Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Grand apparently, he's still at my sisters! Slept all night, woke up once but settled himself back to sleep and is having fun playing with his cousins :)

That's great! My lady did the same the night before at her Granny and Grandads. She did stay up nearly 3 hours later than usual watching the Late Late though :) Hope ye had a good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ashcon

Not sure if this has been posted already but what is with the smell from pampers active fit nappies? I just moved lo from newborn size 2 to active fit size 3. Even when I know he is wet - like only just wet and not a full nappy - the smell is so so strong. I only picked up active fit as they were buy one get one free in tesco last week, so can anyone tell me are all pampers the same smell wise?! Anyone using pampers babydry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I find babydry worse.we had been using active fit all along.got babydry because they were on offer. I can smell wet nappy with these but never had the smell with activefit well certainly not as noticeable anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I get the smell with pampers as well

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Is it almost like a chemical smell ? I get that too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

4 month jabs today, a little later than planned. It went fine, he's having a little nap now.

What you can smell is the crystals in the nappy reacting with the water in the urine as it absorbs. It doesn't bother me much. I'm well used to it I suppose!

Smells like wee to me!!

My car is still in the Garda lock up. My car is still in the Garda lock up. My car is still in the Garda lock up. My car is still in the Garda lock up. My car is still in the Garda lock up.

At this stage I think I'd be better off to pay some little scobie to nick it again!

Is it almost like a chemical smell ? I get that too.

Yep it smells like it's really full and saturated, but I know it's not!! And I'm really missing the wetness indicator that was on the newborn nappies!

ashcon wrote: »
    Yep it smells like it's really full and saturated, but I know it's not!! And I'm really missing the wetness indicator that was on the newborn nappies!

Same!! I miss the blue strip a lot.

Smells like wee to me!!

My car is still in the Garda lock up. My car is still in the Garda lock up. My car is still in the Garda lock up. My car is still in the Garda lock up. My car is still in the Garda lock up.

At this stage I think I'd be better off to pay some little scobie to nick it again!

Very annoying about the car. Do you know whether the buggy is still in it? Meant to ask, did you end trying the gaviscon/anti reflux formula?

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Very annoying about the car. Do you know whether the buggy is still in it? Meant to ask, did you end trying the gaviscon/anti reflux formula?

No idea what's in it - it's locked and nobody seems to know what to do about it (smash the effin window!)

I bought the gaviscon but I haven't tried it yet. I didn't want to try it when he was going away overnight, and miraculously he's started to tolerate the tummy time a lot better, so I'll hold off. He's getting his jabs on Wednesday, I'll ask the doc then what she thinks (he seems a lot more comfortable than he used to be so I think the reflux is maybe getting better, I don't want to give unnecessary meds if that's the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

What are u guys using for teething. Second tooth appearing and dont want to keep giving her calpol

Using teetha powder sachets here. Seems to be well received. Haven't had to hit the calpol yet for teeth. Saying that we still only have two just under the surface, nothing has cut through yet.

Bloody 4.45 poos. Grrrr! She's done 3 nights straight through and it's like her bowel knows I'm back on duty again. She was with granny and grandad Friday and my husband was off yesterday so he said he'd get up the last two nights but didn't end up needing to.

Using teetha powder sachets here. Seems to be well received. Haven't had to hit the calpol yet for teeth. Saying that we still only have two just under the surface, nothing has cut through yet.

Bloody 4.45 poos. Grrrr! She's done 3 nights straight through and it's like her bowel knows I'm back on duty again. She was with granny and grandad Friday and my husband was off yesterday so he said he'd get up the last two nights but didn't end up needing to.

I've never seen the sachets - how do they work? Don't envy you on the 5am poos!

Think my little man is looking interested in food. I'm eating toast for my breakfast, and he's gawping at me/it; I'm making exaggerated 'nom nom nom' sounds and he's grinning like a loon and licking his lips!

I've never seen the sachets - how do they work? Don't envy you on the 5am poos!

Think my little man is looking interested in food. I'm eating toast for my breakfast, and he's gawping at me/it; I'm making exaggerated 'nom nom nom' sounds and he's grinning like a loon and licking his lips!

Ha, we call the teetha granules baby cocaine. They are little sachets of white powder that you tip into their mouths. It was a bit awkward to get in at the start but now she opens her mouth and smacks her lips after it. Olivia is mad watching us eat too. Public health nurse said we could start a little spoon feeding around 18 weeks. Don't know whether that's a little young. Will see closer to the time I suppose.

Ha, we call the teetha granules baby cocaine. They are little sachets of white powder that you tip into their mouths. It was a bit awkward to get in at the start but now she opens her mouth and smacks her lips after it. Olivia is mad watching us eat too. Public health nurse said we could start a little spoon feeding around 18 weeks. Don't know whether that's a little young. Will see closer to the time I suppose.

Yeah, I think my fella is a bit young as well, he's a bit behind with sitting up and head control so I'll hold off for a bit I think. Mind you, the poor lad has had so much calpol and neurofen in the last few months that he seems to be well able to move it to the back of his mouth and swallow. I'm gonna buy the Annabel Karmel book and have a read before I start.
    Must get those sachets, I read on another thread that apparently the gel hardens their gums so it makes teething harder?! All I know is it's mostly his lips & tongue that gets it :D

I've just realised I've only 7 weeks of maternity leave left!!!

I've just realised I've only 7 weeks of maternity leave left!!!

8 here. Must work how much extra leave I can afford to take. Hoping a month if I can.

8 here. Must work how much extra leave I can afford to take. Hoping a month if I can.

I think I have about a months annual leave as well, but my god, it's rolling in fast!

Roesy, I got those teetha sachets today... You're right! They are like baby cocaine!! Himself was sucking it off his lips earlier! They work much better than the gel, he didn't put his hand near his mouth for ages after I gave it to him. Cheers!

• Advertisement

So, while there's still no sign of my car being released, my OH has got a 2 day test drive of the car he's thinking of buying, and he's left it for me today as little man has his jabs later. New(ish) Mercedes today, bus tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

PHN told me to start him on baby rice 4 weeks ago and i did and he loved it. 2 weeks ago i started giving him apple and pear, first 3 days apple, next 3 days pear. Monday i started him on carrot. So in the morning he has his bottle around 1 he will have carrot and fruit at around 6....

Am i right :/

Baby has officialy become dangerous,sits up in bouncer chair,looses balance and slips to side and looks like shecould tip forward!
    I think the non mobile honeymoon period is coming to an end:-/

Still without electricity and looks like tomorrow afternoon at the earliest before we're back up and running. It's a long day with a baby in a house with no power! We're on the way to my in-laws for the night. The amount of crap we had to pack up and bring is unreal! It's times like this I wish I was still breastfeeding so I wouldn't have had to spend the day worrying about bottles and packing up the steriliser and formula.

Still without electricity and looks like tomorrow afternoon at the earliest before we're back up and running. It's a long day with a baby in a house with no power! We're on the way to my in-laws for the night. The amount of crap we had to pack up and bring is unreal! It's times like this I wish I was still breastfeeding so I wouldn't have had to spend the day worrying about bottles and packing up the steriliser and formula.

I just had a mini panic attack thinking what I would do if we lost power, I cud cope without power as long as I had enough bottles, so just sterilised a heap of spare bottles that I had and got a few of the already made up cartons of aptimal. I've never had to use them before, ive always been weary that they are made up so far in advance.. I've 30 mins for the water to cool drummed into my head at this stage so it's kinda wierd thinking this carton stuff is ok!! 😉

Hope everyone is safe and tucked up indoors, it's crazy out there

ashcon wrote: »
    I just had a mini panic attack thinking what I would do if we lost power, I cud cope without power as long as I had enough bottles, so just sterilised a heap of spare bottles that I had and got a few of the already made up cartons of aptimal. I've never had to use them before, ive always been weary that they are made up so far in advance.. I've 30 mins for the water to cool drummed into my head at this stage so it's kinda wierd thinking this carton stuff is ok!! 😉

Hope everyone is safe and tucked up indoors, it's crazy out there

I always have a load of ready made bottles and some Milton tablets in stock, so if the power goes I'll be okay. (Have a gas hob, so worst case scenario would be boil water on the stove)

Hatches battened down for the night - tree came down across the road earlier, very glad I don't have to head out in it!

We can't use the ready made bottles unfortunately. They don't come in anti reflux formula.

We can't use the ready made bottles unfortunately. They don't come in anti reflux formula.

That's a shame Roesy - hope you don't get stuck without power for too long. You have to make up the anti-reflux stuff with chilled water, don't you? Nightmare! And yes, you do need to pack a heap of stuff for babies! Little man went to my sisters on Saturday night, I actually sent him with a small suitcase, his buggy, his change bag, and a travel cot! :eek::D

He had his four month jabs today. I gave him a full dose of neurofen before he went in, (I normally only give a half dose for anything other than severe illness/pain!) he screamed for exactly one minute then settled back to drinking his Bo Bo! He did squeeze out a couple of real tears though! Devastating for mammy :( Little hero was in topper form all day afterwards, he had a proper nap for once (neurofen!) then spent the day playing. And screeching. For fun. Yes, he's discovered screeching. He even went on his tummy loads and lifted his head up properly (instead of just lying there and knawing his knuckles)

Little man has been awake from 3am the last two nights. I'm hoping it's just cos of his jabs and that he'll soon settle. I took him into the bed both nights, just so we could both get some sleep - I was too tired to argue lol! I'll try to get him to self soothe over the weekend; I want my 8-8 sleeper back!!

• Advertisement

Maybe its this 4 month sleep regression thing I've been reading about nikpmup? Hopefully not! Has he settled back to his old routine? Any sign of getting the car back?

My little madam has taken a proper liking to Babytv. Its mind numbing for me but she loves it! It's handy now to be able to put her in front of it in her bouncer for a few minutes and get things done though.

She's being quite strange with people lately and will cry if anyone else holds her while myself or my husband are there. Any way of getting her over this? It's weird, she's well used to being around other people. Everyone is saying she is too young to be strange with people.

She's wearing a gorgeous, grey, wintery patterned jumper dress and little cream leggings today. She looks ridiculously cute in it! Must dress her in outfits more often. She has loads but I still tend to have her in babygros most of the time for the comfort factor.

Advertisement