Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

Congrats nikpmup! beautiful lil boy!!!

My hubby just told me that my belly seems different today, bigger and kind of heavier looking, i had a ton of movements yesterday and thought it looks a lil different during my nite time loo visits so im really hoping it means its dropping finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

what kind of buggy do all of you have?? ive just taken mine out and i really hate it!! i need advice sharpish haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Congrats nikpmup!!!! He is gorgeous. I love the name. Hope you both feel better soon and am sure little man will be back with you before you know it.

Madisson , we got a chameleon bugaboo. We didn't have to buy any other big stuff and we got 2 generous vouchers for Tony Kealys so we didn't feel too bad splashing out.

Roesy wrote: »

Madisson , we got a chameleon bugaboo. We didn't have to buy any other big stuff and we got 2 generous vouchers for Tony Kealys so we didn't feel too bad splashing out.

i really like them too but bit out of my price range. tony kealys have a sale on quinny buzz at the moment and have the car seat and all in the offer. are they good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Feeling much better today thanks ladies. Had a funny turn over at a frends last night, gave her more of a fright than myself, ended up fainting on the poor thing so she panicked and brought me in, was getting bad Braxton hicks so I think she thought I was about to go. Turned out to be low blood pressure. Definitely wasn't started into labour anyway, was told to go home and rest and lay off visiting people given that Im due tomorrow. So now Im on bed rest.....finding relaxing very difficult!!

• Advertisement

Madisson wrote: »
    i really like them too but bit out of my price range. tony kealys have a sale on quinny buzz at the moment and have the car seat and all in the offer. are they good?

A couple of my friends have the Quinny Buzz and really like them. Would probably gone for one myself but husband really liked the Bugaboo. It is a bit crazy in price alright but getting the vouchers definitely swayed us towards it in the end.

A couple of my friends have the Quinny Buzz and really like them. Would probably gone for one myself but husband really liked the Bugaboo. It is a bit crazy in price alright but getting the vouchers definitely swayed us towards it in the end.

Ye if I was in you r situation I def would have got one. Theyre so classy looking too. do you know what s better the 3 or 4 wheel quinny buzz?

i got a travel system from baby elegance, the price was amazing and its so light which considering that i live on the second floor with no elevator was a key factor i choosing it...pretty happy with the looks of it too and the basket thingy at the bottom is really nice and big.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

We went with the baby elegance too delighted with it we have it all set up as the pram as I think we will have the baby nap in that during the day. Love how light the car seat is too. Was looking at a silvercross one but the car seat was so heavy I couldn't imagine lifting it with a baby in it too.

We went with the baby elegance too delighted with it we have it all set up as the pram as I think we will have the baby nap in that during the day. Love how light the car seat is too. Was looking at a silvercross one but the car seat was so heavy I couldn't imagine lifting it with a baby in it too.

the car seat is amazing, lightest ive seen so far! cant wait to take the pram for a test drive :) hopefully not long from now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

nikpmup wrote: »
    Hugo Nicholas was born at 18.33.

He's a dote, congratulations. Love the name too, so unusual. Hope ye are reunited soon.

It's all boys this month! Was in the hospital on Friday and saw a record of babies born that day, long list of boys and only two girls!

I am two days overdue and despite being told all along that baby is nicely down and in good position, had quick internal exam and baby's head is still very high on Friday with nothing happening. Getting loads of signs from the body, cramps etc, but think I might be hanging tough for a while. Midwife thinks I'll go to max time and will be booking induction date on Wed. Slept like a log last night and had a nap this evening for first time ever. Oh I hope baby proves midwife wrong and everything kick starts in the next few days. Getting sick of the constant "anything stirring?" messages.

Got a quinny buzz in a grey/purple colour.. its FAB :) now to just sell the other one i have to slightly justify what i spent on it :P

Im sooo fed up..pains in my back, cramps in my front, sometimes i move and feel like my pelvis is going to break. I was so energetic the last few weeks and now im just drained. 2 weeks 3 days to go... feels like a life time

1st October -- PuddingHead -- Surprise -- CUMH - boy (born 4th September)
    3rd October -- livinsane -- Surprise -- CUMH
    3rd October -- monday monday -- Surprise -- Holles St
    5th October -- Das Kitty -- Boy -- UCHG [Born: 30th Sept]
    7th October -- Wooha -- Boy -- CUMH
    10th October -- groucho marx -- Surprise -- ?
    10th October -- Knock13 -- Surprise -- ?
    11th October -- freudiangirl -- Surprise -- CUMH
    13th October -- trinz23 -- Surprise -- boy (born September 17th)
    14th October -- schoolhouse -- Surprise -- Cavan
    18th October -- inlikeflynn86 -- Surprise -- WRH
    20th October -- naughto's misses -- Surprise -- ?
    22nd October -- Madisson -- Girl -- ?
    26th October -- DoctorBoo -- Surprise -- ?
    28th October -- Roesy -- Surprise -- CUMH
    30th October -- nikpmup -- Surprise -- Holles St---boy (born 4th October)
    30th October -- chicita -- Surprise -- Limerick

Just updating the list with nikpmups little man. The boys are coming out on top at the moment. Bet I'll be last woman standing. This baby feels very comfortable where it is at the moment.

Madisson wrote: »
    Got a quinny buzz in a grey/purple colour.. its FAB :) now to just sell the other one i have to slightly justify what i spent on it :P

Im sooo fed up..pains in my back, cramps in my front, sometimes i move and feel like my pelvis is going to break. I was so energetic the last few weeks and now im just drained. 2 weeks 3 days to go... feels like a life time

I love purple! Did you go for the 3 or 4 wheel? Think my crowd both have the 3 wheel. I didn't see a 4 wheel when we were looking.

...I miss being able to put my socks on without difficulty.
    New LoveHate tonight, anybody anticipating the excitement to get the bump going now breaking bads over and didn't do it ;)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

...I miss being able to put my socks on without difficulty.
    New LoveHate tonight, anybody anticipating the excitement to get the bump going now breaking bads over and didn't do it ;)?

Haha,

Ive been warned if i was to go into labour tonight to wait til after lovehate ....

Had forgotten that was starting back tonight. Yay!

Haha,

Ive been warned if i was to go into labour tonight to wait til after lovehate ....

Ha yea pretty much same deal here, keep the legs crossed til the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Oh god! Ridiculous as it sounds, I'm so glad I got the BB finale out of the way before junior popped!

Oh god! Ridiculous as it sounds, I'm so glad I got the BB finale out of the way before junior popped!

hahaha, I was dreading mine starting just before I started watching! We really are sad ;)

• Advertisement

Had forgotten that was starting back tonight. Yay!

Im more excited at the fact im getting a curry chip to eat while watching it....

Do you find you have more of an appetite now??? Im really bad..

Im more excited at the fact im getting a curry chip to eat while watching it....

Do you find you have more of an appetite now??? Im really bad..

Dunno is baby squashing my stomach or what. Not really too hungry at all at the moment. Am feeling a bit off the last few days though so that could have something to do with it too. Was ravenous about a week ago though!

I do, I seem to be hungry all the time now, I asked the dr was it normal and he said it is and to give in to it and eat as much as I want at this stage.
    I do find though that Im still feeling sick after eating, its a bit horrible Im starving but afraid to eat because I know Ill be ill about 2 hours after.

I do, I seem to be hungry all the time now, I asked the dr was it normal and he said it is and to give in to it and eat as much as I want at this stage.
    I do find though that Im still feeling sick after eating, its a bit horrible Im starving but afraid to eat because I know Ill be ill about 2 hours after.

Just ate my curry chip and also got a regular burger... Still hungry so eating pieces of pineapple...

I never had a big appetite so this is new to me :/) a few weeks ago anytime i felt hungry as soon as i ate felt full too... But now its never ending!!

Oooh not long now til the Nidge Weasel is on :-)

Just ate my curry chip and also got a regular burger... Still hungry so eating pieces of pineapple...

I never had a big appetite so this is new to me :/) a few weeks ago anytime i felt hungry as soon as i ate felt full too... But now its never ending!!

Oooh not long now til the Nidge Weasel is on :-)

Curry and LoveHate!! Yours could start coming tonight ;) Youd be obliged to call it Nidge then you know :D

Curry and LoveHate!! Yours could start coming tonight ;) Youd be obliged to call it Nidge then you know :D

Trust me, it has been suggested :-) ... OH thinks he does a great nidge impression.... I leave him think he does... No stirring apart from the party on my bladder :/(

I have never been so tired. /fact

He's having the next one.

*visualises a paternity hospital in her delirious state, full of bepyjamaed men, shuffling about, cradling newborns, some of whom might be weeping, while glamourous, polished women in heels come in to visit.*

I have never been so tired. /fact

He's having the next one.

*visualises a paternity hospital in her delirious state, full of bepyjamaed men, shuffling about, cradling newborns, some of whom might be weeping, while glamourous, polished women in heels come in to visit.*

Haha weird image i have in my mind !!

Hope you and the lil man are keeping well hun xx

Haha weird image i have in my mind !!

Hope you and the lil man are keeping well hun xx

Tired, but okay. There's a woman at the end of the ward on the poxing PHONE at 7.30am telling her mate about what an unsettled night she had. Yes, we know. We were awake through every screech your child made. We were also awake through every "oh, PRINCESS!!! What's wrong??!!" All night. We're awake now, listening to you re tell it. Even though this is the first time all night all the babies are quiet and all the women are trying to catch some zzz's before they wake up. I will commit murder today.

• Advertisement

Tired, but okay. There's a woman at the end of the ward on the poxing PHONE at 7.30am telling her mate about what an unsettled night she had. Yes, we know. We were awake through every screech your child made. We were also awake through every "oh, PRINCESS!!! What's wrong??!!" All night. We're awake now, listening to you re tell it. Even though this is the first time all night all the babies are quiet and all the women are trying to catch some zzz's before they wake up. I will commit murder today.

So inconsiderate! I take it you'll be in for a few days yet?

After my talk last night of having v. little appetite the last few days , I woke starving around 4am. Must have been the talk of the curry chips. Couldn't face getting up. Bit of water had to do me :-(

Advertisement