Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Tummy time is a bit lax here too. I feel like I should be doing something educational every second he is awake but I never get to do half as much as I want to. He seems to enjoy watching Friends what can I say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I've just read an article in February's issue of Red magazine about a new mother who "dumps" her baby into the jumperoo, and calls it the "circle of neglect"!
    I'm very lax with the tummy time as well, but only cos he hates it so much, I hate hearing him get distressed. Although, again, it's like he knows - last night and today he was hoisting his head & chest up and looking around, and was about 15 minutes before he started to give out.

His auntie has him while I'm in the hairdresser. An hour to myself. Coffee, biccies, magazines, and no interruptions. Might treat myself to lunch!

Tummy time is a bit lax here too. I feel like I should be doing something educational every second he is awake but I never get to do half as much as I want to. He seems to enjoy watching Friends what can I say!!

My boy loves Utv's morning schedule - ESPECIALLY Jeremy Kyle! Squeals and goos all the way through it. Weird kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Has anyone started solids yet? If so how is it going?

Going to start in a couple of weeks. Might stock up on a few of the Ella's pouches just to have but I will make most purées from scratch while I'm at home. Those pouches seem to be just veg or fruit with no additives so will be handy to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Had a realy tough day today trying to get her down in the cot. She just gets in a state,shes missing the rocking the basket did I think. She is so cranky now but refuses to relax in there.

Had a realy tough day today trying to get her down in the cot. She just gets in a state,shes missing the rocking the basket did I think. She is so cranky now but refuses to relax in there.

My lads like a briar as well. Ramming his hands down his throat and wailing like nobody's business. Half dose of calpol and teetha gel :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ashcon

My guy has gagged numerous times today on his fists...red cheek, dribbling, chomping on his knuckles, struggling to get to sleep...and it's only going to get worse!! I've stocked up on the calpol and teetha also!!

Calpol at the ready here too.
    I looked at her earlier and she wailed! Not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

We had a very cranky baby last night too! He just would not give in to sleep, took almost 3 hours and a lot of crying and constant having to put Back on boob for him to go to sleep. Trying to stop the cycle of feeding to get him to sleep but it's the only thing that will calm him down and I keep eventually giving in n then getting really annoyed with myself that I can't get him to sleep without this as an aid! Vicious bloody circle. I am hoping he might be goin thru a growth spurt or something as he has had a few nights of waking up twice in the night, gone are the 6 or 7 hour stretches we used to have!
    Who mentioned sleeping baby from 8 to 8, I am very jealous!

• Advertisement

knock13 wrote: »
    We had a very cranky baby last night too! He just would not give in to sleep, took almost 3 hours and a lot of crying and constant having to put Back on boob for him to go to sleep. Trying to stop the cycle of feeding to get him to sleep but it's the only thing that will calm him down and I keep eventually giving in n then getting really annoyed with myself that I can't get him to sleep without this as an aid! Vicious bloody circle. I am hoping he might be goin thru a growth spurt or something as he has had a few nights of waking up twice in the night, gone are the 6 or 7 hour stretches we used to have!
    Who mentioned sleeping baby from 8 to 8, I am very jealous!

Er, that was me! Although he's started to wake at 5am for a squeal and a play. I'm not really in a talkative mood at 5am :-/

He's going to his aunties overnight tomorrow so me & OH can go out for his birthday. I'm v. Nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Went to a care of the child first aid course last night. It slightly frightened the bejesus out of me. I had always intended on doing one once I realised how little that kind of thing is covered in the antenatal class but it still took me three months to get around to doing it.

Do many peoples babies still wake during the night? Our little messer likes to give us one or two straight through nights here and there and then when we get a little hopeful that she's going to keep it up she starts waking up once anywhere between 3.30 and 5.30 for a bottle and a natter. She's now over the 3 months so technically an infant and no longer a newborn. My baby is all grown up :) She's going for an overnight with my husbands parents tonight. We have a birthday meal for my mothers 60th. Bit nervous about it too even though she spent one night with my parents over Christmas.

Id be nervous too,is this the first night apart?
    Very cranky baby here today,she usualy sleeps ok when shes finally down,no such luck last night.
    Have only left her with my sister once,that was before xmas and just for half a day.think mammy needs a break soon.

Our bundle of joy generaly goes down at half eleven and sleeps until nine.she will wake for dummy but goes back asleep right away.
    I havent done a night feed in weeks except the night she was sick and woke for a bottle at five.
    Ive probably jinxed it now;-)
    As for day sleeping,twenty minutes here and there but suits me as long as she sleeps at nite.

God, I'd love to get rid of the night bottle. She does tend to go to sleep around 8 though and will sleep until between 3-5 or the whole night if we get really lucky. When she does wake it's usually a bottle and back to sleep until around 7.30/8 so it's not too bad I suppose.

I think im spoilt with the sleeping through.i do try to time the feeding time at the zoo that her last bottle is at about tenish this generaly guarantees a quite night.

Our bundle of joy generaly goes down at half eleven and sleeps until nine.she will wake for dummy but goes back asleep right away.
    I havent done a night feed in weeks except the night she was sick and woke for a bottle at five.
    Ive probably jinxed it now;-)
    As for day sleeping,twenty minutes here and there but suits me as long as she sleeps at nite.
    My lads the same during the day - half hour catnaps, and cranky with it. By 8pm he's wrecked. He's starting to whinge for his morning nap now. He'll kip till10.30-10.35 am tops!

Tomorrow will be his first night away. I'm sure he'll be fine, I'm just a total worrier. It's funny, I took my sisters kids overnight loads if times, I had her son when he was 2 weeks old! But I'm finding it hard to cut the apron strings. Has to be done, I guess!
    I wonder will we look at each other at 1am and decide to go home?! We haven't had a hectic night out together in a year! Ah, pre baby days when we'd go out on 2day ragers... I used to be skinny, cool, and be able to converse about things other than nappies and sleeping :D

Ha I also used to be skinny and talk about items other than bottles poo and the funny face she made today!
    Ive dropped the two stone I put on but hard working loosing the muffiny top stretch marked left over bit. tmi much;-)

Baby weight gone here but I still have a couple of pounds extra that I was carrying before her to go. It's weird, my shape has changed. I obviously expected the jelly belly but not the bum! My chest is smaller and I'm skinnier around my shoulders too. Arms are more defined but I suppose that's from lugging around her ladyship. Definitely need to get my back and hip fully in order so I can get back to a bit of running and spinning. Sick of just walking and Pilates at home.

Nikpmup, enjoy the night out. You'll probably spend a significant amount of the start of it looking at pictures, talking about him and trying to resist the urge to phone/text see how he is though :) Don't worry, you'll relax after a while. We couldn't get over how quiet the place seemed without her when we got home!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Aww Groucho that sleeping pattern sounds like heaven, if only I could get somewhere near that I would be happy. I think I need to start getting tough on starting some sort of routine and sticking to it!
    Nikpmump you said that was you with the feeding to sleep, how did you get him out of that habit?

Me n hubbie haven't been out together since he arrived, would love a night out together but just feel I need to get him into some sort of proper sleeping routine before I inflict the current ordeal on my sis or mom!

Enjoy your nights out ladies, well deserved

• Advertisement

We had our LO on an overnight stay with my mother in law a few weeks ago. I was nervous but nervous for her! She was delighted to have him and is so good with kids but I just had visions if him crying all night or something. He was grand!!
    My shape has changed too. I have 5 pounds to go to pre baby weight but I can't imagine some of my clothes fitting me even when I lose that. Never mind weight on my stomach that's gone it's all on my ass and legs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Knock im still feeding to sleep too. Its the only thing that works for me. She could be dosey and ill put her down and then wake up and as soon as she touches my boob shes out cold but she does sleep from 8 untill 5 and half 5 untill half 10 so I cant really complain.

My weight is all gone but im still jiggly so im still bigger than what I was because of my lack of muscles and gainef cellulite. .the joys

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

On another note...just felt her gums because shes dribbling and hands constantly in her mouth and we have a tooth cutting through...ahhh my baby is getting big :(

knock13 wrote: »
    Aww Groucho that sleeping pattern sounds like heaven, if only I could get somewhere near that I would be happy. I think I need to start getting tough on starting some sort of routine and sticking to it!
    Nikpmump you said that was you with the feeding to sleep, how did you get him out of that habit?

Me n hubbie haven't been out together since he arrived, would love a night out together but just feel I need to get him into some sort of proper sleeping routine before I inflict the current ordeal on my sis or mom!

Enjoy your nights out ladies, well deserved

I never fed him to sleep, he'd occasionally pass out with a bottle but he'd wake up quick enough! He does need to be cuddled to sleep - might take ten mins, might take 30. I used to resent it, now I actually look forward to it. I can't rush it, and it's half an hour spent just cuddling him in a quiet dark room, on my iPad or phone, listening to him breathe. It's the only quiet time I get with him all day where I don't have anything else to do, and it's lovely - good for me as well as him. I love looking at the trust in his little face as he drops off :)

Oh God - my sister came to collect him just as he exploded into a meltdown of epic proportions. He was screaming going off.... The door closed and I burst into tears - I feel bloody awful :(

nikpmup wrote: »
    Oh God - my sister came to collect him just as he exploded into a meltdown of epic proportions. He was screaming going off.... The door closed and I burst into tears - I feel bloody awful :(

Agh, that's hard nikpmup. He'll probably fine once she gets him to her place. My little lady likes to do it as I leave. Did it just before we left to do the first aid course the other night. She was fine five minutes after we left. My mother sent me a video of her 15 minutes later giving out to baby tv!!

My sister texted me to say that she was giving him his bottle & he was grand, but I still feel terrible! If he'd been in good form going off it'd have been grand :(

I've a feeling poor mammy will be home by midnight fretting! So much for a rager!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They're at the stage where they start making strange. I wouldn't worry. My guy is doing it to my Mam who he sees all the time. He's usually grand ten minutes later, cooing away!

How did he get on nikpmup?

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    How did he get on nikpmup?

Grand apparently, he's still at my sisters! Slept all night, woke up once but settled himself back to sleep and is having fun playing with his cousins :)

Advertisement