Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Good news - my oh was offered a job today.
    Bad news - he starts Monday!

I know I have been very lucky with having him around 24/7 for the first 8 weeks, but I'm going to find it tough on my own :( We'll miss him!

Great news about the job. Honestly, I think no matter when your oh went back to work it would be hard. I spent most of last weekend on the verge of tears over mine going back after just over 2 weeks. Within a day or two of him being at work yourself and little man will find your own routine. I did find it hard to suddenly be the one doing the middle of the night feeds though!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Had suuch a horrible day yesterday. Babas face, neck and chest broke out in loads of spots. She was roaring all day long cause she refused to nap so i literally had her in my arms all day. Brought her to the d doc and he said the spots were normal. Worrying mammy syndrome. Such a relief though..but thennnn...she slept from 12 untill half 10. I feel alive for the first time in a month. The tiredness was beginning to really hit me. Now to keep her awake today and put her down at 10 and see if she sleeps till 8...hopefully it wasnt just a once off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

my lil had a nite episode of crying since 22 till 5 am this week and i thought i will pass out the next day!
    cant wait for her to get to the stage of skipping the 4am feed so i can sleep through the nite too! must have felt amazing to have all nite to rest madisson! hope she will sleep for u nicely tonite and every nite from now on!

Madisson wrote: »
    Had suuch a horrible day yesterday. Babas face, neck and chest broke out in loads of spots. She was roaring all day long cause she refused to nap so i literally had her in my arms all day. Brought her to the d doc and he said the spots were normal. Worrying mammy syndrome. Such a relief though..but thennnn...she slept from 12 untill half 10. I feel alive for the first time in a month. The tiredness was beginning to really hit me. Now to keep her awake today and put her down at 10 and see if she sleeps till 8...hopefully it wasnt just a once off!!!

Sounds like a tough day Madisson. It's great when they sleep though. My little miss did 11.30 to 6ish and 6.30-9.45 after being like a wasp for the evening yesterday. We were delighted with the decent sleep. She didn't nap during the day and was definitely overtired. She hasn't had a dirty nappy in a couple of days either so that might be bothering her a bit too.

This being a single mammy is tiring..going to get a facial during the week :D ye roesy im finding its either have a cranky madam in the evening and have a decent night sleep or have a nice settled baby during the day and her up at night. :D can't believe shes a month old already. Considering there isnt 31 days in november today is her month birthday..going to get a cupcake and a candle :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Madisson wrote: »
    This being a single mammy is tiring..going to get a facial during the week :D ye roesy im finding its either have a cranky madam in the evening and have a decent night sleep or have a nice settled baby during the day and her up at night. :D can't believe shes a month old already. Considering there isnt 31 days in november today is her month birthday..going to get a cupcake and a candle :D

I'd rather have him awake & cranky all evening and get a decent sleep - it means you can do very little with your evening but when he's down, he's down! Madisson, Hugo got those spots as well, I was told they're infant acne, and they're normal. It does look angry though. He is starting to get cradle cap as well, almond oil seems to be keeping it at bay for now.

Hugo will be 2 months on Wednesday - he turned 8 weeks on Friday. Don't know where the time went!

Had my first night out last night. My cousin dj's in a club in Dublin, and I was pushed out the door with instructions not to come home until all hours, and to enjoy myself! So I did! Rolled in at 6am to my two sleepy boys, lovely OH took himself all morning so I could sleep. Felt so good to blow away the cobwebs. It won't be a regular thing, but it's good to know that a social life can still happen :)

Very true. I prefer a night sleep but she falls asleep as soon as I walk anywhere or drive anywhere with her. She was up all nigbt the other night because I was in town for the day and kept dozing while I was walking around so I feel like I need to stay st home all day just so that I can sleep at night haha.

did the spots go away? I got such a fright..she had a few and then yest they just got so bad and are so red.
    oooh lucky you :D how did it feel to go out?:) My sister took her to the pavilions one day for 2 hours and that's the only time ive been away from her and I was going up the walls untill she got home ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Bubs here slept eleven to seven the other nite. I sat up watching for most of it,i wasnt sure if it was normal. It panicked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Bubs here slept eleven to seven the other nite. I sat up watching for most of it,i wasnt sure if it was normal. It panicked me.

Wow that is a great sleep, hopefully it will be a recurring pattern for you! Very jealous would love to get a longer stretch to the night sleeps. No matter how little sleep the little fella gets during the day he doesn't ever seem to settle at night until after midnight. One day he barely slept at all and I thought he might go to sleep earlier that night but no and another day he slept a lot as I was out and it didn't really affect his night sleep!
    I read somewhere that when they are this small that they will only stay awake for 2 to 3 hours between feeds but my little one is definitely awake longer than that. I have no idea how long he should be napping during the day and what is normal

Nikpmup that is reassuring that a social life is still possible, I am dying for a night off mommy duty soon hopefully if I can just get him to take a bottle!

Yea it was gud knock just freaked me a little. Herself here wudnt be great for sleeping in the day,generaly get an hour hour and a half between feeds. She only wakes once in the nite tho so I tend to get two three hour blocks.
    She is stil quite bunged up though,the saline drops dnt seem to be clearing her.any of ye experiencing the same?

• Advertisement

Yea it was gud knock just freaked me a little. Herself here wudnt be great for sleeping in the day,generaly get an hour hour and a half between feeds. She only wakes once in the nite tho so I tend to get two three hour blocks.
    She is stil quite bunged up though,the saline drops dnt seem to be clearing her.any of ye experiencing the same?

My little lady seems congested too. Tends to be worse when she wakes up in the morning. Have tried the saline drops and the nasal aspirator. Neither have made a huge difference but she doesn't seem to be getting worse. We are going to the phn tomorrow for her week 4 weigh in so I'll ask about it tomorrow. Read somewhere today that babies with reflux can sound congested though so that could be the problem in our case.

Oh weve the reflux here too rosey so maybe that is it.
    Weve the wk six checkup satrday so il ask then too:-)
    October seems like a lifetime ago!!

My woman is really nasally too. Thinking she may have reflux because she tends to projectile vomit after the hick ups or with wind. Had her on my bed and it all landed on the floor...handy for not having to change her clothes all the time :/

anyone finding their baba cries alot? I get maybe 10 mins in her bouncer and then she will roar. Shes warm, fed and clean but just roars the house down when she's awake = tired mammy.

Also my legs are in fierce pain...the last week im finding as soon as I stand up ive pains in them from my pelvis down to my knees. Wondering if its all the walking or everything moving back or something.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Bathed Rory for the first time in a month (mixture of illness and laziness on my part). He had cheese in his folds and yogurt in his ears. Ick! He's all lovely and clean now and out for the count. He loved the bucket. Just like his big bro.

Yep we have a cryer here too madisson.hates the bouncer and the swing but loves the changing mat and the radio playing. Also loves films wit colour likes finding nemo:-)
    Thats gas das kitty,our one here luckily loves the bath too just hates the cold nakey bit after it

Olivia loves the bath but has managed to poo in it at least once! Roars like a town bull when we take her out of it though.

She's having a rough night tonight, the poor little thing. Cannot relax and get comfortable at all. Falls asleep in one or the other of our arms and then when we put her down she thrashes around and is awake and upset within 10-15 mins. She's shattered(and so am I) Bloody reflux is to blame I'd say :(

Must be something in the water, my fella is like a bag of cats tonight. Really tired but won't sleep. Puked the last bottle and has been agitated since. Has the hiccups now, he hates them.
    He doesn't like the bath at all either, I'm wondering when he'll start to become more positive about his little life! He has yet to smile, (he'll be 9 weeks on Friday) and most of the time he's awake he's crying :( We're both easygoing people, don't know where we got this little crankbag from!

Is he locking eyes with you yet, nikpmup? Tough going to not get a grin out of him yet, the little scut.

Only very rarely, he spends most of his time looking away. I'm consoling myself somewhat with the fact that his corrected age is only 4 weeks, he's going for jabs in 2 weeks time so if he hasn't smiled by then I'll mention it. Very hard not to worry; I work with people with learning difficulties and autism so I'm over-cautious I guess.

I know those worries nikpmup. I worked as a special needs teacher for years with mild and moderate kids. I also have a nephew and cousin with autism. I try not to dwell on it too much though. You'd drive yourself mad sometimes.

The crankiness and discomfort continues today. She was pretty good while we were out and about but is like a bull again since her last feed. Popped her in the sling and she finally dozed off. Poor little mite. Little chubber weighed in at the 10lb mark today. She's put on nearly 2lbs in just under 4 weeks. Her little cheeks have really started to fill out :)

• Advertisement

OH has been back to work for two days and I'm really missing him :(

Feeling quite low and lonely, I know what the cure is - get dressed, get out of the house and make something of my day but it has felt like such a challenge the last couple of days. My sister wants me to go into town tomorrow so I'll get out then at least. I think I need to look up a mother and child group in my area or something, I think it would be very easy to let myself slide into all day pyjama wearing, Jeremy Kyle watching doldrums.

We have an extremely grumpy one here today. Cannot wait for oh to get home so I can grab a shower.
    She was inconroleable and then just conked out.

nikpmup wrote: »
    OH has been back to work for two days and I'm really missing him :(

Feeling quite low and lonely, I know what the cure is - get dressed, get out of the house and make something of my day but it has felt like such a challenge the last couple of days. My sister wants me to go into town tomorrow so I'll get out then at least. I think I need to look up a mother and child group in my area or something, I think it would be very easy to let myself slide into all day pyjama wearing, Jeremy Kyle watching doldrums.

Check out the baby groups and the baby swim classes in your area. It's a great way of meeting other parents. Tell your friends that you're looking to meet them for lunch during the week as well. Even if you have one appointment in the week it can make all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Yeah, I've been feeling that cabin fever coming over me these last few days. I went to a breastfeeding group this morning. It was grand, nothing exciting, but it did feel good to get out and meet other mothers.

My baby has gone from sleeping all day to hardly sleeping at all during the day and being very cranky as a result! I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the changes!

DoctorBoo wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been feeling that cabin fever coming over me these last few days. I went to a breastfeeding group this morning. It was grand, nothing exciting, but it did feel good to get out and meet other mothers.

My baby has gone from sleeping all day to hardly sleeping at all during the day and being very cranky as a result! I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the changes!

u should def get out during the day. My lady just doesnt sleep during the day anymore and its tough when youre in the house and theyre cranky and youre trying to get things done. Ive found even walking is great. Going to start buggy boot camp too :)

Oooh also ladies if youre like me and would be all over the place feeding in public but don't wanna be stuck in the house, mothercare have a mammy room for breast feeding so of you wanna go shopping. Also marks and spencer have a chair in their baby changing room and in jervis sc there are a load of cubicles for changing and each have a chair :D

Probably a stupid question here ladies but do ye change your little ones when they wake during the night for a feed? I was discussing grobags with a friend of a friend yesterday and asked were they a pain in the arse to be fiddling with during a change and she asked me incrediously 'do you change her during the night every night?' I have to say I check her towards the end of a feed and if she's wet or dirty I change her and then finish the feed. Her logic was that unless she was dirty or her nappy was 'almost fit to burst'(her words not mine!) that I was only waking Olivia unnecessarily.

Roesy wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question here ladies but do ye change your little ones when they wake during the night for a feed? I was discussing grobags with a friend of a friend yesterday and asked were they a pain in the arse to be fiddling with during a change and she asked me incrediously 'do you change her during the night every night?' I have to say I check her towards the end of a feed and if she's wet or dirty I change her and then finish the feed. Her logic was that unless she was dirty or her nappy was 'almost fit to burst'(her words not mine!) that I was only waking Olivia unnecessarily.

Yeah, I'd only change for poo or very wet in the middle of the night.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd only change for poo or very wet in the middle of the night.

I used to, but I don't unless he's fit to burst!

Took myself out to the mammy & baby screening of the hunger games in Dundrum this morning. I know it sounds terrible, but I was so pleased my lad was the least screamy in there! Sometimes I swear he just cries for the craic. Feels good to be out of the house before 3pm!

• Advertisement

I change her before each feed no matter when the feed is, I just got into this in the hospital, think the nurses told me to do it that way.
    Baby G is cracked today, we watched Aladdin this morning, I dunno was it the colours or the singing but ive been singing street rat to her since and she smiles so much when I do it.

Advertisement