Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think the skipping rope tip was one of your very own wasn't it Das Kitty?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

January wrote: »
    I think the skipping rope tip was one of your very own wasn't it Das Kitty?

Possibly. I might have read about it, but I never used it myself as I was able to get up myself after both of mine. I even gave my monkeybar away after the first night this time.

BTW, I was told at the hospital for anyone considering using arnica tablets, that a large amount of it passes into breastmilk, so it's not recommended. The creams are grand though apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

This things started trick or treating early, definitely a creature of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Had a surprise baby shower last night. Feel all emotional today haha

was up vomiting for the night, didn't get much ms but def making up for it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

1st October -- PuddingHead -- Surprise -- CUMH - boy (born 4th September)
    3rd October -- livinsane -- Surprise -- CUMH
    3rd October -- monday monday -- Surprise -- Holles St
    5th October -- Das Kitty -- Boy -- UCHG [Born: 30th Sept]
    7th October -- Wooha -- Boy -- CUMH
    10th October -- groucho marx -- Surprise -- ?
    10th October -- Knock13 -- Surprise -- ?
    11th October -- freudiangirl -- Surprise -- CUMH
    13th October -- trinz23 -- Surprise -- boy (born September 17th)
    14th October -- schoolhouse -- Surprise -- Cavan
    18th October -- inlikeflynn86 -- Surprise -- WRH---boy (born October 9th)
    20th October -- naughto's misses -- Surprise -- ?
    22nd October -- Madisson -- Girl -- ?
    26th October -- DoctorBoo -- Surprise -- ?
    28th October -- Roesy -- Surprise -- CUMH
    30th October -- nikpmup -- Surprise -- Holles St---boy (born 4th October)
    30th October -- chicita -- Surprise -- Limerick

Just adding inlikeflynn. Wonder who'll be next?????

Hope you feel better soon Madisson. I really don't miss the vomitting!!!
    I've a bit of a head cold I can't shift at the moment. Very annoying. I know paracetamol is fine to take, must see can I get some sort of throat lozenges today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I wonder who'll have the first girl :)

Am I the only one that knows they're having a girl? ,I better be anyways or he will be wearing pink for the first year haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Congrats!

As you already know, I highly approve of the name!

hanna, I found the elective section a lovely experience (barring the spinal block part). It was just dreamy in comparison to my first experience. I'm finding the section recovery much easier this time too. Make sure to have some nice comfy trackie bottoms. I had to go and buy some today as I only had a maternity pair which were a little, eh, camel-toe-ish. :D

livinsane, I'd be shocked if you don't have your baby by Sunday. Your plug is going and you're contracting.

It's all systems go in here now. So exciting for everyone! :D

Haha it was really dreamy :-) at the time i thought it was just been nervous but i was totally spaced out, mark showed me pics on his phone afterwards of me and Tommy (shortened all ready!) and i look out of it! I can remember the tugging and pulling but it was fine.

Im really only up and about today and getting use to his routine... Hes a big guzzler and still getting his wind up straight away... Im trying my best not to give him a dummy straight away but its harder! I think il give in tonight!!

Still have my sexy teds on.... Feet are like big foots!! Cant bring myself to look at wound so leaving the nurses do it... Hopefully il be home Sunday :-)

Hope everyone will have news soon xx

Haha it was really dreamy :-) at the time i thought it was just been nervous but i was totally spaced out, mark showed me pics on his phone afterwards of me and Tommy (shortened all ready!) and i look out of it! I can remember the tugging and pulling but it was fine.

Im really only up and about today and getting use to his routine... Hes a big guzzler and still getting his wind up straight away... Im trying my best not to give him a dummy straight away but its harder! I think il give in tonight!!

Still have my sexy teds on.... Feet are like big foots!! Cant bring myself to look at wound so leaving the nurses do it... Hopefully il be home Sunday :-)

Hope everyone will have news soon xx

I can only remember snatches of what went on in the half hour before I was taken for my section, and the aftermath was horrible - I was absolutely trolleyed on morphine. They gave me a pump in the recovery room, and told me to keep pressing it, which I did. When I was brought down to the ward I was really out of it, so much so that when Hugo was rushed off to NICU I was almost detached from the situation. I remember telling my partner to go and find out what was going on, but it was very unreal and almost as if all my emotion was gone. I was freaked out by that, so much so that I refused to go back on the morphine, I took paracetamol instead.
    As for my wound, a lot of the midwives and the PHN have remarked that I'm very bruised - I reckon they yanked me open in a not-so-delicate manner to get him out fast! The wound is grand, really stingy on one side, the PHN reckoned that's where the knot in the stitch is :) it's quite bumpy, I hope it flattens! I never did get back to the beauticians to get tidied up, I had been planning to get another Hollywood wax the week he came! The best laid plans.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Congrats!

As you already know, I highly approve of the name!

hanna, I found the elective section a lovely experience (barring the spinal block part). It was just dreamy in comparison to my first experience. I'm finding the section recovery much easier this time too. Make sure to have some nice comfy trackie bottoms. I had to go and buy some today as I only had a maternity pair which were a little, eh, camel-toe-ish. :D

livinsane, I'd be shocked if you don't have your baby by Sunday. Your plug is going and you're contracting.

It's all systems go in here now. So exciting for everyone! :D

Das Kitty i just got a nice PJ bottoms today that r to serve me as trackie ones coz they were just so nice and soft and with higher waist to hide those horrendous cotton grannie panties ive got from penneys :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

Madisson wrote: »
    Am I the only one that knows they're having a girl? ,I better be anyways or he will be wearing pink for the first year haha

im havin a girl too but this year belongs to boys for sure! everyone i know who had babies this year had boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Hey all, just to let ye know baby Tomas arrived 12 days early on 29th September at 03:33...... They thought my waters were going from 33 weeks so was playing waiting game and add to that chronic headaches and pressure pain, makes a long last few weeks of pregnancy.

Anyhoo, i went to cumh on the sat morning as pressure was so bad..... Was told I was 2-3cm and 50% effaced, the midwife didn't want me to come home but I was sick of cumh at this point (6 admissions in 7 weeks) .
    I went about my business as usual about ten pm, I started to feel niggly so we went back out to be told I was 4 cm and in labour.
    Got sent to labour ward and midwife who was really nice, was trying to prepare me for it being. another false labour. But she got a shock when she examined me as I was 4 cm and in labour so she gave me a sweep to help things along.

I was then offered a bath, so I had bath for an hour n half was great to relieve pressure.
    Midwife then broke my waters, then pain was unreal from 2:30 ish on wards.....asked foe epidural at three fifteen but only got as far as drip line going in as i was 8cm then pressure was unreal, i had been told baby was looking at stars, i never knew that meant back to back..... I felt need to push at 03:30, only had 3 mins of pushing and baby turned just before he was born. I was a bit traumatised tbh but only got a graze, never realised how gory childbirth is. It was scary but really worth it to meet my son.
    I only used gas n air.....
    I was so shaky after it, I couldn't even hold him ... He bfeed for 5 days but then I went to bottles ....

It sgreat ... Its easy with 2 kids for now....
    delighted!

I am getting my anxiety back again but going to mention it at 2 week check as I want to avoid getting bad pnd again......

Its as if he has been here all time with us, We love him to bits and ds1 is loving him.

Congrats!

It can be shocking when it progresses quickly. Deffo keep an eye on the anxiety, PND is a killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

I know das kitty... Had it really bad after ds1......

The labour was scary.... I only had ten mins of pushing on ds1 and i thought that was traumatic... This one was worse.... Had no pains only discomfort on ds1. The fact that this pushing stage was only 3 mins.... Am terrified of having anymore over it.... I keep having flashbacks of the labour

Congratulations, freudiangirl! Another boy for Team Blue!

I keep having flashbacks to my labour too, and what happened afterwards - my OH's take on it is that I shouldn't dwell on the disaster that was his entry into the world, but rather focus on the fact that he's here now, safe & happy. I know he's right, but I do think it's important to acknowledge the impact of a difficult or traumatic birth, in order that you can process it and move forward.
    At the least, you've had PND before and can recognise it before it gets out of hand.

You're right, nikpmup. I know I couldn't get over my first birth on my own. I got incredibly depressed and it wasn't until James was 1 did I get help.

I'll never be fully over it, but I never would have had Rory if it wasn't for therapy.

If you're still finding it hard to get over in a few months ask your GP. Don't leave it for as long as I did and end up at the bottom of the well with a big climb ahead of you.

I was talking about this with my sister and she made a good point - she told me that I was in danger of losing out on not only the labour/delivery I wanted, but also the first few precious weeks. She advised me that certainly, I needed to process my experience, but not to do so at the cost of this time period because I would regret missing out on enjoying his first few weeks. I think she's right, and I'm going to try to keep this in mind. I think the worst of the baby blues have passed, I've had a weepy few days, compounded by my inability to get him to latch on. I'm expressing all his feeds at the moment, and I've calmed down about it somewhat. I'm going to go and speak to a lactation consultant on Monday and see if he can get onto the boob but I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't - I'll express for as long as is practical.

I wonder if I chain myself to the gates of 5he rotunda they would induce me now. I havent kept food down in 3 days, never felt so low and sh*t ever :(

I wonder if I chain myself to the gates of 5he rotunda they would induce me now. I havent kept food down in 3 days, never felt so low and sh*t ever :(

:( That's no fun. Have you said it to the hospital? Might be worth giving them a ring. I rang mine when I was sick and they had me in straight away for treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Bubs is being very quiet today. Had a cold, sugary drink about 30 mins ago and am now patiently lying on my left side hoping they wake wake up and give me a couple of kicks soon.

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    :( That's no fun. Have you said it to the hospital? Might be worth giving them a ring. I rang mine when I was sick and they had me in straight away for treatment.

Have a few doctors in the family so they're keeping at eye. Actually want this baby out of me now, im going to go crazy

Have a few doctors in the family so they're keeping at eye. Actually want this baby out of me now, im going to go crazy

Same I want it out but im getting myself up in a heap about labour. I have an awfully low pain threshold.

Same I want it out but im getting myself up in a heap about labour. I have an awfully low pain threshold.

I'm in two minds about whether I can cope with labour! They put me on oxytocin; within half an hour there was no gap in my contractions and I was finding it very hard to cope! I was knocked out shortly afterwards so couldn't tell you if I would have coped with the rest of it!

Il be fine with getting knocked out! Any pain relief available I will avail of. I find the pressure in the pelvis at the min hard to deal with at times even.

I'm in two minds about whether I can cope with labour! They put me on oxytocin; within half an hour there was no gap in my contractions and I was finding it very hard to cope! I was knocked out shortly afterwards so couldn't tell you if I would have coped with the rest of it!

Oi you, stop scaring me. I'm planning on sneezing and she will pop right out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Oi you, stop scaring me. I'm planning on sneezing and she will pop right out :D

Thats the same way mine will come out :-) just a big sneeze and he'll be there!

5 days overdue now...

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Sounds like my first labour although i wasn't knocked out and i got through it but wouldn't like a repeat .

Haven't posted in a good while but my little boy was born on Monday weighing 9lbs7 and within 25mins of arriving at hosp. No time for epidural but was fast.

Very tired at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Aw congrats another little baby boy, hope all is well. Lots of boys so far.

Hope mine comes out with a sneeze but somehow don't think that will happen!
    3 days overdue now and nothing stirring yet. Feel like it's never going to happen, maybe just denial really not sure how I will deal with the pain but time will tell!

Il be fine with getting knocked out! Any pain relief available I will avail of. I find the pressure in the pelvis at the min hard to deal with at times even.

Oh, you don't want to be knocked out, trust me! It was horrible waking up not knowing what was going on, and not able to see my baby for three hours.

Sorry for scaring people! The reason I found the contractions hard was because there was no gap between them once I was put on oxytocin - before that I was coping okay. I had asked for an epidural but didn't have time to have it. I'm hoping next time I won't need oxytocin, I'll certainly be resisting it.

• Advertisement

collegeme wrote: »
    Sounds like my first labour although i wasn't knocked out and i got through it but wouldn't like a repeat .

Haven't posted in a good while but my little boy was born on Monday weighing 9lbs7 and within 25mins of arriving at hosp. No time for epidural but was fast.

Very tired at the minute.

Congrats!! Another one for team blue!

Advertisement