Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I would barely be bothered with fake tan going to a wedding, let alone going into labour! I do share my sisters hair, which is not the type of barnet you can just wash and leave - I have to blowdry, or I look like a scarecrow. I'll be counting on shower caps and dry shampoo for my hospital stay!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm quite enjoying the fact that hardly anyone on FB knows I'm having the baby on Monday. I'd say there's a portion who don't know I'm even pregnant. I don't really talk about it on FB, but there have been a couple of photos of me with the bump.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm quite enjoying the fact that hardly anyone on FB knows I'm having the baby on Monday. I'd say there's a portion who don't know I'm even pregnant. I don't really talk about it on FB, but there have been a couple of photos of me with the bump.

That'll be some status update on Monday evening so! I haven't said much about my pregnancy on FB, mostly cos I don't want to bore anyone, but I did do a little announcement after 12 weeks :) also posted this picture more recently:

Class.

I think we'll take some photos on Sunday for a before and after.

"I lost 14 pounds in an afternoon! Ask me how!"

Class.

I think we'll take some photos on Sunday for a before and after.

"I lost 14 pounds in an afternoon! Ask me how!"

Ha ha! Good one!

• Advertisement

Have been awake since 5.30am. Between my leg, the baby doing its best to burst out the front and himself's snoring I don't think I'm getting any more kip! So frikkin tired!!! Think I'll get up and go to the supermarket or something....

Just had my GP appointment and now I'm confused. The baby is engaged apparently. Almost fully since last Thursday.

The consultant said his big head meant I'd be getting a section either way and I suppose I assumed that meant he wouldn't engage. Maybe it's some other reason.

Anyway, it makes no difference. I'm just curious I suppose! :)

Just had my GP appointment and now I'm confused. The baby is engaged apparently. Almost fully since last Thursday.

The consultant said his big head meant I'd be getting a section either way and I suppose I assumed that meant he wouldn't engage. Maybe it's some other reason.

Anyway, it makes no difference. I'm just curious I suppose! :)

He's keen to be out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Our lovely little bub isn't so little any more it seems. Going by todays scan he/she is not far off 6lbs. Consultant reckons the scan is pretty accurate for size up until about 37 weeks. Fluid levels are roughly the same so he's happy to wait another 2 weeks and check again.

Roesy wrote: »
    Our lovely little bub isn't so little any more it seems. Going by todays scan he/she is not far off 6lbs. Consultant reckons the scan is pretty accurate for size up until about 37 weeks. Fluid levels are roughly the same so he's happy to wait another 2 weeks and check again.

All the scans!

I had one at 21 weeks. Full stop. :/

• Advertisement

All the scans!

I had one at 21 weeks. Full stop. :/

In Cork it can be pretty much one at 11-13 weeks and then the rest depends on the consultant. I've been fortnightly for a while now due to concerns about amniotic fluid levels and size of bubs stomach.

I had my anatomy scan at 20 weeks, but I have a mini scan at every hospital antenatal appointment - it's literally a few seconds, but enough to reassure the doc that all is okay - fluid, size, movement etc.

I'm in agony today with my leg, my arse is killing me and my left leg is throbbing! Five more weeks, five more weeks...... This lodger better not think he's hanging around any longer than that! I'll be stocking up on raspberry leaf tea, strong chilli and loads of sh*****g!!!!

Lower back is sore, tummy is crampy(almost like before a period ) and a generally just feel a bit weepy. Meh!

Roesy wrote: »
    Lower back is sore, tummy is crampy(almost like before a period ) and a generally just feel a bit weepy. Meh!

I was weepy yesterday! I gave in to it and had myself a good sob on the bed. Felt much better after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Its determined that i get zero sleep tonite :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Its determined that i get zero sleep tonite :-(

They're all ganging up on us !

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

They're all ganging up on us !

Same here... must be a conspiracy!

Wooha wrote: »
    Same here... must be a conspiracy!

And another one! It's training for when they're here, I reckon!

And me! Awake from 3.30-6.30 and now again since 7.45 when my OH got up for work.

I got very little sleep yesterday, had to go back to bed for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. Same tonight. It's gas, everyone's telling me; "get as much rest as you can now!!" Er, yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

omg im so bloody tired. from around 10 last night untill 3 in the morning i swear she was practicing martial arts!! then slept untill 6 when i needed to pee and been in and out of sleep since then!!!

Oh is sleeping in the spare room the last few nights so we both get a nights sleep, he went to work at 5.30 and i slept from 7-10 which was great, but again my bladder woke me up....

Fun times!!

My mother phoned me at 10am (waking me up!) to enquire if I got any sleep??!!!!! Fell asleep on sofa and am just starting to come alive now. I feel like I've been drugged! Must be something in the water today - the country is littered with dozy pregnant women walking around bumping into stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Passed my driving test today. The most tense and stressful week I have put down in a long time. Ok, Im ready to be a mother now now so come on baby. Was in the hospital after and midwife told me I have 18 inches of fluid so when waters break, by god I'll know about it. Going to put spare change of clothes in the car....the car that I can legally drive alone. Hurray.

livinsane wrote: »
    Passed my driving test today. The most tense and stressful week I have put down in a long time. Ok, Im ready to be a mother now now so come on baby. Was in the hospital after and midwife told me I have 18 inches of fluid so when waters break, by god I'll know about it. Going to put spare change of clothes in the car....the car that I can legally drive alone. Hurray.

Congrats on the test. It's a great feeling!
    Wow, 18 inches of fluid, mine was 5cm yesterday! Your baby has a great swimming pool going on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Congrats! Great freedom to have your license.

Think I had my first hormonal episode today, not bad for nearly 39 weeks I guess.

Went swimming, but there was a class on in the sectioned off part of the pool where I normally swim. So only other choice was to swim in the "open" section with all the kids playing. Managed 4 laps but then more kids arrived and I just got too nervous in case I got a kick or something. Managed to hold back the tears until I hit the shower. Weirdest feeling...

Big congratulations, some sense of relief :-)

Congrats livinsane! I think maybe a couple of towels in the car as well.... ;) my sister had not much fluid on her first, so she was expecting the same on her second.... When her waters broke she said it was like Niagara Falls! Fluid everywhere, midwife nearly slipped on it :D The glamour keeps coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Should i be worried that the dr i see doesnt tell me any detail as to fluid levels or size of baby? Just tells me all looks good and shoes me out. Ive not spoken about a birthplan or met a midwife either. Due in ten days

• Advertisement

Should i be worried that the dr i see doesnt tell me any detail as to fluid levels or size of baby? Just tells me all looks good and shoes me out. Ive not spoken about a birthplan or met a midwife either. Due in ten days

Only 10 days left, how exciting!!! I wouldn't be hugely worried about the fluid levels not being discussed. The reason I know my levels now is because there were concerns about bubs stomach size being behind during a scan at about 29 weeks. The consultant then checked fluid levels and discovered they were low enough so I'm being scanned fortnightly to make sure they don't drop below a certain level, requiring the baby to be delivered early. I think if they had any issue/concerns they would have brought up with you. As for the size of the baby, a lot of my friends were given no idea of what size to expect. Again, the reason I have an idea of the size of mine is because of the regular growth scans.

Advertisement