Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

trinz23 wrote: »
    My October baby surprised us all and came 4 weeks early!!!! Baby Joseph was born at 2.52pm at 6lbs 2ozs on September 17th and he is perfect!!!! If anyone has labour of delivery questions just ask xxx

He is beautiful. Congrats Misses :D xxx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congrats trinz! Is he blonde or is that just the photo?
    Loving the Tigger babygro!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

1st October -- PuddingHead -- Surprise -- CUMH - boy (born 4th September)
    3rd October -- livinsane -- Surprise -- CUMH
    3rd October -- monday monday -- Surprise -- Holles St
    5th October -- Das Kitty -- Boy -- UCHG [Section date: 30th Sept]
    7th October -- Wooha -- Boy -- CUMH
    10th October -- groucho marx -- Surprise -- ?
    10th October -- Knock13 -- Surprise -- ?
    11th October -- freudiangirl -- Surprise -- CUMH
    13th October -- trinz23 -- Surprise -- boy (born September 17th)
    14th October -- schoolhouse -- Surprise -- Cavan
    18th October -- inlikeflynn86 -- Surprise -- WRH
    20th October -- naughto's misses -- Surprise -- ?
    22nd October -- Madisson -- Girl -- ?
    26th October -- DoctorBoo -- Surprise -- ?
    27th October -- Roesy -- Surprise -- CUMH
    30th October -- nikpmup -- Surprise -- Holles St
    30th October -- chicita -- Surprise -- Limerick

Can't believe we are updating this again already. Congratulations Trinz!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

So, after spending most of yesterday evening and this morning panicking because the lil kicker wasn't moving, I had my hand on the phone half an hour ago to ring Holles St - just as the wee monster decides to wake up! I have a GP antenatal appointment at 1pm, so I'll mention it then, if she thinks I should go in I will. Worry worry worry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

i had a moment just like that on saturday. baby hadn't moved all day. so was sitting on the couch and decided to start tapping my belly to wake baby up. next thing i got a swift kick right into my guts. it was actaually quite sore. himself thought this was hilarious. i suppose if someone was jabbing me awake i'd do the same thing.
    but if your concerned definately ask the doc. this worring all the time is not fun is it!!

• Advertisement

i had a moment just like that on saturday. baby hadn't moved all day. so was sitting on the couch and decided to start tapping my belly to wake baby up. next thing i got a swift kick right into my guts. it was actaually quite sore. himself thought this was hilarious. i suppose if someone was jabbing me awake i'd do the same thing.
    but if your concerned definately ask the doc. this worring all the time is not fun is it!!

Only another 40 years+ of worrying left!! I gave my belly a good jiggle this morning, seemed to rouse him, he's still very quiet though. I've just eaten and I'm having a cuppa so I'll see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Congrats Trinz23, he is adorable. So many early babies! I looked in on the September thread and lots of babies coming early there. A friend of mine had a baby boy on Monday, four weeks early.

I got a date for my driving test - 6 days before my due date - so I've gone from wanting to go into labour as soon as possible to begging baby to hold on for a while!

livinsane wrote: »
    Congrats Trinz23, he is adorable. So many early babies! I looked in on the September thread and lots of babies coming early there. A friend of mine had a baby boy on Monday, four weeks early.

I got a date for my driving test - 6 days before my due date - so I've gone from wanting to go into labour as soon as possible to begging baby to hold on for a while!

Aw! Hopefully the tester will go easy on you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

I wouldn't have considered myself the broody/cooing type pre pregnancy but looking at that picture of your beautiful little boy, trinz23, has me all excited now to see my own little boy. Congrats!

Went in to see my GP, she had a listen of the baby's heartbeat and although she's not overly concerned, she's sending me into Holles St to get a trace done just to be on the safe side. I still haven't got as much movement as I have had in the past, just a little flicker or nudge here and there; certainly not ten movements in two hours.

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Went in to see my GP, she had a listen of the baby's heartbeat and although she's not overly concerned, she's sending me into Holles St to get a trace done just to be on the safe side. I still haven't got as much movement as I have had in the past, just a little flicker or nudge here and there; certainly not ten movements in two hours.

Nikpmup, hope its all okay xx Just wanted to let you know I had a couple of days like that about 2 weeks ago. Had phoned the hospital and everything. Got a couple of decent moves just as I was about to head in. I brought it up with the consultant when I saw him a day or two later. He said its at least 10 movements in one day and that sometimes it will be more movements, nudges and flickers etc instead of the big kicks, rolls and punches we become used to. It's hard not to worry isn't it? Anyway, glad your getting properly checked out. Let us know how you get on.

On my way home now - Holles street were great, they really put me at my ease and were very reassuring that I did the right thing coming in. They put me on a trace for about 40 minutes, and asked me to record any kicks (they specified strong kicks, not nudges or flutters) Well, I felt nothing until 3 minutes from the end, when I got a couple of nudges. I was then brought in for a quick scan, as the doctor was setting up I got an ALMIGHTY dig in the ribs! Typical! The baby's still quiet, but the trace was good and the scan all clear so they're happy. They reassured me that if I had any concerns to come straight back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

Thank you all so much for your kind words...he is just perfect!! At the mo he is slightly ginger, his dad is auburn and I am blonde but his eyebrows are pure blonde so not sure if his hair will stay the colour it is or go blonde....and bright blue eyes...he really is a gift!xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

last day in work today. woo hoooooooooooooo.
    i've no internet at home so hopefully somehow be able to post up when baby arrives.

oh and trinz. that is one cute baby. when i saw the picture it made it feel very real for me thinking theres a little head and face and arms and legs in my belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Its official.. Im having a baby soon!! Woke up with my pyjamas all stained from the infamous leaky boob syndrome!!! I Felt like i big cow already but now i definitely feel like one. boohoo

Madisson wrote: »
    Its official.. Im having a baby soon!! Woke up with my pyjamas all stained from the infamous leaky boob syndrome!!! I Felt like i big cow already but now i definitely feel like one. boohoo

The glamour! Lol! The last time I was in Holles street, there was a woman sitting opposite me with her brand new son. He started to cry - by the time she got him out of the buggy and up on her lap, she had developed two huge wet circles on her boobs! Just from his cry! I was as fascinated as I was freaked out!

Someone forgot the breastpads!

Took all the baby stuff down from the attic yesterday. OMG, so much mould! We had a leaky roof during the winter.

Stripped the covers off the travel system and bouncer seat and have been washing like a mad woman. It's coming up well anyway!

I also checked my breast pump, still pumping tg!!

Oh... What has two thumbs and forgot it had it's final antenatal hospital appointment this morning?

This girl.

Duh. Mad dash to get over and then locked myself into the carpark because I left my money at home in the rush and couldn't pay the fee. Thank frick for my hubby coming to bail me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Finished decorating nursery today.wouhou. All the bubs sheets and blankets to be washed tomorow. Extra pack of mars bars put in hosp bag. And now for a full wk of dvd boxsets

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

trinz23 wrote: »
    Thank you all so much for your kind words...he is just perfect!! At the mo he is slightly ginger, his dad is auburn and I am blonde but his eyebrows are pure blonde so not sure if his hair will stay the colour it is or go blonde....and bright blue eyes...he really is a gift!xxx

Congrats Trinz on your little arrival, he is gorgeous. Hope you are doing well after the labour

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

last day in work today. woo hoooooooooooooo.

last day in work for me today - cannot wait until 5 PM!!
    I feel like I want to hibernate under my duvet until he arrives :-)

• Advertisement

I've been getting a pain on and off in the left side of my bump since yesterday. So annoying. First time it happened I was asleep and it woke me up! Didn't last long thankfully. Must ask the midwife about it at my appointment this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Roesy wrote: »
    I've been getting a pain on and off in the left side of my bump since yesterday. So annoying. First time it happened I was asleep and it woke me up! Didn't last long thankfully. Must ask the midwife about it at my appointment this morning.

Hopefully its just muscular/ligaments. They are under quite a bit of strain. I get pains in various places around the circumference of the bump. Can be quite painful but they pass.

Last day at work, cannot believe it. Buses have just started to get atrociously busy with colleges and schools back so perfect timing.

Sh1t is getting real. Had hospital check up this morn and instead of the usual checks and a feeling of "okay nice to meet you, lets get this over with", it's discussions about the labour, making appointments on a week by week basis depending if labour starts or not, possible sweeps if overdue, having to make decisions about things...even though I've educated myself on all these aspects and have my preferences, it's getting overwhelming! Midwives are extremely nice thankfully.

Midwife got a dr to give me a quick check over while I was in. All seems good. They are happy enough that it seems to be ligament related.

Roesy wrote: »
    Midwife got a dr to give me a quick check over while I was in. All seems good. They are happy enough that it seems to be ligament related.

It wouldn't take much to pull a ligament down there with all the weight that's swinging off our belly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

tonight was the worst, extremely painful in the groin area, thought maybe it was kicking off but sort of knew it wasn't. Really worried now. The pain was very VERY intense. haven't had it like that before. Maybe baby was getting into position, whatever it was I think it was just a taster of whats to come.

It could be baby engaging. It's bleeding agony.

tonight was the worst, extremely painful in the groin area, thought maybe it was kicking off but sort of knew it wasn't. Really worried now. The pain was very VERY intense. haven't had it like that before. Maybe baby was getting into position, whatever it was I think it was just a taster of whats to come.

*books epidural now!*

Anytime I indicate to my OH that I'm worried about how intense the pain is going to be or how I'm going to cope with it, he comes out with an "ah, you'll be grand!" Really?! It's not your fandango that's going to be ripped in half!!! :P:eek:

nikpmup wrote: »
    *books epidural now!*

Anytime I indicate to my OH that I'm worried about how intense the pain is going to be or how I'm going to cope with it, he comes out with an "ah, you'll be grand!" Really?! It's not your fandango that's going to be ripped in half!!! :P:eek:

Ha ha ha!

Apart from the drugs, getting the slow measured breathing right is a massive help. You have to make each breath last as long as possible. I was going far too quick and a midwife came in and sorted me out and it made a huge difference.

Tensing up is also a killer.

They won't give you the epidural (or anythkng other than paracetamol) until you're in active labour and there can be a fair bit of labour before that point.

I firmly believe that some people have more intense labours than others. You can only deal with what's happening when it's happening, but trust me, it will pass!

I'm hoping my labour will be the same as both my sisters - they both had very quick labours and births, and didn't really have time to get overwhelmed by it. Whatever will happen will happen I guess - I'm trying very hard not to be apprehensive about it as I know from procedures I've had in the past that becoming fearful makes the experience worse and makes dealing with pain harder. Fcuk it - I'll remember my tattoo session; I have a big tattoo on my ribs which is quite intricate and took a few hours - I managed to sit through that without a whimper even though it hurt like a whore, just kept telling myself to stay calm and breathe through it! It won't be worse than that...... Will it?!!

*mentally wills Das Kitty to lie to me and tell me it'll be easier than a tattoo....*

• Advertisement

I don't have a tattoo but it wasn't anywhere near as painful as a bad ear infection. My main problem was that it went on so long for me.

Your female family members experiences are the best indication of how it will go for you. So it's looking good!

Advertisement