Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

nikpmup wrote: »
    My lad is about 17lbs... Think that's about 7.7kg?!

Wooha, I had him in my bed early morning a few days ago, and he pooped in the bed....

He pooped this morning while I was feeding him. I was pumping at the same time, so daddy got to clean him up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

What a day, cancelled meeting my friend today because I felt blobby in all of my clothes. I felt like I looked pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

What a day, cancelled meeting my friend today because I felt blobby in all of my clothes. I felt like I looked pregnant.

:( I feel blobby too :(

After all the talk of naps and putting baby down awake, tonight I went to bring H to bed, as usual. And as usual, he fought it - sometimes it's a minute or two of whinging in my arms, tonight it was a full on meltdown. Eventually I gave up, put him in the cot awake and sat on the bed with my iPad. Asleep in three minutes and hasn't stirred since. :confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

All sorts of baby weird sleeping going on then! I got a second (short!) nap by just putting her down with the mobile on. So nice not to have the fighting/crying/walking/bouncing that usually takes place. Was still suspicious that she was up to something :)

Was supposed to start back to Pilates class this evening but I've got a heavy period(tmi..sorry!). Was told they'd become regular and less painful after having a baby. They've just become regular. Definitely not less heavy or painful :( Was really looking forward to a proper, tough workout. Would love to get back in shape.

I was told that too. Liars. They're so heavy that I actually have to use leftover maternity pads at night, as well as tampons - during the day I go through a super plus tampon and an always every hour or so. Horrible.

• Advertisement

Mine have become painless.have gotten caught out twice. No cramps at all but definately heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Went to docs today as felt absolutely awful last night, shivering with cold but burning up and feverish and no energy at all. Have bloody mastitis! Got antibiotics so am hoping they work very quickly as it's no fun looking after little one when feel like this. Awake here feeding and pjs soaked in sweat - nice!! Now I just need to watch out for thrush as apparently very common to get when on antibiotics n breast feeding - oh the joys of it!

Just something I thought was a bit mad, I was feeding him yday n I was crying with pain as boob was very sore, he looked up at me n saw me crying n started crying too. He then kept looking up at me and I forced myself to stop n was smiling at him n he stopped crying n went back feeding but kept a very close eye on me!! Sensitive little fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Mine have become painless.have gotten caught out twice. No cramps at all but definately heavier.

That's so weird I'm the very same. No cramps at all. I was caught out Sunday morning my pajamas were destroyed YMI sorry !! And because they are not regular I have no idea when to expect them. I'm gonna wear pads just incase when I'm due again. Such a waste though !!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Feel better soon knock.

I've been giving Rory bits of rice cake to see if he's ready for food. Yesterday at lunchtime he was teething on a piece and clumsily taking it in and out of his mouth and it got stuck on the side of his face (it was about half the size of his cheek).

So the rest of us burst out laughing and the poor lad is looking from one of us to the other to the other, wondering, WTF?! Which, of course, is even funnier. We were creased!

Then he burst into tears.

It was so hard to stop laughing while I was taking him out of his chair to cuddle him, but dammit I did it.

knock13 wrote: »
    Went to docs today as felt absolutely awful last night, shivering with cold but burning up and feverish and no energy at all. Have bloody mastitis! Got antibiotics so am hoping they work very quickly as it's no fun looking after little one when feel like this. Awake here feeding and pjs soaked in sweat - nice!! Now I just need to watch out for thrush as apparently very common to get when on antibiotics n breast feeding - oh the joys of it!

Just something I thought was a bit mad, I was feeding him yday n I was crying with pain as boob was very sore, he looked up at me n saw me crying n started crying too. He then kept looking up at me and I forced myself to stop n was smiling at him n he stopped crying n went back feeding but kept a very close eye on me!! Sensitive little fella!

My sympathies knock, I had it and felt bloody rank. Couldn't get off the sofa, it's an awful dose. The antibiotics work quickly though. Keep feeding feeding feeding to clear it :) Your little man sounds very sweet!

• Advertisement

Hope you feel better soon knock.
    We went to the gym today,she loved it,she was watching evryting and then the whitenoise of the machines sent her off to sleep.
    Feel great after getting out of the house. My pram confidence is growing

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Feel better knock. .

A gym you can bring babies to? Where is this magical place??

Enrolled her for school today...2018..so scary

So I've applied for parental leave until the end of June then summer holidays kick in so I officially won't be back to work until September. It'll be a lean few weeks but I'm happier now that the decision has been made. It means that we have more time to work out what's best for us in terms of child care too. My mother hopes to take her 2 days. We'd love if my husbands parents would take her 2 days and then have my husband use parental leave for the other day. If not we'll decide between a childminder and crèche.

Thanks ladies, think drugs are starting to work feeling a lot better than yesterday. Still not right but at least the sweats have stopped, fingers crossed tomorrow is a better day!

So where is this gym that you can bring a baby? sounds great although not even making it out for walks lately so not sure if would make it to gym.

Anyone any advice for essentials to bring when traveling with baby? Heading to canaries next week (if his passport arrives on time, still waiting) and already bit nervous about flight n reckon our bags will be full of all his stuff n toys that I am thinking will need!

knock13 wrote: »
    Thanks ladies, think drugs are starting to work feeling a lot better than yesterday. Still not right but at least the sweats have stopped, fingers crossed tomorrow is a better day!

So where is this gym that you can bring a baby? sounds great although not even making it out for walks lately so not sure if would make it to gym.

Anyone any advice for essentials to bring when traveling with baby? Heading to canaries next week (if his passport arrives on time, still waiting) and already bit nervous about flight n reckon our bags will be full of all his stuff n toys that I am thinking will need!

Glad you are feeling a bit better knock. Have no experience of travelling with baby yet but this thread might be of some use to you.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/89078159

Thanks a mill rosey that's really useful. I haven't a clue what to bring n just want to pack up he whole house of his stuff! I have to remind myself that there are shops there!!

Gave the little man some pear this morning - very funny. Scrunched up his face & winced, then big grin - for every spoonful! He's now squealing VERY loudly at Jeremy Kyle!

Gave the little man some pear this morning - very funny. Scrunched up his face & winced, then big grin - for every spoonful! He's now squealing VERY loudly at Jeremy Kyle!

How many weeks is he nikpmup and how many weeks was he when you started with the little bit of food?

Roesy wrote: »
    How many weeks is he nikpmup and how many weeks was he when you started with the little bit of food?

He'll be 22 weeks on friday. I started a week or so ago, just a couple of spoonfuls of baby porridge, then gave him pureed pear and apple in the last few days. I'm going to start cooking up butternut squash, carrots, that type of thing in the coming weeks. He seems to be digging it so far!

Were starting on sunshine orange today,17 weeks.
    For the first time she went asleep in bed with me this morning.she looked so cute it was gas.

• Advertisement

Had paediatrician check up for reflux today. Little whopper is 16.5lb and is in the 80's and 90's percentile wise for length, weight and head circumference. She was brilliant. Little star was so good for the long wait and then charmed the pants off the doctor while we were in there. She is super crabby now though. Has been dying for a nap since about 5.30 and fighting it. Bet she'll conk now that I don't want her to sleep.

Thats great roesy. We had great excitement when she got to one stone weight.
    We'l all have arms like body builders propping up the little whoppers.

So, carrot went down well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

So, carrot went down well!!

Carrot went well here too. In fact everything has I may have a savage on my hands haha. Gave him pear yesterday but his nappy was pure water last night. TMI I know !!

Can't wait to see how it affects him tomorrow!

My son has discovered his testicles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

My son has discovered his testicles :D

Hi hi :-)

The little man here is getting closer and closer to them with his hands every day :-)

My husband is dying to give Olivia her first bit of food. He says he's feeling guilty eating in front of her now that she's so interested in what's going on on our plates :) Will try and hold off another bit though. We were back at the paediatrician on Monday about the reflux and she said hold off on the grub another few weeks if we can.

Laughing at the little lads finding their bits. I never realised it started this young!!

Pretty tired this morning. Last two nights have been quite disturbed by loud baby having big chats with herself and last night my little acrobat was turned sideways in the cot, head touching the bars on one side and leg(in grobag) stuck through the bars on the other side. It was pretty funny looking as she's so long but she was all squashed. Had to turn her without waking her then it took ages to get back to sleep. The nappy this morning was horrendous to clean up too over all the wriggling!

I don't think he meant to find his bits, he was just having a grab about and suddenly found himself with a handful of liathroidí :D Since then, every time the nappy's off, he has himself a grab. I've managed to prevent him from grabbing them when they are covered in poo......so far!

It's funny when they are dying to get at the food, isn't it?! This little man laughs at us when we're eating, but it's kind of a knowing laugh, almost "ah.... You're going to give me some of that....aren't you?!" I'm looking forward to finger food, I reckon he'll devour it :)

Again, Roesy our kids are in sync. He's still got a bit of a cold and is all bunged up, so he's been quite restless. Awake at 5.30 but only lasted till 6.30 - I'd normally get till about 7/7.30 out of him if I take him into the bed with me. Sitting on the sofa here trying to neck a coffee before Mr Man decides he wants ATTENTION!!! I've a coffee morning later on, will attempt to look like something that resembles a human woman before I leave the house :pac:

• Advertisement

Thats gas about them noticing their bits!!
    Were gone majorly backwards with the cot sleeping,i gave in and reverted back to the basket. I need to get her back in the cot though. She nows discovered screaming,it is piercing,i mean unreal loud and catty for a tiny person.

Advertisement