Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

There goes my theory thinking shes in a routine. Up every 3 hours starving last night. Brought her down n put her in her bouncer so I could have a cuppa tea and she projectile vomited all over it. Tired mammy today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Madisson wrote: »
    There goes my theory thinking shes in a routine. Up every 3 hours starving last night. Brought her down n put her in her bouncer so I could have a cuppa tea and she projectile vomited all over it. Tired mammy today

My lad too. Awake at 3.30am for a bottle which he spewed all over the couch. He's sitting smiling at me now though so alls forgiven :) Hope he gets back into a sleep pattern tonight though.

Usually I fall back asleep with her untill 11 but today ive been up since 8 and ive been keeping her awake so maybe she will sleep better tonight haha

Got my uncle in england to get me a medela swing. He bought it for 68 pounds and its 170 here. Crazy price difference. Have to practice her on expressed milk cause my first night out next friday and dont want to be called home. I imagine ill have one drink and hit the floor anyway. Need to find a dress that's a bit floaty to hide my jiggly bits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Same here ladies, had begun to think we were getting a bit of a routine of between 12 n 1 to 5/6 and then last night he went down at 12 and woke at 3.30! Was so pissed off when I looked at the clock grrr so much for any pattern.
    Wrecked today as I had to head out this morning so couldn't go back to sleep so hoping we get a longer stretch tonight!

I have a night out next fri too and I have been trying to give him expressed milk so I can have a night of freedom, badly needed! Last night was the first night he took the bottle without screaming so we feel have had a bit of breakthrough on the bottles. Just gave him another there and he took it no bother woohoo! Only thing is I don't think I can express enough to satisfy him for a whole evening so will try formula over wend too just to make sure there is enough milk here for him if I miss a few feeds!

Good luck on a longer stretch of sleep tonight ladies, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Same here up at 3, and again I thought we had established some kind of routine.
    It would appear not, shes down now but largely Im guessing due to fact that she was up most of the day and in quite bad form.

• Advertisement

Woo..... All our babies are synced!! Weird!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Grrr! I'm awake since 3. Baby only woke at 5.10but was shuffling around and parking in her basket since about 3. I kept thinking she was going to wake which kept me awake. She's now yawning away in my arms but fighting sleep manfully. I have to be out of the house by 9am. Its going to be a tiring day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ashcon

anyone know of any toy/teddy that plays proper lullabies? or that you can record onto? I have found he settles much easier to sleep when i use the mobile music thing but its wind up and only lasts 4 mins - its driving me crazy!!
    I have recorded brahms lullaby from youtube on my fone which works but need something that is more practical and that i could leave with the grandparents when they mind him!

ashcon wrote: »
    anyone know of any toy/teddy that plays proper lullabies? or that you can record onto? I have found he settles much easier to sleep when i use the mobile music thing but its wind up and only lasts 4 mins - its driving me crazy!!
    I have recorded brahms lullaby from youtube on my fone which works but need something that is more practical and that i could leave with the grandparents when they mind him!

My OH insisted on getting a man-gadget baby monitor, so he bought this from the apple store; it plays a range of lullabies and you can turn them on/off from your phone or ipad! A bit of a pricey toy though! My mam had a cd of classical music that she used to play my niece & nephew, afaik it was one that was designed for babies to sleep, I'm sure if you had a google you could find one - failing that, download various pieces of music and burn them to a CD. My OH is a DJ and I keep nagging him to do a baby mix :D

Little man slept 11.30-5am, and again from 5.30-9 am, and is in topper form this morning. He has his jabs later though - dreading doing it to him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ashcon

wow thats some sleep nikpmup! i'm thinking I'll just download the lullabies onto a cd...

• Advertisement

He's not in good form any more :( I think
    his little legs are sore from the jabs. The nurse said I could give him calpol so I gave him a half dose and he's settled a bit, but every now and then he squirms and then gives this little sad cry! :( I think I feel worse than him, tears actually sprung up in my eyes when he got them!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

Just wanted to share my happiness, after 8 gruelling weeks my lil lady is out of the pavlik harness and her hip is all fixed! My baby got her legs back! Hope all her constipation and gas problems will pass now that she can finally kick! Nappy changing is so easy now! Time to celebrate with a glass of bubbly!

hanna.v wrote: »
    Just wanted to share my happiness, after 8 gruelling weeks my lil lady is out of the pavlik harness and her hip is all fixed! My baby got her legs back! Hope all her constipation and gas problems will pass now that she can finally kick! Nappy changing is so easy now! Time to celebrate with a glass of bubbly!

That's brilliant, must be such a relief. :D

my baby is 6 weeks today and she smiled at me...TWICE!!! Not going to lie a shed a tear.ahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

Aww thats precious! She will be smiling at u all the time now! once mine started smiling she just never stops. wait till u discover the little things that make her smile! :)

Minnie Mouse most certainly makes baby smile in this house! Friends of my parents gave her a musical one with a glowing star in its tummy. She is transfixed by it. When she smiles at us or Minnie or anything for that matter it's just magical!

Delighted to hear your good news Hanna! Must be such a relief for you all.

hanna.v, that's great news :)

Madisson, you too.. My lad is 10 weeks tomorrow and is only smiling this week, and only rarely! His corrected age is 6 weeks so I guess that's about right.

He's been KO'ed since 4.30pm after the calpol.... I'd say he's gonna be awake aaaall night!

nikpmup wrote: »
    hanna.v, that's great news :)

Madisson, you too.. My lad is 10 weeks tomorrow and is only smiling this week, and only rarely! His corrected age is 6 weeks so I guess that's about right.

He's been KO'ed since 4.30pm after the calpol.... I'd say he's gonna be awake aaaall night!

10 weeks already. Where did that time go? We are 5 weeks today yet it feels like a hell of a lot longer that I was going around heavily pregnant.

I know, we were just saying that yesterday - it seems like an absolute eternity ago that I came tearing down the stairs, pregnancy test in hand bellowing and shaking!

Hair done, eyebrows sorted(finally!), all dressed up and ready to go out. A far cry from the mad hair and baby milk covered top I was rocking yesterday. Am tired at the thought of it!

Roesy wrote: »
    Hair done, eyebrows sorted(finally!), all dressed up and ready to go out. A far cry from the mad hair and baby milk covered top I was rocking yesterday. Am tired at the thought of it!

Have a great time. :D

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »

Enjoy!! I was anxious on my first night out too, but a few drinks sorted that out :D I was glad to get home tho!

He has his work do tonight, it's been a looong day, he won't be home till late.....really looking forward to the weekend!

Nikpump when u expressed for hugo how much did he take per feed?

At the time he took about 4 ounces per feed, sometimes 5, and as he got older he took more. Sometimes I'd only get a couple of ounces per boob, but I'd pump both sides into the one bag to make up a full feed. He's on 6oz of formula now, I reckon he'll be on 7 fairly soon :)

At the time he took about 4 ounces per feed, sometimes 5, and as he got older he took more. Sometimes I'd only get a couple of ounces per boob, but I'd pump both sides into the one bag to make up a full feed. He's on 6oz of formula now, I reckon he'll be on 7 fairly soon :)

Cool just curious :) first night out next friday so I want to practice it a few times with her so im not called home to feed a hungry baby :D

Ask in the breastfeeding thread, they're pretty knowledgeable over there. You can express & freeze between now and then to build up a decent store, if baba wants more than what's in the bottle you'll have enough.

Anybody else find their first period ridiculously heavy? It's not painful the way it used to be, but the amount is just ridiculous, (TMI coming up!) I'm soaking through super plus tampons in no time, and it's been 8 days and no let up!!! Sorry, I know this is gross, but I can feel it pouring out when I stand up.

Haven't had mine yet despite having bad cramps and back pain earlier on in the week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Anybody else find their first period ridiculously heavy? It's not painful the way it used to be, but the amount is just ridiculous, (TMI coming up!) I'm soaking through super plus tampons in no time, and it's been 8 days and no let up!!! Sorry, I know this is gross, but I can feel it pouring out when I stand up.

It was like that after my first, it was heavy this time but just for 3 days. I use a mooncup so it lasts me a fair chunk of the day without emptying it. If you have the baby's 3 month check next week mention it to the PHN. Might be worth giving your GP a ring if you're worried it isn't slowing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My first and second period after all of them were always really heavy and long. But if you're worried do ask the GP.

• Advertisement

I'll give it a few more days before I panic! Pain in the a*** though!

Advertisement