Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Das Kitty wrote: »
    That's the letter I haven't got.

I only got the one confirming the dates saying they'd be back to me with the level. Shur it'll be graaand.

Ye sometimes people get one or the other. That section is ridiculously busy so sometimes u just wont know whats going on untill u start getting paid! It'll be graaaaaaaand!!!

That vhi ad came on there about the pregnant woman 'when youre in hospital worried about your husband and tiny baby'.... I always laugh at it... After giving birth why the hell would u be worrying about your husband... The poor chap might not get his 5 a day when youre in hospital? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I've only had the letter confirming my dates too. That said, my form was a little late going in too. I'm assuming I'll hear something sooner rather than later is there is a problem with my application.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I was worried about mine. Going home to an empty house without us. It was so sad!

Won't be empty this time though!

I was worried about mine. Going home to an empty house without us. It was so sad!

Won't be empty this time though!

That was kind of in my head too. First night my husband will spend by himself in this house will be when I'm in having the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I just got a letter confirming dates, hopefully will get the other letter soon.

I hope I have the baby in the daytime - I'd hate it if my OH had to leave the hospital a few hours after the birth and go home alone :( If I give birth during the day he can stay until 9pm that evening. Although I'd say he's had it up to his neck with hospitals, his mam is still in hospital and he's been in to see her every day. Getting out today hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I got my letter confirming dates and heard no more so I rang yesterday and she said they will be getting to Octobers applicants in about a week but it will be sorted when I go on maternity leave.
    I hope I have the baby during the day during the week.Less visitors then :-) And I'm sure baby will comply with my demands wont s/he??? haha.
    Actually think I had a bit of a show last night. It was very (TMI alert) mucousy but no blood? No pains or anything but I made sure my OH knows where the hospital bag is incase I need him to meet me at the hospital!

I got my letter confirming dates and heard no more so I rang yesterday and she said they will be getting to Octobers applicants in about a week but it will be sorted when I go on maternity leave.
    I hope I have the baby during the day during the week.Less visitors then :-) And I'm sure baby will comply with my demands wont s/he??? haha.
    Actually think I had a bit of a show last night. It was very (TMI alert) mucousy but no blood? No pains or anything but I made sure my OH knows where the hospital bag is incase I need him to meet me at the hospital!

It's now getting to the stage where anything could happen, isn't it?! I was talking to a friend yesterday, she reminded me that she had her daughter six weeks early.... Quick count in my head..... Er, that's NOW!!! I am so not ready!! And after puddingheads good news.... We've been mega busy with his mam etc so I'm going to make it a priority this week to get the hospital bag ready, the bedroom sorted and the other bits and bobs organised. Then I can relax a bit.

Yeah the show can be coming for a while. I don't remember a lot of blood in mine. I do remember that the consistency was like
    jellyfish
    once it got going.
    You could grab it.

I said no visitors in the hospital. It was definitely a good idea when I was trying to learn breastfeeding. I just had my husband and the grandparents dropped by a bit.

Yeah the show can be coming for a while. I don't remember a lot of blood in mine. I do remember that the consistency was like
    jellyfish
    once it got going.
    You could grab it.

I said no visitors in the hospital. It was definitely a good idea when I was trying to learn breastfeeding. I just had my husband and the grandparents dropped by a bit.

Holles st only allows grandparents - my sister is going mad, she's dying to meet the baba (as is my niece!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Ive had nothing back on my maternity benefit application form. Did you guys get confirmation that yeres is processed?

I sent mine off very early, literally as soon as I turned 24 weeks. Got a letter at that time confirming my application but have received nothing since. I expect it'll be close to the due date before anything is confirmed.

• Advertisement

livinsane wrote: »
    I sent mine off very early, literally as soon as I turned 24 weeks. Got a letter at that time confirming my application but have received nothing since. I expect it'll be close to the due date before anything is confirmed.

My job requires the letter stating what I'm getting before they start paying me.... I don't particularly want to be traipsing into my wages dept on my due date with a letter, I hope they hurry the f*** up!!!

nikpmup wrote: »
    My job requires the letter stating what I'm getting before they start paying me.... I don't particularly want to be traipsing into my wages dept on my due date with a letter, I hope they hurry the f*** up!!!

Ring them and explain that to them and they should send it to you faster

Madisson wrote: »
    Ring them and explain that to them and they should send it to you faster

I'll give them another week or two then I'll chase it up; I'm still off sick so want to avoid work altogether!

So, I've sorted out the bedroom, organised the nappies/wipes/nappy bags into the organiser yoke I bought specially for the job, put the changing mat thing on top of the chest of drawers, brought the Moses basket into the bedroom and moved all the furniture around so it resembles a nursery, put all the sheets/blankets etc into the Moses basket, started to sort out the baby clothes and started to get the hospital bag organised. Knackered, but happier!

Good woman I'd say your are delighted. Might bring the Moses basket into our room too just want to freshen up the sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

how many of ye are watching midwifes?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

naughto wrote: »
    how many of ye are watching midwifes?

Yup. Wasnt going to, but OH wanted to, just to get a general idea, so sat down to watch it too.

All good so far, wasnt sure what to expect :-)

I'm recording it, I'll stick it on in a while. Think I may have overdone it just a teeney tiny bit...... I'm bùggered!

Up getting sick all night and just started getting pains in my stomach :(

Up getting sick all night and just started getting pains in my stomach :(

Oh no - hope you're ok x If you're worried, maybe a quick call to the hospital?

• Advertisement

Hope you're feeling better now Madisson!

At my GP going to ask to be signed off a week early.

I had the worst nightmare last night. I won't go into it because it was pretty graphic and disturbing. I feel just awful today after it. :( Crying on and off since I woke up.

Oh my god das kitty I had an awful nightmare last night too was so real aswell and graphic.
    How you're better soon Maddison on the home stretch now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Help!! Im n the loo at work its kicken so low n hard i kant stay at the desk.i aktualy tink il wee my pants or give birth there so much presure down there.im sweaten n breathen heavy i tink im skaring people. Oh god its a nitemare.

Another member of the nightmare gang here! Had the most disturbed night sleep. Can't remember too much of the nightmare thankfully but I do remember dreaming about a c-section being performed with commentary by Australian MasterChef presenters. Didn't see anything too graphic in that part of the dream but the dad was sent off to have a hot chocolate and croissant to sustain his energy while the surgery was being performed!!

Hope all who are feeling crap this morning feel a bit better soon.

Off to consultant this afternoon for another growth scan so hopefully fluid levels are ok and babys stomach is catching up in size.

Help!! Im n the loo at work its kicken so low n hard i kant stay at the desk.i aktualy tink il wee my pants or give birth there so much presure down there.im sweaten n breathen heavy i tink im skaring people. Oh god its a nitemare.

Groucho, try physically lifting your bump up with your hands and walk around a bit - if I get those low down kicks (it feels like I'm getting a boot to the nethers!) I do this to take the pressure off!

Had the growth scan this afternoon. Babys stomach has grown by nearly 2 weeks in the fortnight since the last scan :) It's still a little over a week behind but the consultant is happy enough. Fluid levels are still not great but haven't decreased so that's good too. Still have to take it easy and have to go back to the gp next week and back to him the following week to monitor the fluid and keep an eye on babys growth. Definitely feeling reassured.

Roesy wrote: »
    Had the growth scan this afternoon. Babys stomach has grown by nearly 2 weeks in the fortnight since the last scan :) It's still a little over a week behind but the consultant is happy enough. Fluid levels are still not great but haven't decreased so that's good too. Still have to take it easy and have to go back to the gp next week and back to him the following week to monitor the fluid and keep an eye on babys growth. Definitely feeling reassured.

Great news Roesy :)

I say this every week but definitely getting signed off next week, today has been agonising.

Feel so much better with my day in bed :)

How does one stop stretch marks getting deep and obvious? At the moment theyre small and u cant feel them!! Booohooo :(

Also my stomach is so frickin hairy, thank god im blonde cause its ridiculous :O

• Advertisement

Feel so much better with my day in bed :)

How does one stop stretch marks getting deep and obvious? At the moment theyre small and u cant feel them!! Booohooo :(

Also my stomach is so frickin hairy, thank god im blonde cause its ridiculous :O
    Thank god its not just me!! I never had a hairy belly before and now/...hairs and the lighting in the hospital then makes them look magnified!!
    Must be hormones or something, Im noticing more arm hairs too, and with the heartburn I dunno what kind of hairy beast Im harbouring :confused:;)

Advertisement