Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

nikpmup wrote: »
    Anybody else find their first period ridiculously heavy? It's not painful the way it used to be, but the amount is just ridiculous, (TMI coming up!) I'm soaking through super plus tampons in no time, and it's been 8 days and no let up!!! Sorry, I know this is gross, but I can feel it pouring out when I stand up.

Mine are really heavy too! I'm just over my third since giving birth and it didn't seem to be as bad! But on the first day I get horrible hot flushes, I do be absolutely boiling! Hopefully they'll settle down soon

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Madisson wrote: »
    Cool just curious :) first night out next friday so I want to practice it a few times with her so im not called home to feed a hungry baby :D

I'm in the same boat Madison, first night out next fri n I am worried I won't have enuf milk. Have been expressing and he has been taking 4ozs but then not too long after he is looking for more so I reckon I need at least 6 if not some more just Incase.
    I have been afraid to express too much at a time in case he is still looking for more and I won't have enough left in the boob for him so I have just been trying to do short bursts and put in fridge. I am going to try and do some more expressing this week so we have built up by Friday and might try formula too.

Haven't had my period yet and not looking forward to it after reading the comments! Nature is cruel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Anybody else find their first period ridiculously heavy? It's not painful the way it used to be, but the amount is just ridiculous, (TMI coming up!) I'm soaking through super plus tampons in no time, and it's been 8 days and no let up!!! Sorry, I know this is gross, but I can feel it pouring out when I stand up.

Mine lasted 8 days, being very heavy for 5 days, was changing pads wvery 1-2 hours!

Just saw the thread for August 2014. Time is flying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Wondering do any of your babies fed this much; hubbie fed the little fella 8oz of expressed milk between 9.30 and 10.30 he then seemed like he was passed out for bed and I put him into cot but he has other ideas! I pick him up thinking he must have wind but soon figured out he is looking for grub again! He has been feeding for the past 20mins and is only now stopping! To me 8ozs seems a lot and I thought he would be well satisfied but then he needed more! He is 9 weeks tonight, could he be going thru a growth spurt or do I just have a feeder on my hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

knock13 wrote: »
    Wondering do any of your babies fed this much; hubbie fed the little fella 8oz of expressed milk between 9.30 and 10.30 he then seemed like he was passed out for bed and I put him into cot but he has other ideas! I pick him up thinking he must have wind but soon figured out he is looking for grub again! He has been feeding for the past 20mins and is only now stopping! To me 8ozs seems a lot and I thought he would be well satisfied but then he needed more! He is 9 weeks tonight, could he be going thru a growth spurt or do I just have a feeder on my hands!

My little baby is a complete savage. She'd polish off a 6oz bottle no bother, in fact yesterday went through 7 of them. We've tried offering her a soother and giving her a little water in case she's thirsty but no she's just a grubber! She turns 6 weeks on Thursday. Maybe it's a growth spurt here but I don't think so.

She is so unsettled this evening. My husband usually puts her down during the week and I do anything after 12. Guess who only went down about 5 minutes ago and is still tossing and turning after being a grumpy little thing all night for her daddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My lad definitely went through a growth spurt at 6 weeks, couldn't get the food into him fast enough and he was unsettled and cranky.
    Also, he seems to want to feed more often in the evening, during the day he'd happily go 5 hours between bottles, but from 6pm onwards he might only last 2/2.5 hours. It's like he knows he needs to stock up for the night!

He slept all yesterday morning/early afternoon and woke up at 3pm. I thought he'd fall asleep about 5 or 6, have a nap and then be awake for the night, but the little ledge stayed awake until 10pm, and didn't wake till 5am!! And is falling asleep again so mammy can go back to bed - score!

My lad definitely went through a growth spurt at 6 weeks, couldn't get the food into him fast enough and he was unsettled and cranky.
    Also, he seems to want to feed more often in the evening, during the day he'd happily go 5 hours between bottles, but from 6pm onwards he might only last 2/2.5 hours. It's like he knows he needs to stock up for the night!

He slept all yesterday morning/early afternoon and woke up at 3pm. I thought he'd fall asleep about 5 or 6, have a nap and then be awake for the night, but the little ledge stayed awake until 10pm, and didn't wake till 5am!! And is falling asleep again so mammy can go back to bed - score!

She's a savage even without the growth spurt! Probably is making her worse alright though. We had her 6 week check up today. She's now 11lb and 56cm. She's growing like a weed!

She went down fully at 12 last night and slept until 8. We'll hardly get that lucky again tonight. Had a busy day today so hopefully it'll help with the sleep. She was propped up on a cushion and seemed to work out how to hit one of the toys hanging overhead on her playmat. She was delighted with herself everytime she managed it. Does anyone else's baby hate tummy time? She is marginally less riled by it since my physio suggest propping her up with a cushion during it.

Roesy wrote: »
    She's a savage even without the growth spurt! Probably is making her worse alright though. We had her 6 week check up today. She's now 11lb and 56cm. She's growing like a weed!

She went down fully at 12 last night and slept until 8. We'll hardly get that lucky again tonight. Had a busy day today so hopefully it'll help with the sleep. She was propped up on a cushion and seemed to work out how to hit one of the toys hanging overhead on her playmat. She was delighted with herself everytime she managed it. Does anyone else's baby hate tummy time? She is marginally less riled by it since my physio suggest propping her up with a cushion during it.

Hates it with a passion! You'd swear we were lying him on hot coals! However, he pushes himself up off our chest when he's lying there and he has fairly good head control so I'm not worried that he's not getting enough.

Hates it with a passion! You'd swear we were lying him on hot coals! However, he pushes himself up off our chest when he's lying there and he has fairly good head control so I'm not worried that he's not getting enough.

Olivia is the same but she's definitely better about it since we started putting a cushion under her chest. She has a very strong neck and good head control too though. I put it down to the amount of time she spends on her daddy's chest during the worst of the reflux.

She's asleep again. Doesn't bode well for tonight I fear. I should really be in bed!

So's my lad.... He's been catnapping today, no really good long nap. I've just changed him into his pjs in the hope of keeping him awake till about 10, but I'd say he'll be gone long before that! Prob be awake at 3am :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hello 3am my old friend :-(

Roesy wrote: »
    Hello 3am my old friend :-(

Oh noooes! Hugo came alive after I last posted, got very upset - he has a bit of a cold so I had to spend 15 mins trying to get boogers out of his nose so he could breathe. He hates the nasal syringe but it does work. I gave him a drop of calpol afterwards. He fell asleep in my arms about 12.30, and slept till 8.30! I'm gonna try to get him asleep for the morning because he definitely benefits from having a good sleep rather than catnapping which is what he did yesterday.

Oh noooes! Hugo came alive after I last posted, got very upset - he has a bit of a cold so I had to spend 15 mins trying to get boogers out of his nose so he could breathe. He hates the nasal syringe but it does work. I gave him a drop of calpol afterwards. He fell asleep in my arms about 12.30, and slept till 8.30! I'm gonna try to get him asleep for the morning because he definitely benefits from having a good sleep rather than catnapping which is what he did yesterday.

She went back before 4 and slept again until 7ish. Fed again and went back until about 10.30. She had some grub and is now making sleep faces again. Nana and grandpa are minding her for a couple of hours this afternoon while I have my 6 week check up today. Bet she sleeps loads for them too(as usual!). Might see can I get a little Christmas shopping in. I've a lot left to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Over the last few days babyg has her tongue out a lot like shes just discovered having a tongue.
    Anybody else experiencing this?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Over the last few days babyg has her tongue out a lot like shes just discovered having a tongue.

It's a baby thing. :)

My fella's the same.

We had our 3 month check yesterday. All's going fab, although we need to up the tummy time.

He's still small, which is great as he's following his 17th centile line. 5.5kg :D

Ah thats great das kitty,hard to believe its 3 months already!
    We need to realy up tummy time,the little madam certainly aint a fan of it

Yep, we did consider whether he was part lizard :P

We got our letter for his 3 month check today, it's the first week in January. Two and a half weeks to work on the tummy time :o He goes doolally though, he hates it and starts to cry.

In other news his reflux has made an unwelcome return today, he's gagged a few times and started to wail.

All teh drool.

Poor mite is teething for sure.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    All teh drool.

Poor mite is teething for sure.

I thought Hugo was but then I wondered if he was too young? I put my knuckle in his mouth the other day and he bit down hard, he's drooling and gumming his fingers.

I thought Hugo was but then I wondered if he was too young? I put my knuckle in his mouth the other day and he bit down hard, he's drooling and gumming his fingers.

They can teethe for months before any teeth appear. On and off. It normally starts around 3 months. A half dose of calpol was all that would soothe my poor lil guy last night.

I have some lovely bibs, he's going to be wearing them all the time now.

• Advertisement

That's good to know - I said it to my mam and she said it was too soon, but then followed it by saying her sister was born with a tooth! :eek:

My poor man in sick :( He's all stuffed up, really cranky and hot. He is NOT liking the bulb syringe :(

My poor man in sick :( He's all stuffed up, really cranky and hot. He is NOT liking the bulb syringe :(

Ah the poor little man. We're having our cranky hour here. She's due a bottle soon then I'm hoping she goes down quickly as husband is on night duty and get to sleep(hopefully!). He's tired too so with any luck she'll have a good night.

Here's hoping they all sleep. H was sleepy all day and all evening, he didn't really wake up until after 7. I left him with OH to go and get some Christmas shopping done (highly recommended, the Blanch centre was open till 10pm and I got everything bought in an hour!) While I was out I picked up one of the nasal aspirators that you suck - it's much gentler and more effective than them bulb syringe. He's drowsy now and I've just given him a drop of calpol so fingers crossed x

It's just occurred to me that I haven't organised Christmas drinks with anyone, and it's probably too late to sort it out now. We've never left him with a babysitter so I reckon we'd probably need a trial run before we go out and get blotto :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Here's hoping they all sleep. H was sleepy all day and all evening, he didn't really wake up until after 7. I left him with OH to go and get some Christmas shopping done (highly recommended, the Blanch centre was open till 10pm and I got everything bought in an hour!) While I was out I picked up one of the nasal aspirators that you suck - it's much gentler and more effective than them bulb syringe. He's drowsy now and I've just given him a drop of calpol so fingers crossed x

It's just occurred to me that I haven't organised Christmas drinks with anyone, and it's probably too late to sort it out now. We've never left him with a babysitter so I reckon we'd probably need a trial run before we go out and get blotto :P

T has hands in mouth all day and having hysterical fits through the day.
    I brought him to docs today as he has been chesty since he got his injections, doc said he has brochioilitus (excuse my spelling) but he has no temp and wet nappies that it should clear up!

T then pooped on doc. Got him on his shirt, i was so embarrased!! But doc found it hilarious. Phew!

Thinking about giving him Calpol tonight, will that soothe him?? Sorry, stupid first time mammy question!!

Jealous of your late night shopping nikpmup!!

I'm not sure, calpol is paracetamol so it's for pain & fever relief.

Same here no xmas party or drinks for me, Im not bothered though. I feel like the last 8 weeks have been a huge accomplishment, sounds pathethic I know but I really did not have one clue about how to mind a baby and now that Im here all day alone doing it and not failing miserably that's party enough for me this year.
    Think it shall be a long night, I stink of vomit, herself is a little sick with a cold and extremely irate, and its OH`s Christmas party tonight.

One thing slightly playing on my mind is that Im still sore below from the birth, my check up is after Christmas and my GP has mentioned the prospect of needing to be restitched if somethings gone ary :(

Groucho, we tried to get back in the saddle about four weeks after the birth and it was extremely painful, we had to stop. By my six week check it was still very sore, but by ten weeks it had resolved itself. Hopefully another few weeks will make a difference and you won't have to be restitched! My section scar and above it is still quite tender.

Edit: meant to add, I had a sunroof delivery too but it was still very sore internally when we tried to have sex - it felt like something had moved internally and was blocking access iykwim!! It did sort itself out by ten weeks or so.

Time definitely does wonders. I had surgery in my vulva years back (both babies came out the sunroof).

After around 6 weeks we were advised to try sex. Well not really sex, just eh, putting it in and not moving so I could get used to it. It took another month or so before it wasn't painful.

If you're still sore sitting or walking around that's a dose. Restitching isn't the worst, they'll take away any scar tissue and sew cleanly. It's heal much quicker and smoother.

• Advertisement

Trying to wrap Christmas presents with little miss in the sling isn't going well. It looks like she wrapped the first one. Oh well! Think we'll go back to dancing to The Ramones...much more fun!

Consultant said that things would definitely feel different when we resumed activities but warned me to come back if it felt uncomfortable within a few weeks. It's like she senses when we're about to have any fun. The cunning little monkey has thwarted a few attempts!

Advertisement