Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

A girl in my job was due three weeks before me, around the 7th Oct, as of three days ago she was still waiting and is mighty cheesed off, esp since I have mine two weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Madisson wrote: »
    At this point I feel like ill be sitting down for Christmas dinner and my waters will break haha

going out for chinese now... getting the spiciest thing on the menu and then I shall come back and bounce on my ball into the night haha

In stitches over this. It's the oh's birthday and we had Chinese for dinner and am currently bouncing on my ball while surfing the net on my phone.

Roesy wrote: »
    In stitches over this. It's the oh's birthday and we had Chinese for dinner and am currently bouncing on my ball while surfing the net on my phone.

The fact that we had Chinese was coincidental rather than attempting to oust junior though. Just the nearest restaurant to us. Prefer Indian food but didn't feel like heading into town on such a stormy, horrible night. Doubt spicy food will do anything for me anyway. Seem to be immune to chillies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The fact that we had Chinese was coincidental rather than attempting to oust junior though. Just the nearest restaurant to us. Prefer Indian food but didn't feel like heading into town on such a stormy, horrible night. Doubt spicy food will do anything for me anyway. Seem to be immune to chillies!

Ditto, they don't even get my bowels moving LOL.... I think after the point of me using the terms discharge and spotting etc earlier in the thread its far too late for me to now start censoring what I say.

Nikpmup I would say that poor girl is so sick of waiting now and also when you hear of others going you tend to think ah theres some hope Ill be next and low and behold you wake up again and nothing happens for the day.

Ditto, they don't even get my bowels moving LOL.... I think after the point of me using the terms discharge and spotting etc earlier in the thread its far too late for me to now start censoring what I say.

Nikpmup I would say that poor girl is so sick of waiting now and also when you hear of others going you tend to think ah theres some hope Ill be next and low and behold you wake up again and nothing happens for the day.

The term she used was "I'm going to have to light a fire and smoke the bitch out!"!! I do feel very sorry for her, she had a rough pregnancy. Although I think she's in or around her induction deadline so I may hear from her soon :)

• Advertisement

From your experience nikpmup, this time next week will I be wishing it was back inside ;) when it does finally come out??

From your experience nikpmup, this time next week will I be wishing it was back inside ;) when it does finally come out??

Not at all - he's worth every sleepless night, every minute in pain, every moment tearing your hair out with worry a million fold :) In fact, I can't wait to go again, ghastly as late pregnancy is! I must be sleep deprived lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

SO You can add me to the list :) on 15th October via c section i had my beautiful baby girl Zofia Zoe :) She is absolutely perfect and even though things r not going exactly like i hoped for with breastfeeding (have to pump as my nipples r flat/and ruined from 3 days of trying all the time/ and Zosia just cant latch on so for now im giving her breastmlik during day and aptamil mini ready bottles at nite). Also we found out her little hip is dislocated from the breech so she had to be put into the pavlik harness for the next 8 weeks which is making it a bit harder to cope until we get used to it but doesnt make her any less perfect :) i didnt think its possible to love someone so much and be sleep deprived so much yet still full of energy to be there for that little magical baba :)

hanna.v wrote: »
    SO You can add me to the list :) on 15th October via c section i had my beautiful baby girl Zofia Zoe :) She is absolutely perfect and even though things r not going exactly like i hoped for with breastfeeding (have to pump as my nipples r flat/and ruined from 3 days of trying all the time/ and Zosia just cant latch on so for now im giving her breastmlik during day and aptamil mini ready bottles at nite). Also we found out her little hip is dislocated from the breech so she had to be put into the pavlik harness for the next 8 weeks which is making it a bit harder to cope until we get used to it but doesnt make her any less perfect :) i didnt think its possible to love someone so much and be sleep deprived so much yet still full of energy to be there for that little magical baba :)

Congratulations hanna.v! And the FIRST GIRL!!! Team Pink gets it's first member :D
    Don't be too hard on yourself re the breastfeeding, I'm exactly the same - I have one completely inverted nipple and one flat one, and he just can't latch on, even using a latch assist and nipple shields. I'm expressing his feeds and topping up with formula (on the GP's recommendation as he's jaundiced) Once the empty belly is filled baby is happy, that's all that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

• Advertisement

Wooha wrote: »

He's beautiful x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Aaaah he's lovely :)

Gorgeous!

717pew.jpg
    Zosia making a face :)

Sorry didnt know how to make it any smaller !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

hanna.v wrote: »
    Sorry didnt know how to make it any smaller !

Awh she's gorgeous :D so cute!

So cute Hanna! Congrats. I'm really getting impatient to meet my little one the more I see these pictures :)

Beautiful lady x

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

They're both gorgeous..so jealous. No amount of chillis in my Chinese last night or bouncing is doing everything. Definitely a phantom pregnancy.

One week to go and I don't think I've dropped any bit. Slept really badly again last night because I felt breathless no matter what way I lay. I've had no show either and don't think I've lost any of my plug. Still have a bit to organise around the house so I shouldn't be in too much of a hurry for baby to get here.

• Advertisement

:( to all the ladies-in-waiting. I know I was very early, which wasn't ideal but I don't think I could have handled another four or even six weeks of pregnancy. I'm sending exit vibes to all your babies :P

Gorgous!!

Same here ladies, no show, although I do think the bumps dropped a little more over the weekend.
    Actually slept last night was a miracle and wasn't woken by any news tetxts or calls...........even my frends and families are starting to doubt it now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

No show here either. Bump seems to have dropped somewhat. Trying to keep busy to stave off the impatience....

Meeting a friend for lunch later and she asked did I want her to pick me up. I said no because it's quite out of the way for her. We are out in the country so I said I'd drive myself. She was surprised that I was still driving. No one said anything to me about not driving at the end, is this a thing and I've just completely not picked up on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Meeting a friend for lunch later and she asked did I want her to pick me up. I said no because it's quite out of the way for her. We are out in the country so I said I'd drive myself. She was surprised that I was still driving. No one said anything to me about not driving at the end, is this a thing and I've just completely not picked up on it?

Ye I've had surprised looks too but I know my aunty was just too big to fit behind the steering wheel and other than that I presume its the rib pain when u sit for too long? Or maybe that u could go into labour? My only explanations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Well I passed my driving test six days before my due date! If its good enough for the RSA..

Congrats and well done to all the new mothers. Keep spoiling us with cute photos.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I know someone who drove themselves to the hospital when they went into labour... Obviously not advisable!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I know someone who drove themselves to the hospital when they went into labour... Obviously not advisable!

Wouldn't fancy that!

some possibly good signs here this morning, well good but quite sore.

Extremely bad cramping since 6 am,mainly period style but in had a couple of pretty bad ones in my back also no show though or no fluids.

• Advertisement

some possibly good signs here this morning, well good but quite sore.

Extremely bad cramping since 6 am,mainly period style but in had a couple of pretty bad ones in my back also no show though or no fluids.

Sounds promising!

Advertisement