Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

nikpmup wrote: »
    Back home and have just had a couple of hours well deserved kip in my own bed. My belly is hard and sore, and I'm crampy around my back - I'm hoping it's just residual pain from the infection and nothing else. Very difficult to move about. Think I'll be sating in bed for a few days yet

hope u recover fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Sorry you're still not feeling great nikpmup. Must be good to be home in your own bed though. I really hope I don't end up being induced( early or otherwise). Anyone I've spoken to who has experienced it and had labour naturally said the contractions were far more intense with it. Trying not to give it too much thought because I suppose it will only be suggested if necessary.

Husband has finished painting the nursery and himself and my mother in law have come up with a lovely mural of owls in a tree which they have started today. I love owls! Might get them to fit in a little hedgehog too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy wrote: »
    Sorry you're still not feeling great nikpmup. Must be good to be home in your own bed though. I really hope I don't end up being induced( early or otherwise). Anyone I've spoken to who has experienced it and had labour naturally said the contractions were far more intense with it. Trying not to give it too much thought because I suppose it will only be suggested if necessary.

Husband has finished painting the nursery and himself and my mother in law have come up with a lovely mural of owls in a tree which they have started today. I love owls! Might get them to fit in a little hedgehog too.

The women who we're being induced on the ward I was on seemed to have it rough alright - one woman had her waters broken this morning, within an hour or so she was in a lot of pain and having strong contractions - think she was being moved to the delivery ward as I was leaving.

The mural sounds gorgeous Roesy :)
    I'm now in a panic about getting my hospital bag re-packed - I tore it apart going into hospital the other day to get pjs etc!! Think I'll get my sister over to help me tomorrow. One thing I have learned is that disposable pants are just that - pants. Off to penneys with me to buy big granny pants ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Back home and have just had a couple of hours well deserved kip in my own bed. My belly is hard and sore, and I'm crampy around my back - I'm hoping it's just residual pain from the infection and nothing else. Very difficult to move about. Think I'll be sating in bed for a few days yet

Glad to hear your home in your own bed nikpmup.
    Rest for you now for the remainder!

this sweep thing I keep hearing about, do you only have to have one if you go over?? Im back in for a scan Tuesday and im afraid theyl try give me some internal examination as Im just 40 weeks then

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Glad to hear your home in your own bed nikpmup.
    Rest for you now for the remainder!

this sweep thing I keep hearing about, do you only have to have one if you go over?? Im back in for a scan Tuesday and im afraid theyl try give me some internal examination as Im just 40 weeks then

Ive heard some people say they're really sore but my sister got one and didnt feel a thing, granted it did sweet fa for her but I think nits different for everyone. Ye only if you go over I think

• Advertisement

Madisson wrote: »
    Ive heard some people say they're really sore but my sister got one and didnt feel a thing, granted it did sweet fa for her but I think nits different for everyone. Ye only if you go over I think
    ah cool, don't want em poking at anything, rather leave it off an see if it makes a move of its own accord :) all the cramping and pressure Im thinking it might so fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You don't have to agree to anything you don't want. So if they suggest it just tell them no. If they ask to give you an internal, say no if you don't want it.

Bleugh, the glands in my neck are starting to swell. Hope I'm not coming down with anything. Think the baby may have dropped a bit too judging by my many trips to the bathroom during the night. I'm tired this morning and have a long ,emotional day ahead. Have the funeral of a family friend later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Bleugh, the glands in my neck are starting to swell. Hope I'm not coming down with anything. Think the baby may have dropped a bit too judging by my many trips to the bathroom during the night. I'm tired this morning and have a long ,emotional day ahead. Have the funeral of a family friend later.

Very sorry to hear Roesy xx

Sorry to hear that Roesy.

Ladies, here's a question - I've had crampy pain on & off since I got home from the hospital, and this morning in the loo I have a small bit of pink/bloody mucus - also, my knickers are damp! (sorry if TMI!!) a sign of things moving? Not sure what to think.

• Advertisement

Your show probably (the mucous). If you think your waters are leaking you need to get it looked at... put a pad on and check it in a little while, if it's sweet smelling then it's your waters.

January wrote: »
    Your show probably (the mucous). If you think your waters are leaking you need to get it looked at... put a pad on and check it in a little while, if it's sweet smelling then it's your waters.

Was just coming back on to say my waters have definitely gone! I bent down to pick something up and GUSH!!! Managed to collect some in a cup, just gonna ring Holles St now. It's on!!!

Was just coming back on to say my waters have definitely gone! I bent down to pick something up and GUSH!!! Managed to collect some in a cup, just gonna ring Holles St now. It's on!!!

Oh my god that's exciting!!!
    Best of luck :)

Oh wow, how exciting! Good luck! They won't need the cup because if there's any doubt they'll just swab you to make sure but they'll be able to tell anyway. :)

On my way in now, having strong regular contractions and have gone through three maternity pads since I had my shower, so I'd say it's definitely on! The girly girl in me is very pleased that I managed to blow dry and straighten my hair, and shave my legs! Ha ha! I'll keep you posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

On my way in now, having strong regular contractions and have gone through three maternity pads since I had my shower, so I'd say it's definitely on! The girly girl in me is very pleased that I managed to blow dry and straighten my hair, and shave my legs! Ha ha! I'll keep you posted :)

Ooh, very exciting! Wish you all the best!

Ooooh :-) best of luck xxx

Ahhhh good luck hun xxx

Best of luck nikpmup!!!!

Dying to know about nikmup :D

• Advertisement

Madisson wrote: »
    Dying to know about nikmup :D

Was just thinking about her :-)

Hey folks - I'm really stoned from the drugs, but I'll do my best to give you a blow-by-blow!

Didn't sleep great last night - was crampy and sore, and peeing every 10 mins! Belly was like a rock. Took paracetamol and my antibiotic at 8am, and managed to drift off untill about 11am. Got up to pee, and saw that I had a little bloody mucus, and my knickers were damp. About half an hour later, my waters broke! Rang my sister and himself, and had a shower - bybrhevtime I got out of the shower, I was having strong regular contractions. Headed in to Holles street about 1.30.
    Once I got there, I was brought straight to the delivery ward. I was examined, and although I wasn't dilated, I was fully effaced and my cervix was thin. I also found out that I had group B strep (from a swabbed taken when I was in the other day) so they told me they'd have to give me oxytocin to get labour started. They have me an hour to try myself, then the drip went on. Within half an hour I was having really strong contractions, but baby wasn't liking them at all - his heart rate was seriously dropping.
    All of a sudden, the room was filled with doctors - I was going for an emergency section under GA, and I was going NOW! Within five minutes, I was on the table & knocked out. Hugo Nicholas was born at 18.33.
    I woke up in recovery DYING to meet my little man. Eventually got to meet him at 9pm. Here's where it gets really scary. I tried to breastfeed him, but he went pale & floppy - I rang for a midwife, and she shot off up the corridor with him. Seemingly when I was in recovery, he was a very sleepy boy, and now he was just not happy. He's fine now, but will be spending the night in NICU, just to make sure he's okay. I miss him! I only had him for five minutes!
    So, I'll update tomorrow once I've seen him, for now, I'm gonna try and sleep off the morphine!

Hey folks - I'm really stoned from the drugs, but I'll do my best to give you a blow-by-blow!

Didn't sleep great last night - was crampy and sore, and peeing every 10 mins! Belly was like a rock. Took paracetamol and my antibiotic at 8am, and managed to drift off untill about 11am. Got up to pee, and saw that I had a little bloody mucus, and my knickers were damp. About half an hour later, my waters broke! Rang my sister and himself, and had a shower - bybrhevtime I got out of the shower, I was having strong regular contractions. Headed in to Holles street about 1.30.
    Once I got there, I was brought straight to the delivery ward. I was examined, and although I wasn't dilated, I was fully effaced and my cervix was thin. I also found out that I had group B strep (from a swabbed taken when I was in the other day) so they told me they'd have to give me oxytocin to get labour started. They have me an hour to try myself, then the drip went on. Within half an hour I was having really strong contractions, but baby wasn't liking them at all - his heart rate was seriously dropping.
    All of a sudden, the room was filled with doctors - I was going for an emergency section under GA, and I was going NOW! Within five minutes, I was on the table & knocked out. Hugo Nicholas was born at 18.33.
    I woke up in recovery DYING to meet my little man. Eventually got to meet him at 9pm. Here's where it gets really scary. I tried to breastfeed him, but he went pale & floppy - I rang for a midwife, and she shot off up the corridor with him. Seemingly when I was in recovery, he was a very sleepy boy, and now he was just not happy. He's fine now, but will be spending the night in NICU, just to make sure he's okay. I miss him! I only had him for five minutes!
    So, I'll update tomorrow once I've seen him, for now, I'm gonna try and sleep off the morphine!

Congrats hes beautiful. Hope you have a well deserved sleep and feel better tomorrow x

He's beautiful, congratulations.

Sleep, I know how horrible a c section under GA is... sleep off the operation while you have the chance. He's being looked after up in NICU. You need your rest and it will be a credit to you in the coming days.

Now, as a mod, I order you to get off boards and rest! :p

Oh big huge congratulations xxx hes gorgeous xx

He is gorgous!! Congratulations!!

Was thinking about you all evening, just home from hospital myself, ended up in with a false alarm and sent home again.

Was thinking about you all evening, just home from hospital myself, ended up in with a false alarm and sent home again.

Eeek ;-( how you feeling now xx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Can't believe I somehow unfollowed the thread yesterday. Oh nikpmup, he's so gorgeous!

What a traumatic time you had though. Emergency sections are terrifying even if not under GA and then the added worry of a baby in NICU. You're both in the right place now and you'll be home before you know it.

He's sturdy looking for 36 weeks. Gorgeous name too. Congratulations!

Groucho, how are you doing now? Hope alls good.

I just talked one of the staff into bringing me up to NICU to see him at 3am, he's on IV antibiotics and in an incubator, because I had group B strep. He should be back on the ward with me tommorow. I can't wait :) thank you all for the good wishes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Huge congrats nikpmup - he's gorgeous!

I'm sure he'll be out of NICU soon and you'll be able to stare at him all day in utter amazement!

Advertisement