Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Moved him up to 7oz bottles today as he was guzzling the 6oz and looking for grub every 2 and a half/3 hours. He didn't wake up till 9am, had his first then, has just had his second and is K.O.'d. At the same rate he'll have one at 6pm then one at 10pm - is four 7oz bottles alright for a 3 month old or should he be having the 5th?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

21 oz over the course of the day is fine, baby will usually let you know what baby wants anyway :)

my lo, now 4 months, is still on 5oz bottles, but every 4 hours, and as of the last week wakes at half 11, drinks the entire bottle then wont wake til half 8 or 9 o clock... wayhey for getting a good nights sleep!

Is santa coming to everyone? my tree looks like it just vomited gifts everywhere and any guesses who they're for? Little Dorian of course ha, so excited.

Happy Christmas ladies xx

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Just reading back, lots of lo's hate tummy time, out little fella actually likes it, but timing is crucial, pick a time of the day when lo likes being awake, for us that's about 9am and 7pm.

we throw a blanket of the floor and lie him on his tummy, if he is a bit moany we prop him up on a cushion. like just under his chest, gives the baby a new perspective, then daddy and i lie either side of him to get him to move his head in our direction.

what we do also if he's having an off day with the blanket is lie on the couch, (works better if mammies are lying down, they've got the better pillows ;) ) and lie baby on your chest, the minute i do that little fella is up trying to scoot off and moving his head.

if he's happy doing that we go back to the mat after about 2 minutes.

it's working well for us, nurse said he's about 2 to 4 weeks ahead on the tummy time compared to other babies his size!

Which is a relief to hear with a premmy baby that has been behind everyone from the get go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Our nearly 7 week old savage polishes 6 6oz most days. I asked the doctor about it at her 6 week check and she said she would take what she needs so not to worry.
    With regards to the tummy time our girl definitely hates it less now that we've started propping her up for it. She does have good control of her neck thankfully. People have commented on it from a young age.
    Very excited about Santa here. Myself and the oh are suckers for Christmas anyway. We brought her to visit him today :) Must hang her stocking on the mantelpiece in a bit!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Happy Christmas lassies. I'm very emotional today, enjoying the 4year old's excitement over Santa, cuddling the littlest and remembering my beautiful Granny who's 12 years gone. My mam's coming over shortly and we're going to have ham for tea.

• Advertisement

I've been very emotional all day too. Although I'm so, so happy and so blessed to have my gorgeous boy and his lovely dad, this time of year is bittersweet, it's my 4th Christmas since my husband died and it drives it home this time of year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ha puddinghead your bubs sounds like my ones twin re feeding etc!!
    Up at the min helping santa;-)

Happy christmas oct mammies :-) id be lost witout this thread,it helps keep me sane

My little man did so well today, was passed from pillar to post, stayed in good form and I even got a grin out of him before bed tonight. I'm a happy mammy :)

Hope Santa was good to everyone! Had a lovely Christmas and even brought herself to see Santa on Christmas Eve. She was distinctly underwhelmed :) She is loving smiling at the Christmas tree lights though. Had our first night out together last night. It was great to catch up with people. It was funny though, all of the group are parents and the general greeting when people arrived was 'god, isn't it great to be out without them' but within 5 minutes were mad talking about them and showing off pictures. We were first to arrive and spent the 10 mins before anyone else showed up looking at pictures of her over the last few days. Child talk did diminish after 2-3 drinks though! She stayed in granny's house last night, her first sleepover! I was tearful leaving her but the little rogue slept through the night. House is waaaay too quiet without her.

Gaah! Typed a reply and the iPad died! Roesy,we are making tentative forays into babysitting offers, think we'll try the cinema or something first and see how that goes! It's funny, when I was pregnant we got an invitation to a wedding in Vegas next May, we hummed and haaad a bit and sounded out the idea of leaving "the baby" (at that time a concept rather than a real person!) at home with his auntie/granny for 2 weeks.......:eek:

On another note, I want to buy a cot mattress today, Nana has said she'll buy it as a Christmas present so I can get a good one. I can't seem to find a pocket sprung one in cot size in mamas and papas, baby elegance do them as do Mothercare but Mothercare is home delivery only. I'd like to have a look & feel before I purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Hope everyone had a great christmas. I had so much fun playing dress up with her. Christmas eve she was a reindeer and christmas day she was in a santa suit. Embarrassing 21st pics are going to be amazing :D

Ive been off wheat and dairy the last 2 weeks or so and shes like a different baby. Only crying when due a feed and shes napping more, sleeps from 10 untill 9 with only a small feed at around 5 and wakes up and smiles instead of roaring. I ate my Christmas dinner with her
    smiling at everyone from her bouncer. Mammy is no longer a walking zombie fit to buy ear plugs :D

Shattered today. First period has finally started, it would probably explain why I was watching and sobbing over 16 and pregnant yesterday. Bloody hormones! I think I have some sort of eye infection too I'd say :( Baby is conked in my arms. Should really put her down but I'm enjoying the warm snuggles too much. Hubby is still off work so my lack of motivation to do anything today isn't really a problem!

Were all dab hands now;-)
    I just saw next have up the born in 2014 babygrows now,made me a little sad.
    She is a real laid back baby now though just crys for feeds and changes. Shes eating her fingers a lot now,any other babies turning to canabalism?

Were all dab hands now;-)
    I just saw next have up the born in 2014 babygrows now,made me a little sad.
    She is a real laid back baby now though just crys for feeds and changes. Shes eating her fingers a lot now,any other babies turning to canabalism?

My lad spent about ten minutes trhis evening chewing my finger, he held onto it and pulled it into his mouth :) Pity he's too little to hold onto a teething ring, I'd say he'd savage it.

Happy new year ladies :-)
    Spending it in with herself,not ready to be parted overnite just yet plus shes not in great form today :-(

Happy new year ladies. Here's to as happy and eventful one as 2013. We're in tonight too. We'll watch a film and have a glass of champagne if little miss permits. We've another off form one here. She's in the sling now dozing. She's due a bottle shortly then hopefully she'll go to bed. Poor little mite is tired.

I've had him awake all day, he's in good form but knackered. He's having a bottle now... Fingers crossed he goes down.

Happy new year ladies, here's to a great 2014 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Happy New Year xx

Looking forward to 2014 x

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Happy New Year!! It'll be a bit different to the others. We're spending a quiet evening in too!

Little legend slept from 10.30pm to 9am and woke up smiling. Happy new year!!

• Advertisement

Wow! We got from about 10.45-4.50 and about 5.30-8.45. She's contemplating a sleep again now after entertaining us with her stories propped up on a pillow in our bed. The chat is hilarious. She did 9-6 and 6.40-9.45 the night before so we're not doing too badly here I suppose. The smiles when they see you in the morning are magic. How's he doing on the 7oz bottles? How many would he take in a day. We're still polishing 6 6oz here with great gusto.

Roesy wrote: »
    Wow! We got from about 10.45-4.50 and about 5.30-8.45. She's contemplating a sleep again now after entertaining us with her stories propped up on a pillow in our bed. The chat is hilarious. She did 9-6 and 6.40-9.45 the night before so we're not doing too badly here I suppose. The smiles when they see you in the morning are magic. How's he doing on the 7oz bottles? How many would he take in a day. We're still polishing 6 6oz here with great gusto.

I'm a little worried that he's not getting enough, he's only taking 4 7oz bottles a day - 9am, 12/1pm, 4/5pm, and 8/9pm. I try to get a couple of ounces into him if he's still awake at 11pm but I don't want to force too much into him cos he gets sick if I do. He sleeps really well on it though, he generally goes down about 11 or 12, and sleeps till 8 or 9. I guess if he wanted more he'd let me know?

Edit: he's not well today :( Think he's got my chest infection, he has a temp and is coughing and sneezing. I just gave him a half dose of baby neurofen & he's asleep. Poor little man is only over a cold.

nikpmup wrote: »
    I'm a little worried that he's not getting enough, he's only taking 4 7oz bottles a day - 9am, 12/1pm, 4/5pm, and 8/9pm. I try to get a couple of ounces into him if he's still awake at 11pm but I don't want to force too much into him cos he gets sick if I do. He sleeps really well on it though, he generally goes down about 11 or 12, and sleeps till 8 or 9. I guess if he wanted more he'd let me know?

Edit: he's not well today :( Think he's got my chest infection, he has a temp and is coughing and sneezing. I just gave him a half dose of baby neurofen & he's asleep. Poor little man is only over a cold.

Ah, the poor little man! Hope he gets better soon.

With regards to the bottles. I'd say he'd let you know if he wanted/needed more. Our lady certainly does. Occasionally on a sleepy day she'll skip one feed. I was told once they are gaining weight and having plenty of wet and dirty nappies too they are getting enough. Our gp said at the 6 week check that the info on the formula boxes can sometimes cause parents unnecessary worry when their child is taking more/less. She said all babies are different At the time I was worried Olivia was taking too much. She told me she'd bring it back up if she was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ashcon

Hi all, happy new year to everyone! What a year eh?!

My question is about the Moses basket. Lo is 9 weeks old and will shortly be to long for the Moses basket, but will be way too tiny for the cot. We got a cot bed and he looks completely lost in it and I just know he won't settle in it, he loves the snugness of the basket. Also, the cot won't squeeze into our room beside the bed, and I think it's way too early to put him in his own room by himself. So...any ideas as to what I can do? Does anyone use a travel cot or what do ye all do?

ashcon wrote: »
    Hi all, happy new year to everyone! What a year eh?!

My question is about the Moses basket. Lo is 9 weeks old and will shortly be to long for the Moses basket, but will be way too tiny for the cot. We got a cot bed and he looks completely lost in it and I just know he won't settle in it, he loves the snugness of the basket. Also, the cot won't squeeze into our room beside the bed, and I think it's way too early to put him in his own room by himself. So...any ideas as to what I can do? Does anyone use a travel cot or what do ye all do?

Maybe see if you can pick up a second hand cot for the interim? Ikea do very cheap cots, I got one there for €30. I'm not sure travel cots are recommended for long term use; I'm open to correction on that though.

I was about to say the same ashcon,our girl is getting annoyed now at ten weeks in the basket as shes outgrowing it but the cot she looks lost in.
    Shes almost 13lbs now,little monster ;-) will check out ikea and argos for sumting smaller than her cotbed that could be used downstairs too

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

Girls I need some advice. It has been almost 12 weeks since lo was born and I still didn't get my period...i was combine feeding for 5wks but that's it so was thinking that I should have gotten it by now? How long it took for you? Oh and I'm not pregnant, checked today:-p

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

Girls I need some advice. It has been almost 12 weeks since lo was born and I still didn't get my period...i was combine feeding for 5wks but that's it so was thinking that I should have gotten it by now? How long it took for you? Oh and I'm not pregnant, checked today:-p

Hi Hanna. I was combined feeding until about 5/6 weeks too. I got my period at just before 8 weeks. Dr said to expect it about 4-6 weeks after I fully stopped but not to be surprised if it took a little longer. I had ovulation twinges about 10 days beforehand so I had an idea of roughly when to expect mine. Maybe give your dr a shout if you're worried?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They can take a while to come back regardless of when you stopped feeding. It was 6-7 weeks after I stopped that mine arrived.

Advertisement