Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Congrats Knock!! Hes gorgous :)

Really is a month for the boys. Madness now that we are midway through our month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Knock, congratulations, he's beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Congrats Knock13, absolutely gorgeous. What a head of hair. I had my fella at exactly the same time on Monday night! Mad. Cant get over the amount of boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Congrats knock :D

I feel horrible. Lost my plug so that's a good sign but ive the flu. I hurt all over and I'm currently in bed in the dark with a cold face cloth over my face :(

Madisson wrote: »
    Congrats knock :D

I feel horrible. Lost my plug so that's a good sign but ive the flu. I hurt all over and I'm currently in bed in the dark with a cold face cloth over my face :(

Oh no! Hopefully you'll get moving soon so you can take some meds for it!

• Advertisement

paracetamol, cold face cloth and chocolate.... not doing the trick! :( Think i need more chocolate! :)

im really starting to over think every single twinge i get thinking its something happening.

paracetamol, cold face cloth and chocolate.... not doing the trick! :( Think i need more chocolate! :)

im really starting to over think every single twinge i get thinking its something happening.

I think that's probably normal! One of those twinges will be the real thing :) and yes, deffo more chocolate needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Best of luck wooha!
    Let us know how you get on:-)

Soooo bored... had one gel yesterday at 6 pm which was enough, so they said that they'd break the waters today - still waiting on a bed in the labor ward before that can happen...
    Had bad period like cramps all night until about 6:30 am, so got very little sleep, so no pain now, but dead tired...

More chocolate is always good :-)

Wooha wrote: »
    Soooo bored... had one gel yesterday at 6 pm which was enough, so they said that they'd break the waters today - still waiting on a bed in the labor ward before that can happen...
    Had bad period like cramps all night until about 6:30 am, so got very little sleep, so no pain now, but dead tired...

Hang on in there wooha!

• Advertisement

youre almost there now :D wooo

has anyone else got a minty taste in their mouth that doesnt go away? its like a weird menthol taste. ive had it the last week or so. so weird

Induction booked for Monday afternoon :(
    Any tips at all to get this started do let me know ;) hoped it would start itself, no sign of a show, no cramps in days, no nothing.

Any tips at all to get this started do let me know ;) hoped it would start itself, no sign of a show, no cramps in days, no nothing.

I tried:
    Spicy food
    Pineapple
    Rasberry leaf tea
    Bouncing on the gym ball
    Walking
    Cosy afternoons watching romantic or funny movies
    Massage
    Gentle birth audio track to get labor started
    Accupuncture-accupressure-aromatherapy combo

And none worked for me... accupuncture seems to work for a good few people and I enjoyed it, very relaxing, but didnt do anything for me.

I really like the gentle birth tracks too and hope the other tracks and things will get me through this without too much panic :-)

Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

After having a very long labour, I would strongly advise to use this time to relax and sleep as much as possible. I had induction booked and ended up going into labour naturally a few days before. I was doing all the typical stuff like Wooha listed, no idea if it helped or if the time was just right anyway. But the labour progressed so slowly that it was almost like an induction anyway as I had to get a drip and my waters were due to be broken only that they went themselves after they put pressure on my belly.

So my advice is sleep sleep sleep and forget about trying to force it. You need all that energy stored.

Had some mild spotting last night, went to the hospital. Sent home and given the advise you guys have given to rest up.
    Going to have a good sleep and see how things progress over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Had some mild spotting last night, went to the hospital. Sent home and given the advise you guys have given to rest up.
    Going to have a good sleep and see how things progress over the weekend.

Good luck Groucho, hope it all starts soon for you and you get to meet the little one soon x

Baby Silas arrived this morning at 9:27 via emergency c-section. It was a long 1.5 days so he was getting a bit stressed.
    He's a whopping 4.4 kg and both Silas and myself are doing great, but we're all very tired.
    Cant seem to be able to figure out to attach a photo, might try again later.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Baby Silas arrived this morning at 9:27 via emergency c-section. It was a long 1.5 days so he was getting a bit stressed.
    He's a whopping 4.4 kg and both Silas and myself are doing great, but we're all very tired.

Congrats!

Woo, congrats! And love the name (OH is very impressed with it as well)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Congratulations on baby Silas xx

Threads gone very quiet....... !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Threads gone very quiet....... !!

Was thinking that myself. Wonder who'll be next? Certainly don't think it's me even though we've been joking all week that I'll have the baby today to steal the oh's birthday! Had a family gathering last night and the wise aunts say I look too comfortable yet and that my bump hasn't dropped much :)

Congrats on baby Silas Wooha!

Ive come to the conclusion that I must have just eaten too much and this is phantom pregnancy ha. I was in the hosp on wrd and my bp is still high so talking about inducing me on wed if its still the same. Last official weekend of freedom. Ahh

congratulations wooha :D

Ive come to the conclusion that I must have just eaten too much and this is phantom pregnancy ha. I was in the hosp on wrd and my bp is still high so talking about inducing me on wed if its still the same. Last official weekend of freedom. Ahh

congratulations wooha :D

ha same here....... starting to wonder whats in there at all, whatever it is it has no intention of coming out but it is big!!

Congrats Wooha, love the name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Just found out that of the three of us pregnant in work I'm the last one left to have her baby. One was due 3 days after me, one was due 10 days after me. Starting to feel hard done by now and I still have 8/9 days to due date!!!

Roesy wrote: »
    Just found out that of the three of us pregnant in work I'm the last one left to have her baby. One was due 3 days after me, one was due 10 days after me. Starting to feel hard done by now and I still have 8/9 days to due date!!!

We're in it together :D

We're in it together :D

Yea we must have lovely interiors ;-)
    Out of us three you mite go first rosey lol

Yea we must have lovely interiors ;-)
    Out of us three you mite go first rosey lol

At this point I feel like ill be sitting down for Christmas dinner and my waters will break haha

going out for chinese now... getting the spiciest thing on the menu and then I shall come back and bounce on my ball into the night haha

• Advertisement

At this point I feel like ill be sitting down for Christmas dinner and my waters will break haha

going out for chinese now... getting the spiciest thing on the menu and then I shall come back and bounce on my ball into the night haha

Lol!!
    Good luck ;-) im far too lazy to bounce so no wunder jnr wudnt be the motivated type.

Advertisement