Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

October 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Hanna I havent got mine yet either. Im ten wks post birth now and didnt breastfeed at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ashcon

I was about to say the same ashcon,our girl is getting annoyed now at ten weeks in the basket as shes outgrowing it but the cot she looks lost in.
    Shes almost 13lbs now,little monster ;-) will check out ikea and argos for sumting smaller than her cotbed that could be used downstairs

Nikpmup I think you are right by saying travel cots aren't great for long term use, but do you know if this is because of the mattress? I wonder if I could put a proper mattress into one would this be ok? I really don't want to have to buy another cot, and I need a travel cot for sleepovers at the grandparents anyways, so I'm trying to kill 2birds with one stone here I guess!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

ashcon wrote: »
    I was about to say the same ashcon,our girl is getting annoyed now at ten weeks in the basket as shes outgrowing it but the cot she looks lost in.
    Shes almost 13lbs now,little monster ;-) will check out ikea and argos for sumting smaller than her cotbed that could be used downstairs

Nikpmup I think you are right by saying travel cots aren't great for long term use, but do you know if this is because of the mattress? I wonder if I could put a proper mattress into one would this be ok? I really don't want to have to buy another cot, and I need a travel cot for sleepovers at the grandparents anyways, so I'm trying to kill 2birds with one stone here I guess!!

I think the rule is that the mattress has to fit snugly into the cot, with no gaps (or a minimum size gap) so that the babies arms or legs don't get trapped between the cot and mattress. So you would have to buy a travel cot that was 120cm x 60cm, so that a cot mattress would fit it correctly.

OH went back to work today,so far ive done two feeds tidied and hoovered living room,had a shower and got to blow dry hair all with bubs in tow. So proud!!:-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

OH went back to work today,so far ive done two feeds tidied and hoovered living room,had a shower and got to blow dry hair all with bubs in tow. So proud!!:-D

Wow! I haven't even managed to get dressed yet. Baby is being a right fussy boots today! Usually just throw her in the sling and potter around doing our bits and bobs. Not having it today though. She has started being really fussy, cranky and taking ages to settle for naps lately. Not so bad at night. Anyone else have this?

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Wow! I haven't even managed to get dressed yet. Baby is being a right fussy boots today! Usually just throw her in the sling and potter around doing our bits and bobs. Not having it today though. She has started being really fussy, cranky and taking ages to settle for naps lately. Not so bad at night. Anyone else have this?

Yep, Hugo is repaying the great night sleeping with only having ten minute catnaps during the day. It makes getting stuff done difficult, having said that, my sister has just taken him off for a 30 min drive so I can shower and he can sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

thanks ladies! ill give it 2 more weeks and if nothing happens ill go c the doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

nikpmup wrote: »
    ashcon wrote: »

I think the rule is that the mattress has to fit snugly into the cot, with no gaps (or a minimum size gap) so that the babies arms or legs don't get trapped between the cot and mattress. So you would have to buy a travel cot that was 120cm x 60cm, so that a cot mattress would fit it correctly.

yup and argos are having a sale with 120x60 size travel cots if you're looking.

happy new year, little fella is teething and about to swallow his hand whole, i think i will buy shares in teetha! it's like baby prozac! :P

My little man is in his cot for the first time tonight. I got a pocket sprung mattress from baby elegance for €80; the cot was €30 in ikea!! He went down fine, had to go up to him once and put him back down, he did get unsettled again but calmed himself and fell asleep. It's getting earlier and earlier that he's going down for the night, and he seems to sleep until at least 7am most nights.

He's still sick, he has a barking cough and is hot & cold. Baby neurofen and calpol alternately all day, he's been quite a happy chappy considering!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Getting my lady's passport sorted tomorrow. So weird ha how did all your babies find the 2 month injections, getting them done on tuesday. She was fine getting the bcg but the doc said after these ones she might be a bit out of sorts..did u guys find that??

Also, anyone arranged a christening yet? Have mine all sorted for the 15th.of feb. Making her robe out of my communion dress that's been sitting up in my mams wardrobe all these years.

• Advertisement

No christening sorted yet but my mother in law has crocheted a gorgeous robe and shawl for us. The priest who married us was fairly scatty and left out loads of the wedding ceremony(besides the legal bits!) so it could be a very short christening.

We have an appointment on Monday for her 2 month shots. Not looking forward to it either Madisson. She was a little trouper for the Bcg and some bloods she had to get done in the hospital. She's older and more aware now.

She was in foul form for a good bit of the day yesterday but has slept 10ish until 6.30/40 the last 2 days. Hopefully she'll go back for a couple of hours like yesterday because we have no power. Hope it's back soon. I only have 2 bottles.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

No christening here for us heathens. :p

Might have a family get together though.

As for the jabs, there wasn't a bother on him. Good luck with your lady!

We have our jabs this week also, but he is just getting over a cold and still sounds a bit chesty, so wouldn't be surprised if doc tells us to wait a week.

Had christening last sun, was a great day, kept it to immediate family members as there are so many of us and didn't want it to be like a circus!! I used the robe that my mum had for myself and my brothers, was nice to carry on the tradition I guess, but felt kinda bad for putting him in a dress!!! ;)

I'm in negotiations over the christening - I'm vehemently against xhristening him, OH wants to for his mam. I can't abide the thought of it.

He's really sick today - I've never heard a hoarse baby before :( He has a barking cough. Might try to get him to the doc later.
    Edit: he's definitely going to the doc, he's really sick, poor man :( I feel like a terrible mammy, I had an appointment for yesterday but I cancelled it as he seemed fine by lunchtime. Poor fella can barely breathe :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

We had the christening booked for last Saturday but partners uncle died Stephens day so we cancelled it to this Sunday. We now just booked lunch for immediate family.

Again we have family gown, got a bit teary eyed when we put it on him. :-)

I'm in negotiations over the christening - I'm vehemently against xhristening him, OH wants to for his mam. I can't abide the thought of it.

He's really sick today - I've never heard a hoarse baby before :( He has a barking cough. Might try to get him to the doc later.
    Edit: he's definitely going to the doc, he's really sick, poor man :( I feel like a terrible mammy, I had an appointment for yesterday but I cancelled it as he seemed fine by lunchtime. Poor fella can barely breathe :(
    Has he got any better x

Has he got any better x

I'm just back from the docs, he doesn't have a bacterial infection so no antibiotic, just rest, fluids, calpol, neurofen and lots of TLC. He's still really unwell but he should get better in a few days hopefully.

Oh, and he's started crying tears. Mammy's heart = broken!!

I'm just back from the docs, he doesn't have a bacterial infection so no antibiotic, just rest, fluids, calpol, neurofen and lots of TLC. He's still really unwell but he should get better in a few days hopefully.

Poor little man. Poor mammy too! The tears are a killer, the bottom lip has gone a couple of times too. Heartbreaking is right.

Oh hopefully he'll get better, poor little dude. And poor you too x nothing worse watching them cry and you cant do anything :-/ just plenty of hugs x

My mother just rang to tell me that my 3 year old niece saw a picture of Olivia in the bath and asked was it baby Jesus!

• Advertisement

Oh my god Roesy that's hilarious!

aww Nikpmup theres nothing worse than the real tears, it os heartbreaking! Glad to hear its not bacterial though, still though horrible when they are out of sorts.

Christening booked here too for march, seriously didn't realise the price of the gowns, madness!

Aw he's getting sicker. The doc said to just ride it out, but it's heartbreaking listening to him. He has a barking cough and his breathing is raspy. I've never heard a hoarse baby before! He's in surprisingly good form considering,but I'm a mess :( He has a touch of diarrhoea too (prob from the meds) Poor little man :(:(

Aw he's getting sicker. The doc said to just ride it out, but it's heartbreaking listening to him. He has a barking cough and his breathing is raspy. I've never heard a hoarse baby before! He's in surprisingly good form considering,but I'm a mess :( He has a touch of diarrhoea too (prob from the meds) Poor little man :(:(

Poor little thing :( hopefully meds will kick in and he'll get some relief soon

The doc said it'd run its course in a few days, but you know yourself that it seems like forever when you're sick :( I'd go though anything rather than have him sick.

Aw hope he gets better soon! Poor little pet.

Poor little man x hope he gets better really soon x

Bless him - he's trying to smile and goo this morning, even though he's sick, he sounds like Frank Butcher making baby noises!

I just rubbed my babys head for the first time,ive been afraid up to now to touch the top of her head.just a fear of the soft spot.
    She practicaly purred,she loved it :-) I am byas but she is so cute

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I just rubbed my babys head for the first time,ive been afraid up to now to touch the top of her head.just a fear of the soft spot.
    She practicaly purred,she loved it :-) I am byas but she is so cute

I remember the first night I haf her home I touched her head by accident when i picked her up when she was crying and she fell asleep just after and I started cryinf and trying to wake her up, thought id done something to her. haha bloody hormones :D

I know the feeling, I find myself just looking at her when shes asleep instead of sleeping myself cause shes just so damn cute :D

• Advertisement

Ha madisson I do the exact same! And then her little eyelids start flickering shes such a light sleeper at nite but she has the cutest little sleep face and she loves to totaly pan herself out.i cant help but laugh at the sprawl she gets going on.

Advertisement