Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

That's deadly that they could tell it was fully engaged, my guy now didn't say if it was fully engaged or not.............I really do not ask enough when I go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

That's deadly that they could tell it was fully engaged, my guy now didn't say if it was fully engaged or not.............I really do not ask enough when I go in.

Im like that in the hospital.. never ask questions but ive been seeing the same gp all my life so he volunteers all the info :) with a maximum 9 days over baby has to be here in 22 days

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

so had a check up today and the midwife wasnt too happy with my blood pressure so have to go into hospital tomorrow for monitoring but on the upside i will get to see the LO again coz she wasnt sure if baba is head down so needs to confirm with a scan :) cant say i mind :) im curious to see how tomorrow goes, hope this spell of high blood pressure is just a one off not some developing problem :/

Heartburn is unbelievably bad today,its almst like even the rennie and milk are making it worse

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Heartburn is unbelievably bad today,its almst like even the rennie and milk are making it worse

Milk will make it worse. It makes it better for a short while and then worse.

Hope all goes well tomorrow Hanna!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Induction booked for Monday evening. I'll be eleven days over. Doc predicting high chance of c section due to a combination of baby still not engaged (happily bobbing around in all my fluid as he put it), large baby [9lb mark] vs my narrow frame. The size I am not worried about, and I know they can over estimate. Myself and my five siblings were all 9lb plus and my mother is smaller than me. For years I thought it was a normal weight for a baby and expected nothing less!

Hadn't even considered the possibility of a section as the pregnancy has been a delight and have been told at every scan that "baby is in a lovely position". Fingers crossed that induction will work and head will engage naturally during labour but I'll have to prepare myself for it. I've been trying natural methods to promote engagement/labour but Im not convinced that they work unless the hormones are co-operating. Whatever happens, I hope I'll have a baby in my arms by Tuesday. Feels like a lifetime of waiting.

livinsane i hope nature will take its course and surprise you with contractions before monday comes! and if your lo is still gonna be a no show by monday than i will be keeping my fingers crossed for induction to work its magic! soon all that long wait will be over and you r going to have your gorgeous baby !

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow Hanna, will be thinking of you.
    Livinsane fingers crossed that your baby gets into position before Monday. Have any of you tried the curry by the way or pineapple Ive also heard can get the labour going ??

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow Hanna, will be thinking of you.
    Livinsane fingers crossed that your baby gets into position before Monday. Have any of you tried the curry by the way or pineapple Ive also heard can get the labour going ??

If you've heard em, I've tried em! Have eaten two whole pineapples in last few days - just gave me acid burn in my mouth - and had curry every day for last few days. I eat spicy food all the time anyway. Raspberry leaf tea....gym ball....think Im just going to go with the flow from now on.

livinsane wrote: »
    If you've heard em, I've tried em! Have eaten two whole pineapples in last few days - just gave me acid burn in my mouth - and had curry every day for last few days. I eat spicy food all the time anyway. Raspberry leaf tea....gym ball....think Im just going to go with the flow from now on.

I haven't tried any yet, was afraid the curry and the acidy fruit would make the heartburn worse. Yea I think your probably right that when its meant to happen it will happen.Have always just wondered though aside from probably the runs did any of this stuff get anyone moving ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I haven't tried any yet, was afraid the curry and the acidy fruit would make the heartburn worse. Yea I think your probably right that when its meant to happen it will happen.Have always just wondered though aside from probably the runs did any of this stuff get anyone moving ;)

I went for a chinese the day before I went into labour. It was probably pot luck but I like to think the meal helped me along :P madisson and I are going to the same restaurant so we can get her moving :P

I've been getting savage heartburn all along but it improved when I cut down on the amount of tomatoes I was eating! Didn't notice the pineapple making it worse but man it can burn the mouth off you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Pineapple etc in large quantities are meant to induce the runs/stomach cramps, which is in turn supposed to cause contractions, so yeah, they work by causing the runs!

Ive the runs and vomiting again tonight. Doesnt help with the heart burn :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Morning all....

Little Thomas was born at 12.48 yesterday afternoon by electic c-section weighing 6.15.... Hes just a little prince, im besotted with him.

I got a spinal block, which wasnt the greatest experiences. Apparently i have a full fear of needles. From 3pm onwards i started vomiting and didnt stop until 9 last night. At 10 they took me out of the bed to walk around and get moving... Only started taking pain relief a half hour ago and will take my arnica from morning onwards....

They took Thomas to the nursery for the night as i was so sick and he was also mucosy so will try get some sleep now...

I will checkin soon again xx

Congrats inlikeflynn on your bundle of joy!! Great news:-) hope you start to feel better soon!

Congrats :) hope youre feeling better after the sleep xx

I havent slept yet eughh

Congratulations inlikeflynn! And another boy! Hope you are well rested now and ready to start the day! Love coming on here and seeing news of another birth.

I started getting fierce pressure last night, the likes of which I haven't experienced yet, hope this means baby head is finally moving down. Getting "the show" this morning accompanied by light cramping. Maybe we can get this party started before Mondays induction! Im so excited. Excuse me while I go bounce on my ball....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Congrats inlikeflynn another lovely boy. Take care of yourself

Livinsane hopefully this is nature taking its course and you will go before being induced. Good luck!

My due date is today and I'm thinking this little one is far too happy inside, no stirrings or signs just yet. Been on the gym ball and taking the raspberry tea, haven't tried pineapple yet! Must go buy some today and see if that gets anything moving. Had a dream last night that I go to consultant on Monday and told I need c section so I'm hoping it's not me seeing into future!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Congratulations inlikeflynn! And welcome Thomas!

Livinsane, sounds good! Get bouncing, I've my fingers crossed for you x

• Advertisement

Inlikeflynn big congrats on you little man!

Im stuck in hospital for the day monitoring my blood pressure, hope it goes down coz theres talk of stayin for the nite:-(
    Also just found out that baby is breech! Gona have to get a c section, waiting for the doc to schedule it,might b a mom sooner than i thought especially if my bp doesnt go down...bit sad i wont b able to bring my girl to this world on my own:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

I had the same dilemma on Friday - was one day over. I decided I didn't want a sweep and midwife offered a gentle internal exam. Literally took 5 seconds, just enough to check baby position [v high!] and cervix [thick!]. So basically no where near anything happening. It was good to find out where things stood though.

Im back in tomorrow and will be six days over. Don't even want to think about the possibility of no progress made. If they tell me that baby's head has dropped, I think I'll agree to a sweep because it will hopefully allow me to avoid a full on induction, which is looming now. I wish nature would take course so I'd have no choice! I'll see what the midwife advises too.

I got a quick sweep in the end as cervix was soft and 1 cm dilated, but very sore, so stopped her after 3 seconds.
    Booked on for induction next week Wednesday, but hopefully I can squeeze him out before then :-)
    Going for some accupuncture this afternoon, so fingers crossed it helps to get things started!

Hope your cramping this morning is the real deal - good luck!

Congrats inlikeflynn - hope you're feeling better today.

Congratulations inlikeflynn! And another boy! Hope you are well rested now and ready to start the day! Love coming on here and seeing news of another birth.

I started getting fierce pressure last night, the likes of which I haven't experienced yet, hope this means baby head is finally moving down. Getting "the show" this morning accompanied by light cramping. Maybe we can get this party started before Mondays induction! Im so excited. Excuse me while I go bounce on my ball....:D

ouuu exciting :) Don't want to be rude but "the show" just wondering is this as obvious as people make it out to be,.... Im afraid Ill get it and not notice, is that possible? Light cramping here too, due date is today but definitely not enough cramping to make me think its the real thing just yet.

ouuu exciting :) Don't want to be rude but "the show" just wondering is this as obvious as people make it out to be,.... Im afraid Ill get it and not notice, is that possible? Light cramping here too, due date is today but definitely not enough cramping to make me think its the real thing just yet.
    My show was a little bit of pink/blood streaked mucus, I only noticed it when I went for a pee - it wasn't very much. I had expected a handful of jelly! I didn't even know it was a show, only realised when my waters broke half an hour later. I also had light cramping, like mild period pain - again, didn't realise what it was, put it down to the kidney infection.

Bp went down so im goin home. Got a c section booked on tuesday! Gosh ill be a mommy in few days! Excited and anxious at the same time.

I didn't get a big plug or anything but mine has been gradual all day. Its blood tinged discharge. Rang the hospital this morning because I couldn't remember if there was supposed to be blood or not but she said it was normal but to keep and eye on it. There's not much colour, just stained. I was getting cramping last week but was still showing zero progress at check ups. My cramps today have changed from a constant dull ache, like a period pain, to what I think are light contractions. They are beginning, rising to a peak and falling away to nothing, along with stomach hardening, but still not at a level that Id call painful. I took the opportunity to have an hours nap and woke to find that one nipple has leaked some nice yellow milk! Baby still moving around like normal. Still reserving the thought that it might not progress into full labour but any step closer is a victory after expecting to be going into the induction stone cold!

Good luck Hanna V, hope you are more excited than anxious! If the baby is breech its great to have the section booked so everything is under control and you can look forward to meeting s/he in a relaxed safe environment. I did a search on recovering from a c section on this forum and there are some great tips especially one about tying a rope along the side of your bed to help you to pull yourself out of it!

Thanks Ladies, I think I worry too much about what I should be seeing or what should be happening. Cramps are gone here now and I swear this baby must have an ass as big as my own because it manages to jam it in the most uncomfortable way under my ribs!

thnx livinsane i will have a look at the forum!

I didn't get a big plug or anything but mine has been gradual all day. Its blood tinged discharge. Rang the hospital this morning because I couldn't remember if there was supposed to be blood or not but she said it was normal but to keep and eye on it. There's not much colour, just stained. I was getting cramping last week but was still showing zero progress at check ups. My cramps today have changed from a constant dull ache, like a period pain, to what I think are light contractions. They are beginning, rising to a peak and falling away to nothing, along with stomach hardening, but still not at a level that Id call painful. I took the opportunity to have an hours nap and woke to find that one nipple has leaked some nice yellow milk! Baby still moving around like normal. Still reserving the thought that it might not progress into full labour but any step closer is a victory after expecting to be going into the induction stone cold!

Good luck Hanna V, hope you are more excited than anxious! If the baby is breech its great to have the section booked so everything is under control and you can look forward to meeting s/he in a relaxed safe environment. I did a search on recovering from a c section on this forum and there are some great tips especially one about tying a rope along the side of your bed to help you to pull yourself out of it!

That's a feckin great idea! It's really hard to pull yourself up from lying down!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Morning all....

Little Thomas was born at 12.48 yesterday afternoon by electic c-section weighing 6.15.... Hes just a little prince, im besotted with him.

I got a spinal block, which wasnt the greatest experiences. Apparently i have a full fear of needles. From 3pm onwards i started vomiting and didnt stop until 9 last night. At 10 they took me out of the bed to walk around and get moving... Only started taking pain relief a half hour ago and will take my arnica from morning onwards....

They took Thomas to the nursery for the night as i was so sick and he was also mucosy so will try get some sleep now...

I will checkin soon again xx

Congrats!

As you already know, I highly approve of the name!

hanna, I found the elective section a lovely experience (barring the spinal block part). It was just dreamy in comparison to my first experience. I'm finding the section recovery much easier this time too. Make sure to have some nice comfy trackie bottoms. I had to go and buy some today as I only had a maternity pair which were a little, eh, camel-toe-ish. :D

livinsane, I'd be shocked if you don't have your baby by Sunday. Your plug is going and you're contracting.

It's all systems go in here now. So exciting for everyone! :D

Advertisement