Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »
    But sure leather is more water proof than most things. Otherwise cows would be spongeier...

My mam was just here, we were sorting stuff out for Monday. Monday! Six days' time!

I really want to go to the pictures before then... Wonder if I could wrangle it...

I was looking at the calendar on my phone and saw Monday was only six days away, was thinking of you!

Spongey cows! Lol! I don't think I'll get away with telling him amniotic fluid is a great leather conditioner! God bless his mammy, she told me she got one of the care staff in the nursing home to order me a pack of incontinence mats to put under me in the bed/car in case I spring a leak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Das Kitty wrote: »
    But sure leather is more water proof than most things. Otherwise cows would be spongeier...

My mam was just here, we were sorting stuff out for Monday. Monday! Six days' time!

I really want to go to the pictures before then... Wonder if I could wrangle it...

Less than a week a way.... Getting excited thinking of all these arrivals :)

Less than a week a way.... Getting excited thinking of all these arrivals :)

I reckon it'll be November before I pop! Seems like aaaaaages away!

nikpmup wrote: »

Time is dragging now!! i have just over 2 weeks left.... Nerves are kicking in!

Whats your due date nikpmup??

Time is dragging now!! i have just over 2 weeks left.... Nerves are kicking in!

Whats your due date nikpmup??

30th October - all the babies in my family seem to run to a lazy schedule though!

• Advertisement

30th October - all the babies in my family seem to run to a lazy schedule though!

I hope you get a little early arrival :)

My brother was due on Halloween and arrived the 21st October (32 years ago) and i have 3 cousins, all siblings, and they were all 2 weeks early in October too. I was November and 2 weeks late :) My mam is convinced im going to go early... :confused:

I hope you get a little early arrival :)

My brother was due on Halloween and arrived the 21st October (32 years ago) and i have 3 cousins, all siblings, and they were all 2 weeks early in October too. I was November and 2 weeks late :) My mam is convinced im going to go early... :confused:

I'd love to go early - I'm so, so fatigued. I have literally done nothing but doze on the couch all day, which isn't helping my sciatica. I promised I'd babysit later, starting to regret that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Chocolate biscuit cake setting- check
    Granola baking in the oven- check
    Salsa and guacamole made for tonights 'Mexican feast'- check
    Beef marinading- check
    Cleaned out the kitchen cupboards yesterday too. Where did this burst of energy come from?!? Don't think it counts as nesting if you are doing it to prevent yourself from watching 'Keeping up with the Kardashians'. I have never seen the likes of that show, watched an episode yesterday morning and found it soooo irritating yet I found myself wondering what time it was on today!

I'm due the 28th. The possibility of bubs having to arrive earlier has been mentioned to us a couple of times now but I can still picture myself waddling into November too nikpmup!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Roesy wrote: »
    Chocolate biscuit cake setting- check
    Granola baking in the oven- check
    Salsa and guacamole made for tonights 'Mexican feast'- check
    Beef marinading- check
    Cleaned out the kitchen cupboards yesterday too. Where did this burst of energy come from?!? Don't think it counts as nesting if you are doing it to prevent yourself from watching 'Keeping up with the Kardashians'. I have never seen the likes of that show, watched an episode yesterday morning and found it soooo irritating yet I found myself wondering what time it was on today!

Gosh I hope I have that burst of energy when I finish work, sounds like a yummy feast! Had to laugh at your comment about the kardashians, it is painful but also addictive!
    So exciting now everyone is on the countdown! I can't believe have 2 weeks to go, made it all seem very real when picked up the pram yesterday! So looking forward to finishing work this week and some time to get organised hopefully!

• Advertisement

If aaany of you have a deep nesting instinct that needs attending to and cleaning your own house just isn't cutting it, please bear in mind that I have two rooms in my house that need clearing. I'd be more than happy to help you appease your nesting instinct. It's not for my benefit, you understand - just want to do my bit to help you ladies. Just holler! ;)

Bubs is playing the xylophone up and down my ribs this evening. Have never felt anything like it. My husband was amazed by the force of it. Think my 'nesting' is over. Back is killing me this evening.

Is anyone experiencing Braxton Hicks? Don't seem to be getting them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Bubs is playing the xylophone up and down my ribs this evening. Have never felt anything like it. My husband was amazed by the force of it. Think my 'nesting' is over. Back is killing me this evening.

Is anyone experiencing Braxton Hicks? Don't seem to be getting them at all.
    Yep I am, least that's what I think it is anyway. Fine now today just a couple of twinges but Friday and Saturday was the pits. Had a scan today told them the symptoms and they said it sounded like the Braxton Hicks that I should count myself lucky that some women get them from 16 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

I've been getting a lot of Braxton Hicks and they've really intensified over the last two weeks. Initially they were just uncomfortable but now they're intense and accompanied by palpitations and hot flushes. I actually think they're waking me up at night too.
    Apparently they're good practice though. Unbelievable how rock hard the belly goes!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You're most likely having them but not feeling them. They start around 6 weeks and mostly only hurt near the end.

I've been able to feel the tightening sensation from the beginning this time (I assume because of the scar), but they've only hurt in the last few weeks depending on his position.

Think my fluid levels have dropped a good bit. My big hoodie now zips up with plenty of room whereas I was bet into it last week. Going to the GP in the morning. Hope it's a normal level of reduction!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I've been painting skirting boards and washing bathroom tiles with a toothbrush haha I've turned cleaning crazy... Have a guy painting my window sills on Friday and the weekend is my time to finish garden weeding... What has my life become hahaha

don't want to be gross but gotten bad diarrhoea all of a sudden, hope the baby isn't about to try come early. Im not ready!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

don't want to be gross but gotten bad diarrhoea all of a sudden, hope the baby isn't about to try come early. Im not ready!!

I've had that the last few days. Praying nothing is happening cause I'm not ready but dying for my body back... Ahhh

Madisson wrote: »
    I've had that the last few days. Praying nothing is happening cause I'm not ready but dying for my body back... Ahhh

Ha yea same,ability to shave legs again would be great;-)

Madisson wrote: »

Oh, so dying for my body back. Just to be able to pop to the shops - previously a four minute walk is now an uncomfortable fifteen minute waddle, with rest stops, and baby's head bouncing off my bladder and cervix. I used to run three times a week - I can't even walk properly now! My sister just bought a house that's three stories, I was dead by the time I got to the top floor! I'm really looking forward to feeling physically normal again, and actually feeling refreshed after a sleep. (And yes, I'm aware long sleeps will be quite a while away with a newborn in the house!)

• Advertisement

Oh, so dying for my body back. Just to be able to pop to the shops - previously a four minute walk is now an uncomfortable fifteen minute waddle, with rest stops, and baby's head bouncing off my bladder and cervix. I used to run three times a week - I can't even walk properly now! My sister just bought a house that's three stories, I was dead by the time I got to the top floor! I'm really looking forward to feeling physically normal again, and actually feeling refreshed after a sleep. (And yes, I'm aware long sleeps will be quite a while away with a newborn in the house!)

I was just thinking that... I dropped my mam to an app and i thought id go into tescos while i wait. I parked the car and sat for 20 minutes in carpark as i didnt want to walk around. Now im just sitting in the lobby of hospital waiting, dreading standing up....

I just keep telling myself itl all be worth it :-)

I was just thinking that... I dropped my mam to an app and i thought id go into tescos while i wait. I parked the car and sat for 20 minutes in carpark as i didnt want to walk around. Now im just sitting in the lobby of hospital waiting, dreading standing up....

I just keep telling myself itl all be worth it :-)

It will be, of course. I'm slightly rethinking my plan of having two in close succession - I don't think I'd be able for this with a small toddler!!

It will be, of course. I'm slightly rethinking my plan of having two in close succession - I don't think I'd be able for this with a small toddler!!

100% agree :-) thats why i am taking it easy now because the next time we wont be able to :-(

Did you get to rest ? :/)

100% agree :-) thats why i am taking it easy now because the next time we wont be able to :-(

Did you get to rest ? :/)

All I do is rest! Today, I was awake at about 6am with leg pain - I got up and took some paracetamol and sat on the sofa for a while. Went back to bed about 7 am. Got up about 10 am ish, pottered about, had a bath then went back to bed for a bit. Watching tv now. I'll bring the dog out for a walk later, and that'll be me for the day!

Still managing to shave my legs fine, just takes a little longer. Keeping bikini line tidy without being able to see it is definitely more difficult!

Got a letter saying my maternity pay is sorted and confirming dates. Yay!

Back to the consultant tomorrow afternoon for another scan to keep an eye on growth and fluid levels. Looking forward to seeing bubs again.

Still managing to shave my legs fine, just takes a little longer. Keeping bikini line tidy without being able to see it is definitely more difficult!

Got a letter saying my maternity pay is sorted and confirming dates. Yay!

Back to the consultant tomorrow afternoon for another scan to keep an eye on growth and fluid levels. Looking forward to seeing bubs again.

I can still shave my legs okay, I'm leaving the bikini line to the professionals ha ha!

I must ask at my next appointment how big baba is looking - I don't know if they're able to predict final weight with any accuracy with five weeks to go, but it'd be good to know what I'm looking at!

I lay down on the bed in babs room at 4.30 and i woke up at 6.40 :-( i have a pedicure booked for tomorrow (i hate people at my feet) hopefully its not too bad!!

I was planning on shaving tonight but all groggy now! Il do it in the morning, effort :-(

I lay down on the bed in babs room at 4.30 and i woke up at 6.40 :-( i have a pedicure booked for tomorrow (i hate people at my feet) hopefully its not too bad!!

I was planning on shaving tonight but all groggy now! Il do it in the morning, effort :-(

I keep putting off the shaving, just know Im goina get caught rotten and end up going in unexpectedly before all the shaving is complete. LOL I sound like a yeti!

I'm very grateful that I'm blonde, the hair on my legs isn't really that visible - it just feels rough! I did read about a girl who went into labour at home, and got into the bath to shave everything before she went to hospital. By the time she'd shaved, washed, blow dried and straightened her hair, applied fake tan (!) and fake eyelashes (!!) she almost gave birth on the side of the road! Now, while I'd like to think I'll have time for a shower before I get to Holles st, everything else can go to feck!!
    My sister made sure in the last weeks of her pregnancy that she had a bath every night, shaved everything and washed and blow dried her hair before bed every night as well, in case she went into labour in the middle of the night! I can promise that I'll be clean going in - I may be hairy, but I'll be clean!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'd say the midwives were delighted to see yer wan coming with the freshly applied fake tan. Stink!

It's tough going, like you wouldn't put on fake eyelashes before you ran 10k. Maybe some would!

Mostly you'd have time for a shower during early labour. It's not common for first labours to be quick. :)

Advertisement