Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Nope. No movement here yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Not a budge here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Ive dropped...that's about it. Eugh

Dreamt about giving birth twice during the night. In the first one the baby practically slipped out, no fuss. Second one not so easy. No more reading labour and delivery chapters of 'What to expect' before bed for me.

Thinking baby may have dropped slightly for me. Have had to get up a lot more for the bathroom again the last night or two and am having more pelvic pressure when walking. Bump still feels pretty high up though.

I wanted to go for a walk, but I'm not going out in that!!! The ball will have to do for today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy wrote: »
    Dreamt about giving birth twice during the night. In the first one the baby practically slipped out, no fuss. Second one not so easy. No more reading labour and delivery chapters of 'What to expect' before bed for me.

Thinking baby may have dropped slightly for me. Have had to get up a lot more for the bathroom again the last night or two and am having more pelvic pressure when walking. Bump still feels pretty high up though.

I read a story on the *cough* daily mail website *cough* about a girl who was sent home to get some rest (her waters had broken) she woke up feeling something "wierd" to discover her baby was crowning! Jammy b1tch!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477335/First-time-mother-goes-labour-SLEEP--wakes-babys-head-emerged.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

nikpmup wrote: »
    I read a story on the *cough* daily mail website *cough* about a girl who was sent home to get some rest (her waters had broken) she woke up feeling something "wierd" to discover her baby was crowning! Jammy b1tch!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477335/First-time-mother-goes-labour-SLEEP--wakes-babys-head-emerged.html

Same thing happened to my cousin's friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

hanna.v wrote: »
    groucho our girls will have plenty boys competing for their attention one day! :D

Oh they definately will !
    We get to go home tomoro yay.

Gud luck ladies for the rest of our halloween babas.
    I kant stop lukn in the cot!!

Doctor Boo, Madisson, still here??

Roesy wrote: »
    Doctor Boo, Madisson, still here??

Yes unfortunately. Not impressed

• Advertisement

Me too. Trying everything but no budging this baba.
    Consultant was talking about arranging an induction last week - even before my due date!!

Sooo im in early labour, contractions every 7 mins since 12 last night. Hospital said that could last for 48 hours so to hold tight untill I cant walk or talk through the pain. Walking, bouncing and bathing it is for the day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Madisson wrote: »
    Sooo im in early labour, contractions every 7 mins since 12 last night. Hospital said that could last for 48 hours so to hold tight untill I cant walk or talk through the pain. Walking, bouncing and bathing it is for the day.:D

ohhh, great news - hang in there, you'll have your beautiful baba with you soon!!

Woo! Exciting! Good luck, can't wait to hear!!

Great news!! I've been having irregular contractions since last night, huge amount of pressure and back pain. Don't think I'm in labour, but things look like they're are going in the right direction at least! :-)

DoctorBoo wrote: »
    Great news!! I've been having irregular contractions since last night, huge amount of pressure and back pain. Don't think I'm in labour, but things look like they're are going in the right direction at least! :-)

That's how I started! Hopefully things will kick off soon!

Good luck Madisson and Doctor Boo. No stir here. Bubs appears to be still living in my ribs, no show, no mucous plug etc. I'll be all alone in here soon!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Don't forget to eat! Get some slow release energy foods into you. Porridge is a great one.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Don't forget to eat! Get some slow release energy foods into you. Porridge is a great one.

Good plan - I never had a chance to eat, I went from Thursday lunchtime till Saturday lunchtime without a morsel :-/

still just the same..nothing progressing at all! :( i had mc donalds haha!!! i'm a disaster!!! the pressure in the water has gone so i had to fill up the bath using the shower hose... now to do some bouncing :D

• Advertisement

still just the same..nothing progressing at all! :( i had mc donalds haha!!! i'm a disaster!!! the pressure in the water has gone so i had to fill up the bath using the shower hose... now to do some bouncing :D

Oh my god excitement!_when I was started I thougt ah no this must be more falseys I quickly landed at the not being able to walk through it phase. Its mad your months waiting and the end feels so quick. Babyg have rings run around me already. Also I can see the lower half of my body again feels weird I kinda miss the bump though

Turns out mine was a false alarm.... Back to normal last night and today. No contractions, no back pain, no discharge... I feel frustrated. I was all ready to go yesterday...
    On the plus side, I got a great night's sleep!

DoctorBoo wrote: »
    Turns out mine was a false alarm.... Back to normal last night and today. No contractions, no back pain, no discharge... I feel frustrated. I was all ready to go yesterday...
    On the plus side, I got a great night's sleep!

I was up with horrible pains. Last night and theyre gone now. Fab

Ah ladies, that's a disaster. I was dying to check in here this morning to see if ye had news. Not too much longer hopefully!!!

Enjoy the end of ur rest ladies. Its so much easier mind them in your tummy. babyg does not sleep at all and has me so worried when I struggle to sooth her. Its tough going.

Enjoy the end of ur rest ladies. Its so much easier mind them in your tummy. babyg does not sleep at all and has me so worried when I struggle to sooth her. Its tough going.

My little lads the same, he spent from 9pm until 3am screeching last night - poor little divil. I'm knackered!

Although it does feel good not to be pregnant anymore - what little sleep I got last night was on my stomach! Couldn't sleep on my front while my c-section scar was healing, so that was the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

same here, she just stays awake every nite crying for 4h straight...its too early to be colic so am spending nights worrying...tough it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

nikpmup wrote: »
    My little lads the same, he spent from 9pm until 3am screeching last night - poor little divil. I'm knackered!

Although it does feel good not to be pregnant anymore - what little sleep I got last night was on my stomach! Couldn't sleep on my front while my c-section scar was healing, so that was the first time!

seems our cheeky october babies r all lil screamers :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

hanna.v wrote: »
    seems our cheeky october babies r all lil screamers :)

*whistles innocently*

I reckon Mother Nature is making it up to me after last time.

The first few weeks with your first baby are murder though. I was seriously considering driving into the docks at one point. :(

• Advertisement

I was up with horrible pains. Last night and theyre gone now. Fab

Good to know I'm not alone on this! I've come to the conclusion that mine was a dry run for the real thing.
    Also I've stopped thinking that baby is late - after all baby never agreed to come last Saturday. Nobody asked baby when s/he wants to come!!

Advertisement