Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

nikpmup wrote: »
    Tired, but okay. There's a woman at the end of the ward on the poxing PHONE at 7.30am telling her mate about what an unsettled night she had. Yes, we know. We were awake through every screech your child made. We were also awake through every "oh, PRINCESS!!! What's wrong??!!" All night. We're awake now, listening to you re tell it. Even though this is the first time all night all the babies are quiet and all the women are trying to catch some zzz's before they wake up. I will commit murder today.

What a b!tch :-( hope you try get a bitta sleep, I know, easier said then done :-(

Roesy, hope you have a nice big breakfast :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

She's going home today thank god.

I'm frikkin STARVING! They don't feed you much here! I'm gonna get him to bring me in some contraband later :)

There's a super macs and subway across from the hospital down here.... I also have the mil making me soup.... The food we have is nasty in the hospital....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Get your hubby to bring you a sleep mask and earplugs so you can block out the world and have a couple of hours of a dose.

Have you had a shower yet? I always felt brill after one.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Get your hubby to bring you a sleep mask and earplugs so you can block out the world and have a couple of hours of a dose.

Have you had a shower yet? I always felt brill after one.

Oh, I've been having 2 a day! Nothing like it! Can't really use earplugs cos my hearing isn't brilliant, and my little man's whimpers aren't quite as ear-piercing as the rest of the wards, so I won't hear him! He's very quiet.... No doubt that will change! I'll have a kip in the afternoon when my partner is here and can mind junior.

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Oh, I've been having 2 a day! Nothing like it! Can't really use earplugs cos my hearing isn't brilliant, and my little man's whimpers aren't quite as ear-piercing as the rest of the wards, so I won't hear him! He's very quiet.... No doubt that will change! I'll have a kip in the afternoon when my partner is here and can mind junior.

There were twins in the next bed to me. One of them sounded like a bleeding seagull!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

oh god I hope Im not the woman with the screaming baby that keeps everybody awake when Im in!

...Defo goina put more food in the bag, was in Friday and they kept saying we`l be back to you now with toast and 45 minutes later the hunger was gone off me. Be providing my own snacks I think.
    Might start at the curry later, last week I really thought baby was going to come any day, cramps are gone completely now and it seems to be comfy where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Thought something was happening yest but think ive just a stomach bug. Vomiting and the runs booo :( hot water bottle and bed it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My in-laws are here painting today. Made the mistake of saying I felt a bit off and a bit sniffly. Now every time I move off the couch I get given out to.

oh god I hope Im not the woman with the screaming baby that keeps everybody awake when Im in

It's not the screaming babies I mind, it's the screaming mothers lol!

• Advertisement

Yeah, babies cry. James was the crier in the ward when I had him. Don't worry about your baby being to noisy as it'll stress you out. No one expects to sleep in the postnatal ward.

The thing that pissed me off last time was the girl in the next bed's husband bringing in the two older kids each morning and leaving them there for the day. Then the 7 billion visitors she had and her late night yapping on the phone. Grr.

Everyone was lovely this time.

Starving again, this bump has some appetite on it.

Feed it, you might not get the chance to eat on demand for a while yet!

Just made a bagel and had a galaxy ripple after.... Still hungry :-(

Carb up, ladies - it's like preparing for a marathon!

Im starving but cant keep anything down.:(

I sneezed and peed myself...my life had reached an all time low haha

Madisson wrote: »
    Im starving but cant keep anything down.:(

I sneezed and peed myself...my life had reached an all time low haha

Lol,sorry for laughing! Has happened me too
    Are u ladies using anyting for the cramps?im afraid to take a panadol bt suffering a lot tonite

Are u ladies using anyting for the cramps?im afraid to take a panadol bt suffering a lot tonite

Paracetamols fine to take, don't suffer if you don't have to.

At least i was at home haha

Paracetamol. ... take them :D ive an awful pain in my hooha.

At least i was at home haha

Paracetamol. ... take them :D ive an awful pain in my hooha.

I had to take one for my hooha :-/

I dont even know if i slept.... I was really warm during the night, convinced my waters broke but underwear just seemed a bit damp. Im in hospital today so il tell them. My mouth is burning so i dont know if im getting ulcers or what. Still coughing....

Hurry on bean!!

• Advertisement

I had to take one for my hooha :-/

I dont even know if i slept.... I was really warm during the night, convinced my waters broke but underwear just seemed a bit damp. Im in hospital today so il tell them. My mouth is burning so i dont know if im getting ulcers or what. Still coughing....

Hurry on bean!!

Jayyysis the pain is awful. I was up and about most of the night.

Ye im finding im roasting at night. Changing bedclothes every night cause im waking up sweating.

Jayyysis the pain is awful. I was up and about most of the night.

Ye im finding im roasting at night. Changing bedclothes every night cause im waking up sweating.

Same here roasting at night! Its like an internal storage heater, but one that just loves lying on my bladder, its like its waiting to see on which public occasion Ill go in my pants!

I'm normally a cold creature but I've been roasting throughout the pregnancy. Thankfully haven't experienced the 'sneeze wees'(as my friend so delicately refers to it) yet!

Had a different dr than my usual today. He booked me back in for the end of next week with my usual consultant and mentioned that I might get an internal exam. Will be about 38 and a half weeks at that stage. Just wondering is this the norm? Got the impression from talking to others that usually you don't get an internal until labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You don't have to have the internal if you don't want it. :)

Hey Roesy I was offered one this morning also, they said it may get things going, or may not but they are obliged to offer them at 39/40 weeks. I didn't get it, personal preference I guess, they were fine with me saying no but just said for some women it helps start them but no guarantee. Id rather hold out a few more days and see if things kick off by thereself.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Ill be 40+2 tomorrow at my CUMH appointment and I was told last week that I would be having an internal + sweep...
    Cant make up my mind whether I want it or not...
    Would love to get things started, but then again, dont want to rush if he's not quite ready to come out...

Thanks ladies. I have no problem getting one done if it's necessary but not if it's just to get things moving. Don't want to budge bubs unnecessarily if he/she is happy. My amniotic fluid is still just about hanging in at a level they are comfortable with so I could end up being induced a little early anyway. Will see what the usual guy says about it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

im thinking of going for a private scan and internal exam on sunday (ill be 39+6) to see how big is she and if shes ready to come out, was hoping that i can have it done in rotunda free of charge but midwife said they usually dont do it unless im way over due...gonna ask again tomorrow about it on my check up maybe a different midwife will give me a referral :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Wooha wrote: »
    Ill be 40+2 tomorrow at my CUMH appointment and I was told last week that I would be having an internal + sweep...
    Cant make up my mind whether I want it or not...
    Would love to get things started, but then again, dont want to rush if he's not quite ready to come out...

I had the same dilemma on Friday - was one day over. I decided I didn't want a sweep and midwife offered a gentle internal exam. Literally took 5 seconds, just enough to check baby position [v high!] and cervix [thick!]. So basically no where near anything happening. It was good to find out where things stood though.

Im back in tomorrow and will be six days over. Don't even want to think about the possibility of no progress made. If they tell me that baby's head has dropped, I think I'll agree to a sweep because it will hopefully allow me to avoid a full on induction, which is looming now. I wish nature would take course so I'd have no choice! I'll see what the midwife advises too.

• Advertisement

Had an ante natal today with my gp, seeing him instead of the hospital untill 40 weeks but head is fully engaged and he could only feel her jaw so shes well in there. He said that could mean I could easily go early but she could also stand her ground and keep me waiting... so no news at all. He let me hear her heart beat with his stethoscope. . Was amazing :) sounded like a real heart beat rather than the banging of the trace :)

Advertisement