Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Ugh. Speaking of night changes.....

Last night, I was giving himself a feed at about 10.30. He hadn't pooped all day, and mid bottle I felt/heard the unmistakeable in his nappy! He was all sleepy, and had been in bed since seven pm, so I was hoping I could sneak him into and out of his nappy without him waking *too much* and give him the rest of the bottle and get him back to sleep.

The best laid plans....

Turns out, he wasn't finished. As I was putting bepanthen on his little tush, I heard a grunt. It registered too slow for me to move, so the inevitable happened... Yup. Crapped in my hand. Then followed it with a wriggle so aerobic that he got poo on his feet, hands, back, hair...

Into the bath with him. Screams that would wake the dead. Of course, he wasn't done there. He managed to pee all over his new clean clothes. Which I had to change. Inconsolable at this point. Finally got him settled at about 1am. OH came to bed at 2am after finishing something he needed for work.

Little man woke at 5am for a feed. I was so tired that I kept nodding off while feeding him, so milk spilled everywhere. I fed him downstairs so that OH could get some sleep. Little man fell asleep by 5.45, so I put him to bed and got into bed myself.

Woke an hour later to OH standing covered in puke. Little man had woken up, and not realising that I had fed him an hour before, OH got up to feed him to give me a bit of a rest. Greedy little man drank 3oz on top of the six he'd had an hour previously, and projectile vomited the lot. Up we all got, got cleaned and got back to bed for two hours before he went looking for more grub.

Officially. Wiped. Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Myself and himself have both been pooped on at this stage. I think it's a new parents rite of passage :) My husband was changing Olivia yesterday and no sooner than he'd opened her very wet nappy did she start pooing. He closed the nappy and let her go about her business for 5 or so minutes then cleaned her bum, I warned him that it was too soon(recognised the determined look on her face!) and no sooner than he'd put on the bepanthen than she started pooing again. 2nd nappy ruined! Thankfully he was quick enough moving the hand this time. I did warn him though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

omg nikpmup u made me laugh so hard i woke baba sleeping on my chest hahaha that is some adventurous nite u had :D imagine telling this story to ur boy when he is all grown up :P i started keeping diary to write down all the funny things that happen to Zofia so i can show it to her when shes big :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Nikpmup hope you got a nap or something to get over that night! It made me laugh though! We have had the projectile poo and having to use 3 nappies in one go - he doesn't care about the price of nappies!

We put our lad in his cot for the first night last night and he looked so tiny in it compared to the Moses basket. Put him a grobag which took me awhile to get head around fact don't need to put loads of blankets on him. Did find it hard trying to do a necessary nappy change at 4am with the grobag on. I definitely would only do nappy change at night if I thought it needed but most of the time it does need it.

Nikpmup how was the cinema in dundrum, I keep saying I will go but chicken out. Worried that my lad will be screaming the whole way thru the movie but then I suppose all there are in the same boat. I have definitely found that sometimes just gotta force yourself to go for walk even if he isn't asleep just gotta leave the house even if just 20 mins or else mommy will crack up!

Cinema was great, the whole place was full of crying babies, mums and dads standing or walking up and down with their babies to comfort them or even leaving the screen and coming back in and no one minded, that's the beauty of it. My lad got a bit cranky after his bottle but I rocked him and shushed him and he was grand then. I'll definitely go again, most of the babies were around Hugo's age so no one minds the screams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

knock13 do you have the cot in your room?
    My little bundle of joy has just about outgrown the basket but I never thougt she would be cot ready at six wks. Her cot is next door in the nursery,i want to move it into our room if it will fit.
    Thats great about the cinema,sounds like sumwhere we could go without strangers giving me tips on how to settle her !! I tink I know my own child,shes like me and just likes to give out;-)

Has anyone else got pains in their ribcage from baba sleeping on their chest? I feel like he's cracked one of mine! (He does weigh nearly a stone! :eek:)

nikpmup wrote: »
    Has anyone else got pains in their ribcage from baba sleeping on their chest? I feel like he's cracked one of mine! (He does weigh nearly a stone! :eek:)

My left side is aching as we speak! Was back at physio today and she did loads of work on my upper back and side of my ribs. Leaning over the changing table for the last ten minutes to clean up poo massacre certainly hasn't helped. She is delighted after it though!

Must see are there any of those mother and baby screenings in cork.

Our babies are on a synced-poo schedule. We must introduce them to each other when they are 15 and loudly tell them that ! :D

http://www.familyfun.ie/omniplex-cork/

• Advertisement

Our babies are on a synced-poo schedule. We must introduce them to each other when they are 15 and loudly tell them that ! :D

http://www.familyfun.ie/omniplex-cork/

Ha, can you imagine!!
    And now she's snoring like a little drunken man on my shoulder with her face tucked into my neck!

Cheers for that link. Was actually in Mahon point and passed that cinema today. Got a bit of Christmas shopping started. Yay!

My lad is snoring on my left shoulder, my man is snoring by my right :D I've had three hours sleep and I'm on boards, but I can't bear to move him, I know he'll wake up and start grumbling. Thank god for iPads. I'm sure Steve Jobs didn't envisage their use for sleepless mammies (much less men who take them into the loo with them!!:P:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

I'm defo going to try the cinema so, sounds interesting! Nikpmup I am the same wondering what I would do in the middle of the night without this iPad!!

Groucho yes we moved the cot into our bedroom, squashed in really but wasn't totally ready to put him in a different room just yet but maybe in a few weeks. I think we all slept better with him in the cot as he wasn't banging off the sides and I couldn't hear every creak of the Moses basket! I didntthinkhe would be goin into the cot at 7 weeks but definitely think he had outgrown the basket and it was starting to annoy him.

Baba in epic form today, after howling till 2am last night. Slept till 8, bottle, slept (on my chest!) till 11, bottle, sat on my knee cooing and attempting what I think *may* develop into a smile in the coming weeks until 2pm. Massaged coconut oil into his head for his cradle cap and then gave him a bath which he actually seemed to enjoy for once. Dressed into comfy new tracky bottoms (him, not me!) before passing out for a snooze. He'll be looking for a bottle soon. I am jaded. Don't think I'll bother getting out of the pjs today :P

Am headachey and have bad cramps, generally feel crap. Feels a bit like my period is about to start. Hope it's just that and I'm not coming down with something. In another way I hope it's not it, I really didn't miss the crappy heavy periods when I was pregnant.

Am really disorganised for Christmas this year. We're going to my husbands family for dinner so at least I don't have that to worry about. No real idea what Santa is going to bring Olivia. I know Santa is more for us than her for the next couple of years but I'd still like to get her something nice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Got my first period in a year this morning. For the past week, Facebook has been advertising menstrual cups to me. It's like it knew!

Anyway, feeling bluesy and my older fella has been peeing all over the house. Not in the merriest of humours, so I'm not.

Hmmz, think I'm getting my period too! I thought I was getting it a week or so ago, but it never came, now it looks like it's definitely on the way. It's not welcome back.

My poor wee man is bawling like the world is gonna end and I don't know what's wrong with him. I've a feeling it's gonna be a long night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Hey girls!!
    Cant believe its Christmas and all our babies are getting big and hardy :-) hope your all keeping well! How are all the first time mammies :-) Im going to admit. I found the first 2 weeks hard but now i love it.

Thomas is thriving. Hes laughing and cooing at us. Hes 8.5 weeks and 12 pound. We had a bad week 2 weeks ago we thought he had reflux but has calmed down so much. Hes more settled! We have a chair that rocks and vibrates and since last week he has figured out he can rock it himself and this keeps him amused for 20 minutes at a time :-)
    We went to see Santa today, was so exciting :-)

I got my period 2 weeks ago and back on the pill. It feels so weird!!

Hes asleep since 9.30. If i was gona go asleep he would be awake. But got a load of washing sorted and bottles are done for tomorrow.

Happy Days!!

Baby slept from 10.15 until 5.15. Yay! Is now wide awake after her feed , not so yay!

Herself has a cold again with green boogers and all,shes in ok form but gutted that shes sick again.
    She seems to sleep seven or eight hours now most nites.

• Advertisement

Herself has a cold again with green boogers and all,shes in ok form but gutted that shes sick again.

:( Think my lad is getting a cold too, he was very hot last night and is snuffly this morning.

He sleeps 8 hours as well, just the wrong 8 hours! He seems to go from 2am-8am, bottle, then back asleep till 12 in the day. If I could just pull that back by a few hours we'd be on a winner!

:( Think my lad is getting a cold too, he was very hot last night and is snuffly this morning.

He sleeps 8 hours as well, just the wrong 8 hours! He seems to go from 2am-8am, bottle, then back asleep till 12 in the day. If I could just pull that back by a few hours we'd be on a winner!

Its horible isnt it .you just worry so much even with a little cold. Seems to be takinj it out of her shes wrecked all day.
    Oh thats not bad,hotefully you can get it back even the two hours so you can go to bed at a normalish time:-)

Ladies, I have recently started formula feeding. Olivia seems really hungry the last couple of days though. She is 4 and a half weeks and just over the 10lb mark, she is easily going through 6 5oz bottles a day. The guide on the box says 5 5oz . The thing is I think she'd drink 6oz. I'm barely getting 3 hours between feeds today. How much do your little ones get through?

Roesy wrote: »
    Ladies, I have recently started formula feeding. Olivia seems really hungry the last couple of days though. She is 4 and a half weeks and just over the 10lb mark, she is easily going through 6 5oz bottles a day. The guide on the box says 5 5oz . The thing is I think she'd drink 6oz. I'm barely getting 3 hours between feeds today. How much do your little ones get through?

Were doing 150ml every 4 hours on occasion she looks like she might take a little more and does tend to wake after 3 and a half hours but then on some feeds she only takes 130 and Im left with a little in the bottle. Shes six weeks.

We aernt doing a feed during the night here anymore though most nights as she sleeps through so Im wondering should I up her feeds in the day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They're just guidelines on the box, Roesy. Feed her what she'll take.

Rory took 8 (yes, 8) 5oz bottles when we changed over. He's now taking 4-5 6oz bottles and not always finishing them. It's gas how different babies can be!

I'd give her a fillet steak and a plate of spuds if I thought it would soothe her at this stage. What a rubbish day we've had reflux wise :( I'm hiding in bed with earplugs in while himself attempts to soothe herself. Should be asleep as I'll be taking over from 12 but I'm wide awake after a day of her crying and not being able to sleep.

Roesy wrote: »
    I'd give her a fillet steak and a plate of spuds if I thought it would soothe her at this stage. What a rubbish day we've had reflux wise :( I'm hiding in bed with earplugs in while himself attempts to soothe herself. Should be asleep as I'll be taking over from 12 but I'm wide awake after a day of her crying and not being able to sleep.

Roesy, I *think* I read somewhere that refluxy babies should be fed smaller amounts more often to help ease pressure on the top of the stomach. I could be wrong though. Having said that, Hugo is on 5 6oz bottles, and has been for a while now. He's starting to drain them, I might have to move up to 7oz!

Little man seems better today. He had a monstrous sleep all day it seemed, was awake & active (and *almost* there with the smiles!) from about 4.30pm until about 9.30pm, with a couple of short catnaps. He has just had a bottle and is snoring on my shoulder..... Could he be down for the night?! I don't want to jinx it, I'd love to get into bed. OH is already snoring :P

Got an app for bcg,dreading her getting upset by it.
    Have you guys all had yours,was it bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Got an app for bcg,dreading her getting upset by it.
    Have you guys all had yours,was it bad?

I need more sleep. I thought you meant a phone app or something for bcg and thought, mmhh, maybe it has tipps and info and maybe special music...
    I was just clicking into the play store on my phone when I realised you probably meant appointment :-)

Got appointment is next week, heard that breastfeeding while he gets the injection is supposed to help.

Advertisement