Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

She is thanks roesy. We went to the dr he said she is going through a growth spurt but nothing he could see to worry about.
    It was a horrible few days. Hate seeing her like that.
    Ye have a lot going on in the day roesy,i must see will she attempt sitting up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I chat to him a good bit, when he's getting his nappy changes he loves a good ol kick with his bits out! Full of chat then too. He likes to sit in his beanbag with me facing him, I hold toys above him or I sit him on my knee facing out and hold the toys in front of him. He loves the cloth books too, or anything shiny!
    I will admit freely that I stick him in the beanbag in the mornings in front of the telly for half an hour. He loves it, squeals and gurgles away and I can have a coffee in peace! I put him in the swing chair if I need to do anything in the kitchen, it's up on the kitchen table so he can see me go about my business, and I chat to him a lot then too

Ah cool,i was worried I was the only mammy that listed tv as part of babys day:-) she loves the colours and sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Sounds like more than it is when written down :) Tv is definitely a part too, especially during feeds and the 20-30 mins upright time after! She's a baby that needs to be upright a lot with the reflux though and she's not crazy about the bouncer so she'd usually be sitting on one of our laps for telly. That's when she started pulling herself forward actually. Would love if she would spend a small bit more time in the bouncer to free me up a bit during the day.

I swear the kid loves Jeremy Kyle! He squeals with delight when it's on!!

Edit : I also manage to combine tummy time with TV on the beanbag - takes the sting out of it a bit for him ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The TV is nearly always on here. It's awful, but we're total telly-addicts. Rory is more interested in watching his big brother jumping around the place.

We upped the tummy time hugely in the past two weeks. I watched a video about 4 month olds and what was typical for their development and he was lagging behind on a few of the areas. He's come on leaps and bounds.

I've even been carrying him around on his tummy. Getting stronger every day. My little Hercules.

*gets mammy guilts about pathetic amount of tummy time she does*

He seriously hates it - after a couple of minutes he starts to scream and just lies there not trying. I don't know how to get him to participate in it without distressing him. It's got ton the point where he won't even lie on my chest anymore, I think he thinks we're trying to trick him into it!

Here's what I watched and it gives handy tips. We just put him on his tummy for short bursts 5 to 10 times today. The carry is the best one for us.

I just watched that video today:-D great minds lol.
    I had defo neglected tummy time due to her hate of it

That vid has some good tips alright. I already do the carry, and I try to sit him up and slowly lean him forward so that he's looking up, until he cops on and roars! The stomach thing is a no-go, he's onto me ;)

• Advertisement

Must take a look at that video when I get home. Any opinions on those Bumbo seats ladies? A friend gave me her one, said it was recommended to her by a nurse for her little girl who was a little behind in meeting her milestones. There's very mixed info about them online. I put her into it very briefly but she just looked a bit unnatural in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ashcon

Roesy wrote: »
    Must take a look at that video when I get home. Any opinions on those Bumbo seats ladies? A friend gave me her one, said it was recommended to her by a nurse for her little girl who was a little behind in meeting her milestones. There's very mixed info about them online. I put her into it very briefly but she just looked a bit unnatural in it.

A lot of them have recently been recalled, I read that recently but can't remember where I read it. I personally would be weary of them, but I Havnt used it so don't really have anything to base that on only what I've read online.

Apparently it's very easy for babies to tip them over, there's been reports of cracked skulls! But like anything else, I guess it's down to using them correctly. My lad is trying very hard to sit up unsupported, if I hold his waist/hips he pretty much can do it but if he tips a bit I automatically correct him - that wouldn't happen in a seat, but then would he learn to correct himself quicker?

They were recalled ages ago so they could put notices on them to say not to use on a raised surface, which is fairly obvious IMO!

We have one that we got for James. James hated it so much. Rory quite likes it when we put him in it to watch James play with his toys. He'll be there chatting away in what James calls "Baby talk".

Ladies, I want another baby. Not right away, like. After James I wasn't sure I ever wanted another and it took a lot of soul searching to try for Rory. But now I want another one. It's mad, the amount of love in the house has increased exponentially since Rory arrived. I'm going around loved up all the time, and so are James and my OH.

I have so many happies right now. James is 4 tomorrow. 4 years ago I was sitting on my gym ball for the second night running waiting for my labour to get stronger or something to happen. Never doing labour again after that crapfest. :D

*whispers*

I want one too.....

....soon.....

*tiptoes away.....*

Me three! This time 12 weeks ago I felt like I'd been bit by a steam roller and wondering how the hell was I going to know how to take care of the beautiful little bundle of chaos in the little crib beside me. It feels like yesterday in one way and a lifetime in another. I keep thinking that it must be hormones that have me broody still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Me 4..must find man first :/ literally never imagined I could love something so much..im addicted to her.

Cannot believe shes 3 months tomorrow. Im the exact same roesy feels like just yesterday but feels like shes been around forever too.

I found myself jealous of the bumps. I still check out pregnant ladies :D

Baby caught wind of my plan to have a lie in this morning because my husband has a day off. Slept through the night, typical when it's not my turn to get up!! Fairy did a giant poo which she managed to mash into herself, her vest and her new grobag as she wiggled in her sleep to angle herself feet almost completely facing sideways in the cot. Had to give her a sink bath which she enjoyed but involved all hands on deck. She roared like a bull then when she got out. It was like she suddenly realised that the unusual morning fun was over and that it was nearly 12 hours since her last bottle. I'm back in bed trying to go back to sleep. The body is willing but the mind isn't complying!

She's like a little crocodile at the moment. If fingers or hands(or anything really!) pass in close proximity to her face she moves her head and snaps her little mouth to try and get it. It's hilarious! We thought it was coincidence the first few times she did it. We have the hospital about her reflux later. Hope she doesn't savage any of the doctors with her powerful jaws :)

Have to agree about baby upping the amount of love in the house,i could it in laughs and she has both of us laughing a lot every day. The chat is so funny,and the giving out babbling.
    I was very down throughout my pregnancy,regret now not enjoying it a bit more,suffering bump envy;-)

• Advertisement

All loved up here too :) Don't tell anyone, but my favourite part of the day is about 6.30am, when jnr has woken up. I take him into the bed for a snooze and a snuggle. OH gets up at about 6.50, so the three of us have a snuggle for about 20 mins. Two years ago I was living alone surrounded by photos of my late husband and wondering if that was the way I was going to spend the rest of my life. Now I'm waking up in a house that's too small for the three of us, tripping over laundry that needs doing, my hair badly needs highlights (and a good wash!) I'm permanently knackered, permanently broke......

..... And never happier :)

nikpmup wrote: »
    All loved up here too :) Don't tell anyone, but my favourite part of the day is about 6.30am, when jnr has woken up. I take him into the bed for a snooze and a snuggle. OH gets up at about 6.50, so the three of us have a snuggle for about 20 mins. Two years ago I was living alone surrounded by photos of my late husband and wondering if that was the way I was going to spend the rest of my life. Now I'm waking up in a house that's too small for the three of us, tripping over laundry that needs doing, my hair badly needs highlights (and a good wash!) I'm permanently knackered, permanently broke......

..... And never happier :)

That's so lovely.

Would he go to your bed without having a bottle when he wakes? Madam bestows a few beautiful smiles on us for a minute or so and then it's straight down to the business of 'operation feed me!' She kicks up a ferocious fuss if she needs to be changed first. She's a little savage :)

That's so lovely.

Would he go to your bed without having a bottle when he wakes? Madam bestows a few beautiful smiles on us for a minute or so and then it's straight down to the business of 'operation feed me!' She kicks up a ferocious fuss if she needs to be changed first. She's a little savage :)

He does, tbh, it's only when he's not well that he wakes up early, he's really stuffed up and chesty. I'm giving him a dose of calpol about half an hour before bed so that it's eased a bit for him and he can sleep, by the morning it's well worn off and he wakes himself coughing. He happily snuggles up to me for a snooze, doesn't really look for his bottle until near 8am. He's only on 4 bottles a day, 8oz at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm. We'll generally get half an hour if smiles and coos before bottle time :)

OMG, there's an oct 2014 thread!!

We just got a save-the-date card for a wedding in November, so I'd better hold off for a few months on the aul broodiness!!

so ladies, now that its getting close to the end of mat leave, I am getting huge bouts of anxiety, baby will be in crèche 5 days 9 to 5. Im so afraid she will forget who I am, Ive already been teary and its not even started yet.

You guys going back on full hours too? Any tips or words of encouragement to counter the anxiety a little?

so ladies, now that its getting close to the end of mat leave, I am getting huge bouts of anxiety, baby will be in crèche 5 days 9 to 5. Im so afraid she will forget who I am, Ive already been teary and its not even started yet.

You guys going back on full hours too? Any tips or words of encouragement to counter the anxiety a little?

God, I know! I'm dreading going back to work, I work 13 hour days so I literally won't see the little man awake the days I'm in work :( My mam is taking him, so he'll be around family, my sister & her kids are always in & out but I'm not feeling any better about leaving him. Gonna do the sums and see if it would be feasible for me to take parental leave so I'm not in work as much.

He's going for his first overnight stay in his aunts house next week (assuming he's recovered from being sick) It's my OH's birthday, he's dj'ing in town so we're going out - together - for the first time in about a year!

nikpmup wrote: »
    God, I know! I'm dreading going back to work, I work 13 hour days so I literally won't see the little man awake the days I'm in work :( My mam is taking him, so he'll be around family, my sister & her kids are always in & out but I'm not feeling any better about leaving him. Gonna do the sums and see if it would be feasible for me to take parental leave so I'm not in work as much.

He's going for his first overnight stay in his aunts house next week (assuming he's recovered from being sick) It's my OH's birthday, he's dj'ing in town so we're going out - together - for the first time in about a year!

Enjoy the night out :)
    We haven't braved one of those yet.

Unfortunately family is over an hour from us so it has to be crèche/childminder, also trying to secure a loan to build at the minute so cant really cut days either. Taking the full 16 weeks unpaid and parental leave of 14 which seemed like heaven just is not feasible unfortunately.

Wouldn't it be nice?! I'm banking on winning the lotto between now & April :)

Good call lets to the lotto :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

God it's so hard to believe that the official maternity leave is almost over aaaggghh! Where have the weeks gone but still some time left to enjoy so I'm trying not to think about work. He is just starting to be so much fun now don't want someone else getting to have all the fun with him!
    Need to figure out if can add on holiday days to give more time with the little guy. I keep putting off looking at crèches, think I'm in denial but I know I need to face facts and go see some, maybe next week! Would love if family or someone I know could mind him but don't think that's an option. Really would love to do 4 day week but my boss has already said it isn't an option so it will be back to mon to fri for me although I won't be working late like I used to! Priorities have definitely changed and for the better!

Advertisement