Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Thank god its not just me!! I never had a hairy belly before and now/...hairs and the lighting in the hospital then makes them look magnified!!
    Must be hormones or something, Im noticing more arm hairs too, and with the heartburn I dunno what kind of hairy beast Im harbouring :confused:;)

It better fall out, I dont want to meet the man of my dreams and for him to leg it when he realises im a gorilla hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Madisson wrote: »
    Feel so much better with my day in bed :)

How does one stop stretch marks getting deep and obvious? At the moment theyre small and u cant feel them!! Booohooo :(

Also my stomach is so frickin hairy, thank god im blonde cause its ridiculous :O

I think you either get them or you don't, it's to do with how much elasticity your skin has. Stay well hydrated, and massage almond oil or bio oil into your skin twice a day, it can't hurt!

The hair on my belly is ridiculous! I have a fine coating of downy blonde fluff that's just suddenly appeared from nowhere! Some of it's really long too!!

......and I'm afraid to look at the rear view in case the fluff has made it's way around there too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

My feet are a bit swollen tonight so have them raised but i have that horrible sensation in them :-(

I would love shabe my legs but after 1 leg im breathless... I hate looking at my tummy now between the hair, bellybutton and stretch marks :-(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

nikpmup wrote: »
    ......and I'm afraid to look at the rear view in case the fluff has made it's way around there too!!

That would have been a good idea... :(

BTW I had wicked heartburn last time and the baldiest baby going.

Chip is trying to press down into my pelvis. The agony! Horrible pain all around as he tries to jam his head down. My son couldn't manage to get his through my pelvis, so I'd say it's the same this time. I want to tell him not to bother, there's no need! :D

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    That would have been a good idea... :(

BTW I had wicked heartburn last time and the baldiest baby going.

Chip is trying to press down into my pelvis. The agony! Horrible pain all around as he tries to jam his head down. My son couldn't manage to get his through my pelvis, so I'd say it's the same this time. I want to tell him not to bother, there's no need! :D

The one thing I haven't had is heartburn, thank god, that's a side effect of my stomach surgery - I never get heartburn, ever. If I do get it it's a sign that my band has slipped or is too tight and needs immediate attention.

I occasionally get a really sore dig on the right side of my pelvis, feels like the baby's head is turning against my hipbone

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

midwife told me yesterday to crawl around on my hands and knees for 30 minutes every evening to encourage baby to get into a face down position. or was it face up. anyway living room floor here i come..

midwife told me yesterday to crawl around on my hands and knees for 30 minutes every evening to encourage baby to get into a face down position. or was it face up. anyway living room floor here i come..

Is that if baby is breach? Mine is breach and back tp back eughhh!! At my 36 app if she hasnt turned they will schedule a section :(

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

no baby is head down ready to rock. but its to make sure the baby is facing the right way. so babys back is against my stomach. babys back against mammys back is not the ideal way to deliver

17 Days untill its OUR MONTH ladies :D ahhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Ahhhhh!!!!

That means 16 days til mine is born... Eek!

It's sunny. I feel bad staying indoors, but my options are limited with a toddler in tow.

Oh, and stuff I added to my bag this morning:

Toothbrush, paste, floss. Tea tree oil, small packs of tissues. Cotton buds, ear plugs, shower cap, hair brush & bobbins, rennie tabs, senna tabs, change for the vending machines. Large zip loc bags for shower supplies. Big soft socks. Phone charger. Pillow cases for the hospital cot mattress. Note pad and pen.

Never thought of change for the vending machine good idea. What are the senna tablets and tea tree oil for?

Never thought of change for the vending machine good idea. What are the senna tablets and tea tree oil for?

Senna I learned from last time. My pelvic floor was so weak I couldn't 'go'. And pushing was killing my wound. One of them before bed and I was sorted first thing.

Tea tree is for the wounds. A couple of drops on my flannel at the end of the shower helps healing. People who've had vaginal births say a few drops on a fresh maternity pad can be great too.

I thought that was witch hazel? I have that. Really need to finish putting things in my bags and put them in the car!

I thought that was witch hazel? I have that. Really need to finish putting things in my bags and put them in the car!

I always use tea tree for healing. Diluted in oil or water. It's pretty much all I use.

Collected the buggy from my sister, set it up and gave it a spruce up (it's 3yrs old but like new) Its sitting in the spare room. The Moses basket is in the bedroom. It's just starting to hit me; how long I've waited to have a buggy and a Moses basket, and how soon they'll be filled. Big wobbly moment. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Collected the buggy from my sister, set it up and gave it a spruce up (it's 3yrs old but like new) Its sitting in the spare room. The Moses basket is in the bedroom. It's just starting to hit me; how long I've waited to have a buggy and a Moses basket, and how soon they'll be filled. Big wobbly moment. :)

Enjoy every minute of it nikpmup xx

I think i have a little infection in the back of my mouth, it looks all red so i gargled salt water this morning but it made me vomit... Can we use bonjela ? I have the docs tomorrow so il get her to have a look at it but for now i need something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Friends of ours popped over with loads of bits and bobs for us today including a Moses basket, Moses basket bedding, medela pump, baby swing and bouncer, all of which are in perfect condition. So exciting to see it all coming together!

Fantastic Rosey. I think people like to pass on their stuff too. We are doing them a favour!!

• Advertisement

Fantastic Rosey. I think people like to pass on their stuff too. We are doing them a favour!!

I know! People have been really generous. We've also been given a loan of a gorgeous changing unit and matching cot. We've also had a mention of an angel care monitor. The only big thing we've had to buy so far was a travel system. We'll probably pick up a chest of drawers for the babys room too.

Well I'm officially full term ladies! 37 weeks yesterday and bubs is ready for road. Can't believe in 2 weeks from tomorrow I'll have my new son in my arms. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

This bump, it never sleeps!!!

This bump, it never sleeps!!!

It doesn't bode well that it seems to want to play all night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Got my letter from Social Welfare confirming maternity payments so everyone should start receiving theirs soon I imagine.

A friend of mine who is due her first baby a week after me [12th Oct] had her waters break unexpectedly on Saturday and is in hospital now waiting for things to progress. A bit of a wake up call as I was away for the weekend sauntering around without any contingency plan in place should something unexpected happen. I occasionally forget that this bump isn't here to stay!

livinsane wrote: »
    Got my letter from Social Welfare confirming maternity payments so everyone should start receiving theirs soon I imagine.

A friend of mine who is due her first baby a week after me [12th Oct] had her waters break unexpectedly on Saturday and is in hospital now waiting for things to progress. A bit of a wake up call as I was away for the weekend sauntering around without any contingency plan in place should something unexpected happen. I occasionally forget that this bump isn't here to stay!

After puddingheads experience, I was ADAMANT I wanted to get my bag etc organised - it's almost there, I'm gonna sit down over the next couple of days and get it finished, zip it up and put it in the boot of his car! After that, whatever happens, I'm ready to roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

After puddingheads experience, I was ADAMANT I wanted to get my bag etc organised - it's almost there, I'm gonna sit down over the next couple of days and get it finished, zip it up and put it in the boot of his car! After that, whatever happens, I'm ready to roll!

I have the bag ready but my sister wisely advised that someone should have a spare key to our house should we not be able to pick it up in the event of a emergency. She also said carrying around the hospital chart would be a good idea at this stage, but it's so cumbersome!

livinsane wrote: »
    I have the bag ready but my sister wisely advised that someone should have a spare key to our house should we not be able to pick it up in the event of a emergency. She also said carrying around the hospital chart would be a good idea at this stage, but it's so cumbersome!
    They are both good ideas! My chart is in Holles St, they keep it if you've had a blood test done; I pretty much get my iron levels tested at every appointment. The key idea is a good one - will get one cut today!

Ok, it's decided now after reading the last few posts, I'm definitely packing my hospital bags today! Bought all the stuff a couple of weeks ago when things started getting more complicated but they've been sitting in bags since. If for any reason I ended up going in earlier my poor husband would be stressed enough without trying to make sense of the bags of stuff and things in the cupboard.

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Ok, it's decided now after reading the last few posts, I'm definitely packing my hospital bags today! Bought all the stuff a couple of weeks ago when things started getting more complicated but they've been sitting in bags since. If for any reason I ended up going in earlier my poor husband would be stressed enough without trying to make sense of the bags of stuff and things in the cupboard.

Good plan - I have everything got, more or less but like you it's in various bags in various parts of the house! I just bought tea tree oil, I have to buy a shower cap and a few other bits & bobs and I'm done. Gonna tackle it tonight (today's antenatal class was about early labour & when to go into hospital, so that drove it home all the more!)

Advertisement