Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

He's gorgeous Das Kitty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

The 2 of ye look gorgeous :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

ah hes beautiful das :)

im in bits tonight with my ribs and my back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Im on anti biotics since Saturday for chest infection. My whole body hurts when i cough especially my pelvis area. Anyone have any tips for me to get rid of it. Im also taking honey and lemon.... Tlreally starting to feel sorry for myself.... And if this cough dont go quickly il be in bits after section :-(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yes. Take it from me. Coughing with a section scar is awful.

Can't keep the baby latched on tonight. I keep coughing him off. Also, that's probably more swearing than James has heard in his entire life that Rory has had to endure in the last day and a half!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He looks so like James when he was newborn!!

Gorgeous, the two of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

any movement on these October bumps yet ;)??

any movement on these October bumps yet ;)??

Thought I might have been joining the early arrivals gang. Looked like my fluid was leaking and when I rang the midwife I was told to go in for a trace and scan. All ok thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

hi everyone, just stumbled upon this thread and thought ill join in:)
    im due soon enough but baba is still high up so am hoping that shell make a descent soon (jumping on a gym ball and doin squats since yesterday lol)
    ...bit worried to go over date coz on every check up since 34wks they r telling me that belly is measuring 2wks behind but no one seems to be too concerned about it (apart from me of course) and no one suggested a growth scan either so not sure what to think? how r ur bumps? i have another midwife check up today so gonna see what she will say. giving birth in rotunda btw.

hanna.v wrote: »
    hi everyone, just stumbled upon this thread and thought ill join in:)
    im due soon enough but baba is still high up so am hoping that shell make a descent soon (jumping on a gym ball and doin squats since yesterday lol)
    ...bit worried to go over date coz on every check up since 34wks they r telling me that belly is measuring 2wks behind but no one seems to be too concerned about it (apart from me of course) and no one suggested a growth scan either so not sure what to think? how r ur bumps? i have another midwife check up today so gonna see what she will say. giving birth in rotunda btw.

Welcome :D unless theyre saying anything to you i wouldnt worry about it. what date are you due? i might see u in there ;) My gp said there was a gap at the top of my bump so it has dropped a bit but my ribs are still really sore

• Advertisement

thnx Madisson :) im due on the 14th but i dont have any signs of my body getting ready so far...cant really believe im supposed to be a mommy in less than 2 wks...how about u? anything else apart from bump goin down a bit? when ur due?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Welcome Hanna!

Last night I started to get horrendous pain in my lower left belly - felt like I'd pulled a muscle. As the night went in it got worse, by this morning it was severe and all around my belly and back, and accompanied by fever and chills, and feeling weak as a kitten. Went into holles st, I've an infection so I'm in for a few days for IV antibiotics. While I was here, the pain changed to period-like pain - all the midwives were talking about perhaps the infection had started labour! Nooo, not ready!!! Don't think I'm in labour, but in a fair bit of pain.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Welcome Hanna!

Last night I started to get horrendous pain in my lower left belly - felt like I'd pulled a muscle. As the night went in it got worse, by this morning it was severe and all around my belly and back, and accompanied by fever and chills, and feeling weak as a kitten. Went into holles st, I've an infection so I'm in for a few days for IV antibiotics. While I was here, the pain changed to period-like pain - all the midwives were talking about perhaps the infection had started labour! Nooo, not ready!!! Don't think I'm in labour, but in a fair bit of pain.

Hopefully you'll feel better after the antibiotics and bubs will stay put for a while longer. At least you're in the right place anyway. Take care!

Welcome Hanna!

That sounds like my work colleague! She went in, was told its an infection,got hooked to iv and than ended up havin her baby same nite!

hope, if it really isnt labour, u feel better soon and get ur strenght back to be ready for when the real thing starts!

Pain is coming & going, I'll keep ye posted!

Pain is coming & going, I'll keep ye posted!

you better not go early woman, youre my fellow end of the monther!!!! :P

I got a new phone and backup all my pics and was looking through my them and i had taken pics of my body in feb so id be able to compare now ( sad i know).... worst decision of my life... I had abs.. so depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Welcome Hanna!

Oh dear I hope you are feeling bit better, at least you are in the right place to make sure you and baby are looked after. Keep us posted and good luck if it is labour.

Welcome Hanna, don't worry I'm with you on the can't believe I'm due to be a mommy in a week! I also don't feel I'm going to go anytime soon as everyone keeps saying bump still high. Did have a lot of mad movements last night though so maybe it's deciding to move down a little!

They've just finished doing a trace and I am having uterine cramps - they reckon it is preterm labour. However, they said it could come to nothing or it could ramp up into proper labour, have to play wait and see!

They've just finished doing a trace and I am having uterine cramps - they reckon it is preterm labour. However, they said it could come to nothing or it could ramp up into proper labour, have to play wait and see!

if it goes all the way into full labour than good luck and im sure ull do great!

Ahhh so exciting, good luck with everything :D xxx

• Advertisement

Are you 37 weeks yet? Will be thinking of you pet.

I'm 36 weeks, and by gumbo these cramps are sore!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Best of luck nikpmup, hope it's all going ok for you!

Panic over - cramps seem to have stopped overnight so they are discharging me today. So hopefully I can sit on my laurels for another couple of weeks!

Panic over - cramps seem to have stopped overnight so they are discharging me today. So hopefully I can sit on my laurels for another couple of weeks!

Delighted to hear that nikpmup.

Roesy wrote: »
    Delighted to hear that nikpmup.

There was a load of women being induced on my ward last night and today - for all that I have been saying that I want to be done with pregnancy, hearing them all moaning in pain, and then hearing them being told that they're not in labour yet, coupled with the pain that I felt with the contractions I was having, makes me think - dya know what? I'm happy enough in one piece, ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Official due date today. Feel "crampy". Please oh please be a sign. Could just be nerves! And my trial pack of cloth nappies from the nappy library arrived bang on date. Why the f didn't I add on a week when I was ordering them! But they are the cutest things I've ever seen. Now I just need a little tush to put into them.

Im due in the hospital tomorrow and I know I'll be offered a sweep if its feasible. What's people's opinion on them? I had been telling myself, no intervention unless necessary, but now Im learning from people that the sweep is to help prevent actual induction later on, and doesn't really work on first timers usually. I haven't a clue what to do. Im worried about it breaking my waters by accident. Maybe I'll turn it down this week and get one if go a week over. Its crazy, you have to be so patient all through the nine months but suddenly when you reach your due date, every minute is a drag!

I had a sweep with James and went into labour the next day. His head hadn't dropped at all and I reckon that could have been why early labour was so crap for me. Then one thing leads to another.

Anyway, I always regretted having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I had a sweep with James and went into labour the next day. His head hadn't dropped at all and I reckon that could have been why early labour was so crap for me. Then one thing leads to another.

Anyway, I always regretted having it.

I've heard a few similar stories. Think I'll hold off on it.

• Advertisement

Back home and have just had a couple of hours well deserved kip in my own bed. My belly is hard and sore, and I'm crampy around my back - I'm hoping it's just residual pain from the infection and nothing else. Very difficult to move about. Think I'll be sating in bed for a few days yet

Advertisement