Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm happy enough to go back. I get very antsy when I have no income. Even the thought makes me itch. I like my job too and I think that helps.

Rory's spending his first night in his own room. I hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

How was the little man DK?

It went well. He grumbled at 2 and it was escalating so I went in and gave him the dodie. Then at the time he's been waking up (around half six) he woke me and I gave him the dodie again and went back to bed to wake up properly. Next thing I knew it was 8 and the older fella was in to us.

I love having my own room back. It's like a hotel room! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Out of necessity we're probably going to make the big move this weekend. The Moses basket gymnastics are getting more impressive by the day so she needs to go into the cot and our room would be like an obstacle course with the cot in it. I'll miss her snorting, snorey self!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It went well. He grumbled at 2 and it was escalating so I went in and gave him the dodie. Then at the time he's been waking up (around half six) he woke me and I gave him the dodie again and went back to bed to wake up properly. Next thing I knew it was 8 and the older fella was in to us.

I love having my own room back. It's like a hotel room! :)

We have the problem of house layout! It's a dormer style house, with one bedroom upstairs, and two downstairs. He's upstairs with us at the mo, but when the time comes to have his own room, we'll all have to move downstairs - there's no way I'm leaving him downstairs on his own, and after the break in I'm not too keen on any of us being downstairs tbh. A bit more head scratching required.

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    We have the problem of house layout! It's a dormer style house, with one bedroom upstairs, and two downstairs. He's upstairs with us at the mo, but when the time comes to have his own room, we'll all have to move downstairs - there's no way I'm leaving him downstairs on his own, and after the break in I'm not too keen on any of us being downstairs tbh. A bit more head scratching required.

My brother and his wife had to do the same over the layout of their house. Such a pity that the robbery has you feeling that way about your own home. My mother was the same after my family home was burgled a couple of years ago. Is Hugo back into his sleep routine yet?

The big move happened tonight. She's down in the cot in her own room. She'll definitely wake during the night for a bottle because she had her bedtime bottle about an hour earlier than usual because she was exhausted and viciously cranky. The oh is out tonight and I'm on duty for the night feed so hopefully she won't give me hell!

He seems to have settled somewhat. He's waking a bit early but if I take him into the bed with me he snoozes on. He was snuggled up to me this morning and he started playing with my nipple!!! Think he thought it was a teething toy or something!
    I hope Olivia gives you an easy night Roesy! He owes you a night out now ;)

First night down! She slept from 9ish to 5. She was stirring from around 4.30 and a dirty nappy roused her so maybe she would have slept longer if it wasn't for that. I had her changed, fed and settled back in the cot for around 5.35. She slept again until about 9 when another dirty nappy woke her. She's just gone back to sleep now. Hopefully she'll do at least an hour. She's always better when she has a good morning nap. Looking forward to not being on duty tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ive a feeling I will have our bundle of joy in with us for a few years yet ;-)
    I have a huge fear of having her in a roomof her own.
    Maybe when she starts creche I might calm down and move her to the room we spent hours decorating.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I dont think my little one will be in her own room anytime soon. Most nights she ends up in my bed because I get too tired when im feeding her in the middle of the night 😠oops!!! Was at the doc yest and im 5 pounds off my pre pregnancy weight :D started back weight training too yesterday and I swear im going to die today..my arms are in bits..I can only imagine what ill be like after leg day tomorrow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

you guys have moved babies into their own rooms... I'm so not there yet what is something happened him... when he slept the danger way hee does now but 13 foot away behind a plaster board wall :o hehe he'l be moving after I go back to work, on March 11th poo!

anyone have experience with baby eczema? I'm looking for like a moisturizer bath stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

you guys have moved babies into their own rooms... I'm so not there yet what is something happened him... when he slept the danger way hee does now but 13 foot away behind a plaster board wall :o hehe he'l be moving after I go back to work, on March 11th poo!

anyone have experience with baby eczema? I'm looking for like a moisturizer bath stuff.
    "

Have you tried any of the "moo goo" products for the eczema? We used their scalp cream for samuels cradle cap and it cleared up in no time. Its brilliant stuff. I remember seeing a before and after pic on their website of a baby with very bad eczema. You can get it in health shops and certain chemists have it. Its made from all natural products.

Madisson wrote: »
    I dont think my little one will be in her own room anytime soon. Most nights she ends up in my bed because I get too tired when im feeding her in the middle of the night 😠oops!!! Was at the doc yest and im 5 pounds off my pre pregnancy weight :D started back weight training too yesterday and I swear im going to die today..my arms are in bits..I can only imagine what ill be like after leg day tomorrow!!!

Fair play to you... I'm still 2 stone overweight and have managed to do approx 1 walk and 1 couch 2 5k "run"! (More walking than running tbh!) I'm gonna start leaving him in my Mams for an hour to get out I think

So the cot doesn't seem to be too much safer than the Moses basket for my little Houdini :p Heard a little shriek awhile ago and when I went in she was angled almost sideways with her leg stuck through the bars out the side of the cot. She lying in the centre towards the bottom when she went down for her nap!

Not sure whats up but weve had more or less 24 hours of crying and extreme fits of being inconsolable.she also wont even take the bottles,lucky to get 30ml into her today.
    Could this be start of teething?

Not sure whats up but weve had more or less 24 hours of crying and extreme fits of being inconsolable.she also wont even take the bottles,lucky to get 30ml into her today.
    Could this be start of teething?

Is she having wet nappies Groucho? Would be afraid of her getting dehydrated if she's taking in that little. The inconsolable crying is very hard to watch, so upsetting. We've had several bouts of it lately but seems to more down to her tummy and reflux even though she's definitely teething too. Doc could feel 2 under the surface the other day but reckons it could be a while before we actually see anything.

Bring her to the doc, Groucho. Sounds like pain, and it's so hard to pinpoint in babies.

Have you got sleeping bags for her, Roesy? They're brill for the cot.

Bring her to the doc, Groucho. Sounds like pain, and it's so hard to pinpoint in babies.

Have you got sleeping bags for her, Roesy? They're brill for the cot.

The grobag type things? Yep, put her in them at night as she's quite the kicky little thing. This was during her afternoon nap. Always feel like I'll be getting her too wakeful if I change her into one during the day when she starts getting drowsy.

ladies lock your daughters up, Dorian loves to spoon

Baw! Doteen!

Here's Rory last week!
    483C4004-F56A-48FD-A587-0017940DB803_zpsxxqmtgpp.jpg

• Advertisement

arah would you look...

I want another oneeeee

Handsome devils the pair of them!

Ach while we're at it....

Ah his wee eyebrows!

Ah his wee eyebrows!

Aye, they only came in in the last week or two!

Hope my little madam is okay. She woke at 5ish with a dirty nappy and had a bottle. I put her back down around 5.30 but she's whimpering a lot in her sleep since then. She's a noisy little thing when she sleeps but it's usually snorting and grunting. I've checked on her a few times and she's still a sleep but is pulling her legs up to her tummy and moaning every few minutes still. She doesn't feel hot. Hopefully it's me worrying over nothing.

Ah hope she's okay Roesy. My lads sick again, he's all bunged up & coughing. Had him in the bed with me since 4.30am. Gave him a dose of calpol and he's now cooing at Jeremy Kyle!

Little man spent the whole night in our bed, he's not well :( I'm bloody shattered!

It's great fun watching the developmental leaps. In the last two days I can see that Hugo has realised that he can reach for and grab toys or anything that takes his interest - before that he would either passively look at them, or if he grabbed them it was pure accident. He now concentrates really hard to coordinate his hands to hold his toy. Mammy's going to Smyths today to clear them out of ALL their baby toys :)

Thats great nikpmup,were not at that stage yet.
    Duren the day do you guys do much with baby?anyting educational.im a little at a loss if theres things I should be doing with her.

• Advertisement

I play with her a good bit during the day when we're at home. We look at her cloth books, she loves mashing her little hands off them and hearing the different sounds and feeling the different textures. We do a bit of tummy time(probably not enough!) and at the moment she is mad trying to pull herself up into sitting when she's on our lap so I give her plenty of opportunity to do it. We play airplanes and sometimes I dangle her little toys in front of her and she tries to kick or bat them. She also spends time on her playmat. I've had to take the toys that dangle down from it off at the moment because they seem to be annoying her at the moment though and she used love them. I try and save swing or bouncer time for when we're eating. If I'm busy around the house I pop her into the baby carrier and we do jobs with some music to bop to. All thats if we are having a good day though. If she's refluxy and cranky, its all about keeping her comfortable and calm.

Is she feeling any better Groucho?

Advertisement