Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My younger sister was induced on both of hers, she went from zero (getting gel) to baby in arms in an hour and a half on her first; on her second the pain was way more intense; she was examined and was told she was only 2cm. She went from 2-10cm in 15 minutes, and baby was out in another ten (a ten pounder at that!) My older sister was a bit longer but still quick. I'm hoping I follow the same pattern - I can deal with pain as long as it's finite, and it doesn't drag on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Ahhh i feel like if i squat something will come out.... The pain was very bad this evening. Along with backche hip ache and heartburn. I went to bed at 8.30 with hot water bottle and fell asleep sometime before late late show. I woke up when oh came to bed at 12... Thats the longest ive slept without waking in weeks. Of course im wide awake now! Ive a feeling im going to go before section date, my bump is after dropping too.

We still havnt told anyone the date. The mothers are not impressed, but feck them!! The room is all done, moses basket got, pram will be taken from parents tomorrow and put together. Im starting to get overwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ahhh i feel like if i squat something will come out.... The pain was very bad this evening. Along with backche hip ache and heartburn. I went to bed at 8.30 with hot water bottle and fell asleep sometime before late late show. I woke up when oh came to bed at 12... Thats the longest ive slept without waking in weeks. Of course im wide awake now! Ive a feeling im going to go before section date, my bump is after dropping too.

We still havnt told anyone the date. The mothers are not impressed, but feck them!! The room is all done, moses basket got, pram will be taken from parents tomorrow and put together. Im starting to get overwhelmed.

exact same here, was afraid to go to the toilet earlier, was afraid it was going to come out. I know it wasn't but it was that horrible painful feeling. has made me seriously consider a section. had to get down on all fours and at that I thought I wouldn't get back up.

exact same here, was afraid to go to the toilet earlier, was afraid it was going to come out. I know it wasn't but it was that horrible painful feeling. has made me seriously consider a section. had to get down on all fours and at that I thought I wouldn't get back up.

:-( Just had a hot shower was on all fours in there leaving water go on my back. It was heaven but now im back to square one :-( i dont think i can stay quiet and not whinge for the next few weeks. Ive been good up til now (well to family) ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My sympathy to those with a lot of pressure and pain at the moment. Bar the few bouts of ligament pain the last couple of days, I've been good enough. Bubs seemed to be tucked up in my rib area last night. Seeing it bulge out to one side was definite like something out of Alien.
    I'm going in to the labour thing with an open mind with regards to pain relief. I seem to have a high enough threshold for pain but can't imagine that labour is comparable to anything I've felt before. I have no sisters but my mothers labours varied a good bit with all 4 of us. Two of my brothers were long labours, the first more painful than the second. She says herself that she was young and clueless having my eldest brother so maybe that had something to do with how she felt she coped with the whole thing. With me, she thought she was having Braxton Hicks for about 24 hours and then decided she better go in. I was 10 days early and in her arms within 40 mins of landing in the doors of the hospital. My youngest brother arrived after quite a traumatic birth when she knocked down so that wasn't that wasn't comparable to the rest of us. Hopefully my labour will be something like my own birth!

• Advertisement

+1 Roesy, I hope the discomfort doesn't drag on for you ladies.

I'm trying to keep an open mind as regards pain relief as well - it's all very well and good sitting here comfortably saying I want to avoid an epidural, I don't know how I'll cope on the day, I may be screaming for one! I'd rather avoid pethidine if I can, I don't think I like the idea of a sleepy drugged baby! I think I'll try gas& air first and see how I get on.

After yesterday evening Ill be asking for everything available. The pain was not good, Ive had a tattoo and that pain was bearable. This was a different sensation altogether and has totally scared me, I actually cried that's how sore it was. Now people are telling me its a sign that it will come in the next day or two which has me even more scared. Im hoping they are just being silly and its just fake contraction pains and Im just a person with a low pain threshold.
    Way into freaked out mode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Only a couple more weeks in work. I feel like I'm worrying about money constantly. Wish I could just enjoy this time and look forward to baby's arrival :-(

After yesterday evening Ill be asking for everything available. The pain was not good, Ive had a tattoo and that pain was bearable. This was a different sensation altogether and has totally scared me, I actually cried that's how sore it was. Now people are telling me its a sign that it will come in the next day or two which has me even more scared. Im hoping they are just being silly and its just fake contraction pains and Im just a person with a low pain threshold.
    Way into freaked out mode now.

Try not to be freaked out - easier said than done, I know! I've never been in labour, but I've had a couple of painful procedures done and while I'm sure they don't compare, fear and anxiety about the pain definitely makes it worse. Anyone I've spoken to about it (including midwife friends of mine) say that the women who suffer most are the ones who panic and lose their ability to cope. (Says she who has no idea!) Its one day, there's pain relief available and you can do it! And look what you get at the end - every episode of one born every minute I've watched, every woman, without exception, no matter how much screaming they did during the labour, immediately the baby is born are smiling, laughing and look like they never had a bit of pain. As for people telling you it's coming soon - every woman is different, it'll happen when it happens.
    Only a couple more weeks in work. I feel like I'm worrying about money constantly. Wish I could just enjoy this time and look forward to baby's arrival :-(

Worrying about money is tough - I'm going to be down a little because of shift allowances etc but the way I see it, I'll be saving on diesel going to work and lunch money, as well as all the other little expenses that a days work incurs - coffees, etc. I guess this is the start of the rest of our lives worrying! I'm already panicking about the cost of this lil' kicker going to school & college! I have yet to sit down and have a think about reducing my hours when I go back to work - it may work out better for me to reduce my hours rather than pay for child care, but that's a decision for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Congrats trinz23, enjoy the night feeds they're the best part :P

Ahh girlies, so excited for you all, this part is so glamorous :P

if it helps, i wasn;t in a any real pain until i was over was about 3cm dilated... with regards tattoos, the pain isnt really comparable im afraid :P

Hope you're all doing well,I can tell you this much, not being pregnant is so much nicer than being pregnant, my doc's and i are reunited and i can lase them by myself!

• Advertisement

Lol, I'm sure tattoos aren't in the same ballpark as labour at all! Really what I was referring to wasn't the level of pain but the coping strategy. (My tattoo is pretty big, and on my ribs so it was pretty sore!!) What got my sister through was the time limits - Holles street policies state they will only allow you to be in labour for x amount of time, and will only allow you to push for x amount of time, and once she kept focused on that - I'm only going to have to deal with this for another hour etc - she was able to cope. I'm definitely going in with an open mind as regards pain relief, I don't want to stubbornly say I'm going au naturel and then 'disappoint' myself by asking for pain relief.

Puddinghead, I'd say you feel light as a feather!! I'm sprouting bigger almost by the day - I reckon the bump is in for some serious growth in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I want this to be OVERRRR!!! I had a lump of goo as discharge the other day and the last two days ive had bad back pain and stomach pain and the runs.. thought it was something happening, now thinking it was just something dodgey i ate.. :( 4 weeks tomorrow.. everyone keeps saying that its no time at all but it feels like FOREVER! Ive so much to do around the house but im still in bed and its half 4!!!! dammit

Madisson wrote: »
    I want this to be OVERRRR!!! I had a lump of goo as discharge the other day and the last two days ive had bad back pain and stomach pain and the runs.. thought it was something happening, now thinking it was just something dodgey i ate.. :( 4 weeks tomorrow.. everyone keeps saying that its no time at all but it feels like FOREVER! Ive so much to do around the house but im still in bed and its half 4!!!! dammit

That could be a show? And I've heard sometimes women get diarrhoea in early labour - might be worth a call to the hospital?

I've five weeks to go, and I have zero energy, loads to do and like you just want it to be over! I've had enough of being pregnant - I feel like I'm constantly moaning about being wrecked. God bless my OH, he's so patient with me, even though he's up against tight deadlines and is under a lot of pressure ATM (he's just finishing up a digital media course)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I picked up a wee Halloween costume for junior today. He's gonna be a bat baby :)

Got my hurr did today too. It'll be a little while before I can get it done again.

Having a fair bit of discharge today. Don't think it's anything to worry about though,

Aww! My sister gave me a spider outfit for baba, but I don't know if s/he'll make an appearance before halloween!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I picked up a wee Halloween costume for junior today. He's gonna be a bat baby :)

Got my hurr did today too. It'll be a little while before I can get it done again.

Having a fair bit of discharge today. Don't think it's anything to worry about though,

Aww whered you pick it up :-)

Aww whered you pick it up :-)

Mothercare. It had no tags and was the last one left. :)

Mothercare. It had no tags and was the last one left. :)

Haha nifty :-) i have a feeling i may go overboard for halloween!!

I'm trying to hold off for as long as possible, I need my highlights and waxing done as a matter of extreme urgency but I'm trying to delay it so that I'll last longer!

nikpmup wrote: »
    I'm trying to hold off for as long as possible, I need my highlights and waxing done as a matter of extreme urgency but I'm trying to delay it so that I'll last longer!

Having a definite birth date has its perks!

• Advertisement

I was gonna see if I could stretch it to the 2nd week in Oct but I can't see that happening..... My roots are about an inch and a half long; and as for the bits that need waxing......:P :D

My roots are brutal but Im afraid to go in and get my hair done for 2 reasosn,

1. Is it safe?? Ive gotten dyed during the pregnancy but people told me horror stories about the dye etc and not to do it again until after I give birth
    2. sitting at home Im getting bad fakey contractionsa and am afraid they might come on in the hairdressers.....a little bit hilarious a little bit please don't soil our lovely seats LOL

My roots are brutal but Im afraid to go in and get my hair done for 2 reasosn,

1. Is it safe?? Ive gotten dyed during the pregnancy but people told me horror stories about the dye etc and not to do it again until after I give birth
    2. sitting at home Im getting bad fakey contractionsa and am afraid they might come on in the hairdressers.....a little bit hilarious a little bit please don't soil our lovely seats LOL

The hair dye stories are old wives tales, it's perfectly safe to dye your hair. As for the contractions - that's a different story!!

The hair dye stories are old wives tales, it's perfectly safe to dye your hair. As for the contractions - that's a different story!!

Cool, may go get it done now so,. lord knows I look rough enough so the hair might make some improvement.
    As for soling the lovely seats I guess its a chance we`l have to take.....:pac::D

Cool, may go get it done now so,. lord knows I look rough enough so the hair might make some improvement.
    As for soling the lovely seats I guess its a chance we`l have to take.....:pac::D

I'm sure they'll get over it!!! My OH is terrified I'll ruin his leather seats on the way into hospital!! I'm pretty sure he'll be insisting I sit on a big folded up towel :)

I'm sure they'll get over it!!! My OH is terrified I'll ruin his leather seats on the way into hospital!! I'm pretty sure he'll be insisting I sit on a big folded up towel :)

haha Id say once it all kicks off his leather seats will be the last thing on his mind :D

haha Id say once it all kicks off his leather seats will be the last thing on his mind :D

I dunno... He's really fond of that car!

I dunno... He's really fond of that car!

have the towels ready so ;)
    Ive just started Christmas shopping online, think this is the first day Ive actually done nothing around the house. Feeling a bit guilty.

have the towels ready so ;)
    Ive just started Christmas shopping online, think this is the first day Ive actually done nothing around the house. Feeling a bit guilty.

Don't!!! Rest up, you'll need it! Do not feel guilty! I got up this morning, had some cereal, put the dishwasher on... And went back to bed! I've just been roused by my mother who phoned me with a tale of woe about UPC or some nonsense, so I'm getting up, but I've no intention of doing much :)

• Advertisement

But sure leather is more water proof than most things. Otherwise cows would be spongeier...

My mam was just here, we were sorting stuff out for Monday. Monday! Six days' time!

I really want to go to the pictures before then... Wonder if I could wrangle it...

Advertisement