days feeling a bit paranoid over the size of my bump. Everyone seems to be very, very surprised that I am as far along as I am. Feeling a bit irrational, people thinking I'm too small upsets me, people thinking I'm big upsets me :rolleyes:

Roesy, the OT's job is to make sure they did all they could to allow you to continue work. They have to assess in case you make a liability claim later down the line against them.

Don't worry, your consultant knows best. All the OT wanted to hear was that it had nothing to do with working conditions.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Roesy, the OT's job is to make sure they did all they could to allow you to continue work. They have to assess in case you make a liability claim later down the line against them.

Don't worry, your consultant knows best. All the OT wanted to hear was that it had nothing to do with working conditions.

To be honest it didn't even occur to me to think about it that way Das. My old friend logic, how I miss you! Think I'm having a bit of a hormental day. To be fair there haven't been too many of those(yet!!!)

Ah rosey, sorry to hear about those idiots at the supermarket!! Muppets. Im so sick of men in particular staring at my stomach........ so rude!!

I think Im going to have to be signed off work, so sore to walk any distance at all now, today was a bad day. Feeling guilty though.

I'm a tired bunny today. Woke after a nightmare at around 3.30 then baby decided to have a looooonng gymnastics session. It was after 5 before I got back to sleep. Even my current trick of reading a couple of chapters of Andy McNabb didn't send me back off. Up again since 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Aww rosey don't mind those idiots! Just think in a few weeks you will have a beautiful baby in your arms. When the major list of things to do start getting to me I just think of that and it makes me smile.

We did our antenatal course on sat and it made it all seem so near, so excited to meet bump now! Terrified too but at least I know all the pain relief options now.

Last time I went to doctor told her I was shattered and she very reluctantly gave me a sick note for 2 days so no way she would give me one for 2 weeks! Just have to waddle thru the next 2 weeks!

Ive had nothing back on my maternity benefit application form. Did you guys get confirmation that yeres is processed?

Ive had nothing back on my maternity benefit application form. Did you guys get confirmation that yeres is processed?

Nope. But I was late applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

U dont normally get anything back, u will get a letter to confirm how much you'll be getting a week before youre due to start :)

• Advertisement

Madisson wrote: »
    U dont normally get anything back, u will get a letter to confirm how much you'll be getting a week before youre due to start :)

That's the letter I haven't got.

I only got the one confirming the dates saying they'd be back to me with the level. Shur it'll be graaand.

Advertisement