Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ha madisson I do the exact same! And then her little eyelids start flickering shes such a light sleeper at nite but she has the cutest little sleep face and she loves to totaly pan herself out.i cant help but laugh at the sprawl she gets going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Haha all I have to do isrub dorians head at nigyt and he lulls off to sleep so cuteeee

as for 2month Injections, they were grand for himself bought the calpol but thankfully havent needed it yet.
    Hes getting his 4 month ones next week booooooooo he wont like that

also no christenings here although it feels like people are just waitiing for us to change our minds... aint happening here and if hechanges his mind im not going

eh need to get a matress for le cot bed how do I pick one like foam sprung or what

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Oy!

Poor man started coughing earlier, he was coughing so hard he made himself puke - and not just a baby puke, but an adult-style one, retching repeatedly and gagging. He fell asleep immediately; I of course asssumed he'd fallen into some sort of weird coma! Awoke ten minutes later and it was like a different baby - the puking seems to have forced all the congestion out of him (TMI, sorry, but a lot of vomit came out his nose and with it came an almighty amount of snotty gunk) He's still stuffed up, but he's been in much better form (apart from crying when I took away the neurofen syringe as he had been using it as a teether!) I'm hoping he's past the worst of it. OH even cancelled a night out with the boys as he was so worried about him!

Puddinghead, I bought a pocket sprung mattress from baby elegance, they have 20% off in store at the moment. The cot bed pocket sprung was €129 (-20%) IIRC.

Ah god nikpmup I felt for the poor little dote and you reading that. There realy is nuting worse than the worry when they get sick.
    He sounds to have gotten a rite dose,gladto hear hes in better form after the vomiting
    Weve had two colds just cough and green nose,the first time I saw a proper green up her nose I cryed I didnt know little babys got proper green ones

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

the poor little lad nikpmup. Have you got the saline drops? When Rory was all stuffed when he was a couple of weeks old I had him driven demented with the drops and the aspirator.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    the poor little lad nikpmup. Have you got the saline drops? When Rory was all stuffed when he was a couple of weeks old I had him driven demented with the drops and the aspirator.

I do, I have the saline spray and a sucker device that I got in boots that is a bit more effective than the bulb syringe - none of it was as effective as projectile vomiting out his nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    I do, I have the saline spray and a sucker device that I got in boots that is a bit more effective than the bulb syringe - none of it was as effective as projectile vomiting out his nose!

How's the little man now?

We had the vaccinations this morning. She wasn't too bad for them but is very clingy since. Just put her down for a nap there and hope she stays down for at least an hour because she is shattered, poor little mite.

Roesy wrote: »
    How's the little man now?

We had the vaccinations this morning. She wasn't too bad for them but is very clingy since. Just put her down for a nap there and hope she stays down for at least an hour because she is shattered, poor little mite.

He's on the mend but still very congested. He's vomited a few times since, I think the coughing sets off his gag reflex and up it comes. He's clingy and cranky today. He's just fallen asleep so hopefully he gets a good hour or two, he needs the rest.

He has his 3 month development check tomorrow. I downloaded the percentile chart, but I can't make head nor tail of it; it has to be adjusted to his corrected age as well so I'll leave that to the PHN! I'm irrationally worried about how it's going to go - but then, I'm irrationally worried about everything to do with him!

Roesy, get in the calpol in case she's a bit under the weather later today or tomorrow :)

Should I be worried that we are only getting vacinated this week? Were almost eleven weeks now and I tink we should have got them at eight. Im upset now that I didnt bring her before xmas.

Should I be worried that we are only getting vacinated this week? Were almost eleven weeks now and I tink we should have got them at eight. Im upset now that I didnt bring her before xmas.

Not too late. 2 calendar months at the earliest is what I was told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Roesy wrote: »
    Wow! I haven't even managed to get dressed yet. Baby is being a right fussy boots today! Usually just throw her in the sling and potter around doing our bits and bobs. Not having it today though. She has started being really fussy, cranky and taking ages to settle for naps lately. Not so bad at night. Anyone else have this?

Happy new year all! Very late I know but left my iPad charger in the in laws over Xmas and only just got it back today so back online again thank god!
    Catching up on all the posts and I was just about to post myself about how hard it is to get him to settle for naps during the day. He really fights them and then gets so overtired that he screams and goes scarily red and can't feed! It's a vicious circle cos he then wants food and falls asleep on the boob and the minute I move to put him down to sleep he wakes and screams again. he is ok at night other than won't go down to sleep til midnight but sleeps til 7ish.

Any of you ladies who have yours into somewhat of a routine with naps and bedtime have any advice for a wornout mommy?!

Regarding the vaccinations they didn't bother my fella at all.

Nikpmump how is your little one? That dose sounds awful, poor little thing and poor you, horrible to see them like that.
    Someone mentioned a 3mobth checkup, is this a standard thing with the phn? We don't have anything now until his 4month jabs so just wondering,

Thanks

knock13 wrote: »
    Happy new year all! Very late I know but left my iPad charger in the in laws over Xmas and only just got it back today so back online again thank god!
    Catching up on all the posts and I was just about to post myself about how hard it is to get him to settle for naps during the day. He really fights them and then gets so overtired that he screams and goes scarily red and can't feed! It's a vicious circle cos he then wants food and falls asleep on the boob and the minute I move to put him down to sleep he wakes and screams again. he is ok at night other than won't go down to sleep til midnight but sleeps til 7ish.

Any of you ladies who have yours into somewhat of a routine with naps and bedtime have any advice for a wornout mommy?!

Regarding the vaccinations they didn't bother my fella at all.

Nikpmump how is your little one? That dose sounds awful, poor little thing and poor you, horrible to see them like that.
    Someone mentioned a 3mobth checkup, is this a standard thing with the phn? We don't have anything now until his 4month jabs so just wondering,

Thanks

We definitely had a fussier than normal little lady over the vaccinations. She generally has gone quite snarly and quite hard to settle too around nap times though so I'd love a few tips on this too. Lately her little routine seems to be sleep, wake, feed, be charming, be snarly and repeat with varying lengths of sleep time. My plan is to start watching more carefully for tiredness cues but quite honestly she seems to go from being a sunny little thing to a grizzly little bear almost immediately when she's tired.

Had a little complain about it over in the moan thread in newborn and toddlers too but had a few nights of sleeping from 10ish to between 5 and 7.30. The last 3 nights the poor little thing is being disturbed by doing a big dirty nappy around 3-4am which involves a change so then she looks for a feed. It's amazing how quickly you get used to the extra hour or two sleep. Little monkey was just dozing off again there in my arms after her breakfast and is after being woken again by another big dirty nappy!

With regards the 3 month check up, the public health nurse told me at our 4 week check that she'd be sending us out an appointment for it in the post. It'll be in the health centre.

Thanks rosey, exact same here he goes from gurgling and smiling away to sudden crying and tiredness. I think I need to catch him before he gets too tired but it's trying to figure out when that is! did try to put him down one of the days in his cot when he wasn't crying or asleep n he just giggled away at his mobile for while n then screamed!!
    Anyone else have similar experience and any words of wisdom?

Well, I never figured it out with James and it's the same with Rory! Rory gets really annoyed before sleeping.

I think by the time James could sit up unaided he'd go from playing to sleep. I put a curved pillow behind him and when he was tired he'd let himself fall back and go to sleep. Then I'd cover him up.

It took 2 hours to settle Rory last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

For naps during the day the extractor fan is your friend. Mine nap at all but if I put her in her pram and stick the extractor fan on she will go straight to sleep :D

Yep, my lads the same, smiles turn into grizzles during the day, twenty minute catnap and he's off again. In order to get anything done, he's either in the sling, or I put his swing chair on the kitchen table and he can watch me going about my business. However, he generally goes down around half ten and might sleep until 9am, usually it's 8 ish. The proper sleep is lovely after so many months of not sleeping, between pregnancy and since he was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hanna.v

Zosia seems to be spitting up so much lately! after every feed its like half of what she had comes up in waves of spit up, gets me worried, it doesnt seem to worry her though...im wondering what could be the couse. i started her on 6 ounce bottles two weeks ago but made the change gradually going an ounce up first so dont think im overfeeding her...its 5 6ounce bottles in 24h which i think is ok measure for my 3 month old...she burps nicely after feeding (thanks to infacol) and i keep her sitting in her rocker to keep her up right afterwards but nothin seems to work...
    im thinking maybe to revert back to aptamil1 coz she has been on comfort since 3wks age and im not sure if it suits her that well coz she is extremly gassy all the time and has bm only every 2 days so(but doesnt seem to be constipated) maybe the spitting is related to it too...uh i might go see the doc next week what u think girls?

btw any of u using comfort formula ? does it make ur babies gassy or not pooping? just thinkin if maybe its a common thing...oh and she drools uncontrollably!

hanna.v wrote: »
    Zosia seems to be spitting up so much lately! after every feed its like half of what she had comes up in waves of spit up, gets me worried, it doesnt seem to worry her though...im wondering what could be the couse. i started her on 6 ounce bottles two weeks ago but made the change gradually going an ounce up first so dont think im overfeeding her...its 5 6ounce bottles in 24h which i think is ok measure for my 3 month old...she burps nicely after feeding (thanks to infacol) and i keep her sitting in her rocker to keep her up right afterwards but nothin seems to work...
    im thinking maybe to revert back to aptamil1 coz she has been on comfort since 3wks age and im not sure if it suits her that well coz she is extremly gassy all the time and has bm only every 2 days so(but doesnt seem to be constipated) maybe the spitting is related to it too...uh i might go see the doc next week what u think girls?

btw any of u using comfort formula ? does it make ur babies gassy or not pooping? just thinkin if maybe its a common thing...oh and she drools uncontrollably!

Maybe try her with 6 5oz instead 5 6oz. The 6 might be a little much for her? Saying that, my 2 month old savage takes 6 6oz without a bother. The one thing I've learned is that all babies are different especially in terms of eating!! We are using anti reflux milk and apparently that can cause constipation too but not for our little lady! Oh and the drool and bubbles are something else here too. It's aggravated by the reflux in our case. The amount of bibs we are getting through is something else!

Think my little ones coming down with something. She wont take the bottle and wants to just sleep. Has me worried she usually loves her food.
    Also just got first period after having her so at least thats one less ting to worry why it wasnt happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

She hasn't slept in 28 hours other than for 10 min naps and wakes up screaming and will feed for a min and scream again..these bloody injections eugghh. To top it all off a send away for a passport, print off the affidavit on the dfa website, pay a solicitor to sign it and they send it back saying they have a new one since the new year but just havent updated their website so ive to go back and pat the solicitor again to sign the new affidavit. Eughhh

• Advertisement

Groucho hope lil missus is doin better and got her appetite back!

Madisson sad to hear ur lo took vaccinations badly but lots of mommy tlc can do wonders im sure:)

I just have to share with u mommies an amazing thing i bought! i got M&P flo wrap few days ago and im ADDICTED! got a classic carrier from them a while back but baba hates it so got the wrap after reading its hip friendly and in geeral more healthy. Zosia LOVES sitting inside of it! she falls asleep instantly when i put her in! im just so joyous i got this and wish i had it from the start if you still dont have a carrier this is seriously a way to go! im flyin away on sunday so it will be a godsend for the airport hassle!
    im actually so syced i have to share a pic :D
    1538847_10151864863751517_500378758_n.jpg

I have a very similar one, it's a Je Porte Mon Bebe one, and like Zosia, Hugo falls asleep in it instantly. We also have a Stokke sling, (more "manly" for the OH!) he's not so keen on that, but I'd say he'll like it when he can go in it front facing and watch the world go by.

PHN wants to see me in a month.... Apparently Hugo is a month behind on his neck strength. He's a month early, go figure :rolleyes:

I have a very similar one, it's a Je Porte Mon Bebe one, and like Zosia, Hugo falls asleep in it instantly. We also have a Stokke sling, (more "manly" for the OH!) he's not so keen on that, but I'd say he'll like it when he can go in it front facing and watch the world go by.

PHN wants to see me in a month.... Apparently Hugo is a month behind on his neck strength. He's a month early, go figure :rolleyes:

i was looking at JPMB one but than saw that MP had theirs on half price so went for it. i think im gonna really get into this baby wearing thing :) month from now i will probably have few more different wraps, scarves and shawls :D

i was just thinking how did you know about the 3month check up? coz i didnt get any letter from health center neither did phn called me...im thinking if the 3month check is done in all regions? maybe swords doesnt do it....:confused:

The PHN told me she'd be seeing me in January; I got a letter in the post before Christmas with an appointment. Perhaps give them a ring? I know my sisters son slipped through the net, she had to chase the PHN for an appointment when she got home from hospital.

We were told about the 3 month check at our 4 week weigh in. We're in Cork though. We were told we'd be sent an appointment in the post. We've a babybjorn carrier. I find it good. To be honest, I only use it around the house when the reflux is bad and she needs to be upright. It's a bit like the dummy. She can take it or leave it.

Aww hanna such a cute picture:-)
    Weve not got an appointment from the phn either.

Aww Hanna very cute, snug as a bug. I got my sisters baby Bjorn sling but haven't used it much, actually haven't used it at all outside yet. She swore by it for shopping so I must try it as every time in step foot inside a shop with him in the pram he screams his head off!

We never got appt or letter about 3month check so I said it to them at the clinic last week when I got him weighed and they made one for me next week. They don't seem that organized, I would just ring them to remind them.
    My little munchkin weighed in at a stone at 12 weeks, no wonder by back and arms are aching, can't imagine what I will be like in another a few months!

Out of curiosity, what does the 3 month checkup entail? Weight and length?

Weight, length, head circumference, charting percentiles, checking neck strength and reflexes, a little chat about introducing spoon feeding and asking how we both are - I suppose to check for signs of PND, or just if the mother is struggling a bit. She asked me if I had been to any mother and baby groups, and appeared a bit put out that I haven't. That was about it really.

• Advertisement

Mother and baby groups are something I for one would have zero interest in going to. Our phn was pushing that here the day after we got home from hospital.

Advertisement