Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm delighted I sent James to crèche tbh. It's been a wonderful experience for us all. I have no qualms sending Rory now too. I know my mother wouldn't be able to provide the same stimulation if she had been looking after him, heck, I wouldn't be able to myself. :)

James has chicken pops. I'm sure Rory's next.

That's what I was thinking too about the stimulation. He will have small cousins around but I would like him to interact with babies he doesn't know. I might look at a local crèche for when he is a bit older maybe a morning a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Wow, spooky, I just spent pretty much the whole day discussing going again lol! I even sent my OH a text telling him that I was jealous of the bumps and I wanted him to knock me up :D

Re the crèche, tbh it's all my issue - I'm terrible at letting him go; the night he went to my sisters I spent a good part of wailing (he was perfectly fine!) I'm sure he'd be fine in a good crèche, but I wouldn't!!

DK, hope the chicken pops don't spread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Baby is rolling with intent! Just rolled from front to back four times in a row. Terrifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Roesy wrote: »
    Baby is rolling with intent! Just rolled from front to back four times in a row. Terrifying!

Thats crazy:-) big excitement.im mad for a full roll here!

Thats crazy:-) big excitement.im mad for a full roll here!

Very exciting! We were clapping and cheering like big eejits(after we got over the surprise of the first one!!). She nearly rolled off her playmat the first time and we have wooden floors.

• Advertisement

Very exciting! We were clapping and cheering like big eejits(after we got over the surprise of the first one!!). She nearly rolled off her playmat the first time and we have wooden floors.

Thats great:-) did ye try stop her or let her go? Im terrible when she goes to roll from front to back here my reflexes kick in and my hand goes to stop her.weve wooden floors too but ive a feeling shes more resilient than I give her credit for

Thats great:-) did ye try stop her or let her go? Im terrible when she goes to roll from front to back here my reflexes kick in and my hand goes to stop her.weve wooden floors too but ive a feeling shes more resilient than I give her credit for

A bit of both really. She rolled towards my husband first so he guided her head down the first time. We then centred her on the mat and let her go. We were right next to her but I have to admit I had the urge to catch her! Put her back on her front again and she didn't do it again. I managed to catch her on video earlier so I can show off/bore people :)

wow Roesy :) My little man did a couple of unintentional half rolls yesterday - he was on his tummy, and he kind of flopped onto his back. Nothing since :rolleyes:

So, we're both sick, AGAIN! Streaming colds - he sounds like I make him smoke 20 a day!!

Roesy, I saw your other thread about napping - I've no advice really, but I still feel (my lad) is a bit young to be in a regular schedule. He still falls asleep in my arms - storing up trouble maybe, but its gone from taking him an hour to go down, with at least four return trips up the stairs, to taking about ten minutes, and it's getting rarer that I have to go back into him. During the day he wakes anytime between 6 and half seven, has a 30 minute nap at about 9.30/10am, another hour after lunch and another half hour in the evening. He goes to bed around 7.30/8pm. He naps on his beanbag in the morning, his pram at lunchtime and wherever he happens to be in the evening - it's generally in the car if I'm driving in to collect himself from work. I'm a firm believer in relying on these things working themselves out - I don't know of any 15yr old boys who have to be cuddled to sleep by mama or who sleep in her bed :D My phn was all concerned, telling me he should be sleeping three hours from 11am and the reason for that is because he'd have to do it in a creche or childminders. Well, sorry, but no! He's finding his own rhythm, and we'll all get there.

Exact same here zero schedule and I dont realy try to enforce one.
    She usualy goes down at eleven at night,wakes at eight or nine. Mite nap then a little after ten three and seven,mite take thirty mins maybe an hour if weve spent a lot of tummy time.
    If we go in the car its a given that she sleeps the entire journey

• Advertisement

Little monkey did four rolls in a row Saturday and seems to have forgotten/lost her nerve since!!

I don't really mind the schedule thing. She sleeps well enough at night. It's just the pitch battle to get her to even take a 30 minute nap! You wouldn't mind but she is dying to sleep about 2 hours after waking and by about 2 and a half hours her eyes are like slits. Oh and she'll nap like a dream for the in-laws! I do suspect that they just let her sleep in their arms though.

Little monkey did four rolls in a row Saturday and seems to have forgotten/lost her nerve since!!

I don't really mind the schedule thing. She sleeps well enough at night. It's just the pitch battle to get her to even take a 30 minute nap! You wouldn't mind but she is dying to sleep about 2 hours after waking and by about 2 and a half hours her eyes are like slits. Oh and she'll nap like a dream for the in-laws! I do suspect that they just let her sleep in their arms though.

She'll get there eventually. I'm just grateful that he sleeps at night, three months of walking the floors at stupid O'Clock was starting to take it's toll! :D

Were napping now since twelve,longest nap shes done midday in a long time:-)

Were napping now since twelve,longest nap shes done midday in a long time:-)

Mine's just awake :) You could set your clock by him sometimes, he went down at 12.15!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Mine's just awake :) You could set your clock by him sometimes, he went down at 12.15!

That wasa gud long nap he took. Shes still snoozing here.

She's on her second nap of the day. First was the bare 30 minutes. She's been asleep since 1 o' clock this time. Should have been due a bottle around 1.30. There really is no predicting with her and naps.

Not that I'm complaining!!

That was a gud long nap too roesy
    Herself here woke at 2,had the bottle at half past and has now dozed off on me,i dont have the heart to move her

So, we're both sick, AGAIN! Streaming colds - he sounds like I make him smoke 20 a day!!

Sounds really odd nikpmup, but would you try putting a quartered onion in his room at the first sign of a cold. My Moldovan friend suggested it to me when Olivia was really little. She said it was a home remedy she used herself and was used by her parents and grandparents. They had no pharmacy where she grew up and a doctor was only called if they were dying!! I've tried it a few times at the first sign of a cold and whether its coincidence or not she's never gotten one.
    That was a gud long nap too roesy
    Herself here woke at 2,had the bottle at half past and has now dozed off on me,i dont have the heart to move her

Ya, was a great nap. She is quite tired today though. She was falling asleep in the bath, poor little chicken!!

In other news, I have just discovered that I can now watch 'One born every minute' without being terrified :D

Sounds really odd nikpmup, but would you try putting a quartered onion in his room at the first sign of a cold. My Moldovan friend suggested it to me when Olivia was really little. She said it was a home remedy she used herself and was used by her parents and grandparents. They had no pharmacy where she grew up and a doctor was only called if they were dying!! I've tried it a few times at the first sign of a cold and whether its coincidence or not she's never gotten one.

Ya, was a great nap. She is quite tired today though. She was falling asleep in the bath, poor little chicken!!

In other news, I have just discovered that I can now watch 'One born every minute' without being terrified :D

Ach, I think he just had a bad run of luck; I had loads of antibiotics when I was pregnant, IV antibiotics when I before and during my labour, and he had 48 hours of antibiotics when he was born. My GP thinks all of that gave his immune system a battering so he's catching everything going. I might try the onion trick the next time! (I had heard of it before, but I thought it was a stupid facebook/viral nonsense yoke!)

He was IM-POSS-IBLE today; couldn't put him down for a minute. Had to go back up to him four times tonight, he's only just settled. I'm shattered and in vile humour.

Still can't watch One Born, but for different reasons - I'm still so upset about the way Hugo came into the world, watching other women having lovely births and welcoming their babies just makes me sad :(

• Advertisement

Im not the only oddball that watches that after the event,yay :-D I couldnt watch them before I had her. Sometimes I do get a bit emotional watching it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Now after reading all your comments.i feel like my baby sleeps too much. She sleeps from half 8 untill between 8 and 9 and has a nap from 1 untill 4!! Is that way too much for a 17week old?

Madisson wrote: »
    Now after reading all your comments.i feel like my baby sleeps too much. She sleeps from half 8 untill between 8 and 9 and has a nap from 1 untill 4!! Is that way too much for a 17week old?

I don't think it's too much, I'm jealous of the long nap!!! My nighttime hours are similar lately though so I can't complain really. We have had a few occasions of 2 or 3 hour naps. When I mentioned that to the paediatrician she said 3 hours was too long though. If she slept three hours during her nap and was still good at night I don't think I'd be seeing anything wrong with it!

Ach, I think he just had a bad run of luck; I had loads of antibiotics when I was pregnant, IV antibiotics when I before and during my labour, and he had 48 hours of antibiotics when he was born. My GP thinks all of that gave his immune system a battering so he's catching everything going. I might try the onion trick the next time! (I had heard of it before, but I thought it was a stupid facebook/viral nonsense yoke!)

He was IM-POSS-IBLE today; couldn't put him down for a minute. Had to go back up to him four times tonight, he's only just settled. I'm shattered and in vile humour.

Still can't watch One Born, but for different reasons - I'm still so upset about the way Hugo came into the world, watching other women having lovely births and welcoming their babies just makes me sad :(

Was fairly sceptical of the onion thing. Still not sure that's what's saved her from the cold but anytime she's had a cough or a sniffle we've tried it and it's never gone full blown(yet!!!). She was a bit congested sounding this evening as she went to bed and I forgot to put one in though so we 'll see. It does make the room fairly stinky though :)

I don't think it's too much, I'm jealous of the long nap!!! My nighttime hours are similar lately though so I can't complain really. We have had a few occasions of 2 or 3 hour naps. When I mentioned that to the paediatrician she said 3 hours was too long though. If she slept three hours during her nap and was still good at night I don't think I'd be seeing anything wrong with it!

That paed sounds mad - if she needs the sleep, she'll sleep! My phn said he should be getting a three hour nap. Again, nonsense - every baby is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

The joys of being woken up by a pooping baby at 6 am...
    He never used to poop during his sleep but has done so every morning now for a week.

Regarding the sleeping, I found the Elisabeth pantley books quite useful. She has the no cry sleep solution and also the no cry nap solution.
    Ds is generally grand for night time, but since he doesn't fit the pram anymore the daytime maps have been a disaster! Been trying some of the tips for a couple of days now and managed to get an extra 35 minutes out of ds at lunch time.

What weight are your guys? Mine was 9.5kg last week... I like that he's a good size and sturdy, but sometimes wish he'd grow a little slower, my poor back :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Ive heard loads about that book must give it a read :)

My teeny tot is 5.6kg haha

My lad is about 17lbs... Think that's about 7.7kg?!

Wooha, I had him in my bed early morning a few days ago, and he pooped in the bed....

I'm never happy. She's after a two hour nap already today(with the usual fuss!). She woke about an hour and a half ago. Had a bottle and a small bit of a play and then started rubbing her eyes after about 40 minutes. I gave her a bit of a rock and a walk and she was still unsettled and tired. Had to run up to sign for a parcel so I put her in the cot with the mobile on. There was no crying or giving out so I tidied up my lunch dishes and when I went back in after a few minutes she'd fallen off to sleep with no fuss so now I'm up and down the hall checking she's okay :o I don't know how many times I've wished for the day she'd go to sleep with all the fuss of bouncing, rocking and walking and now she's done it once I'm suspicious she's coming down with something!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

I'm never happy. She's after a two hour nap already today(with the usual fuss!). She woke about an hour and a half ago. Had a bottle and a small bit of a play and then started rubbing her eyes after about 40 minutes. I gave her a bit of a rock and a walk and she was still unsettled and tired. Had to run up to sign for a parcel so I put her in the cot with the mobile on. There was no crying or giving out so I tidied up my lunch dishes and when I went back in after a few minutes she'd fallen off to sleep with no fuss so now I'm up and down the hall checking she's okay :o I don't know how many times I've wished for the day she'd go to sleep with all the fuss of bouncing, rocking and walking and now she's done it once I'm suspicious she's coming down with something!!

The mysteries of babies...

Had something similar a few days ago. DS was tired, but really fussy, refused the boob, arched his back, carrying him, rocking him, different positions, no luck... everytime I thought I had him calmed down, he'd start crying again. I put him down on the bed for 2 seconds while I grabbed my water bottle and suddenly his eyes started getting heavy and a minute later he was fast asleep.

You just don't know what to think after that...

Advertisement